Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm (25702 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] / How China Creates Jobs, A Lesson For Nigeria / Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by AloyEmeka6: 6:41am On Oct 12, 2009
Obasanjo: I Have Created 6,000 Jobs
From Jaiyeola Andrews in Abeokuta, 10.10.2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that he felt fulfilled, in being able to have over 6,000 employees in his farms Obasanjo Farms Nigeria Limited.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/oct/10/207.html

He said the number of  jobs he has created through his farms, far out-weighed that of the multi-national oil companies operating in the country.

The former president, dropped the hint at his Ota Farms during the 30th anniversary celebration of Obasanjo Farms Limited.

Obasanjo noted that the objectives of his farms for the next  20 years, was to have "consolidation and diversification at home and expansion continentally."

The former president expressed hope that when the farms would be celebrating theirgolden jubilee, they  would be in the commanding height of agricultural production, procesing and distribution in Nigeria, with substantial in-road in every part of Africa.

"Wherever I may be then, you as OFN staff, should endeavour to accomplish this target and this goal. Let us also mark this thirtieth anniversary with our commitment to the improvement of the environmrent by each of us planting a commemorative tree.

“Those who will be here twenty and thirty years from today will remember this day with these trees," Obasanjo said.

GMD/CEO Obasanjo Holdings Ltd, Elder Daniel Atsu in his welcome address, said the decision of the former president to invest in the country, has created direct employment for over 6,000 men and women.

He noted that Obasanjo has created substantial economic value with his initiatives, experience, skills and leadership.

Atsu disclosed that "ultimately, our partnership with Marshall Breeders of India has produced the first  Nigerian broiler, known as Obamarshall, on March 24, 2007. This breed is fully adapted to the tropical climate with unparraleled performance statistics".   

He said at the end of this year, the farms would commence a process of turning poultry waste into organic fertilizer.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by posakosa(m): 6:46am On Oct 12, 2009
He wants to use the people for wowo and for his yearly sacrifice.    lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by AloyEmeka6: 6:49am On Oct 12, 2009
Obasanjo is Hiring engineers, doctors, lawyers, mathematicians, statisticians, linguists, cooks, drivers, babalawos etc

Posakosa please apply.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by posakosa(m): 6:50am On Oct 12, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Abagworo(m): 7:04am On Oct 12, 2009
why don't we appreciate achievements.investing in agriculture is one of the most difficult decision for any bizman to take.kudos to obj for investing in farming.oh yes even with looted funds.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Jakumo(m): 7:45am On Oct 12, 2009
Obasanjo LOOTED well in excess of the 16 [b]B[/b]illion dollars that he stole from the fund allocated to revive Nigeria's electricity grid, and as usual, he got away with that crime of the century CLEAN, in true Nigerian fashion.

What he does with that stolen money is of no interest whatsoever to most people who would rather hear that the vagabond was ambushed, kidnapped and then slaughtered by those who know what payback is really owed to scumbags like that geriatric old kleptomaniac phuckhead.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by TheSeeker(m): 8:03am On Oct 12, 2009
Yes, job creation in OBJ's Ota farm is one of Yara'die's 7-point agenda.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by presido1: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2009
Jakumo:

Obasanjo LOOTED well in excess of the 16 [b]B[/b]illion dollars that he stole from the fund allocated to revive Nigeria's electricity grid, and as usual, he got away with that crime of the century CLEAN, in true Nigerian fashion.
Jakumo pls don't let some benefactors of the looted billions in this forum read this. Believe me they will eat you raw. They will tell you Ibori looted more forgetting that both and other not mentioned are criminals.

Can somebody tell that fool that if that 16 billion was spent on our electricty, we will have almost 1million self employed Nigerian in the area of welding and the likes.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by KnowAll(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2009
Obasanjo LOOTED well in excess of the 16 Billion dollars that he stole from the fund allocated to revive Nigeria's electricity grid, and as usual, he got away with that crime of the century CLEAN, in true Nigerian fashion. 

What he does with that stolen money is of no interest whatsoever to most people who would rather hear that the vagabond was ambushed, kidnapped and then slaughtered by those who know what payback is really owed to scumbags like that geriatric old kleptomaniac phuckhead.

If every looter can employ 6,000 people and I know in Nigeria we have in excess of over 200 documented looters, then unemployment will not be an issue in this country, rather Nigeria will be the food basket of Africa, our commonwealth which has been commandeered by the looters would be seen to have been put into good use.

Of what economic benefit and significance is it to the country of those high powered lawyers, who are charging James Ibori £25,000 per hour in defence of a case which will drag on for years,

( 1 ) because the respondent who is James Ibori is not available and ready to attend the court session,

( 2 ) the Lawyers in conjunction with the Judges will come to a compromise of an endless adjournment, in other for the lawyers to clean out the big black nig*er of a man who in his own smart and whacked mind think he has successfully fleeced his constituents dry.

What the ex President has done is commendable, I hope this time around prudence and good governance will prevail in the running of the Obasanjo Farms, we hope it will not degenerate into that pitiable sight of a few pigs and an empty pen for the chickens. 

I am surprise the ex President is even celebrating 30 years of the existence of the farm, by all reckoning I thought that farm was more or less a ghost town of dilapidated farm machinery and silos for most of that 30 years, well, the name on the rusted sign board and the dusty road leading to the farm is worth celebrating.  undecided
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by agitator: 11:17am On Oct 12, 2009
Abagworo:

why don't we appreciate achievements.investing in agriculture is one of the most difficult decision for any bizman to take.kudos to obj for investing in farming.oh yes even with looted funds.

With this type of thinking and ideology we are still expecting a miracle from God
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by MrCrackles(m): 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2009
Obasanjo is a bastard. . . To hell wit u OBJ
What bloody jobs did he create?
Feeling funky becoz u employed 6000 people to pack chicken faeces, wash up dirty pigs, till the land 4 crop planting & playing with some bloody cow's ballbags
With the state he left the country, OBJ shouldnt be talking, he should forever remain silent till he goes up to hell fire to join satan!
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2009
Anyway, at least jobs were created. Whether its picking chicken eggs or milking cows with a masters degree, its still a job. Let Nigerians manage.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by kafanchan: 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2009
He stole our money, right, but he used it to employ part of us, what of people that took our money run. Yab am well, then praise am small
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Pataki: 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2009
eina:

Anyway, at least jobs were created. Whether its picking chicken eggs or milking cows with a masters degree, its still a job. Let Nigerians manage.
This is a staggering preposterous statement to render!
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by asha80(m): 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2009
Pataki:

This is a staggering preposterous statement to render!

Nigerians have become so used to nonsense ans stupidity.Manage my foot and yet they cry revolution.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Epiphany(m): 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2009
One thing is to create jobs, another thing is to meet the expectations of those who are taking up those jobs. Yes, i agree that ANY job may better than NO job but i wonder. . . how much will Obj be paying those people. Is the work they will be doing commensurate to the salary they will be getting because i have this bad feeling that some will be working dusk to dawn and will be getting 12,000 naira per month as salary.

Have we all heard about the 'jobs' that the Oyo state governor 'created' for graduates? This may be one of those situations!
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2009
What can I say?
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by koolchicco: 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2009
asha 80:

Nigerians have become so used to nonsense ans stupidity.Manage my foot and yet they cry revolution.

You dey him? Thats our problem, always settling 4 less.

Manage ko, Obj ni.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by posakosa(m): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2009
This is only a press release, lets see the working people that he [i][b]actually and really hires. undecided
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by disire: 1:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
Can he tell Nigerians how much he is paying the 6,000 slaves?   undecided
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by otukpo(f): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
eina:

The above statement is quite pathetic.

He stole the money that wld have used to take Nigeria to uninterrupted power supply, gounded our economy and now use the same money to enslave u in his farm and u say its commendable.

Let me tell u, if the money had been used to develop basic infrastructures in this country, u wld not need him to employ u in his farm. He is still a glorified baboon.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by posakosa(m): 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
otukpo:

Let me tell u, if the money had been used to develop basic infrastructures in this country, u wld not need him to employ u in his farm. He is still a glorified baboon.

Well said Doll.   cool cool
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2009
Where can i apply? grin
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Obasanjo: I Have Created 6,000 Jobs
From Jaiyeola Andrews in Abeokuta, 10.10.2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that he felt fulfilled, in being able to have over 6,000 employees in his farms Obasanjo Farms Nigeria Limited.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/oct/10/207.html

He said the number of  jobs he has created through his farms, far out-weighed that of the multi-national oil companies operating in the country.

all these bastards running this country re so stupid and callous

thats why we will see governors patting themselves on the back for handing out motorcycles to the unemployed

daughterinlawfoker obviously didn't pick anything in his so called stint in the university - otherwise he would't  be comparing the rubbish keep body and soul together pittance they are paying out at  the  below minimum wage failed sweatshop he calls a farm on the same level with oil companies

tex where u dey? i see say u wan buy 2007 camry xle - wetin pesin go buy under obj? fourth hand 1984 camry (with 800,000 miles)  cheesy

daft bastard  angry
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by gReenmAn(m): 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2009
OBJ creating jobs

Applicants better beware, nothing good can come from that man.
If you insist on dining with him, then you better go get yourself a looooooooong spoon.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Ben13: 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2009
OBJ wants to aquire the 'box of orden'.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by chosen04(f): 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2009
I will rather be jobless than take a job from the BABOON callled OBJ.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by angelhumy: 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Otukpo , Let me tell u, if the money had been used to develop basic infrastructures in this country, u wld not need him to employ u in his farm. He is still a glorified baboon.[i][/i]

if half of the mony can even be use to do sango road/bridge, who on earth will not like to have his/her own farm.

he is really a BABOON angry
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Beaf: 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2009
KnowAll:

Obasanjo LOOTED well in excess of the 16 Billion dollars that he stole from the fund allocated to revive Nigeria's electricity grid, and as usual, he got away with that crime of the century CLEAN, in true Nigerian fashion. 

If every looter can employ 6,000 people and I know in Nigeria we have in excess of over 200 documented looters, then unemployment will not be an issue in this country, rather Nigeria will be the food basket of Africa, our commonwealth which has been commandeered by the looters would be seen to have been put into good use.

Of what economic benefit and significance is it to the country of those high powered lawyers, who are charging James Ibori £25,000 per hour in defence of a case which will drag on for years,

( 1 ) because the respondent who is James Ibori is not available and ready to attend the court session,

( 2 ) the Lawyers in conjunction with the Judges will come to a compromise of an endless adjournment, in other for the lawyers to clean out the big black nig*er of a man who in his own smart and whacked mind think he has successfully fleeced his constituents dry.

What the ex President has done is commendable, I hope this time around prudence and good governance will prevail in the running of the Obasanjo Farms, we hope it will not degenerate into that pitiable sight of a few pigs and an empty pen for the chickens. 

I am surprise the ex President is even celebrating 30 years of the existence of the farm, by all reckoning I thought that farm was more or less a ghost town of dilapidated farm machinery and silos for most of that 30 years, well, the name on the rusted sign board and the dusty road leading to the farm is worth celebrating.  undecided

I have never heard anything so unreasonable. . . A thief has stolen commendably? shocked A thief is a thief, whether it is Obj or Ibori. Abi is Obj from your village?
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2009
The guy na wayo. He loot the national treasure and claimed he is fulfilled. Who no go fulfill if he/she get that kind of money? free me 9ja
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by kokooro1: 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2009
If OBJ is to be commended then Lawrence Anini (remember him) should be given post-homus award for spraying some of the money his gang stole during robberies on the street of Benin for the poor to pick! OK let's say an award for IBB now for investing looted money in Education.

Na only commendation?
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by AloyEmeka6: 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2009
KnowAll:

What he does with that stolen money is of no interest whatsoever to most people who would rather hear that the vagabond was ambushed, kidnapped and then slaughtered by those who know what payback is really owed to scumbags like that geriatric old kleptomaniac phuckhead. Obasanjo is so selfish that he allowed his $16BN farm to run on epileptic electricity. You must be kidding me if you think his farm is worth $16Bn. He just invested little change from Tafa Balogun on that farm. As a matter of fact, his daughter, the next governor of Ogun state can afford that farm now.

While it would have been better for other looters to invest their LOOT in Nigeria. A thief is still a thief. It's like somebody stealing your land and leasing it out to you to farm on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tigran Gambaryan Wife, Yuki Seeks US Intervention On Husband Detained In Nigeria / FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime / I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.