Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano (12999 Views)

Kano: Buhari Visits Oil And Rice Mills, The Biggest In West Africa (Photos) / Igbos Will Suffer If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Gov. Obiano. / Ambode Confirms The Sale Of Lake Rice Will Commence Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by PMBNG(m): 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
THE Anambra state governor, Willie Obiano, on Monday, September 19, said if the  All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) is given a chance, a bag of rice will cost only N9000.

Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra state has said that the cost of living for Nigerians would be drastically reduced if APGA is given a chance, come 2019.

Obiano hinted that APGA has prepared its house, and would field a presidential candidate in the 2019 general election.

The governor, who is also the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the party, said if voted into power, an APGA national government would drastically reduce the cost of a living in Nigeria.

The Punch Newspapers reports that, Obiano stated this in Awka, the Anambra state capital, during the inauguration of ‘Governor Willie Obiano Support Group’, Awka South Chapter.

Represented by his special adviser on Political Matters, Mr. Chinedu Obidigwe, Obiano said APGA would want to prove to Nigerians that the party had the solution to the country’s woes.

He said: “Anambra is a case study for good governance. If APGA will be given the opportunity to rule Nigeria a bag of rice will reduce N9,000.

“What Anambra has done in agriculture, which resulted in the state having its own brand of rice (Anambra rice) would be replicated at a bigger scale should APGA win the presidential election.

“The state has used scarce resources to resuscitate the state’s economy, leading to infrastructural development and timely

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/vote-apga-in-2019-and-rice-will-become-n9000-anambra-gov-obiano/

19 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Cutehector(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
I love this man. But we shouldn't vote based on party.

Dats one thing dats killing the nation.

I rather vote for someone who is capable from a low profile party Dan someone who is incapable from a high profile party.

Can Willie Obiano do the Job? Well, let's see how his tenure goes as d Governor of Anambra state.

Secondly, politicians shoulq quit this "future promises" mentality to win the hearts of the people.

If your intention in becoming the president is just to reduce the price of rice then you are more or less likely the same as the promise and fail past Governments.

The price of rice is never Nigeria's problem.

One key thing must be properly looked into and must have a solution in blue print before coming out to indicate one's interest for the highest office in the country.

What is your plan to boost Nigeria's economy? Encompasses all sectors

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by princemillla(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
Are you tryna say Nigerians are gluttons o what... We are now wiser, we need infrastructural development not stomach development only

16 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Opharhe: 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
Cutehector:
I love this man. But we shouldn't vote based on party.

Dats one thing dats killing the nation.

I rather vote for someone who is capable from a low profile party Dan someone who is incapable from a high profile party.

Can Willie Obiano do the Job? Well, let's see how his tenure goes as d Governor of Anambra state.

Secondly, politicians shoulq quit this "future promises" mentality to win the hearts of the people.

If your intention in becoming the president is just to reduce the price of rice then you are more or less likely the same as the promise and fail past Governments.

The price of rice is never Nigeria's problem.

One key thing must be properly looked into and must have a solution in blue print before coming out to indicate one's interest for the highest office in the country.

What is your plan to boost Nigeria's economy? Encompasses all sectors

I think the issue of the price of rice was just an example to buttress his point.
princemillla:
Are you tryna say Nigerians are gluttons o what... We are now wiser, we need infrastructural development not stomach development only
Ehhhn. That's what he's talking about. Using Anambra as a case study.
Price of rice was just an example.

19 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Opharhe: 1:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
I see some hope in this APGA party.
In my opinion, refined and progressive Nigerians should join this party and give the two major parties (APC and PDP) a run for their money.
Examples of such people I'll like to see in APGA are Dr. Donald Duke of Cross-River, Nuhu Ribadu, Dimeji Bankole, Pat Utomi etc.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Cutehector(m): 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Opharhe:
I think the issue of the price of rice was just an example to buttress his point. Ehhhn. That's what he's talking about. Using Anambra as a case study.
Anambra as a case study is not enough to save nigeria's problem. The solutions dat would work in Anambra to develop the state is not d same as that which can be applied to Lagos state. Likewise the northern countries.

Yes, it's Good a thing Willie is performing, but I don't think his achievements in Anambra can be applied to all states in the federation. Willie Obiano should transform Anambra just like Goodluck Akpabio did to Akwaibom and he would just be d best candidate for presidency.

Trust me, if someone like Goodluck Akpabio contests for presidency, people will vote en masse for him

6 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Cutehector(m): 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
Opharhe:
I see some hope in this APGA party.
In my opinion, refined and progressive Nigerians should join this party and give the two major parties (ABC and PDP) a run for their money.
Examples of such people I'll like to see in APGA are Dr. Donald Duke of Cross-River, Nuhu Ribadu, Dimeji Bankole, Pat Utomi etc.
good names u called. Me too I see hope in the party as well.. good meaning Nigerians should join but the problem with that party is that it is largely dominated by igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by princemillla(m): 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Cutehector:
Anambra as a case study is not enough to save nigeria's problem. The solutions dat would work in Anambra to develop the state is not d same as that which can be applied to Lagos state. Likewise the northern countries.

Yes, it's Good a thing Willie is performing, but I don't think his achievements in Anambra can be applied to all states in the federation. Willie Obiano should transform Anambra just like Goodluck Akpabio did to Akwaibom and he would just be d best candidate for presidency.

Trust me, if someone like Goodluck Akpabio contests for presidency, people will vote en masse for him

I would have cites more examples to buttress your point, but then you mentioned akpabio. What makes you think akpabio will perform at the federal level as he performed in his state. To manage state is quite easy compare to federal. Fashola is my good example.. Fashola performed tremendously in Lagos state, look at him at the federal level. If not that Fashola is a strong man, he would av quit long time ago. I wish apga the best, but if they are packs of same old scallywags....then goodbye to worst riddance

3 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Shiitposter: 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
Opharhe:
I think the issue of the price of rice was just an example to buttress his point. Ehhhn. That's what he's talking about. Using Anambra as a case study.

You better don't make decision based upon what you think instead of what you're sure off, because thats the same thing that got us into this mess

You dont hear politicians like trump or Hillary telling the americans citizens to vote for them so they can make burger free for everyone.

But trust nigerian politicians to do that, mi dont blame them though, they know its much easier and convineient to feed off a black mans greeds, stomach infrastructure and low IQ

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by ican2020: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
You have my vote already

12 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by wristbangle: 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
Charity begins at home. First of all, how much does a bag of rice cost in Anambra?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by sharpden: 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by nwasinachi(f): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
Is that why y are hoarding the so called anambra rice coz truth be told, i never see am for eke awka mkt. Biko, cha kwa n"uzo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Opharhe: 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Cutehector:
good names u called. Me too I see hope in the party as well.. good meaning Nigerians should join but the problem with that party is that it is largely dominated by igbos.

The ACN was largely dominated by Yorubas yet Oshiomole won his Edo Governorship seat on that same platform in a Sout-South state. The APC is largely dominated by Hausas and Yorubas, yet Okorocha was also voted for through that same party in the Igbo state of Imo. Sir, the point I'm trying to make is the fact that the APGA is presently dominated by Igbos is not something you should even refer to as a problem in the first place. Labaran Maku almost won the Nassarawa state(North) Guber election on this same platform in the last general elections. APGA also had one or two seats in Bayelsa state(Ijaw) too.
If other Nigerians across ethnic divides join in, it'll have a more national outlook.
It's not about the ethnic group that dominates it now but about the quality and delivery of it's office holders.

I'm not a member of APGA but just admire the party and the way it's members(like in the case of Anambra and Imo during Rochas' first tenure) have delivered to their constituents. I don't have much faith in the PDP and APC, as a believer of multi party and ideological democracy, I only hope that the APGA and other smaller parties will rise up, stand for well defined socio-economic and political ideas for a modern African society, and give Nigerians a better option.

God bless Nigeria.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Cutehector(m): 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
Opharhe:
The ACN was largely dominated by Yorubas yet Oshiomole won his Edo Governorship seat on that same platform in a Sout-South state. The APC is largely dominated by Hausas and Yorubas, yet Okorocha was also voted for through that same party in the Igbo state of Imo. Sir, the point I'm trying to make is the fact that the APGA is presently dominated by Igbos is not something you should even refer to as a problem in the first place. Labaran Make almost won the Nassarawa state(North) Guber election on this same platform in the last general elections. APGA also had one or two seats in Bayelsa state too.
If other Nigerians across ethnic divides join in, it'll have a more national outlook.
It's not about the ethnic group that dominates it now but about the quality and delivery of it's office holders.

I'm not a member of APGA but just admire the party and the way it's members(like in the case of Anambra and Imo during Rochas' first tenure) have delivered to their constituents. I don't have much faith in the PDP and APC, as a believer of multi party and ideological democracy, I only hope that the APGA and other smaller parties will rise up, stand for well defined socio-economic and political ideas for a modern African society, and give Nigerians a better option.

God bless Nigeria.
nice one bro. Infact bcus of this I will join apga soon

9 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Opharhe: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Cutehector:
nice one bro. Infact bcus of this I will join apga soon
Thanks sir. I think I too may join if I have my way.

1 Like

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
He should work to expand the base of APGA across the whole South East

Let APGA support PDP for now at National level but play local/regional politics to control the South east
Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by DavSagacity(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2016
ok
We hav hear u sir. Is That Not How some party promised Unemployed Nigerians 5k per month If voted into Government.? them enter finish come dey talk say they Were mis-quoted.
He should gerrara here joor...
Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by yeyeboi(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2016
Na so

1 Like

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by tempest01(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2016
nonsense

The moment we stop voting in parties and voting proven individuals with something to offer, the better.
Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 21, 2016
cheesy Noooooooo I want Gari cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by thunderbabs: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2016
Which kind level?....na rice be the economic problem?

3 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Pranxta(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2016
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Aisha800(f): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2016
cheesy see marketing scheme
Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by flokii: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2016
grin cheesy

N7500 or nothing
btw those wey no dey eat rice nko? kwenu!

2 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by ayusco85(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2016
Any party but not APC

3 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2016
Y not 1,500?
Una don start with una promise again abi?

3 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Proffdada: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2016
Why not start now?
The people are ready to trust undecided

1 Like

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2016
ayusco85:
Any party but not APC
And PDP

As for u obaino...

3 Likes

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by banmee(m): 10:48am On Sep 21, 2016
ican2020:
You have my vote already

Anyone remember the 5k promise? You guys don't learn anything. When will you all start asking questions?

1 Like

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by DateMynd44(m): 10:49am On Sep 21, 2016
Who is this one again?
Sorry you guys cant fool nigeria any longer.
APC taught us how to be deceived with glittering manifestoes which after elected they'll cancel all their promises they made earlier.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote APGA In 2019 And Rice Will Become N9000 - Anambra Gov., Obiano by laffwitmi: 10:49am On Sep 21, 2016
I wish, but ur Igbos are for Pdp...northern...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anti Jungle Justice Bill: Senate Moves To Curb Extrajudicial Killing / Buhari Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Anyene As Auditor-general / Oshiomhole Inaugurates APC Convention Committee In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.