Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Why Some Auto Sellers Dont Post Engine Picture. Fraud Or Scam? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Some Auto Sellers Dont Post Engine Picture. Fraud Or Scam? (614 Views)

Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? / Is Auction Export Legitimate Or Scam / Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some Auto Sellers Dont Post Engine Picture. Fraud Or Scam? by Naturallyme: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2016
I have seen many posts on this forum whereby some auto sellers refuse to post pictures showing the engine compartment. To the best of my knowledge I guess they have something to hide honestly.
why you want to get a car is mobility, what drives a car is engine. Then why hiding the picture?

Nairalander should beware of these people and really watch out while dealing with them. they have criminal tendencies
Re: Why Some Auto Sellers Dont Post Engine Picture. Fraud Or Scam? by peterjero(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2016
A lot of reasons are the cause but here's my take over a long period of observation.
1. Mechanics are terrible with cleanliness.
2. Rewires are worst returning wires to their original state.
3. Car wash personnel can't wash cars safely, hence owners are wary washing their engines because they are afraid of engine stalling.
4. Owners are terrible with maintenance.
5. Poverty is another issue usually not talked about.
6. Quick cash syndrome by owners and dealers, wanting to cut corners.
7. Buyers should always insist on things they aren't clear on.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Auto Sellers Dont Post Engine Picture. Fraud Or Scam? by Naturallyme: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Many Thanks for clarification. but when offering a vehicle for sale, the seller should be explicit enough by making the picture very comprehensive, the state of the car. these ones post pictures and hide the engine pic. how do they expect to get a buyer.
peterjero:
A lot of reasons are the cause but here's my take over a long period of observation.
1. Mechanics are terrible with cleanliness.
2. Rewires are worst returning wires to their original state.
3. Car wash personnel can't wash cars safely, hence owners are wary washing their engines because they are afraid of engine stalling.
4. Owners are terrible with maintenance.
5. Poverty is another issue usually not talked about.
6. Quick cash syndrome by owners and dealers, wanting to cut corners.
7. Buyers should always insist on things they aren't clear on.

one guy even called a prospective buyer "maga" in my presence at a car lot. he said " That maga don dey call again for the car". I did not go back for that reason. some of those dealers are dubious. very dubious
Re: Why Some Auto Sellers Dont Post Engine Picture. Fraud Or Scam? by Anchor84: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2016
Does posting of Engine pix tell u how sound Engine is?soo many clean engines with bad sound,to me posting of pix isn't too necessary.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Auto Sellers Dont Post Engine Picture. Fraud Or Scam? by Stateside: 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
its only natural that you want to see the engine of the car you want to buy. However, not posting it does not necessarily meant its a scam on the part of the seller. You can simply request for the pics undecided

Not hard at all

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tokumbo Mercedes Benz ML350 4matic / Very Clean Hyundai Accent 013, Reistered / 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2.7L FWD For Sale, Asking Price N3.8m, See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.