Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. (27925 Views)

Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
Henz24:
dude unn released cut off, u should make your research before u start ranting. The fact still remains that the list was sent to jamb and they confirmed its authenticity before it was made public, whether u believe it or not is ur business.

Unn didnt release any officially department cutoff mark this year, share me d link from their website where u saw the cutoff mark to convince me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Henz24(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
9rad:

Unn didnt release any officially department cutoff mark this year, share me d link from their website where u saw the cutoff mark to convince me
smh, you don't know jack about unn cos if u did, u will know that they take off the cutoff marks from their website two weeks after releasing it. See dude, am not trying to convince u, think whatever you want. the truth is that whether u like it or not, the merit list was checked and confirmed by JAMB. Is the JAMB registrar an igbo person? The way you guys attach everything to tribalism is very unfortunate....
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
dreamworld:

I said lagos belongs to binis, stop calling ibos
u her a fool bro and is not an insult. are u d one to tell Bini that Lagos belongs to them and wait if it belongs to them y do u wanna die or those it belong to u. idiotic animal Lagos is owned by the yorubas most especially some Yoruba dialect like awori, ijebu e.t.c u just don't wanna understand or ur brain is too small to assimilate it . or can u even explain how Lagos belongs to the binis. if Lagos belongs to Bini that means Angola belongs to Portugal, Ghana belongs to British and Igbo land belongs to Fulani because a Fulani man was the first premiere( I have forgotten what he was) of south east , Nigeria belong to England

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by sharliz(f): 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
dreamworld:

Go back to oshogbo and check the names of their own list, lagos is not a Yoruba state
Lagos belong to binis, stop claiming whats not yours
haaa Lagos for binis? Dnt say this outside biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by proeast(m): 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Alcatraz003:
You have spoken well my brother. i have shouted my self hoarse about the inherent hate the igbos have for yorubas and i am tired. I cant deal. All the same, i know that there will be an awakening in the future.

Igbos are already our slaves, we just need to tighten the noose around their necks.

Oodua a gbe wa oooo.
Just look at the kind of hate out of this people yet they want us to be in the same country with them. What kind of sorcery and witchcraft is this? Right from the 1930's till date, Igbos have been dominating that is done on merit in this godforsaken country. when the British left, two of the premier universities in the west had Igbo vice chancelors. Most federal ministries and agencies were dominated by Igbos & even top military officers. Did the British do tribalism to favour Igbos? They had to force qouta system and federal character to tame us. Awolowo had to sell government properties to his people with that they destroyed Nigeria.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by carditech: 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
Our next Web and Mobile Apps development training classes begins October 3rd, in Lagos Nigeria.
Our courses are also Open to Young People Living With Disabilities that do not affect their ability to hear, use the Keyboard and view the computer screen.

online training option is available for interested candidates with busy schedules or location challenges.

If you are full of dreams to improve the society through technology, You are welcome to the world of a highly rewarding profession.

www.itskillscentre.com.ng

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by iykomo0(m): 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
oilykid:
lmoa grin grin grin and stil kip applying for it uptill now.
my old man and his mentality... he says I must school close bye to monitor his biz
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Kanyekels(m): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2016
9rad:

I really pity gullible youths like you. Jamb released the modalities for admission and scrapped post utme so to a large extent, cut of marks from post utme are eliminated and now jamb score and waec performance comes into play. Have you bothered going to the school to inquire about the various modalities set out by each department. I believe you didn't but you are here spewing trash filled with ethnic bigotry. Youths like you should not have access to social media because it causes more harm than good for peeps like you. Don't believe everything you see on the Internet because they are not always true.
When are did my prescience at UNIZIK back in the 2000's,we were like 4000 that applied and not even a single of us was a Yoruba. After the program around 300 of us crossed the required cut of mark of 200 and their was no single Yoruba again and youths like you will now come and blame the school authorities for not getting admitted through prescience when clearly, no Yoruba applied.
I've taken this precious time out of my busy schedule to give you an insight about how things work so you will stop being less an ethnic jingoist and face your books so it will be better for you.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by bolaji3071(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
Kanyekels:

I really pity gullible youths like you. Jamb released the modalities for admission and scrapped post utme so to a large extent, cut of marks from post utme are eliminated and now jamb score and waec performance comes into play. Have you bothered going to the school to inquire about the various modalities set out by each department. I believe you didn't but you are here spewing trash filled with ethnic bigotry. Youths like you should not have access to social media because it causes more harm than good for peeps like you. Don't believe everything you see on the Internet because they are not always true.
When are did my prescience at UNIZIK back in the 2000's,we were like 4000 that applied and not even a single of us was a Yoruba. After the program around 300 of us crossed the required cut of mark of 200 and their was no single Yoruba again and youths like you will now come and blame the school authorities for not getting admitted through prescience when clearly, no Yoruba applied.
I've taken this precious time out of my busy schedule to give you an insight about how things work so you will stop being less an ethnic jingoist and face your books so it will be better for you.

The modalities used by Universities this year does not stop them from releasing cut off marks. Unilag, Lasu and co didn't also conduct post utme exam this year but they release their respective cut off marks and also made it official. Try and get your fact right sir.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
DateMynd44:
you said it all. You judge as if they knew the actual statistics of the yorubas that applied for UNN and i wonder why the Yorubas will leave their sound and reputable universities to travel down and school at the east.

As if western university products are any better than eastern ones?
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by femmieday1(m): 7:54am On Sep 24, 2016
I need a contact of an undergraduate student of University of Ife Asap if u have any one studying presently there u can email me laglaw01@gmail.com
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by antispexish(m): 10:36am On Sep 24, 2016
morbeta:
The biggest fear of the west nd north is igbo dominance. How can the people of igbo land given only 20 naira after the war now control abuja nd lagos nd dominated education for 13yrs running now both secondary nd university. They dominate in USA ND LONDON. 5 MAYOR'S IN USA.2 STAFF IN WHITE HOUSE. 4 ENGINEERS IN AEROSPACE CENTER. DEPUTY LEADER LABOUR PARTY UK 2 MAYOR'S UK.68 professor's in usa 48 in UK 148 medical doctors usa 112 uk. This is all on merit.

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Doyin400l(m): 1:35am On Sep 28, 2016
I just graduated from University of Nigeria , Nsukka a.k.a UNN. Am a full - bloded Yoruba boy. I spent 4 years in the Enugu state and I can tell you that IGBO's are damn tribalistic, full of hatred even from my classmate . To make it worst if you bear a Muslim name like myself.

Thank God an outta that shitty Region.

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by EmperorBasil(m): 8:30pm On May 30, 2017
Too bad what you all are posting out here, and the funniest part is that most of you posting this things are students and some graduates, yet you all still think & talk like the woman in the market who has never been in a classroom, or like some village palm wine tapper dat can't even spell or write his name. I am Chisom Basil by name and I am a Nigerian and that's all I know. what part of the country I come from doesn't matter to me. I have friends who are Yoruba and I also have Hausa friends,
what am I try to say it doesn't matter what part of the country we come from all that does is that we are Nigerians and we must learn to leave together.
I must learn to see the Yoruba man 4 what he is (My brother) and the Yoruba man must learn to see the Hausa man for what he is (his brother)
We must put every other thing aside n embrace that which we have (one another)
let's Unite and be strong
#One_Nigeria
# One_Nation [i]Too bad what you all are posting out here, and the funniest part is that most of you posting this things are students and some graduates, yet you all still think & talk like the woman in the market who has never been in a classroom, or like some village palm wine tapper dat can't even spell or write his name. I am Chisom Basil by name and I am a Nigerian and that's all I know. what part of the country I come from doesn't matter to me. I have friends who are Yoruba and I also have Hausa friends,
what am I try to say it doesn't matter what part of the country we come from all that does is that we are Nigerians and we must learn to leave together.
I must learn to see the Yoruba man 4 what he is (My brother) and the Yoruba man must learn to see the Hausa man for what he is (his brother)
#One_Nigeria
# One_Nation [/i]Too bad what you all are posting out here, and the funniest part is that most of you posting this things are students and some graduates, yet you all still think & talk like the woman in the market who has never been in a classroom, or like some village palm wine tapper dat can't even spell or write his name. I am Chisom Basil by name and I am a Nigerian and that's all I know. what part of the country I come from doesn't matter to me. I have friends who are Yoruba and I also have Hausa friends,
#One_Nigeria
# One_Nation
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by ELECTCHIBU(m): 8:46pm On May 30, 2017
sarrki:
They envy yoruba
See dis guy o, envy them for what? The person dat posted dis is even lying, which uni in Nigeria can admit 15000 people, even d biggest unis don't admit up to dat. And how will 99% be only igbos in a fed uni, haba! Dis guy is just lying.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Akjwyzepal(m): 10:27pm On May 30, 2017
dreamworld:

Go back to oshogbo and check the names of their own list, lagos is not a Yoruba state
Lagos belong to binis, stop claiming whats not yours
sory to quote u, u're just two d.a.f.t for my liking. People lyk u nid pychatric evaluation.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by legislatively: 7:43am On May 31, 2017
Atleast we should also ask ourselves how many non-indegens applied. Yoruba's are known not to go out of their region for schooling.

I think we should get the figures of the applicants from each tribe
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by dreamworld: 7:56am On May 31, 2017
Akjwyzepal:
sory to quote u, u're just two d.a.f.t for my liking. People lyk u nid pychatric evaluation.
Hydraulic sipping afonja from brown roof republic
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:02pm On May 31, 2017
dreamworld:

Hydraulic sipping afonja from brown roof republic
i'm overwhelmed by ur level of bigot.ry u deserve a PhD in insa.nity. Don't quote me Mr Igbo, i'm allergic to da.ft tribalistic nin cum poop like u.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by revolt(m): 6:06am On Mar 09, 2018
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]
last tym I checked most Yoruba's prefer to school in the west, they'd rather make use of the catchment area policy. They rarely go down south. Even in northern universities, there are very few Yoruba's.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by revolt(m): 6:11am On Mar 09, 2018
Doyin400l:
I just graduated from University of Nigeria , Nsukka a.k.a UNN. Am a full - bloded Yoruba boy. I spent 4 years in the Enugu state and I can tell you that IGBO's are damn tribalistic, full of hatred even from my classmate . To make it worst if you bear a Muslim name like myself.

Thank God an outta that shitty Region.
bloody liar. Wht dept did u finish from. And how were you shown hate? Lecturer or ....I can tell you mine. I tried to pursue my masters in u.I. one foolish lecturer was asking why CNT I just pursue it in the east since I'm from there. Ihalf baked dude ..tht lecturer sha
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 10, 2018
revolt:
bloody liar. Wht dept did u finish from. And how were you shown hate? Lecturer or ....I can tell you mine. I tried to pursue my masters in u.I. one foolish lecturer was asking why CNT I just pursue it in the east since I'm from there. Ihalf baked dude ..tht lecturer sha

So is that the hate you've experienced? Everyone knows schools in the west are hospitable to everyone from all regions of the country. My best friend here in Unilag is a full fledged easterner. We are all living like brothers with others from different regions.

What fears me is the hate filled comment I read here everyday. It makes me scared of even attempted to visit the east. The truth is any region that would embrace development would allow externals to move in, explore and contribute their quota. I really don't see the east making rapid development if it continues in this fashion. Lagos is what it is today because of the dynamism and conglomeration of all tribes living in Nigeria.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Pengician(m): 8:07am On May 27, 2018
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]
Tribalism
At
Its
Peak!
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Elitestar(m): 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
Schools in yoruba land started it first and it is more worst in universities located in Yoruba land, they do admit more students from their tribe, they also do make sure that about 99% of students admitted are yorubas this was made eastern universities to do the same to day I have seen lots of brilliant students from the east who had high scores in jamb and good Waec and Neco results they applied universities in Yoruba land but still yet they were denied admission it occurs mostly in yoruba universities like university of Ibadan and O.A.U
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by jeyselassie(m): 10:28am On Mar 26, 2020
saintkash:
well said my friend but am sorry to let u know that the hausas are not guilty on this.... A northern federal university admits all tribes but more of the northerners based on quota system. ... but menh this igbos own na die ooo
I think its actually worse in the north. First other tribes are victimized while in university and also its hard for other tribes to get 1st class as they keep getting marked down. But any northerner who earns first class, they give it to him.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by obeyamark1: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2020
Are you writing the next Post-UTME?
*Do you want to study an ENGINEERING COURSE or any of the BASIC MEDICAL/CLINICAL SCIENCES?*

GIVEN THE GREAT ODDS THAT EXIST WITH GETTING ADMISSION INTO THESE COURSES, WHY TAKE CHANCES? ��.

Join us at The College HUB, Ibadan, today as we begin our post UTME lectures!

*With our closely monitored student-study guide, mentorship programme, special clinics in all subjects, mind drills, weekly student-directed mock tests, among other things, The College HUB, Ibadan is the true added advantage that you need.*

We bring you to the very bests at an unbeatably affordable price. One contact with us is enough to change your story for good!

Our tutors are MEDICAL STUDENTS who hold records that include:
Best student in WAEC, 2015
Best Student in NECO, 2015
2nd Best student in WAEC, 2015
3rd Best Student in NECO, 2015
Best student in UI Post-UTME, 2015
Multiple winners of Cowbell mathematics competition, Olympiad, etc
Holders of multiple records and achievements in UI's 100L and Cambridge A level Biology, Physics and Chemistry
Medical students with joint teaching experience spanning over 25 years

To register or to make other enquiries, contact Dr Mark on WhatsApp via /2348183855099 or call 08183855099

*AFFORDABLE ACCOMMODATION IS AVAILABLE FOR DISTANT STUDENTS*

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by obeyamark1: 4:27am On Apr 17, 2020
https:///Gx520R1V6XmB9x4jvab5rU

Do you want to study an ENGINEERING course?
Do your subject combinations in Post UTME include English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

Join this group and let the very best of hands, The MASTERS, demystify the exams to you.
Make your walk to the university easy. Trust me, your life cannot remain the same afterwards.

If you have any challenges joining the group, contact Dr Mark on +2348183855099
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by obeyamark1: 4:28am On Apr 17, 2020
https:///FhtLhgMtT9zL2HyIBvD6WK

Did you apply for the *University of Ibadan and other similar institutions?*
Do you want to study *MEDICINE AND SURGERY, PHARMACY, DENTISTRY or any other related medical course?*

Join this group and let the very best of hands, The MASTERS, demystify the exams to you.
Make your walk to medical school easy. Trust me, your life cannot remain the same afterwards.

If you have any challenges joining the group, contact _Dr Mark_ on +2348183855099

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Renames Federal University Ebonyi, Alex Ekwueme University / Iron Tank Collapses In A Secondary School In Anambra. Photos / Costume Week Of The Faculty Of Law, OAU (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.