Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. (27881 Views)

Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]

89 Likes 19 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by eyeview: 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]

Young man,that list you are talking about is the merit list. And merit list comes purely from the best jamb scores of these applying for each course.
Compete with them on jamb scores, if you beat them,nobody will deny you the admission.
....and you know igbos will always excel when things are done on merit system. But am sure other supplementary lists can accommodate other 'interests'

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by saintkash(m): 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
well said my friend but am sorry to let u know that the hausas are not guilty on this.... A northern federal university admits all tribes but more of the northerners based on quota system. ... but menh this igbos own na die ooo

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
eyeview:

Young man,that list you are talking about is the merit list. And merit list comes purely from the best jamb scores of these applying for each course.
Compete with them on jamb scores, if you beat them,nobody will deny you the admission.
....and you know igbos will always excel when things are done on merit system. But am sure other supplementary lists can accommodate other 'interests'

cool Nonsense - over 99%, you must be smoking Mexican weed. When the Hausas do it - your people will be the first to cry foul. cool

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by dgitrader(m): 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
better wait for the 3rd and fourth list where merit isnt enforced, then come back here and wail

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by eyeview: 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool Nonsense - over 99%, you must be smoking Mexican weed. When the Hausas do it - your people will be the first to cry foul. cool
Children will always resort to insult when they are presented with facts.
I will not reduce to your level,son.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
saintkash:
well said my friend but am sorry to let u know that the hausas are not guilty on this.... A northern federal university admits all tribes but more of the northerners based on quota system. ... but menh this igbos own na die ooo

cool O boi no be here o! The tribalism is beyond EPIC! cool

10 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
eyeview:

Children will always resort to insult when they are presented with facts.
I will not reduce to your level,son.

cool Oya no vex provide the facts to support this travesty - I am waiting. cool

10 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by maryjan8(f): 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
99%, How true is it?

2 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by sarrki(m): 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
saintkash:
They envy yoruba

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
Alcatraz003:
You have spoken well my brother. i have shouted my self hoarse about the inherent hate the igbos have for yorubas and i am tired. I cant deal. All the same, i know that there will be an awakening in the future.

Igbos are already our slaves, we just need to tighten the noose around their necks.

Oodua a gbe wa oooo.

cool Amin jare. Awon omo Igbo ye omo idanra ni won sha - the most tribalistic people I have ever come across in my entire life! cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
maryjan8:
99%, How true is it?

cool Go check for yourself now - your eye go clear well well cool

2 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by dreamworld: 9:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
Go back to oshogbo and check the names of their own list, lagos is not a Yoruba state
Lagos belong to binis, stop claiming whats not yours

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by sekundosekundo: 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
sarrki:
They envy yoruba

I thought Yorubas said they don't travel, what are they looking for in an erosion ravaged region.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Alcatraz003: 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
Why will any yoruba student attend school in Biafra sef? When i was in enugu for my one year compulsory professional vocational course, we yorubas faced hell but we stuck together with the hausas and survived to the glory of God.

The fact is that the igbos are still butt-hurt about the Civil War loss and pray for calamity to yoruba land everyday while working assiduously to actually their hateful fantasies.

The igbos know they cant match the hausas in ferocious violence so they have now turned their attention to we yorubas who they feel they can subdue in their misplaced assumptions. This is why i warn fellow yorubas to be careful of the enemy who stays in your land and enjoys the hospitality but plots everyday to harm you.

God will grant them biafra so we can separate in peace.

This is no hate speech but a clarion call for vigilance by every omoluabi.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by eyeview: 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool Oya no vex provide the facts to support this travesty - I am waiting. cool
I graduated from that university about 15years ago and I can tell you that authoritatively that every new academic session we used to see the supplementary cut offs for quota system(this comes after the merit list) and in this you see cut off marks for each state pasted in each department.
While you saw states like IMO,anambra,abia and Enugu gets cut off at 245(a few western States like sad Oyo and ogun too at this level),most northern States will have cut off like 130 for the same course. Yet,only very few of them will make it!
Note that this is for the various supplementary lists. The merit list is purely from jamb scores. And that one is pure and unadulterated and that's what you saw.

I normally don't respond to anyone who digresses to insults but made an exception on your case for the sake of many uninformed and over zealous kids who would degenerate this into tribal bigotry without having an iota of idea on how admission processes are structured

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by EternalTruths: 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

How many of your people are willing to school in the East after calling the great Igbos unprintable names. angry

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by divinehand2003(m): 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tribalism, nepotism, ethnic racism, spiritual disenfranchisement, social isolation plus quarantine etc are included in that list.

Maybe the left over 1% is for tithing to God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by morbeta(m): 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
The biggest fear of the west nd north is igbo dominance. How can the people of igbo land given only 20 naira after the war now control abuja nd lagos nd dominated education for 13yrs running now both secondary nd university. They dominate in USA ND LONDON. 5 MAYOR'S IN USA.2 STAFF IN WHITE HOUSE. 4 ENGINEERS IN AEROSPACE CENTER. DEPUTY LEADER LABOUR PARTY UK 2 MAYOR'S UK.68 professor's in usa 48 in UK 148 medical doctors usa 112 uk. This is all on merit.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by sarrki(m): 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
Alcatraz003:
Why will any yoruba student attend school in Biafra sef? When i was in enugu for my one year compulsory professional vocational course, we yorubas faced hell but we stuck together with the hausas and survived to the glory of God.

The fact is that the igbos are still butt-hurt about the Civil War loss and pray for calamity to yoruba land everyday while working assiduously to actually their hateful fantasies.

The igbos know they cant match the hausas in ferocious violence so they have now turned their attention to we yorubas who they feel they can subdue in their misplaced assumptions. This is why i warn fellow yorubas to be careful of the enemy who stays in your land and enjoys the hospitality but plots everyday to harm you.

God will grant them biafra so we can separate in peace.

This is no hate speech but a clarion call for vigilance by every omoluabi.
ojukwu caused there misfortune not yorubas

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
EternalTruths:

How many of your people are willing to school in the East after calling the great Igbos unprintable names. angry

cool Please help me count them - I am waiting. Nna commenting is not for everybody, biko. Buy sense. cool

5 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Alcatraz003: 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:

Go back to oshogbo and check the names of their own list, lagos is not a Yoruba state
Lagos belong to binis

Ok, Lagos is an igbo state. You can now go and contest for governor and Occupy Ikeja House.

We wont argue ownership of Lagos with you again as you are obviously being mischievous.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by LoveDecay(m): 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
EternalTruths:

The east is dangerous and na them do runs/sorting pass. I dont think, there are universities in Nigeria like eastern one. Especially, IMSU, ESUT and ABSU (call them osu 3). Them students dont even know, states in this country and many cant spell, speak or write properly.

I almost fainted as Isselu-Ukwu NYSC camp, when one ultra fine babe' could not fill a form ... omo east na die oooh

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by reptile1: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Show us the list or forever be a fucktaard niggur

5 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by einst3in: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
I tire for ibo matter oh. If such were to be done by hausa or yoruba, they will be the first to shout blue murder. Just take a look at the academic staff in that University, the personnel in their federal reaching hospitals and many more. Other states are appointing ibos as commissioners, SA, chief of staff but you will never hear such from the south east. To make matters worse, their is intra ibo tribalism. We have delta ibo, cross river ibo and so on.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by freshvine(f): 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Tribalism started with Awolowo when Zik of Africa won election in Lagos but was denied to represent yoruba people.

Till date the yoruba man is deep in hatred and insecurity.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by basilo101: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Lol, Paralympic medal list was also 99% igbos. Merit is the keyword. Remeber there was no post UME exam so the list is directly from JAMB presided by a yoruba man. North will benefit from quota system in the second list, yorubas will lose out due to their lack of adventure because igbos will still grab enof from merit list in the west and the north will get in through quota

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Alawe(m): 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
Go and play for shiit. Is it not where one applied that he would be given admission, if fulfilled the requirements. So IGBOS should go and pack bus in ibadan, abiokuta or oshogbo and ask yorubas to come and study in the east? How many yorubas or hausas in the east are into schooling or seeking for admission to study there rather than the businesses that took then to the place unlike the Igbos in the west and north. Do u know what is catchment ... Or let me not talk to u, you said u are in america, just face ur america there.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Omenika: 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Eastfield1: 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool Amin jare. Awon omo Igbo ye omo idanra ni won sha - the most tribalistic people I have ever come across in my entire life! cool

How many of Your Yoruba people are willing to school in Red mud Erosion Ridden localities or Erosion Ravaged Land?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Paperwhite(m): 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
eyeview:

You they mind the yeye guy? .I was admitted based on the same merit to read Medicine some years ago which God helped me to successfully complete though I'm from an educationally disadvantaged region.I must say I thank the East for this privilege.Op is talking as if ABU,Usman Danfodio etc.will not do same.The worry of the afonjas or abokis is that how can a whole Univ.of Nigeria be located in the East? Their hatred & pride will not allow them to come down there to school.Ndi igbo kwenu.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Apps Every Student Must Have On Their Smartphones / How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc / Female NSCDC RRS Deployed To Adamawa Schools To Tackle Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.