Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest (2400 Views)

A 5-Mile Island Built to Save Lagos’s Economy Has a Fatal Design Flaw / Our Spirit Gone Out Of The Carcass Called Nigeria, We Will Never Come Back –IPOB / 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by BuariCopyPaste: 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
LAGOS—A group of human rights activists under the aegis of Centre for Human Rights and Social Justice, CHRSJ, has supportedt the open protest slated for Friday this week by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, against the continued detention of their leader, Comrade Nnamdi Kanu, by the Federal Government under President Muhamadu Buhari’s watch, saying that the detention of Kanu was illegal and unconstitutional.

It will be recalled that the IPOB, through its spokesperson on Monday, has enjoined the Igbo people and all those who believed in the Biafra ideology in the country to sit-at-home and shutdown their businesses on Friday, September 23, in protest over illegal continued detention of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu.

The activists were drawn from: The Christian Awareness Mission Group, CAMG; Passengers Fundamental Rights Group PATRGIA;The Islamic Political Awareness Group, TIPAG; Centre for Social Justice and Equity of Nigeria, ESJEN; Civil Societies Coalition for the Emancipation of Osun State, CSCEOS; Veteran Groups for Operation Clean Crusade, VGOCC; Apata-Aiyeraye Social Political Volunteer Group, ASPVG; De-Mainstream Independent Group, DMIG; and Coalition Against Illegal Arrest & Unlawful Detention, CAIA&UD.
Others were: Centre for Constitutional Rights and Counter Corruption Crusader; Save Lagos Group, SLG; The ConscienceMainstream, TCM; African Masses Voices for Survival, AMVS; The Christians Youths for the Peoples’ Rights and Development, CYPRD; Islamic Movement for Muslims’ Rights, IMMR; Divine Nigerians Liberators for Peoples’ Fundamental Rights, DNLPFR; and The Christians Volunteers Groups for Good Governance in Nigeria, TCVGGGN.

Speaking on behalf of the group, its Coordinating leader, Comrade Adeniyi, Alimi Sulaiman, in a statement made available to newsmen on Monday, declared their total support for the proposed peaceful protest to be embarked upon by the members of the IPOB, in pressurizing for their home demand, demanding unconditional release of Biafra Radio Director (Kanu) from the custody of Federal Government.

It strongly condemned the illegal continued detention of Kanu, which it stated that was against the principles of democracy that gives the citizens freedom to assemble and express his or her opinion without any hindrance, showing concern on what it may happen on the continued detention of Biafra leader. It then called on, all lovers of democracy in Nigeria and Diaspora to guide against using brute force of despotic days of military era on the innocent citizens of the country by Buhari’s government, describing the proposed protest as welcome development in right direction.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/kanus-detention-activisits-back-ipob-planned-friday-protest/
Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by BuariCopyPaste: 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
Seun and Nairaland mods take note.......

Even Muslims and Yoruba groups are supporting this.

There is not a single Southeast or south south group mentioned.

The whole world have noticed.

10 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by Leopardd(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by IykeChukz(m): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
I concur.
Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by fearNORTH: 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
Seun will be disappointed to see his kinsmen support Biafra restoration.

He can go ahead and ban all Igbo man from his site. but history I am not sure will ever be kind to him.

9 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by BuariCopyPaste: 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
Buhari will never understand the damage he is doing to himself by holding Kanu against the opinion of reasonable people.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by IykeChukz(m): 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hmmmmm so its now glaring... Freedom is everyone's right. Let him be please.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by BuariCopyPaste: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
Just watch as this thread will be closed like it contains germ.......

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by fearNORTH: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2016
We all should be thankful to Buhari for making Nnamdi Kanu an instant Hero

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by Badtman(m): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Junk News from Junks ipob yoot, No be only Muslim group

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by BuariCopyPaste: 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
Badtman:

Your opinion is irrelevant here......sorry about that

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by kentuta(m): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by Kamanuozuzu: 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
All Hail Biafra!

Little by little, people are waking up. People's (sleeping) consciousness are being awoken - irrespective of tribe and religion. And until we rise above our self-imposed mental slavery (One Nigeria) instituted by the brutish British and watered by the despotic, hegemonic, blood-thirsty Hausa-Fulani, we will never move an inch further as a people - be you Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa!

Self-determination is a right!
Viva Biafra!
#FreeNnamdiKanu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by endoski: 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
darkness can never,i repeat can never prevail over light. no matter how long they hold kanu even if it is for 50years,even if he is eventually killed it would not stop what wants to happen.
i pity nigerians who defend buhari on this,because only time will tell.
Note: no zombie should quote me grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by EFGH: 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
K
Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by bcomputer101: 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
So sorry that Nmadi Kanu decided not to use his brain.
Treason is a serious offence.
Let the whole world protest, he wont be release.
He will continue eating beans in Kuje prison.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by otitokoroleti: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
bcomputer101:
Google will educate you on the full meaning of TREASON.

5 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by BuariCopyPaste: 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
bcomputer101:

when true Yorubas with conscience like Mr Adeniyi Suleiman speaks slavish Yoruba (I have long concluded that there's a difference between brave Yorubas like Fayose and slavish Yorobbers like you) should bury their head in shame.

It's your type that make some Igbos despise the otherwise good Yoruba people. Just shut your dirty mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by chernest2002: 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
The Sun must rise.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by fearNORTH: 5:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
Viva Biafra......

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by simplycarro: 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:

The truth is that the Biafra agitation could have gathered more support from other Nigerians and non Nigerians, however the method of operations that revolves largely on insults, abuses, threats of violence and hatred to Nigerians especially yorubas is a huge setback to your agitation.
It's time to review your method and process.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by BuariCopyPaste: 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
simplycarro:

The truth is that the Biafra agitation could have gathered more support from other Nigerians and non Nigerians, however the method of operations that revolves largely on insults, abuses, threats of violence and hatred to Nigerians especially yorubas is a huge setback to your agitation.

The insults being hurled at some Yorubas are inevitable bro......Just check whats happening here on NL and tell me why some Yorubas shouldn't be spat at undecided

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by T9ksy(m): 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
simplycarro:

Am yoruba and (despite the bolded above), totally in support of biafra.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by DabuIIIT: 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:

when true Yorubas with conscience like Mr Adeniyi Suleiman speaks slavish Yoruba (I have long concluded that there's a difference between brave Yorubas like Fayose and slavish Yorobbers like you) should bury their head in shame.

It's your type that make some Igbos despise the otherwise good Yoruba people. Just shut your dirty mouth.

you are absolutely correct...these set of irritating afonja are in the excess on here and i've found myself hating my once beloved yoruba cos of them..its very foolish indeed cos what the igbos and Niger delta are agitating and fighting for will equally create an avenue for total economic,social and POLITICAL liberation and emancipation for the west if they key into it,not as though they are not: they have bodies like the COALITION OF OODUA SELF DETERMINATION GROUP. (coseg)
i am Edo and we are strongly behind Biafra

6 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by DabuIIIT: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
T9ksy:

Am yoruba and (despite the bolded above), totally in support of biafra.

God bless you richly. I know you know we are fighting and agitating for the same cause,for liberation and emancipation and internal colonisation,like lagbaja sang "..NA WETIN U DEY FIND,I DEY FIND".

Forgive me if you ever see me on this forum returning insults at afonja who always and frequently throw insults and provocations at the igbos and niger delta where i am from. Again,God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by T9ksy(m): 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
DabuIIIT:

God bless you richly. I know you know we are fighting and agitating for the same cause,for liberation and emancipation and internal colonisation,like lagbaja sang "..NA WETIN U DEY FIND,I DEY FIND".

Forgive me if you ever see me on this forum returning insults at afonja who always and frequently throw insults and provocations at the igbos and niger delta where i am from. Again,God bless.

Honestly speaking, i do understand and appreciate your agitation however my premise is the way and manner you guys are going about it is totally wrong and illustrate the fact that you folks have just refused to learn from your recent past experience.

My point is, at the end of the day, after you've finally actualised your objective, what then? We will still remain neighbours.
Words are like broken eggs that cannot be easily mended or retracted. what kind of neighbours do you expect us to be?

I leave you and (biafrans) with a discerning and articulate quotations of the (last)war by Brig. Adeyinka Adebayo;

"I need not tell you what horror, what devastation and what extreme human suffering will attend the use of force. When it is all over and the smoke and dust have lifted, and the dead are buried, we shall find, as other people have found, that it has all been futile, entirely futile, in solving the problems we set out to solve".

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by Omenkata: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
Badtman:

e pain am tongue

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by Omenkata: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2016
bad news to EPs
good news for lovers of freedom
Buhari is a terrorist

but where's omenka sef cry

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by papaejima1: 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
Sad day for some people loading...

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by DeleteNonsense: 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lugardian enterprise collapsing before our very eyes

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by ishiamu(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:

1 Like

Re: Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest by brize(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
That awkward moment seun and his mods think that Biafra starts and ends here in nairaland.com......

Land of the rising sun........ We love and cherish

(1) (2) (Reply)

#TheOtherRoom Now Trending As Nigerians React Over President Buhari’s Comment / I Paid $1.2m To Kidnap Kingpin Evans: James Uduji / Akwa Ibom State Govt. Releases Prototype Of Regional Market And City Parks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.