Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

#edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki (1655 Views)

EdoDecides: Youths Storm The Street To Celebrate As PDP Wins In Idokapa(pic) / #edodecides: Apc, Apga & Pdp Make A Case For Why They Should Govern Edo (live) / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by jossy4joseph(m): 5:54am On Sep 23, 2016
Uniben students refused Godwin Obaseki the governorship candidate of the APC entry into the school premises.
He was supposed to have a Town Hall Meeting yesterday with Staff and Students at Uniben, Akin Deko Auditorium.
But Oshiomhole's Puppet got the greatest shock of his life as the gate was locked up, after series of negotiation and plea he left in anger with his convoy.
~For almost 8 Years they never knew UNIBEN students exist.
~For 8 Years they failed to Pay Bursary.
~For 8 Years they failed to Provide Scholarships to assist Students.
~For 8 Years No Jobs, No Empowerment for Youths, Nothing!!!

4 Likes

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by abokibuhari: 5:58am On Sep 23, 2016
madcow , come sew uniben again
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by maryjan8(f): 6:00am On Sep 23, 2016
Ok
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by Agimor(m): 6:12am On Sep 23, 2016
Source Op at least you can put partisan AIT as your source just to drive little traffic nah.

4 Likes

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by mrvitalis(m): 6:18am On Sep 23, 2016
Uniben is a fedral school .. Op hope u understand what that means

I won't ask Edo people to vote for any candidate
What I will ask them to do is to evaluate critically PDP 8 years and APC 8 years.. then decide which they will want to reexperince again

4 Likes

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:25am On Sep 23, 2016
Cause Apc did slightly better than PDP doesn't make them the best. Oshiomole had the power to do more but he just decided to do slightly better than Igbinedion.
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by CSTR2: 6:30am On Sep 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

What I will ask them to do is to evaluate critically PDP 8 years and APC 8 years.. then decide which they will want to reexperince again
Nigerian politics is not ideological, so a previously bad politician from a party does not necessarily mar other decent future politicians from the same party.
In the same vein, a good candidate from a party does not confer invincibility and competence on future candidates from the same party.
Branding politicians with the image of their predecessors may work in places like America where politics is ideological and political parties already have peculiar or distinctive mode of governance, not in Nigeria where people cross-carpet parties anyhow.
The current federal APC is made up of nearly 60% of former PDP. And oshiomhole himself is far from being a standard in governance that would merit a legacy predecessor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by Qmerit(m): 6:34am On Sep 23, 2016
Shameless liar! So, the gate is widely opened with 3 students and 1 car outside and where is the Obaseki that was locked out! ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by cckris: 6:38am On Sep 23, 2016
[size=20pt]Use your VOTES to chase APC out of town.
[/size]
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by mrvitalis(m): 6:43am On Sep 23, 2016
CSTR2:
Nigerian politics is not ideological, so a previously bad politician from a party does not necessarily mar other decent future politicians from the same party.
In the same vein, a good candidate from a party does not confer invincibility and competence on future candidates from the same party.
Branding politicians with the image of their predecessors may work in places like America where politics is ideological and political parties already have peculiar or distinctive mode of governance, not in Nigeria where people cross-carpet parties anyhow.
The current federal APC is made up of nearly 60% of former PDP. And oshiomhole himself is far from being a standard in governance that would merit a legacy predecessor.
I agree. . But in the case of Edo... the Apc candidate was in the engine room of the osho government. .. In fact He was the brain box

And same Gos for the PDP candidates.. So my analogy is valid

2 Likes

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by OAUTemitayo: 6:47am On Sep 23, 2016
CSTR2:
Hatred will not kill you.
Somebody did a rational analysis but because you hate Nigeria and want her to always been in sorrow you are advising people to vote for a party that deemed it fit that Benin doesn't need any development until APC came and show them the way.
Iranu Abacha set of people.

2 Likes

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by CSTR2: 6:47am On Sep 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

I agree. . But in the case of Edo... the Apc candidate was in the engine room of the osho government. .. In fact He was the brain box

And same Gos for the PDP candidates.. So my analogy is valid
But Osho is a not even a decent governor in any rational indices that a progressive state should be looking to repeat.
I am not saying POI is what edo states needs, he is as corrupt as they come, but campaigning with oshiomhole's govt is just laughable.

2 Likes

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by CSTR2: 6:51am On Sep 23, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Hatred will not kill you.
Somebody did a rational analysis but because you hate Nigeria and want her to always been in sorrow you are advising people to vote for a party that deemed it fit that Benin doesn't need any development until APC came and show them the way.
Iranu Abacha set of people.
You hate Nigeria more than anybody can ever do. You and your sycophantic bigoted hordes are bunch of pseudo-patriots who have no idea what it really means to love a country.
You voted for a dim-witted illiterate president that currently wants the backward status quo to remain, hate fiscal federalism, and is ethnocentric with reckless abandon, and you are telling me you love Nigeria?
Yeah right.

4 Likes

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by donphilopus: 6:51am On Sep 23, 2016
OP, no picture-proof? You must be kidding.
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by id2019(m): 6:56am On Sep 23, 2016
Edo State owes a total of $179.52m as of June 30, which is 4.91 per cent of the
country’s subnational foreign debts.With an external debt of $41.19m in 2010, Edo State, for instance, was not among the most indebted states in the country, but during this change during Oshiomhole regime. However, by the end of December 2015, the state’s external debt profile had leapt to $168.19m, showing a difference of $127m. This means that the state’s external debt rose by 308.34 per cent in five years. Many Edo people don't quite understand why Gov. Oshiomhole is going the extra mile to make sure that his benefactor, Godwin Obaseki succeeds him as Edo governor. Oshiomhole have borrowed significant amount of money from foreign agencies like the world Bank and others. He has also raised money from selling government
bonds locally. All the borrowing were done using Godwin Obaseki's private finance company as consultants representing government in the negotiations. So much to say about conflict of interest.
Obaseki who heads the state economic team recommended his private company
as the consulting firm that advised Edo government on money matters.
His personal company or companies that he has an interest in represented Edo
government in all the negotiations.
Godwin Obaseki's firm earned a commission and a fixed payment for the services
it rendered to Edo government.
At the same time he was personally employed by the government and he's on the
government's pay book. Not bad for a government that's fighting corruption.It is
very clear to see why Oshiomhole would put his head through the eye of a needle
to make Obaseki governor.
Oshiomhole couldn't have done anything in government without Obaseki.
If there are any dirty deals to cover up, Obaseki is the man to do the job
efficiently.
He knows everthing about Oshiomole's government than the governor himself.
If Obaseki succeeds Oshiomhole, Edo people will never know how all the
borrowed money was expended. And thats why we must Vote for Ize Iyamu so he can help us investigate Oshiomhole mismanagement of edo funds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by CSTR2: 6:56am On Sep 23, 2016
Besides, what ground-breaking thing has APC done in edo state sef that someone with a brain would grant all their present and future candidates with a pass?
Fake patriots and their backward love for Nigeria. grin

1 Like

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by mrvitalis(m): 6:56am On Sep 23, 2016
CSTR2:
But Osho is a not even a decent governor in any rational indices that a progressive state should be looking to repeat.
I am not saying POI is what edo states needs, he is as corrupt as they come, but campaigning with oshiomhole's govt is just laughable.
It's not about osho being good or bad... it's how good is he compired to the former PDP government before him... That's what am saying
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by CSTR2: 6:58am On Sep 23, 2016
id2019:
Edo State owes a total of $179.52m as of June 30, which is 4.91 per cent of the
country’s subnational foreign debts.With an external debt of $41.19m in 2010, Edo State, for instance, was not among the most indebted states in the country, but during this change during Oshiomhole regime. However, by the end of December 2015, the state’s external debt profile had leapt to $168.19m, showing a difference of $127m. This means that the state’s external debt rose by 308.34 per cent in five years. Many Edo people don't quite understand why Gov. Oshiomhole is going the extra mile to make sure that his benefactor, Godwin Obaseki succeeds him as Edo governor. Oshiomhole have borrowed significant amount of money from foreign agencies like the world Bank and others. He has also raised money from selling government
bonds locally. All the borrowing were done using Godwin Obaseki's private finance company as consultants representing government in the negotiations. So much to say about conflict of interest.
Obaseki who heads the state economic team recommended his private company
as the consulting firm that advised Edo government on money matters.
His personal company or companies that he has an interest in represented Edo
government in all the negotiations.
Godwin Obaseki's firm earned a commission and a fixed payment for the services
it rendered to Edo government.
At the same time he was personally employed by the government and he's on the
government's pay book. Not bad for a government that's fighting corruption.It is
very clear to see why Oshiomhole would put his head through the eye of a needle
to make Obaseki governor.
Oshiomhole couldn't have done anything in government without Obaseki.
If there are any dirty deals to cover up, Obaseki is the man to do the job
efficiently.
He knows everthing about Oshiomole's government than the governor himself.
If Obaseki succeeds Oshiomhole, Edo people will never know how all the
borrowed money was expended. And thats why we must Vote for Ize Iyamu so he can help us investigate Oshiomhole mismanagement of edo funds
Edo state is one of the top three most indebted states in the country.
What has oshiomhole done that can justify such spending?

1 Like

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by CSTR2: 7:01am On Sep 23, 2016
mrvitalis:
It's not about osho being good or bad... it's how good is he compired to the former PDP government before him... That's what am saying
His ''good'' is not good enough.
We may have different ideas of good here. Edo state is a highly indebted state with low levels of productivity.
He is not good enough, neither is Nigeria politics ideological enough to blanket politicians with their predecessors like you want to paint POI.

1 Like

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by mrvitalis(m): 7:15am On Sep 23, 2016
CSTR2:
His ''good'' is not good enough.
We may have different ideas of good here. Edo state is a highly indebted state with low levels of productivity.
He is not good enough, neither is Nigeria politics ideological enough to blanket politicians with their predecessors like you want to paint POI.
U making it sound as if am for APC .. am from imo and my APC governor is a disaster. .. I judge of individual.. Track record of individuals..
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by CSTR2: 7:16am On Sep 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

U making it sound as if am for APC .. am from imo and my APC governor is a disaster. .. I judge of individual.. Track record of individuals..
Alright.
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by OAUTemitayo: 7:17am On Sep 23, 2016
CSTR2:
You hate Nigeria more than anybody can ever do. You and your sycophantic bigoted hordes are bunch of pseudo-patriots who have no idea what it really means to love a country.
You voted for a dim-witted illiterate president that currently wants the backward status quo to remain, hate fiscal federalism, and is ethnocentric with reckless abandon, and you are telling me you love Nigeria?
Yeah right.
All you do is blab and blab.
I can pull out so many instances of your hatred for this Nation but I have classes this morning so just go in peace.
When we voted for your hero in 2011 there was no rancour but when we said enough is enough, you started hating.
You even have the audacity to ask what Oshiomole did with the money he borrowed?
Are you for real?
You sit down for a jungle in New York and dey ask us such question?
Book a flight to Benin abeg
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by alopo4real(m): 7:28am On Sep 23, 2016
But let's call a spade a spade
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by Henrypraise: 8:06am On Sep 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

so dos it's a fed sch, d state govt shudnt pay bursary ba?

u better stop reasoning wit ur rectum.

1 Like

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by otukpo(f): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2016
I told obaseki to stop campaigning.

1 Like

Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by klbakare(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2016
Students sha...
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by hUmaneOne: 8:29am On Sep 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

Stop voting for parties and vote for persons.

The same Ize-iyamu you're against , was a part of oshiomhole's government.did you forget?
Re: #edodecides: Uniben Students Locked Out Godwin Obaseki by Fredosky247(m): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2016
[i][/i]propaganda!

(1) (Reply)

Quotes, Reactions And Thoughts About Ken Saro - Wiwa / EXCLUSIVE: FG Plotting To Break Nigerian Law In Award Of $800million Contract / Lagos At 50: Lagos State Govt Bows To Pressure, Finally Honors Late Dr. Adadevoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.