Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions (23009 Views)

Nigerian Elite, Politicians And Bilionaires Secretly Meeting To Stop Nnamdi Kanu / Adelakun Adeoye Pushing His Spoilt Car On Road (Pics) / Protest At INEC Office In Edo. Police Repel Protesters With Tear Gas (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by thunderrider: 6:00am On Sep 23, 2016
The Edo State Commissioner of Police, Finihan Adeoye, has been axed from his position, Pulse can report.

Adeoye was sent packing after details emerged of a grand plan he hatched at Chief Gabriel Igbinedion's home, ahead of the September 28 governorship election in the State, a source on the ground in Edo has disclosed.

The Igbinedions have long ruled the roost in Edo State.

Lucky Nosakhare Igbinedion was Governor of Edo State between 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007.

The Esama of the Benin Kingdom, Gabriel Igbinedion, still fancies playing the King-maker role in the South South State.

"Adeoye held this meeting in Igbinedion's home where the plan to rig the governorship election was exposed and reported to the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris", our source added.

"Also in attendance at the very secret meeting in Chief Igbinedion's house were four top INEC (Independent National Electoral Commission) officials serving in Edo State".

A top official of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State who craved anonymity for this story, alleged that Adeoye had become too close to the Igbinedions.

"Mr. Adeoye was recently posted to Benin barely three weeks ago and has fallen prey to very corrupt influence of the Igbinedions and their protégé Pastor Ize-Iyamu who is confirmed to have bribed the former Edo Police Commissioner with huge sums of money in a desperate bid to rig the coming governorship election in Edo State", said the high ranking APC official.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has however debunked the allegation put forward by the governing APC in the State.
Chris Nehikhare who is the Publicity Secretary of the PDP in Edo State told Pulse that the APC is being economical with the truth.

“Mr. Adeoye, who replaced Mr. Chris Ezike about three weeks ago and was saddled with the responsibility of coordinating the security arrangement for the governorship election which holds on September 28, is said to have been removed over his disagreement with the State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole on the use of police personnel, before and on the day of election.

“It is gathered that the Governor had taken offence that the commissioner was not in support of the recent indiscriminate arrests and detention of members of the opposition PDP which is said to have been ordered by the Governor as part of the plan to manipulate the election in favour of the ruling APC.

“The commissioner’s objection to this line of action by the men under his command had drastically reduced the planned onslaught on the members of the PDP and made the release of those arrested, prompt and relatively easy.”

The Edo State government has however denied it had any part to play in Adeoye's travails.

Kassim Afegbua who is the Edo State commissioner for Information and Orientation, said: “We are not the Nigeria Police Force. The institution has its own command structure under the supervision of the Inspector General of Police. We couldn’t have played any role in who becomes Commissioner of Police. It is purely police affairs and please don’t drag us into this.

“Under the PDP regime of oppression, they bastardised the Nigeria Police and turned it into an arm of the PDP oligarchy. Under the APC change agenda, we are not only allowing the military and paramilitary institutions to run professionally, we are building a new police institution that would be responsive to the challenges of modern policing.

“As per the elections, we have nothing to fear because we believe in the sanctity of the ballot box. We are for votes but PDP is for rigging; so only they have cause to fear. We will trounce them silly come Wednesday September 28.

“Any attempt for the PDP to exhibit their peculiar traits will be resisted wholeheartedly,” Afegbua added.

Reports reaching our newsroom say the deposed Police Boss may be redeployed to another State.

Godwin Obaseki of the APC and Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the PDP are front-runners in the Edo governorship contest.

http://pulse.ng/politics/edo-elections-police-commissioner-sacked-for-holding-secret-meeting-with-the-igbinedions-id5516437.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-2016-09-22&utm_source=newsletter

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by abokibuhari: 6:03am On Sep 23, 2016
I don't know how they want to do it, all I know is that come next week, pastor iyamu would be my governor even before swearing in

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 23, 2016
wait I wan go clean my dirty an.us first I dey cum back cum comment[b]

[img][/img
grin

caveat emptor/ this land is not for sale
Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:13am On Sep 23, 2016
The police commissioner isn't smart, how can you go to the house of an opposition party few days to election?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by jerryunit48: 6:30am On Sep 23, 2016
How does going to Igbinedion's house automatically amount to planning to rigging an election? Could they not have investigated first before sacking him

5 Likes

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Qmerit(m): 6:41am On Sep 23, 2016
jerryunit48:
How does going to Igbinedion's house automatically amount to planning to rigging an election? Could they not have investigated first before sacking him

Yes, it's obvious. BUT nothing to investigate pls...Cause he didn't deny it

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by donphilopus: 7:11am On Sep 23, 2016
jerryunit48:

Is that so? I thought you guys said it would be very easy for PDP to win come on the 28th. Why then are they holding meetings with INEC Officials and Security men to rig it for them? Anyways, their plan wouldn't work.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by dustmalik: 7:14am On Sep 23, 2016
jerryunit48:
There is nothing to investigate. The commissioner serves at the pleasure of the governor, and he has sacked him for holding secret meeting with a Godfather of the opposition party, a week to the guber election.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Lukmann1: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2016
corruptions are everywhere, shames on him. he will be regretted to have go there by now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Taryur3(m): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2016
He

9 Likes

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by clevadani: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2016
Nonsense
It is God that will judge anybody that tries to bring PDP back to Edo state after what they did the state.
Can you imagine the Igbinedion led govt telling us that they cant construct road because of Mammy water?? What kind of nonsense is that?
PDP must not be allowed back into Edo state govt house period.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by yeyeboi(m): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2016
How does going to see Igbinedion's become a rigging?

Apc una don dey fear I am sure they sacked him because they want to bring in someone else to favor them?

It's obvious the IGP is working hand in hand with APC government.

I swear anybody that votes in APC in this coming governorship election, his/her life will be like the recession and empty promises the apc government are putting innocent Nigerians to

14 Likes

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2016
They want to vote in Ize. Iyamu so they can start using Edo state's money to celebrate Igbinedion's birthday every year. God forbid.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by gen2briz(m): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by steppin: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2016
Plots by the APC to bring in their own candidate. If you like, make buhari the commissioner, APC is still gonna lose.

16 Likes

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by MadCow1: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2016
Sweet!
Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by yeyeboi(m): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
The police commissioner isn't smart, how can you go to the house of an opposition party few days to election?

He might as well go there for something else, maybe for a peace talk.

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by martineinstein(m): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2016
this is y i dont want ize iyamu,despite my hatred for oshiomole:his alliance with the igbinedions,anenih,cultists etc is not healthy for edo stae

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 23, 2016
I No collect any Bribe for that meeting now

3 Likes

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by klbakare(m): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2016
Apc+ cunny cunny= cunninlingus. Hope I got it?
Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 23, 2016
jerryunit48:

****Have you forgotten the case of Obanikoro and Fayose and their rigging in Ekiti state?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Ateewologun(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2016
The Change is affecting everything even NYSC

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Dottore: 8:20am On Sep 23, 2016
This people have ruined this man's hard earned and purposeful career at the noon day of his life. Sorry sir
Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by yeyeboi(m): 8:21am On Sep 23, 2016
donphilopus:

Is that so? I thought you guys said it would be very easy for PDP to win come on the 28th. Why then are they holding meetings with INEC Officials and Security men to rig it for them? Anyways, their plan wouldn't work.

Bros you need to go back to bed it seems you woke up under the bed this morning.

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by cricifixo: 8:21am On Sep 23, 2016
This is interesting, please what didn't he deny?
Qmerit:

Yes, it's obvious. BUT nothing to investigate pls...Cause he didn't deny it
Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by freemanbubble: 8:21am On Sep 23, 2016
the binis and the esan are majority in edo state and these people have decided that ize-iyamu is the next governor. there is nothing apc, buhari and oshiomhole can do about it

5 Likes

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by comos: 8:21am On Sep 23, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:

Lies from the pit of hell,

another APC propaganda.

the police commissioner was remove, because he refused to do oshiomole's order, concerning the forth coming elllection.

10 Likes

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by martineinstein(m): 8:21am On Sep 23, 2016
jerryunit48:
igbinedion is the powerhouse of rigging in edo state

1 Like

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by chukzyblingz(m): 8:22am On Sep 23, 2016
dustmalik:

There is nothing to investigate. The commissioner serves at the pleasure of the governor, and he has sacked him for holding secret meeting with a Godfather of the opposition party, a week to the guber election.
he was sacked because he's not working with the plan to rig im their favor

4 Likes

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2016
abokibuhari:
I don't know how they want to do it, all I know is that come next week, pastor iyamu would be my governor even before swearing in

Ize Iyamu will govern only your household. Obaseki will govern Edo state. Bloody ethnocentric chauvinist

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by sammyj: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2016
If this report is true then this implies that the Nigerian police force looks more like a political party than an institutions. However, i believe all this is because of Kudi,ego and owo ( Money politics killing Nigeria since 1890 BC) shocked cool
Re: Edo Police Commissioner, Adeoye Sacked For Secretly Meeting With The Igbinedions by martineinstein(m): 8:22am On Sep 23, 2016
BlackAfrican:
They want to vote in Ize. Iyamu so they can start using Edo state's money to celebrate Igbinedion's birthday every year. God forbid.
i dont like tinubu and oshomole.but i would rada prefer them to be godfathers of edo than the igbinedions

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai Will Never Be President - Abiodun Ogunyemi, Bishop Of Zaria / Governor Obaseki Closes Case In Alleged Certificate Forgery Suit / Demolition Of Billboards Commences In Uyo Metropolis (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.