Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Sleekyshuga Bae You Really Need To See This: Chemical In The Colgate - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sleekyshuga Bae You Really Need To See This: Chemical In The Colgate (665 Views)

Happy Birthday Sleekyshuga / 10 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone / Happy Birthday Sleekyshuga™ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleekyshuga Bae You Really Need To See This: Chemical In The Colgate by yetty247(f): 7:04am On Sep 23, 2016
We all know of the most famous toothpaste Colgate. You and many more use this only.
But, a study of recently stated that it has a dangerous chemical inside called Triclosa and this makes cancer grow faster and causes other issues too.
A study from the Chemical Research in Toxicology journal stated that that chemical makes MORE cancer cells in number. In the previous years there were many such studies and all agreed on this chemical.
The Triclosan seeps in the skin and impairs the work of hormones and endocrine too. That is not all; a study from the Environmental Health Perspectives of 2008 stated that experts detected this chemical in urine of 75% test subject people. 2,517 elderly.
Many laundry detergents, hand cleansers and deodorants have it too.
A study publication in the Chemical Research of Toxicology magazine said this causes cancer.
It really is hazardous if seeps into the skin and goes to the blood even. It may cause hormone damages.
But, many studies say this and still Colgate is the most sought paste there is. Only Canada forbade this triclosan.
Our country’s government is still silent on this affair and it will ban this only if a disaster occurs, like with the asbestos case DT and PCB.
Overall, we choose what we buy and next time maybe we can at least switch to other brands.
Source: www.healthylifebase.com

Re: Sleekyshuga Bae You Really Need To See This: Chemical In The Colgate by jejemanito: 7:06am On Sep 23, 2016
undecided
Re: Sleekyshuga Bae You Really Need To See This: Chemical In The Colgate by Emodeee: 7:45am On Sep 23, 2016
Why now? Na so una spoil market for la casera.
Re: Sleekyshuga Bae You Really Need To See This: Chemical In The Colgate by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2016
@yetty247, thanks for the information. I try as much as possible to Google the ingredients found in a product plus read up it's reviews before purchase.

Funny thing is, Triclosan is a predominant ingredient found in soaps, shampoos, deodorants, toothpastes, mouth washes, cleaning supplies, and pesticides but I didn't look at its effects.

Reading up the side effect(s) already sends a shiver, inasmuch as lots of processed products do have little or more effects due to the active ingredients used.

I'll be dumping it, and will try to tell everyone I know that uses it to stop cry. It's not worth my/our health.

If only we can have a working Health sector in this country undecided..

Na so my N7080 go oo cry embarassed **bites hand**

Thank you smiley
Re: Sleekyshuga Bae You Really Need To See This: Chemical In The Colgate by amicable09(f): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2016
Emodeee:
Why now? Na so una spoil market for la casera.
Lol. This is funny grin
Re: Sleekyshuga Bae You Really Need To See This: Chemical In The Colgate by dauntless15(m): 8:25am On Sep 23, 2016
Lienus

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Ask This Question?? / 8 Football Clubs Representation Of Nigerian Boyfriends. / Relevant Things Men Normally Do To Make Woman Falling In Love With Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.