Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Do Catholics Practice The Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Catholics Practice The Religion? (952 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Catholics Practice The Religion? by MIKKYIJEGE(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2009
can somebody answer this question.are the catholics practising the true religion?
Re: Do Catholics Practice The Religion? by viaro: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2009
But what is 'the true religion'? undecided

The way I see it, maybe there are so many things that we may not agree on in terms of doctrine. However, I would say that we learn to have our own convictions and not use our own preferences to judge others unnecessarily. I cannot hide the fact that there are many things I've benefitted from Catholic scholarship. The rest that I don't understand, I ask God for understanding since my own practice is not the authority for all other Christians.

As regards what is 'true religion', the only time I remember coming across something close to that connotation in Scripture is in James 1:27 where it says that "pure" and "undefiled" religion before God the Father is to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. In that case, I think that many Catholics tick the boxes on that.

What do you think?
Re: Do Catholics Practice The Religion? by rotimy(m): 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2009
Go and ask the Pope and he will tell you that Catholicism is not a dope but a religion of hope!
Re: Do Catholics Practice The Religion? by KunleOshob(m): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2009
@poster
Is there any church today that is practising/ preaching the true religion?
Re: Do Catholics Practice The Religion? by Zikkyy(m): 10:38am On Oct 13, 2009
viaro:

But what is 'the true religion'? undecided

Thank You. I was about asking the same question.
Re: Do Catholics Practice The Religion? by jagunlabi(m): 12:44pm On Oct 13, 2009
Do all christians practice the "true religion"(whatever that is)?
Does any christian practice the "true religion"?
Does any faithhead of any religion practice the socalled "true religion"?
And yes, what the hell is this socalled "true religion"?Can someone define it?
Re: Do Catholics Practice The Religion? by agathamari(f): 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2009
there is no such thing as the "true religion"

religion is :Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
Re: Do Catholics Practice The Religion? by africhika(f): 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2009
no such thing as a true religion.

the goal should not be to practice religion. religion is man-made.
the goal should be to be spiritual. spiruality is God-made
Re: Do Catholics Practice The Religion? by Spyker: 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2009
Practicing ones religion is an individual affair. Asking if Catholics practice their religion is like asking the egg and the chicken, which came first.

(1) (Reply)

A Very Urgent Warning And Message From Our Lord Jesus! Pls: Take Heed! / Is It Possible For A Nigerian Ploice Officer To Make Heaven / Share Inspiration Form Our Sunday School Lesson For The Week!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.