Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria (18203 Views)

Yusuf Buhari Departs Nigeria For Germany On Air Ambulance / Latest Ship Acquired By Nigeria Navy Which Left China On Sept 15 Arrives Nigeria / President Buhari Departs Nigeria For China On A Weeklong Official Visit (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by stephenduru: 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
Press Release: 21 September 2016

NIGERIAN NAVY OFFSHORE PATROL VESSEL NNS UNITY DEPARTS CHINA ON MAIDEN VOYAGE TO NIGERIA

1. Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) NNS UNITY which was under construction in China has been completed and on her way to join the Nigerian Navy fleet. At the Handing over and departure ceremony in China, the Chief of the Naval Staff represented by the Chief of Policy and Plans Rear Admiral Jacob Ajani conveyed the appreciation of the Navy to the C-In-C, President Muhammadu Buhari for approving all steps taken towards the departure of NNS UNITY.

2. He stated that NNS UNITY upon joining the NN fleet would strengthen the efforts against all maritime crimes and illegalities in the nation’s territorial waters and the Gulf of Guinea in general. He also added that areas hitherto that were unable to be covered by other NN ships will now be covered by NNS UNITY which will no doubt enhance the NN’s effectiveness and responsiveness to the maritime security challenges within Nigeria’s waters.

3. NNS UNITY enroute Nigeria will pay ‘port calls’ on some ports of friendly nations before arriving Nigeria. This will further boost the existing cordial relationship with sister navies around the world and the Gulf of Guinea in particular. He concluded by soliciting the maintenance and improved cooperation between Nigeria and the respective China Ship building corporations further beyond the departure of NNS UNITY.

4. The ceremony which was adjudged a success was attended by Chairman, Senate Committee on Navy Senator Isa Misau, Chairman, House of Representative Committee on the Navy Honourable Abdulsamad Dasuki, Representative of the Honourable Minister of Defense Hajia Rabi Tedman, the Consul General of Nigerian Mission in Shanghai and Senior Officers of the Nigerian Navy. NNS UNITY departed China today 21 Sep 16 and expected to arrive Nigeria in the first week of November 2016.

5. You are please requested to disseminate this information for the awareness of general public.

COR EZEKOBE
Commodore
Director of Information

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/nigerian-navy-offshore-patrol-vessel.html
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by tanteta(m): 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
Good for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Lordtrillion(m): 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
okay, good news
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by XaintJoel20: 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
I am not no trying to be a pessimist, why China?
Why didn't NN opt for a country that is well advanced in building of warships?
I am always skeptical with products that come out of China.

Will NN Unity stand the test of time?
Events in the coming days will prove me right or wrong.

Nobody should vilify me over my opinion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by NaijaFutbol: 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
correct
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Pictures or Adonbelivit sad

- "...and on her way to join the Nigerian Navy fleet" Wish her safe journey? Which man would be bringing her home?

" enroute Nigeria will pay ‘port calls’ on some ports of friendly nations before arriving Nigeria" Why would she pay calls to other ports when Nigeria is waiting? Is that how she would be flirting?

" arrive Nigeria in the first week of November 2016." So she would flirt from now to November shocked

This government sef angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by danielex(m): 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
ya
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hear is the picture

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by nony43(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
Safe journey to her

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
Did Jonathan or Buhari pay for this? Just asking o!
No need for kerfuffle here ...
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by gudluckgreat(m): 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
Good
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by StephanieLuv(f): 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
Pictures please
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by 4nobody4every1: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
Keneking:
Pictures or Adonbelivit sad
cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by bash97: 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
Correct
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
; Nigeria is beginning to wake up militarily

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by sigiyaya(m): 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nonsense; how this can improve the economy of this useless country
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by qualityovenbake(m): 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nice. Would have love to see the picture

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Pavore9: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
No picture released? shocked
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by ceeethru(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Buhari is busy spending to crush avengers while fulani herdsmen are having free for all day killing innocent people. We need surveillance equipment to tackle fulani herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nairadays: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
No pictures?
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by naptu2: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
NNS Unity (F92)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by VocalWalls: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
undecided

Tom Chandler... Nathan James.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
So ??

Make we boil fried egg ?

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
But How will dis help improve d economy?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
VocalWalls:
undecided

Tom Chandler... Nathan James.
oshey, d last ship beta destroyer
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by geesilver(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
XaintJoel20:

do u mean china thing no dey last..........................we go pray make this one last o.
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by naptu2: 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
[size=14pt]Type 056 Corvette[/size]

From Wikipedia

Nigeria

The P18N offshore patrol vessel (OPV) is the variant operated by the Nigerian Navy. The P18N displaces 1800 tons, is 95 m. long, has an endurance of 20 days,[25] a maximum speed of 21 knots (39 km/h)[26] and a range of 3,000 nautical miles (5,600 km) at 14 knots (26 km/h).[25] It has a crew of 75. Armament is reportedly a single NG-16-1 76 mm. gun with a TR47 fire-control radar, two 30 mm. guns, and two 20 mm. guns.[26] The class has an Oil Support Recovery System to combat oil spills.[27] Unlike the Type 056, the P18N has a helicopter hangar.[25]

Nigeria ordered two P18Ns from CSOC in April 2012[28] for US$42 million each.[19] The first was slated to be completed in China, with the final 50–70% of the second being completed at the Nigerian Naval Shipyard in Port Harcourt; CSOC was contracted to upgrade the shipyard to facilitate this.[28]

NNS Centenary (F91), the first P18N, was built at the Wuchang Shipyard in Wuhan. It was launched January 2014 and completed trials in October 2014.[26] Centenary left China in December 2014 and arrived in Lagos, Nigeria in February 2015;[25] it was commissioned the same month.[27] Delivery was originally expected in mid-2014.[28]

The second OPV, NNS Unity (F92), was reported in February 2015 to be undergoing outfitting at Wuchang, and was expected to be delivered in 2015.[25] Nigeria had originally expected to receive it in mid-2014 for completion at Port Harcourt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_056_corvette

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by timeup: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
sigiyaya(m): 5:12pm

Nonsense; how can improve the economy of this useless country
go and ask google.
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by mengho(m): 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Well most Chinko products are known for being extremely fake & VERY CHEAP, I just hope this ship won't follow that pattern

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
Needs up arming. Short range missiles at the minimum.
Re: Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria by Surfboard(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
Pictures or...you know the rest grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers People Block Eleme Petrochemical Over Exploitation, Protest With DJ / Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps / Abayomi Awoniyi Decamps To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.