Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally (34011 Views)

Nigerian-canadian Citizen Illegally Detained By Border Patrol For 8 Months / I Saw This Condom Dispenser In A Bank In Kenya (Photo) / Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by banmee(m): 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Bifwoli:

Other than immediate west African neighbours ,does Nigeria have plenty of other Africans who move to reside there? By this a mean africans from further afield like Mozambicans,Ethiopians,Ugandans,Rwandese,Senegalese or Malawians?

You have just proven my point. Nigerians will go far as asia to dodge their fate in Nigeria, but you will not see other countries citizens here because they know Nigeria is total and complete rubbish. Did a stop over in Kenya once and spent three days there. From what i experienced with how they maintain and distribute power, they are miles and eons away from anything Nigeria has to offer. They are not the best but compared to Nigeria, Kenya is paradise.

8 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by LadyX(f): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
numericalguy:

The bolded aptly describes you.
If that were the case, I'd have said that Nigerians are ritualists, fraudsters, etc. But I can't generalise because I know that every society has a few bad people.
The same cannot be said about many people on this forum who think that all Kenyans are poor and hungry and that Kenya is underdeveloped. That's why some people think that what I wrote about Kenya can only be found in Europe. Why? Because they only think negative things about Kenya. Some people are getting defensive and abusive here because they have realised that Kenya is way better than they thought.

Anyway, the aim of my post was to shed light about Kenya and give a clear picture. Whether Nigeria is the giant of Africa or not is not the issue here.

5 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by KekeNash(f): 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
[quote author=LadyX post=49619645]
You don't know me to tell me that

Besides, am not one of those people who've been brainwashed to think only negative things about others. If that was the case, I'd have generalised all the bad things that few Nigerians do...I'd have said they apply to all Nigerians.

Most Nairalanders say negative things about Kenya/Kenyans, that's why I put the bolded [/quote

Truth, they always write bad things about kenyans, they don't even get tired of rubbishing others, I no longer open those topics abt Kenyans, its really disgusting, a real disgust

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ahamonyeka(m): 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
Riddler32:

Do me a favour, buy a ticket to kenya. When you arrive get your visa at the entry with $50 and see the difference between the two Nations.
Kenya is a wonderful place, pretty good weather, consumable oxygen, beautiful citizen willing to assist for free and a peaceful place.
Nevertheless, the babes are in a whole world of their own, taking ownership, getting involved and picking up the bills. Not hard to please the Kenyan ladies.
To this end, most Nigerian won't want to come back.
ehhhmmm bia are you a male or female?
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by muredo(m): 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
LadyX:

Are you sure the country mentioned is not upto to your feet?
Are you aware of the following facts about Kenya?
1. Education

-There is free primary education in Kenya
-Secondary education fee is subsidised i.e the government pays part of the fee
- University students are given loans by the government to pay fees+ accommodation,etc. The loans are repaid when graduates start working.
So whether you come from a poor or rich family you can get educated easily...the only difference is that some rich people take their kids to private schools, which are expensive

2. Health
-There is free maternal health care i.e women deliver free of charge in public hospitals
-Children under 5 are treated free of charge in govt hospitals
-Accident victims can be treated in any hospital before they pay even a kobo. So this prevents unnecessary deaths....can you say the same about .. ? It's against the law to turn away a patient in an emergency situation

3. Ever heard of 24/7 electricity supply?
Electricity is cheap. People don't use generators. Think of the money spent by Nigerians in buying generators, fuels, etc. What could people be doing with such money? Developing themselves. Think of the noise and smoke from generators...think of the lives lost to generator fumes. Kenyans don't experience these

Come to think of it.. if Kenya is as bad as some Nigerian bloggers and Nairalanders want to make you believe, what were the 17 Nigerians doing there? Why didn't they leave when their visas expired? Why couldn't they renew their visas? The area that they were living in is not even a middle class suburb in Nairobi. It's just an ordinary place .... meaning they weren't able to live in places where expatriates and who is who in Nairobi live

There are so many positive facts I can write about Kenya, but lemme stop here

To all the people with negative opinions about Kenya, Google is your friend

My sis you are 100% accurate,I studied there,Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, wi-fi everywhere in school, my apartment, free internet, water, electricity to badddd!!!!!, transportation to cheap die, my health insurance with most recognised hospital in Africa AGHA KHAN hospital, omo let me just stop there, Omo Naija get as e be, To cap it all,go to JKIA, Haaaaaaa!!!!, MMIA na rubbish

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by lereinter(m): 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2016
LadyX:

Ask Nigerians that live in Kenya whether that is true or not. Better still, visit Kenya and see for yourself.
www.helb.co.ke can quickly show you what I said about university education

The thing is when people have been brainwashed to believe wrong things about others, it becomes hard to change that mindset. In addition, many people think that all Africans live in poverty and suffer

I don't need to go

You can go and bring reasonable evidence

Ve said my own...

Ladyx indeed...

Is it not Kenya of Westgate attack alshabab attack on university and couldn't get a chopper to reach the venue I mean security..
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by cooltola(m): 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
I just pray SA, Ghana and other fellow African Countries dont copy Kenya.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by cooltola(m): 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nigeria is a giant that is going through a hard time. I do believe that we Nigerians will endure this difficult period and will become stronger. It is sad that our past leaders have failed us but we still have hope for a better tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by billyG(m): 2:36am On Sep 24, 2016
LadyX:

Are you sure the country mentioned is not upto to your feet?
Are you aware of the following facts about Kenya?
1. Education

-There is free primary education in Kenya
-Secondary education fee is subsidised i.e the government pays part of the fee
- University students are given loans by the government to pay fees+ accommodation,etc. The loans are repaid when graduates start working.
So whether you come from a poor or rich family you can get educated easily...the only difference is that some rich people take their kids to private schools, which are expensive

2. Health
-There is free maternal health care i.e women deliver free of charge in public hospitals
-Children under 5 are treated free of charge in govt hospitals
-Accident victims can be treated in any hospital before they pay even a kobo. So this prevents unnecessary deaths....can you say the same about .. ? It's against the law to turn away a patient in an emergency situation

3. Ever heard of 24/7 electricity supply?
Electricity is cheap. People don't use generators. Think of the money spent by Nigerians in buying generators, fuels, etc. What could people be doing with such money? Developing themselves. Think of the noise and smoke from generators...think of the lives lost to generator fumes. Kenyans don't experience these

Come to think of it.. if Kenya is as bad as some Nigerian bloggers and Nairalanders want to make you believe, what were the 17 Nigerians doing there? Why didn't they leave when their visas expired? Why couldn't they renew their visas? The area that they were living in is not even a middle class suburb in Nairobi. It's just an ordinary place .... meaning they weren't able to live in places where expatriates and who is who in Nairobi live

There are so many positive facts I can write about Kenya, but lemme stop here

To all the people with negative opinions about Kenya, Google is your friend
If kenya who does hav any crude oil resources can do this,9jeria why?why are u fantastically corrupt?
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 2:56am On Sep 24, 2016
I love the way Nigerians living in Kenya are speaking positively. After all Kenyan women slurs I have read on NL, I recently cautioned my young outgoing and loud friend to be weary of Nigerian men in Kenya or she may find herself on NL front page (There were a few taking tea or something next to us). I now believe it's just a few young minds who are bent on disparaging us. Probably the 419ers.

What I've noticed about Nigerians in Kenya is that the live in groups. They can rent an entire flat unmixed with Kenyans, which makes them more noticeable. It's probably for support and to feel more secure and to avoid local trouble makers. But the problem is one person doing the wrong thing can lead to the rest being suspects.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by macminista(m): 3:14am On Sep 24, 2016
ahamonyeka:
United states of nigeria is the only country where goats,chickens and dogs can enter freely and do anyhow.imagine Kenya but why is nigerians all over the country even country that are not up to our feet?anywhere you see a nigerian arrested it must be for crime.

my broda na d change wey BUBU promised us cheesy grin
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 4:44am On Sep 24, 2016
LadyX:

If that were the case, I'd have said that Nigerians are ritualists, fraudsters, etc. But I can't generalise because I know that every society has a few bad people.
The same cannot be said about many people on this forum who think that all Kenyans are poor and hungry and that Kenya is underdeveloped. That's why some people think that what I wrote about Kenya can only be found in Europe. Why? Because they only think negative things about Kenya. Some people are getting defensive and abusive here because they have realised that Kenya is way better than they thought.

Anyway, the aim of my post was to shed light about Kenya and give a clear picture. Whether Nigeria is the giant of Africa or not is not the issue here.

Matters are not helped when people who should know better blurt out like this caption below. Am told he is a former government minister .

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 4:59am On Sep 24, 2016
muredo:

My sis you are 100% accurate,I studied there,Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, wi-fi everywhere in school, my apartment, free internet, water, electricity to badddd!!!!!, transportation to cheap die, my health insurance with most recognised hospital in Africa AGHA KHAN hospital, omo let me just stop there, Omo Naija get as e be, To cap it all,go to JKIA, Haaaaaaa!!!!, MMIA na rubbish
It beats me why alot of your countrymen think we are a dump, when we are infact a major diplomatic capital and alot of foreigners who want a feel of Africa choose Nairobi or Kenya as their first or preferred port of call. Am not trying to market ourselves here, am just stating a perception of Kenya amongst the outside world is overly positive and is by all means a leading African nation.

As for pictures of native tribesmen they are bombarded with, i have this to say: we are a very multi cultural country and those images are more of a marketing gimmick. Loads of Kenyans i know feel that this approach by the country's tourism authorities does not reflect Kenya well and infact alienates 90% of them. Infact, many want a total rebrand of the country. Those tribesmen are no doubt a part of the nation ,but are by no means a ubiquitous sight, except where they are the indigenes.

4 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 7:36am On Sep 24, 2016
Hbuyosh:

Primitive? Dont u guys read.....about other countries in Africa?
No wonder this Nigerian actor made this ridiculous confession!

https://tuko.co.ke/115096-surprised-nigerian-actor-mike-ezuruonye-arrived-kenya.html

I hope i shall still be alive, praise God, to see the day when our Brand Kenya people enlist him to do that!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 24, 2016
banmee:

You would think since they have gotten the opportunity to go a better country, they would use the opportunity to upgrade their mentality but no. They want to keep their Nigerian mentality in a normal society. All they talk about is how to amass plenty of dollars or Euro so they can come back and "oppress". What kind of thought process is that?
You can take the man out of the jungle bit you cant take tue jungle out of the man

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 24, 2016
ilenaira:

My sister, don't mind them. Some people are so ignorant it is unbelievable. They are the giants of Africa in boasting only. The shame is that most of them don't even know it.

Come again, slooooowwwwly this time grin grin

The only country that has negative reviews about Kenya is Nigeria. I too blame ignorance.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Kenyanstar: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2016
For those ignorant guys that tend to paint Kenya in bad light in order to make themselves feel better about their crap country, here is a preview of Kenya..
PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Matatu which is the equivalent of your Danfo

4 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2016
cooltola:
I just pray SA, Ghana and other fellow African Countries dont copy Kenya.

In terms of?

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Kenyanstar: 9:55am On Sep 24, 2016
PUBLIC RAIL TRANSPORT
90% of it is complete
Both are designed for passengers and cargo

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Kenyanstar: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2016
AIR TRANSPORT
Jomo Kenyatta Int. Airport
The lounge & waiting bay

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 24, 2016
Kenyanstar:
PUBLIC RAIL TRANSPORT
90% of it is complete
Both are designed for passengers and cargo

Bro stop it now, you don't have to go that far. I'm not even Kenyan but I know Kenya is way advanced than the giant.

Nigerians will only push forward excessively casual threads just for laughs and only the enlightened can understand.

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by LadyX(f): 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
ThunderingHooves:

Matters are not helped when people who should know better blurt out like this caption below. Am told he is a former government minister .
What a shame! Imagine the amount of ignorance and hate he's exhibited in his posts.
It's funny how he reasons like a 19th century colonists. Did you see him saying that the worst Nigerian is better than the best Kenyan...if he's supposedly exposed, what would those in the village say?
How can the worst Nigerian be better than the best Kenyan when:

- I haven't seen Kenyan students begging online for school fees, whereas that is a common thing in Nigerian. So many people begging for fees, even on this forum.
-patients without money are not attended to in Nigerian hospitals, but in Kenya you are treated first before you pay

Given the 2 examples, if you are in Kenya, you can get educated easily and treated in case yiu you are sick. So who is better than who?

The thing that misleads some people is "the giant of Africa".
A country like South Africa is very developed and it will take Nigeria several years to get there, but I don't see South Africans insulting other people.

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by banmee(m): 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
Babzilla:

You can take the man out of the jungle bit you cant take tue jungle out of the man

You can say that again.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Kenyanstar: 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
Roads Infrastructure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Bifwoli: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
Pavore9:

Don't limit your definition of sweet to promiscuity.

There are so much that makes life sweet.....you never have to bother about putting on a generator nor queue for fuel. You have access to cheap food, you can walk into a Forex shop with just your ID and buy any foreign currency of your choice. Both domestic and international flights are way cheaper in Kenya than back home. Get opportunity to mix with so many people from different parts of the world over a cup of coffee thus opening doors for one. One can decides to go chill out in one beach resorts in the coastal region and white sands and blueish Indian ocean or go camp out in one of the National parks and feel nature!

That is my definition of sweet! cheesy
Get opportunity to mix with so many people from different parts of the world " ....you know i was surprised to see so many Senegalese resident in Kenya pleading with their president during the just concluded TICAD6 conference to intervene and make their stay and travel into kenya more of "an assured thing". I also didn't know there were Ivorians resident there too (but then again i'm rarely in kenya hence my being in the dark)
"

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
Bifwoli:

Get opportunity to mix with so many people from different parts of the world " ....you know i was surprised to see so many Senegalese resident in Kenya pleading with their president during the just concluded TICAD6 conference to intervene and make their stay and travel into kenya more of "an assured thing". I also didn't know there were Ivorians resident there too (but then again i'm rarely in kenya hence my being in the dark)
"

It is a melting pot.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Bifwoli: 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hbuyosh:
Well, but they are coming to Kenya in droves, many have established successful businesses here. Never heard of Kenyans moving to Nigeria for greener pasture though.

http://www.theafricareport.com/East-Horn-Africa/day-in-a-life-from-nigeria-to-kenya-to-make-some-dough.html

It surprises me mightily that someone would come all that way just for small time husttle.

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
With the way things are going nigeria will be worse off than Afghanistan.Already the nigerian agric minister has predicted b4 dec tht a bag of rice will cost 45 thousand naira.the naira is now 436 to a dollar and crashing further.most state govs are owing their civil servants backlog of salaries.our leaders are going on expensive holiday trips to ibiza,capri,monaco,new york etc..... wasting the taxpayers money on white hookers,expensive wines,illicit drugs and we comparing our country to kenya shocked
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 11:14am On Sep 25, 2016
Hbuyosh:

Nobody is saying that Kenya is 100% perfect, and that it is in every aspect better than Nigeria. Kenya too has its challenges as a country, it still a developing country after all.
Nigeria is better than Kenya in some areas whilst Kenya is advanced in others. These insults u are showering on the country and its pipo are unnecessary.

We can use the survey evidence to prove the areas in which these two countries fair better than the each other, they are aplenty online.

don't bother trying to prove jacksh1t to that responder. You risk the danger of becoming as 1 dimensional as him/her. His world has been shaped by images/imagination and little or no facts, hence that sort of response which is rife on NL.

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Kenyanstar: 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
Sincerely speaking Nigeria is one country even a Somali refugee would rather stay in his war torn country than migrate to. The number of total nationals from other countries are in excess of 7m that have decided to settle in Kenya due to its serene social, economic, political & security reasons. Despite the Alshabaab menace the security agents have managed to contain.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by mixxtv: 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
Kenyanstar:
For those ignorant guys that tend to paint Kenya in bad light in order to make themselves feel better about their crap country, here is a preview of Kenya..
PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Matatu which is the equivalent of your Danfo
hapo sawa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Dies As Truck Loaded With Petroleum Product Crashes In Anambra (Photos) / Minna-Bound Train Derailed In Jebba, 2 Die, I'm Among The Survivors / Groomsman Dies In Accident Involving Newly Married Couple In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.