Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Food For Thought For Parents U Need To Read This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Food For Thought For Parents U Need To Read This (760 Views)

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food For Thought For Parents U Need To Read This by ShelterHomes(m): 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
I remember when gaining admission into the University was still a problem. I had a friend that was lucky to gain admission before me. Whenever I went to visit her,her mother will tell me she is not at home. My friend started giving me attitude. She stopped coming to my house. I asked her what the problem was, she opened up and told me her mother had Warned her to stop associating with me because I might not be happy she gained admission, while I was still at home.
Ah I cried Sha. Honestly I was pained.
Fast forward 5 years later, I have gained admission, and even graduated, my friend was still in the University. It was a 5 Years course but she changed department and ended up spending 6 Years.
Her mother saw me in the neighborhood shortly after graduation and asked if I was on holiday. Holiday ke? Ma I have graduated. You can imagine the look on her face. Epic. Lol
I graduated with 2nd class upper,a year later she graduated with 3rd class
Some of us are guilty of this.
*When we have a house filled with kids.... Our loyal friend struggling to have kids becomes an enemy. We push them away
*Once we get married... Our loyal single friend becomes an enemy.. We push them away
*Once we get a job... Our loyal jobless friend becomes an enemy.... We push them away.
*Once we get to the top... Our loyal friends at the bottom becomes an enemy.... We push away.
*When we are happily married... Our loyal friend that is unfortunately a widow or divorcee becomes an enemy.... We push them away
*When we have food and water... Our loyal friend struggling to survive becomes an enemy... We push them away.
*Nobody is your enemy, you are only being an enemy to them
We quickly forget... Life is not static. It moves and changes
When you condemn a situation along with the person in the situation. You are only gambling.
At the end, the winner is always the person you condemned, the person you least expected.
This is food for thought. Have a good day... as you ponder on it........

5 Likes

Re: Food For Thought For Parents U Need To Read This by IBEJULEKKILANDS(m): 12:48am On Sep 24, 2016
Re: Food For Thought For Parents U Need To Read This by ShelterHomes(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2016

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This? (pic) / It My Son Birthday / How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.