Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,128 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports (50859 Views)

Handshake Across The Niger Communique: South-East, South-West Decision In Enugu / Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing / Return Home, Militants Advise South-east, South South Indigenes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Ipobdevil: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2016
Reports are coming in already particularly from areas like port haracourt and awka ibom of deserted markets, schools and streets. Clearly Biafrans are Biafrans dna is evident.
(Okija market. Ikeokwu market . at PH

Further Report coming in from Nigeria also affirms that Economic Activities is at stand still.

I am just coming from Main Market Onitsha Right now, the Entrance gate is locked up no buying or selling is going , chukwujekwu a mechanic said.

A trader mrs Ifeoma when interviews also confirms that Economic activities at Nkpor Onitsha is at Standstill. look around every where is deserted like a ghost town. on a normal day this whole street is filed up by passerby, business men and woman.

How ever our reporter who conducted a snappy interview with Mrs Rosemary the owner of Madam Test and See Restaurants who locked her shop and was sitting at the veranda has this to say

Madam what is happening Today, why is the whole shops locked up and deserted?

we are observing the sit at home protest for the unlawful arrest and continue detention of Mazi Kanu who was unlawfully arrested since October last year.

So you really closed your shops? dont you have any regret?

why should i have a regret when i am doin the right thing? if it your son that was unlawfully arrested and someone says to you, sit at home and protest and the world will hear you what will you do obey or disobey?

Your customers, wont they feel bad ?

smiles, my customers are believers of Biafra Restoration They will never in any way feel bad,they prefer to go hungry hungry now and have their fill later when Biafra comes.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by veacea: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2016
Solidarity kwa

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by adenine02: 9:15am On Sep 23, 2016
just waiting to see how Saturday will look like

buh sincerely i support this sit at home

i which it can last for a month

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by jesse8048(m): 9:17am On Sep 23, 2016
Here in oyigbo, schools shutdown, most shops locked and some partially open. Streets and roads scanty like public holiday.

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by sarrki(m): 9:19am On Sep 23, 2016
Lol

Nothing wey man no go see with this criminal

Ipob

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by BiafranPrince: 9:20am On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:
Lol

Ipob

Afonja is frustrated.

209 Likes 11 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Ipobdevil: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2016
Ever Busy Onitsha Head bridge.. virtually deserted

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by mrvitalis(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2016
Whos business if shop owners decides not to sell... They should continue like this for 2 weeks please

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by redcap: 9:45am On Sep 23, 2016
Less talk and more pictures pls.
Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Xway(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2016
Laveda:
The flat heads.

I know this would yield nothing positive anyways.
I will quote u bk when it eventually turned out to be the opposite of ur ''claim''.... U have allowed ignorant and hypocrisy to be the basis of ur laim comments.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2016
Afonja...will not like this!

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Ipobdevil: 10:06am On Sep 23, 2016
IPOB SIT-AT-HOME UPDATE: ABA DESERTED, ONITSHA-ENUGU SHUT DOWN, IGWEOCHA-ONITSHA TRADERS ON HOLIDAY.

Family Writers Correspondence across all sections of Biafra Land has given an update on the 'Sit-at-home' protest which is currently taking places across Biafra Land and environs.

The indoor protest which is scheduled to hold today, September 23 2016, by the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, have early this morning around 9:30am left several cities in Biafra Land deserted, as millions of Biafrans both in Biafra Land and across Nigeria adheres to the protest 'modus operandi'.

A reporter from Aba, Abia state has disclosed that as at this morning, businesses, schools and transportation companies across the city witnesses a massive shut down as few people are seen parading the roads and streets.

In Onitsha, Anambra states, the hub of Commerce of Biafra Land also witnessed a massive level of desertion on roads, market and schools. Main market, Ochanja market, Okija market in Onitsha are all shut down. At Nkpor, shops are locked, as similar situation is noticed across Awka Road Onitsha.

In Port-Harcourt, several markets and businesses have all been locked up. Oil tools dealers at Mile 3 Market are nowhere to be found, Motor Parts dealers and Business tycoons at Ikokwu Port-Harcourt, all seem to be enjoying their holiday in their various homes, as Ikokwu Market is completely shut down.

STEEL VILLAGE at Eleme Rivers state is deserted. Hundreds of shops at Mile 1 Port-Harcourt are locked up, even as Trans-Amadi Oil Tools dealers have all gone on vacation.

Few civil servants and taxi drivers(mostly of Yoruba and Hausa origin) are spotted going about their daily routine.

Enugu also witnessing similar case, as shops in Ogbete Market are locked up. Few cars and people are seen on the roads as the beautiful city looks as if its inhabitants are still at sleep.

Family Writers Correspondence across Biafra Land have reported that hundreds of Military trucks and Police vans have been mounted across various check points, roadsides and other strategic places across Biafra Land, with personnels fully equipped to the teeth like soldiers ready to win a second World War.

Biafrans have been advised to remain indoors, as Human Rights groups have revealed that a "shoot at sight" order have been given to Nigerian military and Police, against any Biafran activist or loyalist seen on the streets or roads with any item or colour that synchronises with Biafra agitation.

More reports and updates will be coming shortly

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2016
Over here in Uyo and ikot ekpene are completely locked down...closed!

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Laveda(f): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2016
Xway:
I will quote u bk when it eventually turned out to be the opposite of ur ''claim''.... U have allowed ignorant and hypocrisy to be the basis of ur laim comments.

Not like I care anyways.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Brooklynsouth(f): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2016
mrvitalis:
Whos business if shop owners decides not to sell... They should continue like this for 2 weeks please
you just can't hide the yoruba in you

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by attackgat: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2016
The Biafran sit-at-home protest is turning out to be successful

Umu-Chineke!

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2016
they can stay at home forever for all we care...

Nobody will tell them to open when hunger descend on them.

Foolish people with archaic ideology...

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Unimaginable123: 10:27am On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:
Lol

Ipob

why are u talking like this?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Ipobdevil: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2016
I have been to Mainmarket Onitsha which is the biggest market in africa, and other market in Anambra, mgbuka obosi, ochanja market, relive market okpoko, even the women market and ogboefere all is not open only two of the market allowed some of their traders to of load their goods which arrived last night according to the two people that i interview at ogboefere and mgbuka obosi. No school is open those that open have just close few minutes ago, the whole of town serves bus in Biafra land are observing the public holiday as directed by the leadership of ipob uchemefo the deputy leader of ipob as noon of the transporters is on the road. Even the keke riders have no customers to left or take to anywhere. Biafrans are really wonderful. Divine rich reporting

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by SamJed(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2016
I just cant help but laugh when the brown roofians keep talking anyhow...i can feel their pain sha...they cant just stand the fact that slowly, like play like play success is showing...well i think they wish that someone will be bold enough to start their own struggle but they are still licking the fingers of the people living up the map...

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by adonis89(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2016
Brooklynsouth:
" u just can't hide d Yoruba in u" I love dat phrase. no mind d guy. he's always making nonsense contribution to any thread

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by izombie(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2016
I love my people so much. Umu igbo amaka

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by SalC: 10:34am On Sep 23, 2016
I got a call from Onitsha now that all schools and markets are shut down. No keke or bike on the road.

Never knew it will get to this. Looks like the Igbo men are disappointing those who think igbos can't forfeit their businesses for one day for any reason.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Ipobdevil: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2016
Anambara, imo, Awka-ibom, Cross river, Rivers, Abia, Eboyi, Delta, Bayalsa, and Enugu. All shut down today,

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by izombie(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Yomieluv:
they can stay at home forever for all we care...

Nobody will tell them to open when hunger descend on them.

Foolish people with archaic ideology...
how is it your problem if hunger kills us? You people are pathetic. Why don't you focus on your marriage with the hausas? Leave igbos alone abeg.

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Chigold101(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2016
Laveda:
The flat heads.

I know this would yield nothing positive anyways.
yes oh.
To people with your type of imagination.
But to the people that understand the meaning of freedom and control... It is already yielding much more fruits

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Carlmax(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2016
Why force people to stay when you clearly don't like them. Why so much hate, why the enslavement of Biafra. LORD Knows I go with them if they go in my life time. #buhariLetMyPeopleGo

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:
Lol

Ipob
the best thing some one can do to criminals is to stay away from criminals why? are you sharing your country with criminals abi you love criminals but criminals hate you saith

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports by mrvitalis(m): 10:57am On Sep 23, 2016
Brooklynsouth:
If am yoruba let me never know peace and if am igbo may u never know peace.. . Oya say amen

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

22 Soldiers Declared Wanted By Army For Running From Boko Haram / Mohammed Umar Named Acting EFCC Chairman - The Cable / Nigerian Air Force C-130H Aeromedical Evacuation (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.