Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time (21654 Views)

Aliko Dangote To Buy Arsenal And Sack Arsene Wenger / Dangote Plans 12,000 MW Power Generation In 2-years / Dangote Plans To Generate 12,000MW Of Electricity By 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Petmax: 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
Aliko Dangote, Africa/Nigeria’s richest man, has clearly re-stated his plans to buy London-based professional football club 'Arsenal' , in four years time. In an interview with Bloomberg TV in New York on Wednesday, Dangote stated that there’s no doubt he’ll buy Arsenal and it’s not a problem of money.

“Maybe three to four years. The issue is that we have more challenging headwinds. I need to get those out the way first and start having tailwinds. Then I’ll focus on this.”

Dangote, reportedly worth around £8.3billion, announced his intention to buy Arsenal last year. But his business prospects needs to improve and investments in gas pipelines/oil refinery have to pay off before making the expensive acquisition.

“It’s not about buying Arsenal and just continuing with business as usual,” he said. “It’s about buying Arsenal and turning it around. I’ve run a very successful business and I think I can also run a very successful team. Right now, with what we’re facing, over $20 billion of projects, I cannot do both.”

SOURCE: http://www.petmaxflame.com/2016/09/africa-richest-man-aliko-dangote-plans.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by thesicilian: 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
Not a question of money. I like that.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
He should ensure that he retain the service of Wenger if he wants to make good profit from it. Buy a cheap player for £10m and sell him off for £40m grin

70 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jmoore(m): 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
It is not possible. Unless he is ready to spend a lot, I mean a lot of $billions.

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who is worth $15 billion by Forbes has 30% share.

The major shareholder American Stan Kroenke has 65%.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by oppybouy(m): 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
In Sarkodie's voice "You know say Money no be Problem"

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by shammah1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
OK. Gunners for life. wink
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by mmb(m): 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dangote for President of Nigeria come May 29 2019 God willing.

Click 'Like' if you support.

28 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by cindyrocks(f): 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
hold on first..
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Lukmann1: 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dangote is will turned Arsenal into Eyimba fc if he finally bought the club. Too much money was what is worried him.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Joel3(m): 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
story story. how many times he keep talking this.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Instead of him to invest in our local Nigerian League. Later he'll open his mouth n say Nigerians don't patronize locally made goods #nonsense...

Recession Continues.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by centboy123456(m): 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Yes oh make he buy am but wait oh will dey sell it for a black man ?

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jaymejate: 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
Meanwhile, his Country is in Economy Recession?

Anyways, nor be him send that DD, Daura Dull.ard

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by youngguru23(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
Gooner
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by venom13(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
How will that benefit Nigerians?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by idris4r83(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dangote pls don't buy Arsenal buy Barcelona.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by feldido(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good move
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by miqos02(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
dangote please buy kano pillars and turn them into a world champion

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by omusiliyu(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
[size=20pt]HIS MONEY, HIS PROBLEM[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Fabulosdave01: 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good one. But why not eyimba ?

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Bujumbura(m): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
Do i really want Dangote to invest in Arsenal YES

Can he spend Like Abramaovic NO

Remarks: I want someone that will spend money so that my darling Arsenal will win the league

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by techinfong: 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
Arsenal na mumu club

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Capableben(m): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
..... Good for him.
Meanwhile,
Watch Out for my Independence day celebration single titled My Nation ft LS Ecorest that is set to drop on 1st October.
This single reflects upon our journey so far as a nation and it will rekindle that fire of passion we need to continue this journey.
It's a "must-listen" for every concerned Nigerian out there. #MyNation _#AnticipateHard_

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by hollary4: 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
can somebody tell this guy to buy ikorodu united?

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
I still don't believe this. His management has refuted the claim many times, why is it still making rounds?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Ekakamba: 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
[size=15pt]Change begins with me! Lemme kuku buy Eyimba FC. Shey dem say make we patronize our locally made products? Why Arsenal FC & not Nasarawa United or Up Jet? sad[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by omusiliyu(m): 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
idris4r83:
Dangote pls don't buy Arsenal buy Barcelona.

Bill Gate plus Warren Buffet together cant
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by LifeDrama: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
Thank you Lord, for blessing this man. Bless us too!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
grin....After she has given Birth abi grin grin grin

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by MadCow1: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
Instead of all these billionaires to band together and Hijack the Nigerian league and the CAF Champions League they are going to put more money into the English league that s already filthy rich.. angry

The EPL was a product of some investors injecting money into the league.. Now its attractive to the world.

With Nairabet, GLO, DSTV and co all there now, how about we fix our league. angry

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! / How Much Did You Save In 2017? / * Start A Very Lucrative Business With N5k ONLY !! Make 5k-13k profit daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.