Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki (71773 Views)

Children's International School In Pictures / Chochmah International School's Teachers' Quaters, Owned By Salvation Ministry / N3m As Tuition Fees At Children International School, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by gabe: 11:21am On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

Where did you get your data from? I am telling you that you don't have sufficient data to conclude as such. I have read about and followed the life of a few people who attended such schools and I noticed that they have more success rates than the people who attends common sense schools. From Ojukwu(Epsom College) to Saraki to Femi Fanikayode(Harrow) to Obi Asika(Eton),name them, they have more success rates more.These are the schools CIS is competing with.
How many AIS,Saint Savior, BIS alumnus have you met in your life. How many will you find among those graduates who applied for the last immigration exercise, how many of them do you see on ipob or militant lists? Yet these schools have been existing for years. I even doubt if you have any AIS or CIS alumnus On Nairaland, they will probably be following Linda Ikeji blog .
u funny gan. It was connect, not their pricey schooling...
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by oluwalewis(m): 11:21am On Sep 22, 2016
fighal:
The beauty of pidgin English A Warri mum called her son Ochuko on phone; Ochuko: Hello maleee Mum: Ochuko, that meat & fish don boil? Ochuko: Yes oo malee Mum: Abeg implicate salt & maggi, attach oil, pepper & sentence the crayfish and other small small fish dem to death ....then involve the leaves ...after 10 mins, discharge the pot from fire. You dey hear me so? Ochuko: yes malee ... shuoo, this food go good to download with Eba o! Mum: No worry, I don already detain some fufu for cooler... when time reach we go give dem amnesty.
that amnesty go make brain
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by wayodude(m): 11:22am On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

Which British are you talking about? Please read and stop disgracing your teachers. Eton is free? Sevenoaks is free? Harrow School is free? Cheltenham Ladies is free? Search for top schools in England and find out which one is free. None of the top schools in England is free and they are called independent schools(private schools) like we have in Nigeria.The free schools are the Yeye Yeye government run public schools like most countries have.

In England Public schools are held in higher regard than private schools. wink

Eton and Harrow are certainly not private schools lol

2 Likes

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Babsjad(m): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2016
Donemc:
God! Oluwa bless me, so my kids will have quality education, not quantity education.

Amen. The money is too much,that's why it is called quantity education & not quality. There are many unknown or unheard off schools in Lagos with moderate school fees that provides quality education than the money & affluent school in quote.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Lilimax(f): 11:32am On Sep 22, 2016
Pidggin:
When your wealth is cursed this is how you spend it. God will take away your wisdom and you will become foolish. Many Catholic schools give sound education, missionary schools are just as good or even better but since there is a curse on their wealth they spend it this way.

To each his own
lol

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by nextprince: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2016
MariamAlheri:

I'm telling u.....and dey wld b paying deir staff, especially d teachers #50-80k! Wickednes!!!!
What's this one saying? Let me tell you, these schools don't recruit quacks. They go for the best, the very best and u don't expect the best to settle for peanuts, do u? All the teachers in those schools are big boys fyi. They don't even accept corpers and when they do, they are not given the roles of classroom teachers.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Nihilist: 11:34am On Sep 22, 2016
wayodude:

That guy is a clown. My wife attended a private school called Lincoln Minster where the school fees was over 12000 pounds a year.My MiL was telling me how she used to brag her kids were in private school, but almost cry when she saw the bill.

Oddly, the top performing school in that city(and the 14th best school in the entire UK) is called the Priory Academy, and guess what? it's free.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2016
oluwalewis:

that amnesty go make brain
i dae tell u bro
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by ore16: 11:36am On Sep 22, 2016
Dandsome:
Recession is not for everybody.

TRUE TALK .
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Stanbeto: 11:40am On Sep 22, 2016
I know the sch after secondary they will give you MSc

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by naptu2: 11:41am On Sep 22, 2016
1) This kind of schools exist everywhere (go check out the school fees at Institut Le Rosey, Salisbury and other such schools).

2) It's up to parents to decide if they want to send their kids to these schools. It's up to the parent to decide if the standard of education is worth the fees that they pay.

3) There will be kids who will attend these schools and do well in life, just as there will also be kids who will attend these schools and do badly. It's the same for all schools.

4) It will be totally wrong for the government to close the schools down just because of the high school fees that they charge.

5) What the government should do is to tax these schools and use the tax to fund improvements in government owned schools (especially state and local government owned schools).

6) State internal revenue services should also investigate people who send their children to these schools to make sure that they've paid their taxes. The state revenue services should report parents with dubious sources of income to the EFCC.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 11:41am On Sep 22, 2016
wayodude:

I said Independent Schools, only liken it to private schools to assist the understanding of most people who are struggling with the differences in the school standards.
I don't know where you got your wrong information about the British preferring public schools to Independent Schools.That Schools like Harrow have produced the highest number of British Prime Ministers and it's an independent school tells you where the British elites prefer to send their children to.
Independent Schools even set up their own special examination boards called ISEB and ask even British kids if ISEB exams are cheap. The top schools are mostly preferred by the British elite and most of these top schools are the independent schools.
Let's stop this cycle of misinformation you are indulging in, it's killing those already ignorant of the system. Some of them here even think that every school takes WAEC!!!
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Miraculousamuel(m): 11:42am On Sep 22, 2016
Teempakguy:
I'm sure the students who are attending are extraordinary geniuses.

Na which kain talk be dah one

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Miraculousamuel(m): 11:42am On Sep 22, 2016
Teempakguy:
I'm sure the students who are attending are extraordinary geniuses.

Na which kain talk be dah one
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by helovesme(f): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

Where did you get your data from? I am telling you that you don't have sufficient data to conclude as such. [b]I have read about and followed the life of a few people who attended such schools and I noticed that they have more success rates than the people who attends common sense schools. From Ojukwu(Epsom College) to Saraki to Femi Fanikayode(Harrow) to Obi Asika(Eton),name them, they have more success rates more.[/b]These are the schools CIS is competing with.
How many AIS,Saint Savior, BIS alumnus will you find among those graduates who applied for the last immigration exercise, how many of them do you see on ipob or militant lists? Yet these schools have been existing for years. I even doubt if you have any AIS or CIS alumnus On Nairaland, they will probably be following Linda Ikeji blog

You are spot on.

You can always tell the difference in kids that are privately educated.

Politics and tribal sentiments aside - just listen to ojukwu and fani kayode when they speak.

Check out the educational background of those at the helm of affairs at hedge funds, FTSE 100 companies, etc. Most of them had top notch education.

Quality education doesn't come cheap.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:44am On Sep 22, 2016
Its a very big shame that this is even being talked about.

A Poor man will always reason like a poor man.

Do you think all that fees is just for education only. If that is your thought, then you truly have a poor man's mentality.

First of all, these schools are not in the league of the average schools you see around.

In addition to the educational inputs, parents are also paying for the opportunity to rub shoulders with the high and mighty.

For these parents its not really about the fees. Its the oppourtunity to network.

Imagine my son or daughter in Day Waterman, or Greensprings or the Grange. It means I would likely come in contact with someone in the mold of a Dangote or and an Ovia or a Soludo or an Emefiele or even a Buhari sef. Tell me if I run into such people in PTA meetings or while going to drop my kids, do you not think that is a window of oppourtunity.

Does that oppourtunity compare with the fees I am paying knowing that I can use that influence to my child's advantage at some point in his future?

This kind of reasoning is the same reason why a lot of people will never get out of poverty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 11:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Nihilist:

That guy is a clown. My wife attended a private school called Lincoln Minster where the school fees was over 12000 pounds a year.My MiL was telling me how she used to brag her kids were in private school, but almost cry when she saw the bill.

Oddly, the top performing school in that city(and the 14th best school in the entire UK) is called the Priory Academy and guess what? it's free.

Don't let anyone deceive you, The bolded are not top independent schools like Harrow, Eton, Woldingham, SevenOaks, Cheltenham ladies etc.
Children or parents who send their children to the top independent schools or CIS are not on this Nairaland forum.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by helovesme(f): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2016
/emiomoadeoye

You are right about everything you've posted and also about the added benefits of networking. It's not even the benefits for the parents but for the kids themselves.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

WAEC is trash.WAEC that can't even guarantee the honesty of the invigilators hired by it or abolish miracle centres that litter the south east.
Our education system is trashy doesn't mean we have not seen smart people who identified the missing gap early and worked hard to make up that knowledge deficit and are clearly reaping from it now. Just put the content of our textbooks for high school next to the content of the British or American textbooks and you will be so disappointed. I know that we're a resource limited nation but we can do better. India is doing a lot in that regard, even neighbouring Ghana is doing better in monitoring the quality of their education system.

1)Look at this mistake of a human being saying miracle centres litter southeast...Which state in Southeast do you see governors as ajimobi closing schools till pupils write him apology letter? which state in Southeast do you see religious crisis and confusion as caused by governor of osun in PUBLIC school?...which state in Southeast do you see governors as Amosun getting confused about whereabouts of bailout fund to pay salaries of teachers?...Even under Fashola, public schools were in shambles and he was promoting private schools ...And you wonder why they perform better than you? Academic performances are not determined by SW media propaganda hence Southeast keeps trashing you in all MDGs goals? cheesy See Osun state which SW media taunted has GDP greater than all Southeast states put together has been turned into IDP camps where missionaries send relief materials cheesy

2)See illiterate forming education guru...British education curriculum or American education curriculum is tailored to meet the needs of that environment taking note of vagaries of nature...So also Nigeria curriculum...Textbook is different from curriculum...Textbooks aren't outdated but can be updated...Nigeria isn't lacking textbooks...

3)Weac just like any examination body in the world don't manufacture humans but make do with available resources in any given environment...Is their need for improvement? YES!!! but are they trash? NO!!!...Is SW education system better than any rehegions education? Yes but it is ONLY boko Haram ravaged northeast...others are far ahead of them wink

I keep asking what kind of business ideas do you market when your reasoning is wack cheesygrin

2 Likes

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by miqos02(m): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2016
hmmmm
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by helovesme(f): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2016
wayodude:

Huh!!

What are you saying?

Eton and Harrow are private schools.

There will always be top rated public schools/academys/grammar schools but you cannot fault the quality education from the likes of Eton.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 11:58am On Sep 22, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

1)Look at this mistake of a human being saying miracle centres litter southeast...Which state in Southeast do you see governors as ajimobi closing schools till pupils write him apology letter? which state in Southeast do you see religious crisis and confusion as caused by governor of osun in PUBLIC school?...which state in Southeast do you see governors as Amosun getting confused about whereabouts of bailout fund to pay salaries of teachers?...Even under Fashola, public schools were in shambles and he was promoting private schools ...And you wonder why they perform better than you? Academic performances are not determined by SW media propaganda hence Southeast keeps trashing you in all MDGs goals? cheesy See Osun state which SW media taunted has GDP greater than all Southeast states put together has been turned into IDP camps where missionaries send relief materials cheesy

2)See illiterate forming education guru...British education curriculum or American education curriculum is tailored to meet the needs of that environment taking note of vagaries of nature...So also Nigeria curriculum...Textbook is different from curriculum...Textbooks aren't outdated but can be updated...Nigeria isn't lacking textbooks...

3)Weac just like any examination body in the world don't manufacture humans but make do with available resources in any given environment...Is their need for improvement? YES!!! but are they trash? NO!!!...Is SW education system better than any rehegions education? Yes but it is ONLY boko Haram ravaged northeast...others are far ahead of them wink

I keep asking what kind of business ideas do you market when your reasoning is wack cheesygrin
You are not coordinated in your thoughts so I will limit myself to educating you. I am a Nigerian patriot and the idea is that we have a lot to do to help our kids get the best of education.
In their age of global village, a child learning in one village in Zamfara should be able to cope with his academic agemate in Tokyo, Hamburg or Canterbury.
It's a wake up call for the authorities to do more. It's a shame when we read the amount of results cancelled as a result of cheating and when our university graduates fumble in meeting their responsibility to their society.
The notoriety of the south east miracle centres is legendary.It is the responsibility of the authorities to stop these business men from ruining the future of our kids and nation.
Nobody will write exams for you in schools like CIS!!

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by abouzaid: 11:59am On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

Where did you get your data from? I am telling you that you don't have sufficient data to conclude as such. I have read about and followed the life of a few people who attended such schools and I noticed that they have more success rates than the people who attends common sense schools. From Ojukwu(Epsom College) to Saraki to Femi Fanikayode(Harrow) to Obi Asika(Eton),name them, they have more success rates more.These are the schools CIS is competing with.
How many AIS,Saint Savior, BIS alumnus have you met in your life. How many will you find among those graduates who applied for the last immigration exercise, how many of them do you see on ipob or militant lists? Yet these schools have been existing for years. I even doubt if you have any AIS or CIS alumnus On Nairaland, they will probably be following Linda Ikeji blog .
the people you listed had their education when most were illiterates and have influential parents to provide the connections they needed to succeeded. for example ojukwu was the first university graduate to be recruited into the Nigerian army and his father was the first recorded billionaire in west Africa according to some sources.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by NL1960: 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lilimax:
Mr professor, can you afford the school? embarassed If yes, good for you! #teamCatholicSchool embarassed

But most Catholic schools cost past government public schools now. Abi, which one you go?.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Nihilist: 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

Don't let anyone deceive you, The bolded are not top independent schools like Harrow, Eton, Woldingham, SevenOaks, Cheltenham ladies etc.
Children or parents who send their children to the top independent schools or CIS are not on this Nairaland forum.
I never said they were in the same league as Eton. One is a very expensive independent school. The other is free. Yet the free one has an 'outstanding' ranking from Ofsted. The expensive one does not.

CIS is not even known outside Lekki. It offers no tangible benefits to your child's education. It offers no real advantage in life. Even by the so called 'British educational standards' it is not even a top school.(Look at it's Ofsted report). CIS is a scam being sold to gullible Nigerians like yourself.

It makes no sense to pay such fees to such a school if quality of education is the main motivation, when higher standards of teaching can be obtained elsewhere...for FREE.

This is just another way for Nigerians to show off. Look at me - I spend 6m on my Child's primary school educattion.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by naptu2: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
helovesme:

Huh!!

What are you saying?

Eton and Harrow are private schools.

There will always be top rated public schools/academys/grammar schools but you cannot fault the quality education from the likes of Eton.

The term public schools actually refers to fee paying private schools.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by abouzaid: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
Businessideas:

You are not coordinated in your thoughts so I will limit myself to educating you. I am a Nigerian patriot and the idea is that we have a lot to do to help our kids get the best of education.
In their age of global village, a child learning in one village in Zamfara should be able to cope with his academic agemate in Tokyo, Hamburg or Canterbury.
It's a wake up call for the authorities to do more. It's a shame when we read the amount of results cancelled as a result of cheating and when our university graduates fumble in meeting their responsibility to their society.
The notoriety of the south east miracle centres is legendary.It is the responsibility of the authorities to stop these business men from ruining the future of our kids and nation.
Nobody will write exams for you in schools like CIS!!
a nice post until you dragged the south east into it, here in the north, answers are written on the board for students who couldn't make a coherent statement in English to make their results, many teachers can't communicate in English and lecturers are tragic clowns.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2016
abouzaid:
the people you listed had their education when most were illiterates and have influential parents to provide the connections they needed to succeeded. for example ojukwu was the first university graduate to be recruited into the Nigerian army and his father was the first recorded billionaire in west Africa according to some sources.
I'm not talking about their families, I am using these examples to show that these schools some people are hating on have more success rates than they think.
Most of the few surviving indigenous second generation business are now being managed by a generation of people who got this expensive international education. What value did their parents see in sending their children to those schools? Did they get value for their investment? Yes of course!!!
It's this kind of education service CIS has brought home, CIS is owned by Nigerians!!
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Nihilist: 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
EMIOMOADEOYE:
Its a very big shame that this is even being talked about.

A Poor man will always reason like a poor man.

Do you think all that fees is just for education only. If that is your thought, then you truly have a poor man's mentality.

First of all, these schools are not in the league of the average schools you see around.

In addition to the educational inputs, parents are also paying for the opportunity to rub shoulders with the high and mighty.

For these parents its not really about the fees. Its the oppourtunity to network.

Imagine my son or daughter in Day Waterman, or Greensprings or the Grange. It means I would likely come in contact with someone in the mold of a Dangote or and an Ovia or a Soludo or an Emefiele or even a Buhari sef. Tell me if I run into such people in PTA meetings or while going to drop my kids, do you not think that is a window of oppourtunity.

Does that oppourtunity compare with the fees I am paying knowing that I can use that influence to my child's advantage at some point in his future?

This kind of reasoning is the same reason why a lot of people will never get out of poverty

LMAO

I just got the mental picture of a parent hiding in the car park after School closes, trying to famz the rich parents of his son's classmates.

I really hope you don't pay expensive schoolfees just to do that. grin

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
abouzaid:
a nice post until you dragged the south east into it, here in the north, answers are written on the board for students who couldn't make a coherent statement in English to make their results, many teachers can't communicate in English and lecturers are tragic clowns.
I beg to disagree. I mentioned the one I know and you added your own to it. We are both putting the facts out there as a form of advocacy so that these bastardization of our education system should stop.
The North isn't particularly favorable to western education but they are honest enough not to be churning out cheats who eventually cheat their way through universities and become another statistics of failed graduate. That's the difference between the South east scenario and the north you mentioned.
Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by NL1960: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
PaperLace:

You won't see them at 'local' competitions like Cowbell. Their target is solely international.
Excursion - Buckingham Palace not Olumo rock...lol

cowbell competition that after all the several months of stress, the winner goes home with a pittance. The winners of the various singing competitions and beauty pageants get millions while those stressed in cowbell competition get thousands. Na how many rich parents wan stress their kids for such pittance.

1 Like

Re: School Fees At Children's International School, Lekki by Businessideas: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I never said they were in the same league as Eton. One is a very expensive independent school. The other is free. Yet the free one has an 'outstanding' ranking from Ofsted. The expensive one does not.

CIS is not even known outside Lekki. It offers no tangible benefits to your child's education. It offers no real advantage in life. Even by the so called 'British educational standards' it is not even a top school.(Look at it's Ofsted report). CIS is a scam being sold to gullible Nigerians like yourself.

It makes no sense to pay such fees to such a school if quality of education is the main motivation, when higher standards of teaching can be obtained elsewhere...for FREE.

This is just another way for Nigerians to show off. Look at me - I spend 6m on my Child's primary school educattion.
You don't know jack about these things you are writing about so I advice you to be humble enough to learn. You don't know CIS, you don't have a child there, you are now running them down because you can't afford their school fees.
Find out about the school, the expatriates and wealthy Nigerians who send their children to CIS are not as dumb as you think.
You are making the same mistake you did with wrong categorization of UK schools.
O ga o!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Institution With The Highest Yahoo Boys / Snakes Take Over Auchi Polytechnic, Student Runs Out Unclad From Bathroom / Meet The 15 Finest Girls In UNILAG.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.