Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Governor Amosun And The Plight Of Ogun WASSCE Candidates. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Amosun And The Plight Of Ogun WASSCE Candidates. (1358 Views)

RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students / Don’t Sacrifice Our Future For Edo Election, WASSCE Candidates Beg Buhari / The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Amosun And The Plight Of Ogun WASSCE Candidates. by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 24, 2016
The West African Examination Council, (WAEC), released its 2016 May/June West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE), results on the 5th of August this year. This brought much relief to the candidates who had waited with bated breath for the release of the results. Their joy knew no bounds when the examination body announced that the result was the best in ten years. This increased their eagerness to check their results to see how they fared.
It has been almost two months since the release of the results but no public school student in Ogun State has been able to check their result. This has been blamed on the huge debts the state currently owes WAEC. Since the return to democracy in 1999, successive administration in the state has made it a duty to pay the WASSCE fees of all public school students. This is part of the state's free education policy which is geared towards ensuring that all children in the state have access to education.
Since governor Ibikunle Amosun came into office, the state has become a serial debtor to WAEC and has defaulted many times in paying the fees. In fact, it has become an almost yearly experience. The state is rumoured to owe WAEC debts in excess of two billion naira which informed its decision to withhold the results of all public school candidates in the state.
The state indebtedness to WAEC has left many students traumatized. Many of them have written and passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and need their WASSCE result for the post-UTME screening of the various institutions they chose. They are unable to take part in the post-UTME screenings due to no fault of theirs.
Neither governor Amosun nor his aides have said anything about the plight of these young school leavers whose future seems to hang in the balance. The governor is hereby advised to pay up the debts and save these poor school children the agony of watching their future being toyed with.

Lalasticlala, fynestboi, let us together save the future of Ogun state students from peril.
Re: Governor Amosun And The Plight Of Ogun WASSCE Candidates. by Kunlexic(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2016
Up till now,it is still showing no result. The funniest thing was i checked fir my sister on my phone dat day it was released but when she go to cafe to print,it is showing no result till now
Re: Governor Amosun And The Plight Of Ogun WASSCE Candidates. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kunlexic:
Up till now,it is still showing no result. The funniest thing was i checked fir my sister on my phone dat day it was released but when she go to cafe to print,it is showing no result till now
Well...I heard students can now access their results. I am not in Abeokuta at the moment, so I am not too sure.

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Studying Any Of These Courses In Nigerian Uni. You Are Not In School / Biennial Emeritus Professor O. O. Akinkugbe National Inter-medical School Quiz / University Are Begging JAMB To Allow Them Admit Scores Below Cut-off Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.