Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Money Cometh To Me Now - Prosperity Preaching At The Highest Level - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Money Cometh To Me Now - Prosperity Preaching At The Highest Level (1952 Views)

Taribo West Preaching At Alaba MarkET (photos) / Dr. Sign Fireman Preaching At LAFAYETTE, LOUISANA, Pastor Sidney Morales Interpr / 2-year-Old Girl Preaching At Christ Embassy In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Cometh To Me Now - Prosperity Preaching At The Highest Level by KennyG(m): 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2009
Re: Money Cometh To Me Now - Prosperity Preaching At The Highest Level by Gamine(f): 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2009
Same ol undecided

dont people get smarter or is the pastor always one step ahead??
Re: Money Cometh To Me Now - Prosperity Preaching At The Highest Level by viaro: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2009
When I encounter scenarios as in the vid link in the OP, I just try (yes, try so haaaard) to imagine how the OT prophets and the NT apostles would ever have engaged in such "ministries". When money is being "worshipped" in any form (such as in taking the center stage in people's lives and outlook), something is definitely wrong somewhere.

The 'PG' (Prosperity Gospel) enterprise seems to work only when the traffic is pointing to self. "Money cometh to me - NOW". It is not queer that such should be the case, because I would be willing to bet that true spirituality looks out for the welfare of others, not self. Perhaps it is not too much to note that when money and self are the main emphasis of a particular type of ministry enterprise, then the 'PG' rules in such circles.
Re: Money Cometh To Me Now - Prosperity Preaching At The Highest Level by petres007(m): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2009
viaro:

When I encounter scenarios as in the vid link in the OP, I just try (yes, try so haaaard) to imagine how the OT prophets and the NT apostles would ever have engaged in such "ministries". When money is being "worshipped" in any form (such as in taking the center stage in people's lives and outlook), something is definitely wrong somewhere.

The 'PG' (Prosperity Gospel) enterprise seems to work only when the traffic is pointing to self. "Money cometh to me - NOW". It is not queer that such should be the case, because I would be willing to bet that true spirituality looks out for the welfare of [b]others, not self. [/b]Perhaps it is not too much to note that when money and self are the main emphasis of a particular type of ministry enterprise, then the 'PG' rules in such circles.

GBAM! I couldn't agree more! smiley

(1) (Reply)

700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' / Abiku {born To Die Prematurely} ~ Read To Discover If You Are An Abiku / It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.