Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,083 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. (27880 Views)

Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Henz24(m): 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
sexy74:

my brother unilag ehh hmm story for another day .
my own was during the time of Prof Jelili Omotola as VC, I never see tribalist like that.
am telling and we never came out to wail or complain like this dodgy op
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by johnsonjosbles(m): 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
eyeview:

Young man,that list you are talking about is the merit list. And merit list comes purely from the best jamb scores of these applying for each course.
Compete with them on jamb scores, if you beat them,nobody will deny you the admission.
....and you know igbos will always excel when things are done on merit system. But am sure other supplementary lists can accommodate other 'interests'
igbos are nigerians problems,they wil always defend themselfs in crime, thats why dey can never suceed in anything
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by eyeview: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
igbos are nigerians problems,they wil always defend themselfs in crime, thats why dey can never suceed in anything
Nigeria is in a mess. A particular tribe has been in power for most of the nation's independent life and has jettisoned merit for nepotism which has brought us as a nation to this mess today and yet you turn around and say that that particular tribe that was last in power in 1966 is your problem? You are a coward who is afraid to face the real problem.
Your comment is filled with childish anger and bitterness over a people who are steadily but surely ascending over you and your likes.
The sad thing is that there is really nothing you can do about it cos who the Lord has blessed is blessed indeed. They have succeed in everything they have ventured into. They are a hard working people who don't believe that someone should work and dash them 'oouda',neither are they beggers.
Sports,academics, business,science etc. And with their recent unified interest in politics,they will soon excel there too.
Young man,I would advise that you strive to make a success out of your life than holding bitterness against a people who don't even know you exist.

4 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by sammy6(m): 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
Uniben4sure:
"Thier" for "their".You can't even spell correctly, and you are supposed to be "full-baked" smh.
Igbo boy please focus on the issue @ hand. I don't mean any harm but how can there be a region in Nigeria so unattractive and un-accomodating to other tribes and yet they have all it takes to rule Nigeria and make Nigeria great. Not good for you guys man.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool That does not explain the extremely one-sided provisional list. There is no statistic reality where this is remotely possible. It rather smells of some serious tribalistic decision making. cool

You are very paranoid and full of mischief. The list was not compiled by Igbokwe rather from UME or JAMB.

I don't have the statistics but I can bet you that more than 85 percent of Igbo uni applicants would choose UNN just as most Yorubas would apply to UNILAG, Ife or Ibadan. Northerners would choose ABU or Ado Bayero over UNN.

UNN admits the best from the east. You can't force a northerner residing in sokoto or an Ade from oshogbo to choose UNN over the uni at his backyard.

Igbos in ABU or any of the northern states would probably have families residing, working or doing businesses there same as those living in Lagos or Ibadan.

If you really spent your time perusing and counting the no of non Igbos in a 15000 list of applicants, you should have your head examined and possibly 'delivered' and exorcised of the spirit of tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 20, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Go to UI, OAU and see many Igbo students, same cannot be said of SE universities.

There are lots of Igbo families in those places and their children are doing well in the secondary schools. How many of you are living in nsukka, Enugu, onitsha etc.

Do you expect barrack Hausa or Yoruba kids living near mami markets schooling at army day sec schools to compete and out perform Igbo kids schooling in better schools?

You expect Yoruba and Hausa kids causing trouble at gariki or Abakpa Enugu to out class their Igbo colleagues who attend extra lessons after schools?

Isi gbarikwa gi there.

4 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by iykomo0(m): 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]

shut up... this is the fourth time I am applying for ibbu lapai...and the fools refused to give me admission bcus am not a muslim or Ab0ki
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by oilykid(m): 12:34am On Sep 21, 2016
iykomo0:

shut up... this is the fourth time I am applying for ibbu lapai...and the fools refused to give me admission bcus am not a muslim or Ab0ki
lmoa grin grin grin and stil kip applying for it uptill now.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by daveP(m): 12:44am On Sep 21, 2016
eyeview:

Young man,that list you are talking about is the merit list. And merit list comes purely from the best jamb scores of these applying for each course.
Compete with them on jamb scores, if you beat them,nobody will deny you the admission.
....and you know igbos will always excel when things are done on merit system. But am sure other supplementary lists can accommodate other 'interests'
Bros we all know that merit list that has been sung for years is a big facade and a cover up to what it really is.

we all know that 70% of those that truly merit admission into higher institutions are not given that admission letter.

Not to talk of the fact that we just don't know why it's been like that, and no one seems to bother finding out.

It's a federal University for God's sake. And at that I'm also speaking at all Fed Univs doing this stuff.

I know a Fed Univ that did this 90% stuff for indigenes and when they were going thru semesters, most of them absentmindedly dropped the info that a senior staff or lecturer made their admission possible during a conversation or two. My bro witnessed this. The Vc was changed and the story also changed as well. Peeps from the Vc's area started getting more slots. see no need to defend such a system. we know it's why Jamb is doing what they are doing, however late and insensitive of them all these while( one univ sends that the reason they pick some low marks over high marks was because of documentation issues. laughable) lemme stop here.

This is for all Universities which we know operate this "MTN " method
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Seungid1(f): 3:22am On Sep 21, 2016
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by adoyi81: 3:50am On Sep 21, 2016
OP, I hope you are satisfied.
Participants, pls show us ur awards.
Smh
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Tallesty1(m): 7:02am On Sep 21, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
It's only Nigerians that fight with everything in them to remain one with their problem.

Your reasoning is so low.

3 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:02am On Sep 21, 2016
Tallesty1:
It's only Nigerians that fight with everything in them to remain one with their problem.

Your reasoning is so low.
ur Reasoning Is Zero.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2016
dreamworld:

Get out, u are a man, and u are from oshogbo,
Lagos is not a Yoruba state
Here are the yoruba state
1 Ogun State,
2 Ondo State,
3 Oyo State,
4Osun State,
5 Ekiti State,
99 percent of land in lagos is owned by people from all pary of nigeria

If i may ask.... . Since u said lagos is not a yoruba, den which tribe will u catergorise lagos?
Since lagos is in the west its outomatically a yoruba start... Same applies to ajuba too, go n argue with d hausas n tell dem abuja z not an hausa state,
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by alimain10: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2016
Alawe:
Go and play for shiit. Is it not where one applied that he would be given admission, if fulfilled the requirements. So IGBOS should go and pack bus in ibadan, abiokuta or oshogbo and ask yorubas to come and study in the east? How many yorubas or hausas in the east are into schooling or seeking for admission to study there rather than the businesses that took then to the place unlike the Igbos in the west and north. Do u know what is catchment ... Or let me not talk to u, you said u are in america, just face ur america there.
Well said. The poster is So dumb to understand that even the so-called western Universities need igbos money from igbo students to survive as the igbos are always ready to pay any price for education. Unlike the yorubas who still want education free as it was in the Awo days. Left for quota system, igbos will dominate all the federal universities in Nigeria. This is fact.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by alimain10: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]
Dear poster , u are So dumb to understand that even the so-called western Universities need igbos money from igbo students to survive as the igbos are always ready to pay any price for education. Unlike the yorubas who still want education free as it was in the Awo days. Left for quota system, igbos will dominate all the federal universities in Nigeria. This is fact.

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by FunkyMetahuman: 9:13am On Sep 21, 2016
[s]]
alimain10:

Dear poster , u are So dumb to understand that even the so-called western Universities need igbos money from igbo students to survive as the igbos are always ready to pay any price for education. Unlike the yorubas who still want education free as it was in the Awo days. Left for quota system, igbos will dominate all the federal universities in Nigeria. This is fact.
[/s]mor0nic post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by ificatchmodeh: 9:19am On Sep 21, 2016
mikool007:
i hate when pple talk without facts, who told you Lagos is not a yoruba state, did u learn history at all, pls go and read history books before you come here and conjure smthng else for us here

Which history book..
Was lagos ever mentionin yourba history pre 1900bc
Have there been any know yourba king in lagos..pre 1900bc
You guys always claim lagos..because binis are ok with their kingdom and not expansionist
Everyone knows the history of lagos..yorubas are only scared of being minority in the city.
As for the present government and status of lagos..thanks for yourba Benin slaves and the creoles ..aworis,and Awolowo..
But bet you in know time..lagos will be a know man's land..because with development and all..it will be very very difficult for Yourba's to claim lagos.
The best the government will do is to designate it as a federal state.
Better wake. Up with your history
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Bifrost: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2016
Clearly the OP is an incorrigible LIAR! And a clueless TRIBALIST!

First off, I'm final year student of the institution UNN.

The list which you claim is 99% indigenous is a clueless and hatefully concocted exaggerated lie.

Just so you know. Indigens of the resident state of the University (which is Enugu) over the years have the highest cutoff mark along side states like Imo, Anambra and sometimes Abia. While regions regarded as the ELDs are often have much lower cutoff marks. That said.

Have you gone through the demographics of those who applied and chose UNN?

Not just choosing UNN, but also scoring 200 and above, which is the cutoff mark stated by the University.

Do you expect the University to grant admission to candidates who didn't put the University as a choice institution?

Answer: NO

Let me sound it to the OP, and any other clueless individual that would come here to rant. The UNN merit list, is the most genuine merit admission list all over the country. It is STRICTLY based on merit. Subsequent admission list may resort to quota (for low scoring individuals from ELDs) to diversify the student community.

The bitter truth (not even bitter to me though) is that, people of the Yoruba and Hausa ethnic groups do not like to travel farther than their geopolitical zones to study like the Igbos do. Of course you all know that you must find Igbo students in every University of every geopolitical zones in the country.

To all the tribalistic wailers. Lemme tell you something;

UNN admits visually impaired students, and these students live in hostel, many of them not even Igbos. Mostly Yorubas. And guess who assist them in recording notes and taking them to lectures and stuffs?

Igbos! (The same people you tag Intolerant)

Come to UNN post graduate school and see the numerous number of post graduate students from the north. Don't just come to NL to instigate tribal social media war.

To the clueless Op.
America co, America ni...

(unedited post)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by ificatchmodeh: 9:24am On Sep 21, 2016
Drchristian:

igbos always many everywhere while in their domain they maintain 100% of their population.

That's the igbo spirt..
They dominate..the rule their world... cool

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by ificatchmodeh: 9:33am On Sep 21, 2016
Fidelismaria:
I went tru d list and I was perplexed

they all contain names I couldn't spell

a national university admitting only from d tribe its situated is sumtin else

hope unilag,oau,ui follow in dere footsteps

do me I do u man no go vex

Forget story..i graduate from ife..and know what is means to be non yourba..
Where you lectures keep reminding you of your status..
You miss a test and come with a report to lectures office..he will boldly tell you he won't assist you because your not yourba..
That if you leave the school..you will forget him..while the Yourba's are within..imagine.
Even Yourba's know..they are tribalist..and if you want to witness it..visit oau..
where you're called stranger in nigeria...if you're not a yourba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by ificatchmodeh: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Go to UI, OAU and see many Igbo students, same cannot be said of SE universities.

90/ of non Yourba's you see there are on merit list..strictly monitored by non yourba lectures..4
Yes..they have association that checkmate yourba tribal excess.
I rep oau..so I know what's going on there
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by ificatchmodeh: 9:46am On Sep 21, 2016
sammy6:

Igbo boy please focus on the issue @ hand. I don't mean any harm but how can there be a region in Nigeria so unattractive and un-accomodating to other tribes and yet they have all it takes to rule Nigeria and make Nigeria great. Not good for you guys man.

Lol..the region strives in hardwork..and gat no time for lazy folks..if you're there for early morning beer...you will be disappointed. cos there's no time..down there..
So wen some lazy tribe come and can't fit in..they envy,go back to their place and term it.."non accommodating"
Is that fair?

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by buffalowings: 10:08am On Sep 21, 2016
LoveDecay:

The east is dangerous and na them do runs/sorting pass. I dont think, there are universities in Nigeria like eastern one. Especially, IMSU, ESUT and ABSU (call them osu 3). Them students dont even know, states in this country and many cant spell, speak or write properly.

I almost fainted as Isselu-Ukwu NYSC camp, when one ultra fine babe' could not fill a form ... omo east na die oooh

I had an experience like that too.
This igbo girl na fine die.
Omo come and see English when she had to do a presentation

Everything na just packaging and you would never know.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Afriifa(m): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool Nonsense - over 99%, you must be smoking Mexican weed. When the Hausas do it - your people will be the first to cry foul. cool
that is Why Biafra is in dreams till today and never in reality. Becux dis igbos always thinks they are smarter. Wiser. More intelligent n we d Niger Deltan Tribes are Fool of dull people. I laugh dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Afriifa(m): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
ever wondered why Biafra is still in dreams n never in reality? It is all because of their stupid attitude towards others.

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Yobo34(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2016
Witout being partial nd stuffs.. I'm from the south and I've been in Kogi for a long while, I have friends who are schooling in the far north.. I don't know about the east or west but this northerners hardly admit other tribes unless you have an islamic name nd dats bad!

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2016
seun,lalasticlala aw u guys av not taking down this thread of hate is annoying very annoying ,you guys should no better ,,,,,,and the op the yorubas do not travel to the east like the igbos travel to the west so there is nothing wrong with the list infact have you checked olabisi onabanjo university list and see aw many yoruba's where taking as compared to the igbos
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by classicphil: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2016
alimain10:

Well said. The poster is So dumb to understand that even the so-called western Universities need igbos money from igbo students to survive as the igbos are always ready to pay any price for education. Unlike the yorubas who still want education free as it was in the Awo days. Left for quota system, igbos will dominate all the federal universities in Nigeria. This is fact.
Na everybody dey always need Igbo this Igbo that. Rubbish. Igbos chose Yoruba universities at their own volition not as if management of those schools begged them to come.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by DateMynd44(m): 11:32am On Sep 21, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
[s] [b] So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b] [/s]
ode sharap stop taking thrash.
UNILAG's point grading only favoured Ekiti, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ogun and Lagos.
Unilag had the worst admission policy this year.
Make Thunder fire any useless Ediot were go criticize that UNN admission list.
Oponu jatijati

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by classicphil: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
]mor0nic post
Super-moronic post at that.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by DateMynd44(m): 11:38am On Sep 21, 2016
Alcatraz003:
[s] You have spoken well my brother. i have shouted my self hoarse about the inherent hate the igbos have for yorubas and i am tired. I cant deal. All the same, i know that there will be an awakening in the future.

Igbos are already our slaves, we just need to tighten the noose around their necks.

Oodua a gbe wa oooo. [/s]
iranu abash, oponu omo jatijati.
Stop talking thrash.. Go find admission for una brown roof university. Why una wan come school for igbo land if they are your slaves.
Ode stop contradicting yourself.
Now i'm beginning to see why these guys (IhateYorubafool, GossipHeart and EFIZY20) hate the yo'robbers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Professor Ransford Gyampo To Sue BBC Over 'Sex For Grades' Scandal / 10 Apps Every Student Must Have On Their Smartphones / How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.