Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally (34020 Views)

Nigerian-canadian Citizen Illegally Detained By Border Patrol For 8 Months / I Saw This Condom Dispenser In A Bank In Kenya (Photo) / Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by chebeoc(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=MtuMsuper post=49825265][/quote]

Unfortunately I have been to more than 20 countries from europe to asia and africa and no where kenya stand near Nigeria physical except in internet where people like you have mouth, I noticed that young nigerians don't have heart for competition anymore they look where things are easy to do, but after running around they still come back to play second fiddle to those at home.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
chebeoc:
[quote author=Pavore9

I don't have to reply that kenya dude because all he rant about are all what internet told him.
Come to you, even when nigerian government are not giving the masses electricity, individuals generate power by themselves than kenya, if you doubt let check satellite images of nigeria and kenya at night to know where is more light up. No fuel queue in kenya with how many cars, there are more cars in lagos alone to compare all kenya. Internet connectivity i don't know what you mean by nigeria still need 20 millions to meet up with kenya because more than 70 millions nigerians use mobile phones to surf internet and population of kenya is less than that.Talking about business i don't know where i'll start to educate you, Nigeria economy is bigger than east africa economy that's why you see big companies from india and China come to nigeria and prosper. every year nigeria economy produce many dollar millionaires i don't know how many east africa economy produce all together you're talking about kenya. even if nigeria have 60% poverty rate 40% is 72 million people which bigger than all kenya.

You think running generators with its attendant cost, noise and pollution is an achievement? shocked

Attributing the re-occurring fuel scarcity to the number of vehicles in Nigeria is laughable! Do Nigeria have the number of vehicles that the U.S have yet do Americans face the fuel scarcity that has become a ritual for us? It is not about the number of vehicles but management of supply and distribution!

Let us do basic arithmetic, if out of 100 million people in Country A, 50 million people have access to internet then Country B with a population of 40 million people, 30 million people have access to internet. Between Country A and Country B, which Country has the higher access?

Nigeria is a big consumer market largely dependent on imports that is why foreigners salivate for it! Why is shoprite doing well in Nigeria and could not enter Kenya? The answer is that majority of what Shoprite sells in Nigeria are products sourced from South Africa while they can not operate that same model in Kenya because many of what they import into Nigeria they can not import them into Kenya because Kenya already have them on ground and even exporting them to the world. Shoprite even sold the outlets it had in Tanzania and Uganda to a Kenyan retail brand because it knows it can't compete but they are BOSS in Nigeria because there are no completion from Nigerians thus one of the reasons the dollar is heading to N500 while Kenyan shillings is stably exchanging for 102ksh to $1.

If l am sending 100,000ksh down to Nigeria today, l am collecting nothing less than N470,000!

I prefer a Country with a lower GDP than Nigeria but where l do not have to bother about running generators, queue up for fuel, where l can easily walk into a Forex shop and in 5 mins come out with the foreign currency of my choice, receive international money transfers straight into my phone line that is not connected to the internet nor a bank account and l go downstairs and cash it out from the kiosk of the woman l buy bread from.

Have an open mind, things are happening outside Nigeria!

8 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by enomakos(m): 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
MadCow1:
- Also in Nigeria (Check the UBE)

Free in Nigeria in most states.

- NANS will kill somebody if the government dares it.. Thats why the University Education in Nigeria is rubbish especially in UNIBEN.. But Imo State University is Free.

- Same in Nigeria.
- Same in Nigeria.
These Laws also apply in Nigeria.. But the fear of the Nigerian Police is why Hospitals will not touch an accident victim without a police report.

- How many them dey for Kenya? angry Anyways, thats not an excuse.. Nigeria's electricity situation is due to little to sero investment in Power by the FG for over 25 years.. But its being worked on..

Even If Nigeria becomes a war ravaged country tomorrow, Kenya can never still be a better Nation than Nigeria in ANYTHING!!.. We no be Mate. We fine pass them.. And the fact that Nigerians were in the country with expired Visas does not mean Kenya is better than Nigeria because I can bet you that there are Kenyans in Nigeria hussling without proper documentation.. We just don't notice them because Nigeria does not give a fhuck about African immigrants living in Nigeria the way the rest of Africa obsesses with Nigerian immigrants in their country.

The last time Nigeria obessed about African immigrants in Nigeria was when we evicted the Ghanaians from our country in the early 80's and thats because they brought their useless jollof rice to Nigeria that almost killed off the nation.

Kenya is just a wildlife reserve of Africa where people with long forehead live in harmony with Zebras and Monkeys.. When Americans say Africans live in villages amongst animals, they are talking about Kenya.. grin

The only Good thing to come out of Kenya is Obama and he wasnt even born there.. grin
only madcow can do this
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by enomakos(m): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
Pavore9:

Buying rate-102ksh in forex shops, 104-105ksh in banks.
how much is 105ksh in naira?
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
enomakos:
how much is 105ksh in naira?

About N500 going by today's exchange rate.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by chebeoc(m): 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=Pavore9

Pollution and your daring kenyan still use coal to generate power. stop comparing Nigeria with America we're still developing country.for business shoplite don't have any reason to stay in east africa because nigerian middle class are more than east african middle class combines together so i don't think they have any to stay. And because nigerian rich men are not looking towards Retail business doesn't mean they are not doing well in their field, we're close in taking over oil and gas business in our country which nigeria is known for and investing in many african countries even in your east africa. For exchange rate you're talking of sending 100,000ksh to make 470,000naira and i want to ask you for how many years? any business that give you profit of 100,000ksh in kenya will surely gives you 1million naira in nigeria. things are happening outside nigeria really but not in kenya and nowhere in ss africa except s.africa.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by chebeoc(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
I have come to understand that because how the western media bash nigeria other african countries are looking down on nigeria because of that, the west bash any country they can't pocket. look at China, Iran, North korea and Nigeria , if they don't have power over you you're bad and they say many evil about you. some even put it that nigerians are disgracing other africans nationals then i want to know if it's nigeria that cause American police to be killing blacks or whites to treat blacks like flirt in s.africa before. look we're blacks and the sooner we realized that the white people hate us the better for us to work together and appreciate ourselves and stop comparing and blaming every minute.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by enomakos(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
Pavore9:

About N500 going by today's exchange rate.
thanks bro
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
chebeoc:
[quote author=Pavore9

Pollution and your daring kenyan still use coal to generate power. stop comparing Nigeria with America we're still developing country.for business shoplite don't have any reason to stay in east africa because nigerian middle class are more than east african middle class combines together so i don't think they have any to stay. And because nigerian rich men are not looking towards Retail business doesn't mean they are not doing well in their field, we're close in taking over oil and gas business in our country which nigeria is known for and investing in many african countries even in your east africa. For exchange rate you're talking of sending 100,000ksh to make 470,000naira and i want to ask you for how many years? any business that give you profit of 100,000ksh in kenya will surely gives you 1million naira in nigeria. things are happening outside nigeria really but not in kenya and nowhere in ss africa except s.africa.

"Pollution and your daring kenyan still use coal to generate power"....where did you get your FACT? shocked shocked shocked

Kenya: First Coal-Generated Electricity in September 2017, Says Contractor
http://allafrica.com/stories/201502251481.html

It is you that tied the number of vehicles to the irregular availability of fuel!

Do you have any idea what "And because nigerian rich men are not looking towards Retail business doesn't mean they are not doing well in their field" means? Shoprite is promoting the business of thousands of South African SMEs because of their retail business! A South African strawberry farmer is sure of selling his harvest in Nigeria because Shoprite is there while our strawberry farmers in Plateau State are dealing with losses! angry Why is Shoprite allowed to import even vegetables that can be grown easily in Nigeria, putting money into the pockets of South African farmers while we have land and millions of unemployed Nigerians?

Dangote is setting up a Diary Plant in Kenya where their locally produced fresh milk will be processed into powder milk and exported to Nigeria! Is that good news for Nigerians?

When it comes to exchange rate, there are products indigenous to Nigeria which are loved by Kenyans. The cost of a particular product arriving in Nairobi is N350 and l sell it easily for 350ksh (N1,645), don't think it takes years to have 100,000ksh in one's bank account!

If Kenya has gotten where it is today without dollars from crude oil sales what then will happen when they start exporting their oil from June 2017?

4 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
enomakos:
thanks bro

You are welcome.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
chebeoc:
[quote author=Pavore9

Kenya is yet (as i write now) to produce electricity from coal. A plant is being built even now, but still none. My advice to you, brother, is to keep abreast of happenings across the world, and speak what you know. Alot happens in Africa, a load of things. You seem to be under the impression that nothing at all happens, how sad. Most Kenyans do not take empty chest thumping and grandiosity very well, it would be wise if you heed that if you ever came here.
Listen to our big brother @Pavore9 , he gives a balanced and true picture.

PS: Kenya is not one huge safari park with rhinos and Lions roaming the center of every nook and cranny, it has alot of things am sure you don't know exist here.

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by chebeoc(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=Pavore9
You can believe anything you like, this my ninth year in china and i work with company that do business with many big economies, i knew where they rate nigeria but they never talked about kenya or any country in east africa. you really need to know many things about your country .
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
chebeoc:
[quote author=Pavore9
You can believe anything you like, this my ninth year in china and i work with company that do business with many big economies, i knew where they rate nigeria but they never talked about kenya or any country in east africa. you really need to know many things about your country .

Nigeria is talked about because it is their biggest market destination in Africa! It is like talking about tourism, fresh milk production and horticulture in Africa and dare mention Nigeria before Kenya! cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by chebeoc(m): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=ThunderingHooves
Kenyans ! only on african forums you'll see people comparing kenya to nigeria. Go to any international forum and bring this kind of topic, then come back to tell us what you learn. no time for this.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
chebeoc:
[quote author=Pavore9
You feel it is necessary to call the kettle black? Stick to the topic man! Why don't you visit Kenya with a clear mind, then assess things. Your ignorance of African countries is simply astounding, must you seek opinions from others?
And the most important aspect of this thread is that a group was found living with expired visa, and were arrested after complaints by locals. You obey the law everywhere you go, brother, it's that simple.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ThunderingHooves: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=Pavore9 post=49829059][/quote]
A love of importation will always harm a currency, even the dollar itself.. I know how much you love your fresh milk @Pavore9 , that could be a starting point for you. Our brother has a warped image of Kenya in his mind, how do we help him now?
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Pavore9: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
chebeoc:
[quote author=ThunderingHooves
Kenyans ! only on african forums you'll see people comparing kenya to nigeria. Go to any international forum and bring this kind of topic, then come back to tell us what you learn. no time for this.

Bros, Nigeria is not the best in everything in Africa just as Kenya isn't. We all have what we can learn from each other to improve ourselves. China's love for Nigeria is the money they make from the consuming Nigerian population because l see no reason why Chinese manufactures are outsourcing manufacturing jobs to the local work force in Ethiopia instead of Nigeria because it cheaper for some things such as shoes in Ethiopia than in China. Probably those shoes our brothers are importing from china were probably produced in Ethiopia.

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Bifwoli: 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=Pavore9 post=49829059][/quote]

Lol,this Chebeoc guy is funny.
1)He says the west looks down on Africans yet he's quick to belittle fellow african nations.
2)He uses unfounded excuse of coal power without hard facts to back it up.
3)He says Nigeria is ready to take over oil industry yet it heavilly relies on imported refined petroleum.
4)He likes using sheer raw numbers based on purely on population but he'd never use hard facts using percentages,
5)He says shoprite is out of E,Africa bcuz of its small market yet he overlooks shoprite presence in smaller markets of Botswana,Zambia+Angola.
6)He says business in Nigeria will easilly give you profits of 1m Naira yet we read daily on Nairaland of folks looking to start hussling biz in Ghana,Senegal,Gambia,Kenya etc with much less startup capital.
7)He says companies only wanna do biznes with big african economies yet he overlooks that Nairobi is actually the African headquarters of many multinationals.
coolHe compares the largely oil-export led Nigeria economy as bigger than E,African economies but he doesn't want Nigeria put in comparison with a developed country.He forgets Angola,Libya and Equatorial Guinea have built their outsized economies largely on the strength of one commodity - their oil dependent exports.

Phewww,so much skewed viewpoints,outright blindness and selective application of standards.

4 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by MtuMsuper: 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=Pavore9 post=49826066][/quote]
This i true bro. Tunisia has a smaller gdp than Kenya, but you would never see a Kenyan going to Tunisia to abuse hospitality of the locals or otherwise show disrespect because we all know standards of living and per capita income between the two countries are very different. All we are asking from anyone resident anywhere is to obey law and order at all times. thanks

2 Likes

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
MtuMsuper:

All we are asking from anyone resident anywhere is to obey law and order at all times. thanks

Amen!

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by cutieme(m): 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
@pavore,I am thinking of coming so that u can teach me your online blogging stuff bro,thanks
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Ugosample(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
chebeoc:
I have come to understand that because how the western media bash nigeria other african countries are looking down on nigeria because of that, the west bash any country they can't pocket. look at China, Iran, North korea and Nigeria , if they don't have power over you you're bad and they say many evil about you. some even put it that nigerians are disgracing other africans nationals then i want to know if it's nigeria that cause American police to be killing blacks or whites to treat blacks like flirt in s.africa before. look we're blacks and the sooner we realized that the white people hate us the better for us to work together and appreciate ourselves and stop comparing and blaming every minute.

??
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by amdoyin82(m): 10:48am On Oct 23, 2016
LadyX:

Kenya is very developed with good infrastructure and world class hotels. That's why so many world conferences take place in Nairobi.

It has very many highly educated people too.
waoh! My ignorancy.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by ccollins(m): 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
Riddler32:

Do me a favour, buy a ticket to kenya. When you arrive get your visa at the entry with $50 and see the difference between the two Nations.
Kenya is a wonderful place, pretty good weather, consumable oxygen, beautiful citizen willing to assist for free and a peaceful place.
Nevertheless, the babes are in a whole world of their own, taking ownership, getting involved and picking up the bills. Not hard to please the Kenyan ladies.
To this end, most Nigerian won't want to come back.
I inboxed you please send me a mail,on collins4reall@gmail.com. would love to know more
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by dessy8: 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
My God...Oh Kenyaaa....I cant wait to finally relocate to Kenya come January to commence my film production course...Nigeria I love thee...but please, I'm sorry i gat to go...

But peeps, av you guys noticed that the Kenyans are way more civilized than South Africans? in terms of how they treat us Nigerians....?

jagugu88li:

Bro stop it now, you don't have to go that far. I'm not even Kenyan but I know Kenya is way advanced than the giant.

Nigerians will only push forward excessively casual threads just for laughs and only the enlightened can understand.

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by dessy8: 6:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
If you read that story well, you will notice that man moved to Kenya from the village..He probably had no skill or qualification..Fast forward 7years later, hes got about 3miilion naira in his savings and still counting....got a wife and kids,,and a fluorishing business too..That my friend, is somthing,, for a village man with no skills or education whatsoever...

Bifwoli:

It surprises me mightily that someone would come all that way just for small time husttle.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by dessy8: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
Why are you just carrying on blabbing sef? You are just talking like a child please oga chebec...Even in the midst of glaring evidences,you still wanna prove what doesnt exist or make minute sense...

chebeoc:
[quote author=Pavore9

I don't have to reply that kenya dude because all he rant about are all what internet told him.
Come to you, even when nigerian government are not giving the masses electricity, individuals generate power by themselves than kenya, if you doubt let check satellite images of nigeria and kenya at night to know where is more light up. No fuel queue in kenya with how many cars, there are more cars in lagos alone to compare all kenya. Internet connectivity i don't know what you mean by nigeria still need 20 millions to meet up with kenya because more than 70 millions nigerians use mobile phones to surf internet and population of kenya is less than that.Talking about business i don't know where i'll start to educate you, Nigeria economy is bigger than east africa economy that's why you see big companies from india and China come to nigeria and prosper. every year nigeria economy produce many dollar millionaires i don't know how many east africa economy produce all together you're talking about kenya. even if nigeria have 60% poverty rate 40% is 72 million people which bigger than all kenya.
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by dessy8: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2016
LOL this guy sef...Its Shoprite, not shoplite.. grin
FYI there is no middle class in Nigeria
chebeoc:
[quote author=Pavore9

Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Ugosample(m): 9:18am On Mar 28, 2017
Nigerians washing their dirty linen outside, as if Nigeria is the worst country in Africa.

Liberia that is far worse than most African countries, do you hear their countrymen bad mouth it in public forum

What of Cameroon?

Kenya that has one of the worst slums in Africa, and poverty rate is not encouraging, do you hear them yabbing their country in public

.Nigerians use your brain na
Re: 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally by Ugosample(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2017
dessy8:
LOL this guy sef...Its Shoprite, not shoplite.. grin
FYI there is no middle class in Nigeria

And who told you that there is ni middle class in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Elele Road, Rivers State, Many Killed (Graphic Pics) / 4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Ekiti State That You Must Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.