Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

The Different Ways God Speak To Us Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Different Ways God Speak To Us Today (651 Views)

Have You Ever Heard God Speak? / One Of The Ways God Showed His Existence In My Life. True Story / Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Different Ways God Speak To Us Today by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2016
I’m writing this in response to a nairalander (Introvertxtian) demand for recommended books of how to hear from God. Well, we actually hear from God not only the audible way, but in different ways.

The Bible records God’s speaking to people many times in the early period of the creation of mankind and people ask does God still speak to us today? The answer is definitely Yes!

God does speak to people today. First, God Speak To us though His words in the Holy Bible as it’s written in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 which says “All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be couple, equipped for every good work. The Bible is God’s word, everything we need to know in order to be saved and live a Christian life is contained in it. “

Secondly, God can also speak to us through event and circumstances. God allows events both good and bad to occur in our lives to direct us, change us and help us grow spiritually as it written in Peter 1:6-7 “ In this you greatly rejoice, through now for a little while you may had to suffer grief in all kinds of trial. This have come so that your faith of greater worth than gold, which perish even though refined by fire and may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed”

God can also speak through people as well. Like me personally, I was having bouts of depression which later resulted to a breakdown and one of my relative took me to the Church for prayers and as I stepped into the church even without showing any outward appearance of ailment, a woman with a bad leg, standing under a tree cried out and shouted “they have seen your star and they want to destroy you”. This I heard and my dad also heard it. I strongly believe that woman is either an angel in human form or just someone God used to pass that important message across and from that day I work very hard to make sure they don’t succeed and you know what? The very moment I ran to Jesus, the depression disappeared and right now I’m filled with peace, joy and happiness. All thanks to Jesus.

God may sometimes also speak audibly to people. It is highly doubtful, though, that this occur as often as some people claim it does. Again, even in the Bible, God speaking audibly is the exception and not the ordinary. If anyone claims that God has spoken to him or her, always compare what is said with what the Bible says. If God were to speak today, His words would be in full agreement with what He has said in the Bible.

So my dear friends, with this I’m quite convinced that you now know how to source for God’s words and how know how to listen effectively the ones he speak to you either directly or through people and if there is any other way you think God can speak to someone, please state it below. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Different Ways God Speak To Us Today by DonXavi(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2016
God speaks and He is still speaking even now. God speaks to us through everything around us. But, for one to hear God and know that He is the one speaking, first, one needs to be in a relationship with Him. Even if I should be in the darkest of places, once I hear the voice of my father I wouldn't need a soothsayer to tell me that that's my father speaking over there, for the fact that I am used to him and know his voice I can recognize it even in the dark.
The same way it is with God and his children. Once you have the spirit of God dwelling in you, you can hear Him very well.
God speaks to everyone here on earth, but because these other ones are far from Him they'll always disregard His voice when He's speaking to them and term it a normal occurrance.

1 Like

Re: The Different Ways God Speak To Us Today by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 24, 2016
Through dreams, visions and the prophetic..

1 Like

Re: The Different Ways God Speak To Us Today by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2016
DonXavi:
God speaks and He is still speaking even now. God speaks to us through everything around us. But, for one to hear God and know that He is the one speaking, first, one needs to be in a relationship with Him. Even if I should be in the darkest of places, once I hear the voice of my father I wouldn't need a soothsayer to tell me that that's my father speaking over there, for the fact that I am used to him and know his voice I can recognize it even in the dark.
The same way it is with God and his children. Once you have the spirit of God dwelling in you, you can hear Him very well.
God speaks to everyone here on earth, but because these other ones are far from Him they'll always disregard His voice when He's speaking to them and term it a normal occurrance.

Very true. Most of the good things I do, I hear a voiceless sound in my mind telling me to do them and I think it's voice of the Holy Spirit. It takes practice and calmness to recognise the voice though.
Re: The Different Ways God Speak To Us Today by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 24, 2016
Jacksonville:
Through dreams, visions and the prophetic..
I agree with dreams because some dreams are not ordinary but a message from God. Remember how God used dreams to transform Joseph's life.

1 Like

Re: The Different Ways God Speak To Us Today by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 24, 2016
Jesuobu:
I agree with dreams because some dreams are not ordinary but a message from God. Remember how God used dreams to transform Joseph's life.

Yes..and his dream was a prophetic one.

God was speaking to him through a visual revelation[dream] about his future and the kind of person he is going to be.

Jeremiah 29:11 ''I know the thoughts and plans i have towards you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future''
Re: The Different Ways God Speak To Us Today by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lalasticlala Seun let people know how to know when God speaks to them

(1) (Reply)

BIAFRA: Let My People Go, Prophet Nwoko Tells Buhari / Why Did God "Harden" Pharaoh's Heart To To Prolong Israelites Suffering? / A Word Is Enough For A Wise...........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.