Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) (29678 Views)

Teenager Sells Brother To Ritual Killer To Pay Bride Price In Niger State / My Nephews Killed My Mother - Nigerian Man Based In Italy (Graphic Pics) / Guy Beats Brother To Death During Fight (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by dre11(m): 5:31am On Sep 23, 2016
Uchenna Inya Abakaliki

Most men, who marry two wives, often become used to their wives quarreling and fighting on a daily basis. Sometimes, children of these wives are caught up in emotional dilemma, unsure whether to take side with their mum or step mum. Many of them inevitably take side with their mum.

The kids, most times, grow up hating one another. Such a home is often fraught with cold war, tension and hate. The husbands often pray for divine wisdom on how to manage such tension-filled homes.

But the family of Ogbonna Amegu, of Ndebor Nchoko village, Igbeagu community, Izzi Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, has never experienced such traumatic situations. Indeed, Amegu, who married two wives, said he, his wives and 18 children, from both women, have enjoyed a peaceful home and co-existence. Amegu said: “The love in my family, and between my two wives, is the envy of our neighbours.

My wives are so close, that my second wife named one of her children after my first wife.” The peaceful coexistence and love in the family was torn to shreds after an unfathomable incident visited the family on September 9, 2016. One of Amegu’s sons, identified as Ogobuchi Ogbonna Amegu, 25, from his first wife, drowned his three-yearold- stepbrother, Wisdom Ogbonna Amegu.

The action of Ogobuchi stunned his family and community members. The action of Ogobuchi was even more shocking, since he was the closest among all the family members to little Wisdom. It was gathered that Wisdom used to tag along with Ogobuchi, whenever the latter was going out.

People tried to make sense of the murder of the three-year-old boy by his elder brother, but failed. People even wondered if perhaps Ogobuchi smoked Indian hemp, but close examinations and questions, showed that he was in his right senses. While being questioned by members of the community and later the police, Ogobuchi said that a voice repeatedly told him to kill one of his stepbrothers if he wanted to be the second Jesus Christ on earth, a messiah of the world and famous.

Why he chose little Wisdom, described as his ‘best friend and pet,’ is yet unknown. There’s, however, no doubt that the murder of his brother, made him instantly famous. Ogobuchi said: “I was relaxing in our house when I heard the voice, telling me that I would become the second Jesus Christ on earth; that I would be a messiah if I killed one of my stepbrothers.

The voice said that if I refused to do it, I would regret it.” On that fateful day, Ogobuchi lured Wisdom to a nearby river, picked a big stone and rope, tied the three-year-old to the stone and calmly pushed him into the river. The boy sank like lead. Ogobuchi returned home, to continue with his normal daily activities, like nothing happened.

When it was evening time, the family became worried over Wisdom’s long absence from home. Friends, relatives and neighbours said he wasn’t in their homes. The family members started searching for him, including Ogobuchi. Soon, the family alerted every community member. Several search parties were organised.

Each party went to different directions, but all returned with stories of failure. By the following day, the mother of the boy was slowly going crazy and Amegu was almost at his wits end, unsure of the next step to take. They were in this worried state when Ogobuchi called the family together and dropped his bombshell.

Without mincing words, he told his family members that he was responsible for the disappearance of Wisdom. He told them that he drowned Wisdom and promised to take them to the scene of the crime. The family was stunned into silence.

They initially thought Ogobuchi was playing game with such a crazy confession and sharply rebuked him, but he stuck to his story. Amegu ran out, screaming for community members to gather and listen to the narration of his son, Ogobuchi. Every time Ogobuchi spewed out his confession; gasps of shock, unbelief and outraged greeted it.

The community members immediately ordered Ogobuchi to lead them to where he ‘kept’ Wisdom. The boy’s corpse was later dragged out from the river by divers. Further confessing to members of the community, Ogobuchi said he heard a loud voice, ordering him to do stuffs.

He added: “The voice said that I shouldn’t waste time in carrying out the instructions. I looked around and saw Wisdom; I asked him to follow me, so that we could bath in the river. He followed me. When I got to the river, I looked around and saw a stone; I picked the stone and with the rope, tied him to the stone and pushed him into the river.”

A devastated Amegu, said: “I married two wives and have 18 children. My two wives have been living peacefully and have never quarrelled or fought since I married them. My children emulated their mothers. They never had any misunderstanding. So, I’m shocked over this type of thing, especially since Wisdom was the closest to Ogobuchi among all my children. Devil has entered my family. I’m not happy at all.”

When the enormity of his crime dawned on him, Ogobuchi tried to feign being mentally unbalanced, but Amegu, knocked off the idea.

Amegu said: “Ogobuchi is not mentally sick; he is a healthy person. I wondered what made him to do this type of thing. This has never happened in the history of this community. This is very strange.” The head of the community, Chief Nwamage Uche, said that when Amegu reported to him that his threeyear- old son was missing, he quickly mobilised members of the community. He said search parties were drafted.

They later heard about the dastardly action of Ogobuchi. The Ebonyi State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Mr. George Okafor confirmed the incident. He said the matter was first reported at the Iboko Police Station.

Okafor said:
“The matter will be transferred to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID) for consolidation of the case.” It was further gathered that autopsy has since been conducted on the deceased while his remains have been interred. During the burial last Wednesday of little Wisdom, members of the community broke down and wept uncontrollably.

Ogobuchi was, last Wednesday, remanded by an Abakaliki Magistrate’s Court. He was arraigned on one count charge of murder.

The charge reads; “that you Ogobuchi Ogonna Amegu, on September 9, 2016, at Ndiebor Nchoko, Igbeagu Izzi in the Abakaliki Magisterial District did unlawfully cause the death of one Wisdom Ogonna Amegu and thereby Committed an offence Punishable under Section 319(1) of the Criminal Code, Cap 33: Vol. 1. Laws of Ebonyi State of Nigeria 2009.” After the charge was read to Ogobuchi, the presiding Magistrate, Nnachi Olughu, ordered that the suspect be remanded in prison custody till November 18, 2016.

The case file was transferred to the Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP), for comments.

Olughu said: “The accused person has no counsel to represent him to enable him take his pleas. This court hereby orders that he be remanded in prison custody till November 18, 2016.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/killed-brother-become-second-jesus-christ/

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by alberto2k(m): 5:43am On Sep 23, 2016
He heard a voice from Above No no no! it's not Weed, its not codiene or lean! It is HUNGER!

some kain hunger can make hear from Above! Yes Shiit happens!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Aidy97(f): 5:50am On Sep 23, 2016
Brain reset
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by hawk05(m): 5:51am On Sep 23, 2016
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by maryjan8(f): 5:53am On Sep 23, 2016
Hmm
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 23, 2016
The motive behind this action is just beyond my comprehension

1 Like

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by jmichlins(m): 6:00am On Sep 23, 2016
one thing I have known is that everything about life isn't white and black as some reason it. Some are like rainbow you see all colours and yet no colour. There are things we can never have explanation to no matter how we try

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by tyson99(m): 6:06am On Sep 23, 2016
i'm not understanding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Chibuhealth(f): 6:12am On Sep 23, 2016
Who read am finish?

2 Likes

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by dotman4real007(m): 6:15am On Sep 23, 2016
Oga oooo!!! This one dey hear voice for im head!! Satan dey do mix tape for im head now prison go do afro beat for im head.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by paiz: 6:17am On Sep 23, 2016
Sinful world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by olumaxi(m): 6:23am On Sep 23, 2016
Im no hear voice dat wil make him a millionaire......wel,d next voice u ll hear in 30seconds shal be..u av been santenced to death by hangin..........useles goat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by DLondonboiy: 9:42am On Sep 23, 2016
Things hunger make people do...

People now hear voices..
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by celestialAgent(m): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2016
Me sef bin dey hear voice oooo!

But i just dey ignore them...

Na trumpet sound b d most vital now

Lord pls come and take all of us...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by steppin: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2016
Religion! Smh
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Dreyl(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2016
See wetin importation of kenya weed they cause. grin

1 Like

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by davibid: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2016
If he becomes the next jesus, it will then be written in his bible like....Ogobuchi heard a voice saying 'kill little wisdom and become the next saviour and he hearkened unto the voice from the gods and he did exactly what the voice instructed him to do, now i tell ye people follow the footstep of ogobuchi the gods will be please with thee' and the gods will award you bountiful grin

weird act angry Rip wisdom
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Jessidaisy4(f): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2016
What a world!
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Seun4FastLoans(f): 9:45am On Sep 23, 2016
Lord have mercy
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by yeyeboi(m): 9:45am On Sep 23, 2016
This is not a small something shocked
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Babangida70(m): 9:45am On Sep 23, 2016
But the family of Ogbonna Amegu, of Ndebor Nchoko village, Igbeagu community, Izzi Local Government Area of Ebonyi State

NCAN reporting from the caliphate........

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by darnley16(m): 9:46am On Sep 23, 2016
It happens and it's true, happened in Aminityville , it happed here what's with d blown issue
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 23, 2016
Hallucinations

2 Likes

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by THEconqueror: 9:46am On Sep 23, 2016
You should have killed yourself na. Afterall Jesus didn't kill others but was killed instead.

1 Like

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 23, 2016
Our brothers and Brainwashing are like fish and water... Same way Nnamdi Kanu came from nowhere to delude them with a fruitless agitation only to end up spending different festivals in Kuje.

4 Likes

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Nairadays: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2016
Na wa oo, through killing? shocked shocked

Who receives glorification through murder? Except the dark kingdom.

Purely endtime. cry

1 Like

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Obagoblog(m): 9:48am On Sep 23, 2016
hmm
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by INTROVERT(f): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2016
LOL
Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 23, 2016
He might have schizophrenia or some other mental illness. People like this need help. Sad

6 Likes

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 23, 2016
But the family of Ogbonna Amegu, of Ndebor Nchoko village, Igbeagu community, Izzi Local Government Area of Ebonyi State,....

Flat heads everywhere

1 Like

Re: ‘ I Killed My Brother To Become Second Jesus Christ ’ (photo) by HMZi: 9:51am On Sep 23, 2016
Got dropped on his head as a baby...insane

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thunder Kills 3 People In Ogun State (Photos) / Chigozie Nebo: 14-Year-Old Boy, 8 Others Detained By Enugu Police Over Murder / Cultism: Rival Lagos Schoolboys Clash In Meiran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.