Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Veteran Journalist Edmond Obilo And Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi Resigns From Splash FM - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Veteran Journalist Edmond Obilo And Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi Resigns From Splash FM (6354 Views)

Biography Of Late Veteran Yoruba Actress Alhaja Motunrayo Adeoye / Nollywood Veteran Euchariaanunobi 's Son Raymond Laid To Rest Today. / Arsene Wenger Finally Resigns From Arsenal To Move To Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veteran Journalist Edmond Obilo And Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi Resigns From Splash FM by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2016

It was an intense moment as Edmond Obilo and Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi announced on radio during voices program that they will be leaving splash Fm. Edmond Obilo is a journalist who anchors various programs on splash fm the first private radio station in Ibadan, Oyo state. Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi is an analyst on voices program on splash Fm, She is also a broadcaster and speaks on various issues concerning Nigeria and the world at large.

Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi said ‘’I started my analysis on Splash FM with the issue of Boko Haram and my second edition analysis was on National youth service corps and I spoke against the program and was lambasted on social media for my opinion on Nysc program and I said I will not do analysis on voices anymore but Edmond Obilo encouraged me not be dissuaded by those comments''.

''Many Month and years after I get used to analysis bothering the state of the Nation''. She was asked that, what will happen to leading woman? She answered ‘’Broadcasting craft continue someone else will replace me’’. Where are you going? ‘’Am going to pursue my dreams, sometimes in life we will not find rest not until we pursue our dreams’’ She said, It has been an honor been with Edmond Obilo, ‘’I have picked a lot of things from Edmond instinct and characteristics’’.

Edmond Obilo then said ‘’it is a coincidence as Ife is living the same time he is also leaving splash fm’’ he said there is no hassle or quarrel between him and the management of the radio station. ‘’We have decided to pursue our dreams in different ways’’

He said, Seven years ago chief Adebayo Akande the founder of Splash fm called him that have u watch Fareed Zakaria on CNN and Edmond Obilo he said no. Chief Adebayo Akande then said that is the man I want you to be like. Edmond said ‘’I started watching, studying and reading Zakaria’s books’’

‘’Studying the likes of Christopher Wallace and works of great broadcaster round the world’’ ‘’ For me to be like Fareed Zakaria I must be a scholar broadcaster, I must go beyond reading and reporting, I must be able to analyze news, forming perspective and make projection’’

He said, ‘’Adebayo Akande accept my resignation on Wednesday as we earlier discussed that when it is time he will allow me to go. I will not go beyond this explanation because am already down. It is a small world and splash fm is still our home’’ He said his last program on splash fm radio station will be on Wednesday, 28th of September 2016.

Read More @ http://www.petalsblog.com/2016/09/veteran-journalist-edmond-obilo-and.html

1 Like

Re: Veteran Journalist Edmond Obilo And Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi Resigns From Splash FM by AdeniyiA(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Splash FM will surely feel their departure.
They've surely carved a niche for themselves in the art of journalism.
I will definitely miss Edmund, his programmes make me listen to radio

2 Likes

Re: Veteran Journalist Edmond Obilo And Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi Resigns From Splash FM by GoggleB(m): 8:23am On Sep 25, 2016
I love the voices.. People wud really miss Edmund Obilo...
Maybe Obinoscopy shud go and take over..

1 Like

Re: Veteran Journalist Edmond Obilo And Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi Resigns From Splash FM by Mosesjoker(m): 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
wow.....the whole of Ibadan will surely miss you guys.

(1) (Reply)

Your Experience With Banger/ Firecrackers / 1960bet Have Refused To Pay Me For Over A Month !!!! / How To Prepare Gbetugbetu Yoruba Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.