Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages (30094 Views)

The Origin Of Urhobo People / Niger Deltan Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / Attention Please!!! From Now, Every Niger-deltan Should Love The Igbos. .o (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
fratermathy:

God forbids it ever gets to that point. As it is now, many people see all of us as Igbos. Even Igbos try to annex us forcefully.

We need to assert ourselves and its not only by mouth but by actions.

Thank God for Sir Anthony Ukere who has launched an Urhobo Language Institute in Abraka. The sad thing is that "lost" students schooling in Abraka don't patronise that Institute so that they can learn their native language. It's such a shame...

Lol... All major tribes are guilty of this.

For me, Igbos annexing ND is not a bad idea. I may be wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by airsaylongcon: 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
Efewestern:
Fratermathy Our parents re d problem, They don't Teach Us our language, The only way u know am Urhobo is my name.. Can't speak It.. Lolz..

Our parents really are the problem. They were scared that learning Urhobo side by side with English will probably damage our English. But what I find really amazing is that my mum who was a real "Ogburhobo" growing up spoke English without the Urhobo problem associated with shursh (church) or jenerator (Generator). My dad has a slight problem with "sh" though but that's only if you critically listen to him. They speak excellent English and very dangerous Urhobo even switching into deep dialect for further effect. But aside from my ability to tell Udu and Ughievwen Urhobo apart, my ability to speak is atrocious even though I understand appreciably well

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by TheUmbra: 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
LorDBolton:

Smh. See delusion? Igbos that do not even know their history telling us OUR own history? If not cos it's 2016 you will even claim igbos 'own' lagos that many of your ancestors settled here. Mtcheeew

The fact u cannot distinguish between a settlement and owners of a land shows you even a kid who wasn't well groomed.

Even the obi of onithsa cannot open his mouth to say this crap... only GOD can punish the white men who came and released you guys from the captivity oyo, benin and other hausa kingdoms have subjected ya'll to.

Core igbos are black... go and find out the history of the fair skinned ones (they started popping up when the whites came guess u already know y)

The manner of reaction to a provakable submission is a good pointer to the mental and psychological make up of the reactor.

You left yourself wide open when you quoted Mr Igboid and I beheld your entrails -- undigested fibres of hate and bitterness have made you a constipated soul choking in bigotry.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Princealex1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Pidggin:
Lol, OP deal with it. I need a language that I can speak and understand when I enter Delta, Cross River, Edo, Akwa ibom , etc. Which one should I pick out of all the languages spoken in these states? PIDGIN wins cheesy

Imagine someone above saying Akwa ibom and Cross River have Igbo affiliation. I don't know why you guys are so insecure, it seems your five States are not okay for you hence you want to encroach, it will never happen.

Actually they do have affiliation,you can look up the history/details from wikipedia if you dont mind

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by MizTyna(f): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2016
This sadly is nothing but the truth. I'm Urhobo,born and raised in Lagos. I'm lucky to be able to speak Urhobo,Yoruba and English Languages fluently. But most people I've met are not like that and surprisingly seemed proud about it like I'm local to speak. Very annoying to say the least. Nothing cool about being unable to speak your Language

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
LorDBolton:

Smh. See delusion? Igbos that do not even know their history telling us OUR own history? If not cos it's 2016 you will even claim igbos 'own' lagos that many of your ancestors settled here. Mtcheeew

The fact u cannot distinguish between a settlement and owners of a land shows you even a kid who wasn't well groomed.

Even the obi of onithsa cannot open his mouth to say this crap... only GOD can punish the white men who came and released you guys from the captivity oyo, benin and other hausa kingdoms have subjected ya'll to.

Core igbos are black... go and find out the history of the fair skinned ones (they started popping up when the whites came guess u already know y)

You are silly? Which Oyo do you speak of? The one that begged to be colonised by the British or the Bini that was dismantled by the British in less than two weeks.

You are very silly. Fair skin amongst both western and Eastern Igbos were things the first white man that set foot on Igboland noticed. It's a natural attribute that we don't give much to, but I see is consuming you.

I state it as it is. Whether you like it or not. With Cross Rivers no longer an oil producing state, the only thing that Unites the entire SS region, is shared culture with their Igbo neighbours.
That does not in anyway mean that we want groups like Urhobo,Bini, Itsekiri Isoko with all their bitterness in a future Igbo country.

6 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by oruma19: 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
themosthigh:
[b] The truth is that this is happening because urhobo is regarded as an inferior language by even urhobo themselves. That is why the greatest urhobo man and one of our founding fathers cheif okotie eboh went and denounced his race then applied to become and itshekiri man...ceremonies where done accepting him into the itsekiri fold and he forever dissociated himself from the lowly urhobos even though they have the highest population in delta state.
Urhobos are mostly regarded as poorly educated and local thinking savages and have been dominated historically by the itshekiris and ijaws.They possess no oil and are not good farmer and historically serve the superior itshekiris and during the biafran wars supported the nigerian side leading to the masscre of their compatriots who are the delta igbos. It is a thing of pride for an urhobo man to be mixed by blood to itshekiri or better still igbos or yorubas and they are so ashamed of their heritage if not untill recently that their nollywood guys have started embracing it.
They are the abokis of the nija delta and would remain so for a very long time or they should just allow themselves to be assimilated by the larger or more prestigious language groups like igbos or itshekiris

Are u sure u are normal? U seem to have a decimated psyche. Pls go for a brain check. U talk about what u hardly know or understand. Kai.
[/b]
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by airsaylongcon: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Onegai:
Fratermathy, please write Books for schoolchildren in urhobo and Okpe. I promise you I will not only support you with my little financial contribution, I will raise funds for getting them published. Write books and write a dictionary. Get others involved. Have someone organise classes for language and culture studies targeting the young ones. Just keep me in the loop.

There used to be a book called "Y'ono Urhobo" published by Macmillan back in the day. Used to be the Gold standard for learning Urhobo as it taught the generic (Agbarho) Urhobo. Very difficult to find these days. However with children more attuned to TV and smartphones these days, I think something more aligned to these platforms will be more beneficial. For Urhobo and Isoko although Isoko like to distance themselves from Urhobo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
soliddust2020:
Kindly tell me the urhobo towns with igbo ancestry. Isoko have a few town with igbo ancestry but most of them are from benin and urhobo, but urhobos migrated from benin. I can tell you the entire urhobo history. Leave urhobo out of your biafra.

Orogun( Urhobo) and Igbide( Isoko) are examples of Urhobo and Igbide towns with Igbo ancestry.

Nobody is interested in having Urhobo in Biafra, I refuse to see what you lots will bring to the table that Ndiigbo don't already have.

I'm only stating history as they are. Nothing more and nothing less.

6 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by bigfrancis21: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2016
The lack of Niger Delta languages' growth is due to the presence of so many languages in the area, thus Pidgin becomes the unifying lingua franca in the area. Also, parents are making a conscious effort to halt the transmission of the language to the younger generation. When parents make the conscious effort not to transmit a language to the next generation, the knowledge of that language dies with them. I knew it had gotten deeply into Urhobo land when few years ago someone started a thread on 'Urhobo proverbs' and all of it were written in Pidgin English instead of Urhobo. Pidgin English has infiltrated into Igbo-speaking areas in the Niger Delta such as Asaba, Port-Harcourt etc. However, the natives in these areas are still familiar with their native languages as they often speak it among themselves but switch to pidgin or English to communicate with a non-Igbo speaker.

Similar situation has been observed in Edo state as well. With the presence of many languages (I regard them as dialects of each other even though they may be mutually unintelligible) in Edo state, pidgin English has become the lingua franca in the state, much to the detriment of the native languages. Several young binis are not fluent in the language. Many bini households communicate in pidgin English instead of Bini, a writer estimates it to about 40% of all Bini households that speak Pidgin at home. The Ishans, Etsakos etc. who are blood relations with the Bini, when called bini, deny being Bini fervently despite dialectical similarities. Bini and Esan are quite similar to the other and the lack of efforts by the people to come up with a central Bini dialect sort of, just like central Igbo that is not spoken natively by any Igbo clan but is understandable by all, is a major cause of the decline of Edoid languages in Edo state.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by airsaylongcon: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
Onegai:

Same story everywhere. Even for those who grew up in Delta state. It's too bad. I speak the little I know to my 15 month old baby. I'm planning on joining my mother's socio-cultural group to learn my language, in a few years' time.

You are talking those of use that grew in Delta. Some of us grew up in the heart of Ughelli and if not that we have sense small we for nor hear 'nyarhe" or "biko mo tanye'
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 4:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Am isoko n have nothing to do with Igbo. Thank you

I'm an Igbo, and I have nothing to do with Isoko too. grin
Lol, are you feeling important or what? Newsflash! You are not.

However, there are some Igbo speaking people with ancestral relationship with some Isoko towns. Yours might not be one of those parts of Isoko.

Igbide for example is strongly linked with Mgbidi/ Awka. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Igboid:
I often encounter individuals of the two Nigerian largest tribes who believe all Niger Deltans are Igbos. They don't even recognise that most of these tribes have NOTHING to do with Igbo!

The only Niger Delta group that has nothing to do with Ndiigbo is Itsekiri.

It's okay to say that all Niger Deltans are not Igbos, that I agree 100% with. But you start stretching it when you say that MOST of Niger Delta tribes has nothing to do with Ndiigbo.

Infact, the only thing that Unites all Niger Delta tribes culturally, excluding Itsekiri is Shared history with Igbo speaking neighbors.

Urhobo/ Isoko has some towns with Igbo ancestry and still share boundary and cultures with the Igbo speaking Ukwuani even unto today.

Some Esan towns were founded by Igbo speaking people, like wise some Esan people who were absorbed into Igbo speaking Anioma today. As we speak, Ekpon, an Esan town in Edo is losing her Edoid language in favour of an Igboid( Ika) one. And we all know of the Existence of Igbo( Ika) speaking Igbanke people right in Edo state, and the Edo origin stories of many Igbo towns today in Anioma, Anambra, Rivers, and even some Enugu towns.

Ogoni people share a long history with Ndoki Igbo, just as a significant section of Okrika people are said to have originated in Ndoki. Ndoki also has ancestral connection with the Ibani people in Bonny and Opobo as well as with Ibibios.

Ngwa Igbo and Ikwuano Igbos share alot with the Annang people, their interactions was pre colonial as neighbors with Inter marriage and trading as well as diffusion of cultures both ways, like the Ekpo society.

The Aro Igbo people were traversing the entire Ibibio- Efik-Ekoi area,breaking cultural barriers by development of unified cultural ideologies like the Ekpe cult system and the Nsibidi writing system, centuries before the white man created Nigeria and the Urhobo man became aware that there was ever a people called Ibibio- Efik-Ekoi people.
And these people remain neighbors to Aros and to Ehugbo Igbos and Ikwo Igbos even till today.

I can go on and on.

But I'm sure you already get the point.
Niger Delta Is Not Igbo!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by airsaylongcon: 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Are you from Aragba ......and this your statement Stupid wicked maternal kinsmen of mine......na wa oooo

My late mum was from Aragba. Never went there until she died. And I had to go as her eldest son. She grew up there and as a mother never let any of us her kids there. The villagers there are still pursuing me upandan to come and do somethings I have absolutely no plans of doing. Surprisingly my mum let me to her own mother's village Idjere (or Jesse as they want to call it in English). I feel more at home there than even in my dad's village. I am not one that believes that village people are witches and wizards o, but Aragba people showed me that there is that possibility. Still like them as they switch from Urhobo to Ukwani flawlessly

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by TheUmbra: 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
MrAldrick:

If i slap you sense go enter your head. How many times do we the Niger deltans reject you igbos bfore you accept you have been rejected. Kukuma say Niger deltans are Igbos fool. Proudly Ikwerre

And I wonder where you stand in the assembly of great Niger Deltans to postulate for the whole Niger delta, you lost son with no identity.

7 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by musicwriter(m): 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
Please take note.........

Be informed, education was already going on in Africa before our unfortunate contact with white people. Our traditional ways of learning was erased and replaced with western indoctrination which we still have till today..

White people didn't teach us English to get us educated. Their education was an indoctrination which was an after thought.

We had always communicated them in Pidgin and everyone was ok with that. But, as revolt began and call for abolition of slavery was on the rise in the 1800's, they figured out they needed to install puppet governments across Africa that they would continue to control in absencia when they leave.

Therefore, they literally started forcing sons of African kings to go to school to be taught in English in a particular way, where they'll be brainwashed to always obey the master, even when the master is absent. All these brainwashed sons of African kings were schooled in England and France, and they later became the first African elites who encouraged missionary schools and indeed helped usher in western education to our detriment.

Unfortunately, these first set of brainwashed Africans who erroneously thought they were educated, worked together with missionaries to install English and French in African schools, thereby ended up doing the worst damage to our languages and culture. If they were indeed educated, they would have made sure knowledge acquisition happen in our various native languages across Africa.

African elites still send their sons and daughters to school in London and Paris till today,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by DLioness(f): 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
LorDBolton:

see your mouth

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
martineinstein:
my guy,stop trying to associate ibos with south south....so,u mean all s/south tribes are ibos except itsekiri??...ui are overly delusional.
The illushi/ozigono of esan south west/ esan tribe are typical esans dat trades with ibos and igalas.this is because they share boundaries with anambra and kogi....as a result,most of dem speak ibo,igala and esan....stop claiming edo state...even delta ibos and edo ibos dont like being calledd ibos

God forbid that all SS people be Igbos, it takes a lot to be Igbo and most of them don't have what it takes to be one.
We know the Igbos of SS, and Esan is not one of them.

However, there is no link between an Esan man with an Efik Man, other than the fact that both have Igbo speaking neighbors, Igbanke/ Ika for the Esan man, and Abia state Igbo tribes for the Efik man.

As for your last sentence, I will leave you to your delusions.

8 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

Niger Delta Is Not Igbo!

Niger Delta is not a name of an ethnic group. It's not even an African language. So obviously it can't be Igbo or any other African ethnic group for that matter.

Geez, where are these people crawling out from?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
LKO:

We are on same page my brother. I questioned that position also. Go to Ekpan, u would get more than a thousand speakers of the Uvwie dialect. Go to Mereje, u would get more than a thousand speakers of the Okpe dialect.

All in all, we should strive to speak our language, it's our identity.

Ekpan case is quite different, We av more strangers than indigene in Ekpan. The only part that speaks Uvwie re those from afieki/ Udumowori axis.

but we have more than 5thousand uvwie speaker.. My fear is what will happen to our language in the near future
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
If you don't want your language to go extinct
1.Name your children in your native dialect
2. Make it the language of communication at home
3. Make sure songs, books and other new materials are made in the language
Rita mae brown once said that

"Language is a road map it tells where a people are coming from and where they are heading to"
Omiebam iye minaapu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

Niger Delta Is Not Igbo!
is Niger Delta a tribe-----NO
is Niger Delta a state-----No
is Niger Delta a geopolitical zone---No

be proud of your tribe or if u have lost touch with your tribe just like op u can mention your state...

last time i checked Ondo a yoruba state is in Niger delta
Imo and Abia; both igbo states are in Niger Delta too

it sucks for one to lose his/her identity

4 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
MrAldrick:

If i slap you sense go enter your head. How many times do we the Niger deltans reject you igbos bfore you accept you have been rejected. Kukuma say Niger deltans are Igbos fool. Proudly Ikwerre

Go home and slap yourself. Mr Ikwerreboy. Why exactly did you decide to school in Anambra state, if you so much hate Igbos like this? Huh!

Your hate will consume you. But Ndiigbo will match on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
Igboid:

Niger Delta is not a name of an ethnic group. It's not even an African language. So obviously it can't be Igbo or any other African ethnic group for that matter.

I call South South Niger Delta.
Abeg Igbos we are not you people, be contented with your land.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
Igboid:

u de mind those guys..some times they seems to be intelligent by half and have amnesia to recall that Ondo a yoruba state and Abia + imo are part of Niger delta

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by nowpresence(f): 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
ogorwyne:

Fratermathy let's talk about the Orogun people. I just want to know, a friend from that town claims they are not Urhobos neither are they Ukwuani. They speak my language Ukwuani, and whenever I say they speak Ukwuani she says the language is Orogun. Meaning the people of Orogun speak 'Orogun'. U seem to know a lot, what tribal group do the Orogun people fall under?

I am a daughter of orogun kingdom. Both parents are Orogun. I have being to orogun several times and the language spoken is urhobo, close to ughelli dialect.
That your friend's village must be close to Ukwani hence the language.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

is Niger Delta a tribe-----NO
is Niger Delta a state-----No
is Niger Delta a geopolitical zone---No

be proud of your tribe or if u have lost touch with your tribe just like op u can mention your state...

last time i checked Ondo a yoruba state is in Niger delta
Imo and Abia; both igbo states are in Niger Delta too

it sucks for one to lose his/her identity
see I term south south Niger Delta. I am from Rivers state, and the six ss states are not igbos. Period!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
CeoMYN:
I call South South Niger Delta. Abeg Igbos we are not you people, be contented with your land.
mention your tribe first or have u lost your identity?? smh

5 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
bigfrancis21:

You see learning a language is not difficult, it is all about making efforts to speak it. I was not raised with Igbo as a child though my mom switched from English to Igbo when she saw we had picked up English, I didn't really make efforts to start speaking until my university days. Now I speak it fluently like I was raised with it. This was possible because I went out of my way to speak it. I not only speak it but read and write it fluently. Had a B2 in Igbo in my GCE exam in SS2 even though I wasn't speaking then but my reading and writing were excellent. You can only wish to speak a language but if you do not make attempts at speaking it you will not learn to speak it.

The beginning may be somewhat hard, but just continue. 2 to 3 years from now your speaking skills will improve. Remember, kids who speak Urhobo or English did not just learn it in 1 year. They spoke it continuously for several years from age 2 to age 5/6 (at least 3 years) with corrections by parents here and there until they mastered it. It is the same way for adult learners too.

Just make the effort to start speaking. Also watch Urhobo movies too. It helps. Remember the key is to speak, speak and keep speaking.

Watch Urhobo movie ?.. lolx.. hardly come across that.. I envy those from east / west u guys are trying.. Most of my itsekiri frnds re still experiencing same issue with us.. But i find d itsekiri more easy than mine.

will try what you suggested .. thanks bro
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

I call South South Niger Delta.
Abeg Igbos we are not you people, be contented with your land.

Who are the "We"?

Does this your we contain Egbema, Oyigbo. Oshimili/ Aniocha?

You are a disgrace. A clown at best.

Better be proud of your ethnic group and learn to speak for them.

Yes! We have Igbos in SS and you cannot speak for them. You can only speak for your insignificant ethnic group that you are so much ashamed of that you would hide behind hazy terms like "Niger Delta" "SS" etc to project your baseless and jaundiced opinions.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by BarryX(m): 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
247Dior:
I hate dumb peeps.. he commented with historical facts and evident, y not prove him wrong with your own facts and not allow your hatred for igbos to control u.. at the end saying trash
Please tell us the facts in his statements. While at it, make sure the definition of the word "fact" Is in lieu with the universal accepted standard
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

see I term south south Niger Delta. I am from Rivers state, and the six ss states are not igbos. Period!
ignorance is truly a disease....and do u think that cross-river a south south state is part of Niger-delta??

[b] Delta State is ethnically diverse with peoples and seven major languages and
dialects are spoken in the state. The state is divided into two regions on
account of state creation movements (between 1976 and 1996) which was a
feature of the military governance of Nigeria. This culminated to the increment
of states in Nigeria from 12 states to the present 36 states.
The first group are Anioma (Igboid group) which consists of Aniocha/Oshimili,
Ndokwa/Ukwuani ethnic nationality, and Ika. These areas occupy the Delta
North senatorial district of the state.
The second group comprises Urhobo/Isoko (Edoid group), Itsekiri (Yoruboid
group), and Ezon ethnic groups. These ethnic groups occupy the Central and
South Senatorial districts of the state. The Urhobo and Isoko speak very
similar dialects unlike the Ezon and Itsekiri people but have a loosely related
culture as they traded and intermarried for centuries before colonization. The
Itsekiri are linguistically and culturally related to the Yoruba and Edo ethnic
groups of Western Nigeria, while the Ezon are a branch of their kith and kin in
neighbouring Bayelsa state. Most inhabitants of the state practice Christianity
and very few traditional faiths—although the Ukwuanis also have many
cultural affiliation with these groups most especially in their cosmic outlook.
[/b]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_State
read and cure yourself of ignorance....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? / Supreme Court Dethrones Obong Of Calabar, Orders New Selection / Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.