Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,184 members, 7,780,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:32 AM

Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State (52342 Views)

BUHARI'S BIGGEST Mistake;fashola Fails Woefully!!! / Updates From The IPOB Declared Sit-At-Home Protest (Pictures) / IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
Markets Open As Traders Boycott IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order

The sit-at-home order by pro-Biafra groups, especially the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) was boycotted in Imo State Friday.

Markets, schools, government offices, as well as other public places were opened for business against the directive of the separatists groups, which ordered complete closure of all markets and business places across the Southeast to pray for the release of the detained IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kalu.

In Owerri, the Imo State capital, there was free movement as the residents went about their businesses without molestation as had earlier been feared.

Meanwhile there was heavy presence of armed Policemen who mounted at strategic locations across the capital city with their Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC).

However when contacted, MASSOB factional leader, Uchenna Madu, said that the exercise was successful across the zone.

According to him, “we achieved over sixty percent compliance in all the state and that shows that our people are committed to the struggle for a sovereign Biafra. It also shows that we are a powerful group and the people are behind what we are doing “.

On the reason for the sit-at-home, he said that “we decided to sit at home to pray for the release of Nnamdi Kanu and other detained pro-Biafra activists and also to afford our people the opportunity to reflect about the struggle”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/markets-open-traders-boycott-Igbos-sit-home-order/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/Igbos-sit-home-order-ineffective-imo-uwazuruike-says-senseless/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Mack3N: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thewrath come see wetin this one dey talk o

Why do I get the feeling that this is the kind of news nairaland has been waiting for all day,rubbish!

9 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
The recent threat by the leadership of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, to shut down the South East geo-political zone Friday, was largely ignored in Imo State, as people went about their normal businesses. All the markets, schools, medical facilities, financial houses and other business concerns remained open, while the state police command carefully positioned its personnel at strategic points, in all the major urban towns of the state. Speaking to Friday Vanguard on the preparedness of his command to counter any threat to peace, the Commissioner of Police, CP, Mr. Taiwo Lakanu, said “we are fully primed for action”. “This command is very friendly to law abiding citizens, but usually hard on miscreants. I advice IPOB loyalists to try their luck elsewhere because we are fully primed for action”, the CP said.

Continuing, Mr. Lakanu said that police presence can be felt everywhere and appealed to parents and guardians to caution their children and wards against taking actions that would pitch them against security agencies. “I am therefore, assuring Imo people that this command has installed adequate measures to effectively counter any IPOB uprising”, Lakanu said. Meanwhile, some people have attributed the failure of IPOB order in Owerri, to the counter instruction issued by the Chief Ralph Uwazuruike-led Biafra Independence Movement, BIM.

Uwazuruike, who spoke through his Director of Information, Mr. Sunday Okerafor, urged his loyalists to ignore the order and go about their lawful businesses. “The IPOB order is selfish and I’ll timed. Giving such an order in the face of the current economic hardship inflicted on Ndigbo by the Nigerian government, will cause more harm than good”, Uwazuruike reasoned.

While saying that it was senseless to ask Ndigbo to stay away from their means of livelihood, Chief Uwazuruike equally debunked IPOB’s claim that it fully discussed with various Igbo groups before handing down the stay at home order. “BIM was never consulted and we would never have consented to such a sudden order by IPOB”, Uwazuruike said

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Thewrath(m): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Even this one that claims to be an igboman cannot even decode ipob's message in this sit-at-home protest,spits!!!

Here's my opinion as to why ipob declared a peaceful sit-at-home protest.
https://www.nairaland.com/3367428/ipob-sit-at-home-protest-coded-message

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by rheether(f): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Have you forgotten? Okoro Hausa is the the governor.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by KINGMAKER001(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
Lol....these re really the sell outs...these people are the reason why they say ndi Igbo doesn't have one mind and not united...since January you ve been trading, you have not made the whole money in the world, is it just today that you gonna make all you have not made over the years...simple instruction, you couldn't keep to it....Well it doesn't matter if y'all opened your shops, the most important thing is that many states including Akwa ibom, Rivers etc adhered strictly to the sit @ home protest...

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
rheether:
Have you forgotten? Okoro Hausa is the the governor.

Imo residents are not part of the PDP sponsored IPOB. I've argued that severally and won in the end. Even the last protest failed in Imo and they had to recruit people from all parts of Nigeria to come and protest in Imo.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
Lol....these re really the sell outs...these people are the reason why they say ndi Igbo doesn't have one mind and united...since January you ve been trading, you have not made the whole money in the world, is it just today that you gonna make all you have not made over the years...simple instruction, you couldn't keep to it....Well it doesn't matter if y'all opened your shops, the most important thing is that many states including Akwa ibom, Rivers etc adhered strictly to the sit @ home protest...

The senseless protest has nothing to do with Igbo unity as IPOB is a political group affiliated with PDP. Only a non-partisan group with defined pro Igbo agenda can get unanimous support of all Igbos.

149 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by aylagos(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
Peoples from that state are more educated and enlighten people in the South East. No offence

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by YonkijiSappo: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
Waiting for IPAD Devils to come and blame Yorubas for the failure of their authoritarian fiat to take hold in Imo state.
In 3...2...1.....

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by DavSagacity(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
I said it in the morning that
Any igbo or Biafran That decide Not to
go to Work does So at his or her
own peril.
Shey the order go Bring moneey
for our pocket and stomach..?

School done resume Shey na ipod Abi na ipad
go help me pay for My son Emeka
school fees....?
Nna !!! They should go and siddon

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by maryjan8(f): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by mccoy47(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

The senseless protest has nothing to do with Igbo unity as IPOB is a political group affiliated with PDP. Only a non-partisan group with defined pro Igbo agenda can get unanimous support of all Igbos.

Which Akwa ibom?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Pavore9: 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
On top this recession! cheesy cheesy

Identifying with any movement is optional.

4 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by slick1(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Nonybb: 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2016
S
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by dafuturis(m): 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2016
IPOD and their activities are only taken serious in Onitsha and some parts of Aba. Every other parts of the SE don't give a fvvck.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by olaolulazio(m): 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2016
It failed here in Ajah Lagos cus them no go wan enter lagoon Na.

Na play i dey play ooo

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by bligs: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
Lol....these re really the sell outs...these people are the reason why they say ndi Igbo doesn't have one mind and not united...since January you ve been trading, you have not made the whole money in the world, is it just today that you gonna make all you have not made over the years...simple instruction, you couldn't keep to it....Well it doesn't matter if y'all opened your shops, the most important thing is that many states including Akwa ibom, Rivers etc adhered strictly to the sit @ home protest...
Of what benefits will the sit at home be to you & the whole igbo race at large if not exercise in futility?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by prince985(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
Dat is how dey try to paint dis pple black...dis was not a threat to shut down d whole SE and SS it was an order for ONLY Biafrans to sit at home in solidarity with their leader....and I don't understand...it was a sit at home protest so wat wer d idiotic police positionin at d so-called "strategic positions" for? Na so dem fear ipob reach?...pple who talk about one Nigeria..herdsmen have been killing us in Enugu hav d idiot police arrested even one of dem? but they are being proactive because of ipob protest...sit at home protest for dat matter
...smh and some pple still call us jokers ... una never start

17 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
grin angry
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by SpeedOfLight: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Peacetemi: 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2016

You want people to sit at home in this recession?? cheesy
Except you're willing to pay them.
Otherwise, it's the biggest Joke of the century

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
KINGMAKER001:

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Ghost447(m): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
A house that is divided against it self cannot stand - Jesus Christ.

9 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
[size=24pt]My name is Mr Biafraudd u can get me on politics...

It also failed in Oyigbo Market Nigeria... I taped it today... Spoke my dialect for those calling me Yoruba.

Every body please watch my video. Biafra sit at home failed in Oyigbo... Evidence video
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHUnZM3kbf4&sns=sms

grin grin it failed in Oyigbo market I must expose them grin Video on my YouTube link above grin grin grin grin

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by avalontony(m): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hunger no get respect grin cheesy grin

10 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by HopeAtHand: 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
I think the posture of the different govt of each SE state determines the reaction of their populace to Baifra/IPOB.

I saw someone uploaded pictures of an empty market in Oyigbo as Port Harcourt, and claimed we were observing Baifra sit-at-home protest. Very laughable indeed!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Freedom4us: 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
CHAI true true, the rest of Nigeria dey fear IPOB oh!

na why dem dey fight una badly.

Dem don go dig up Old picture say na today grin grin grin grin grin

No man fights to keep his rubbish, rubbish is discarded.

IPOB the reason they are fighting you is because they know that they can't survive without you!

mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid that Biafra will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra

We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad

As I said before "No man fights to keep his rubbish, rubbish is discarded."
It's whats of value they fight to keep!

So IPOB Nigeria needs you .

THE QUESTION IS DOES IPOB NEED NIGERIA?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Dottore: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by obi4eze(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by holluwai(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
Make them no chop akpu today, abi?

tongue
tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amos Iyari Monye: I Beg To Feed Despite Working Under Buhari, Obasanjo, Gowon / INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Shot In The Buttocks By SARS In Rivers State. Photos / Protesters In Borno Demand Reinstatement Of SARS (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.