Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Must A Woman Know How To Cook? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must A Woman Know How To Cook? (8718 Views)

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba / Smart Condom Detects STDs, Lets Users Know How Good They Are In Bed / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by AfricanApple(f): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2016
murphyibiam15. why are my post giving you high jumps don't be scared okay?

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by SexyCeline(f): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
its mandatory especially when you have plans of getting married to 9ja man...
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by sirliu(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
AfricanApple:
I always wonder, are there people in this world who feels joy whenever they are in the kitchen or is just a necessity for us to go into the kitchen?
as for me the latter is the case. oh! how I hate cooking most especially when the whether is hot.

BUT
the question is must a woman know how to cook? must she be that perfect chef, whom people should bite their tongue at the taste of her food?

your answer should be with reasonable reasons

I often heard this phrase that 'another woman will snatch your husband if you don't know how to cook' like uuhhh? Is food the essence of our living?

Shouldn't it be a thing of choice?

My own opinion?
she must not know how to cook
If your wife/girlfriend cannot cook, I don't think its a sin for you to teach her or better still do the cookings yourself.

No matter how modern a woman is, if she doesn't cook for her husband, the man will find someone else. It's kind of like sex. If your partner is terrible at sex, you will start looking for other people who at least decent. There's a reason why they say that the way to man's heart is through his stomach.
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by AfricanApple(f): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2016
sirliu:

No matter how modern a woman is, if she doesn't cook for her husband, the man will find someone else. It's kind of like sex. If your partner is terrible at sex, you will start looking for other people who at least decent. There's a reason why they say that the way to man's heart is through his stomach.
How can you even equalize sex with food.

if the woman is also bad at sex, the man would sought sexual pleasure outside. then I guess, if the man is bad at cooking the woman should sought stomach pleasure outside.
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by AfricanApple(f): 8:01am On Oct 13, 2016
SexyCeline:
its mandatory especially when you have plans of getting married to 9ja man...
that's something to go by. 'when you plan to marry naija guy' is their life defined by food?
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by sirliu(m): 5:52pm On Oct 13, 2016
AfricanApple:
How can you even equalize sex with food.

if the woman is also bad at sex, the man would sought sexual pleasure outside. then I guess, if the man is bad at cooking the woman should sought stomach pleasure outside.

I know it sounds unfair, but it's the truth, no matter how clever your response is. It's just the same way a woman will leave her husband if he cannot take care of his family. Even if the woman has more than enough money to take care of them both. If you meet a man who can tolerate your inability to cook, then good luck to you. I hope you can keep him engaged. I know modern men who hve left their wives for the same issue.
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
AfricanApple:
I always wonder, are there people in this world who feels joy whenever they are in the kitchen or is just a necessity for us to go into the kitchen?
as for me the latter is the case. oh! how I hate cooking most especially when the whether is hot.

BUT
the question is must a woman know how to cook? must she be that perfect chef, whom people should bite their tongue at the taste of her food?

I often heard this phrase that 'another woman will snatch your husband if you don't know how to cook' like uuhhh? Is food the essence of our living?

My own opinion?
If your wife/girlfriend cannot cook, I don't think its a sin for you to teach her or better still do the cookings yourself.
Must men give women money.....if yes, the former should be "Yes".....yeye girl

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by AfricanApple(f): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2016
reminiscing:

Must men give women money.....if yes, the former should be "Yes".....yeye girl
No its not a.must but necessary.
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
AfricanApple:
No its not a.must but necessary.

cooking is necessary too,it is not must

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by krissconnect(m): 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2016
Must a man know how to make money? Mtcheww... undecided

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by davidif: 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
"Must A Woman Know How To Cook?"

Which kind question be this? That's like asking must a man know how to work? or must a man know how to provide for his family?

My sister to answer your question, YES! if she wants to be a mother and a wife someday.
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by davidif: 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
krissconnect:
Must a man know how to make money? Mtcheww... undecided

Abi o. No mind this kids that were raised by "house girls" and think that they want to be mothers someday.
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by MrBiggzz(m): 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
AfricanApple:

BUT

My own opinion?

for me as a guy I can cook, if my gf or wife can't cook I wld love to teach her how to do so... if cooking is only her deficiency, am willing to accept her wit all my heart.., and make her d best chef in my life...
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by NemzySeries(m): 11:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
if u dunt kw aw to cook pls wat do u kw aw to do?
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by LoveDecay(m): 6:21am On Oct 25, 2016
MrBiggzz:

for me as a guy I can cook, if my gf or wife can't cook I wld love to teach her how to do so... if cooking is only her deficiency, am willing to accept her wit all my heart.., and make her d best chef in my life...

The fact that you meet girls that cant cook should tell you that your fishing in the wrong places. tongue
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by mrkay101(m): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2016
Pls Africanapple don't mind what they are saying.. Its not by force to learn how to cook. It was never written in the bible dat a woman must know how to cook.

So u should jst chill in ur marriage and wait for ur husband. When he gets bck 4rm work I'm sure he'll be glad to enta the kitchen and prepare something for the family to eat. And even in the morning b4 he goes to work breakfast is sure gona be ready

I'm also sure he would love to cook for ur vistors when they come around too. u jst chill in the sitting room with dem while ur hubby does all the cooking. Its not a crime my dear, we are in the 21st century and i don't see waht the fuss is all about.

I think the way it should be is the husbands should work and still cook too. Don't u think dat would be better
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by AfricanApple(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2016
MrBiggzz:

kiss kiss
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by AfricanApple(f): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2016
mrkay101:
Pls Africanapple don't mind what they are saying.. Its not by force to learn how to cook. It was never written in the bible dat a woman must know how to cook.

So u should jst chill in ur marriage and wait for ur husband. When he gets bck 4rm work I'm sure he'll be glad to enta the kitchen and prepare something for the family to eat. And even in the morning b4 he goes to work breakfast is sure gona be ready

I'm also sure he would love to cook for ur vistors when they come around too. u jst chill in the sitting room with dem while ur hubby does all the cooking. Its not a crime my dear, we are in the 21st century and i don't see waht the fuss is all about.

I think the way it should be is the husbands should work and still cook too. Don't u think dat would be better
with this kind of mentality I am sorry for you. you already assume you wife would be a house wife with no career. chai
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by mrkay101(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2016
AfricanApple:
with this kind of mentality I am sorry for you. you already assume you wife would be a house wife with no career. chai

Ha!!! shocked but am on ur side. I'm saying u don't need to learn hw to cook. Even as a working class u shouldn't at all
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by Maro4u(m): 11:23am On Nov 11, 2018
What is the need of a wife, when she cant cook?
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by keenn: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
AfricanApple:
A guy was telling me one day that, a girl visited him, he asked her to boil yam and do egg sauce.
She peeled the yam and cut it in a round shape, first mistake.
then the sauce was watery and salty.
he said when she left he never called her again. that he can't marry such a woman.
I was confused, cutting yam in a round has become not knowing how to Cook
sauce was salty, yeah! its a mistake and could happen to anyone
even professional cooks makes such mistakes

Your male friend is quite unbecoming.

I would have appreciated such a lady you just described, just as u said, the saltiness can be worked on.

That a lady should be able to cook means she should be able to make something someone can eat, at least, the conventional meals and not necesaarily the assorted types.
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by keenn: 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
AfricanApple:

Cooking will never ever define me.
why can't my husband know how to cook so that I can have a good feeling too
Don't even use our mothers, because most were stay-at-home mum, full housewives. but now women work and also bring money to the family.

the both of us goes to work and we are both tired, then we have to share the responsibility.

Plus, i said I hate cooking, I didn't say I don't know how to Cook. difference

I also hate washing clothes, but i dont wear dirty or stinky clothes.

Your hubby can know how to cook but, its a good thing if u can also.
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by bdchange(m): 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
I guess @Mr kay101 has answered you perfectly and yet you still blasted him. Then I realized you already know the truth but not ready to accept it. In fact if your mother visit let him also cook for your mother so you will be the happiest woman in the world. Smh
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by paix(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
grad2012:
YES she must and if she doesn't there is nothing wrong with u if u really really luv her as her husband or lover u can always teach her.
What had she been doing since from age 6 to 15? That's how you learn from your mother by grinding pepper, peeling the seasoning, cutting tomatoes and onions, boiling and frying the meat, etc.
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by paix(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
AfricanApple:

BUT

My own opinion?
On the other side of the coin. How would you feel if your husband is a one minute man?
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by space9880: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2018
AfricanApple:

BUT

My own opinion?

happy birthday to the girl that doesn't like cooking I pray to God to give you the Spirit to love cooking
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by Oluhills007: 11:20am On Dec 08, 2018
AfricanApple:
grin grin grin grin grin

Let me ask you... Must a man provide financially for his family.... Your answer to that .... Is the answer to your question..
Re: Must A Woman Know How To Cook? by Julietcutie(f): 10:16am On Dec 11, 2018
AfricanApple:
julietcutie, you have to learn how to cook because its what a man would look out for in you

that's serious
never said i dont know how to i said it may not be a hobby for some ladies but they eventually must learn how to its vital

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tale Of A House Boy … (18+) / Most Nigerian Girls See Sex As A Favor / Ladies Dont You Like Posessive Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.