Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin (2790 Views)

"My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by Ahmadgani(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
Alfa? if the conditions of marriage are met, who needs any Alfa? when shall we completely differentiate between Islam and culture?

2 Likes

Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by Empiree: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
Ahmadgani:
Alfa? if the conditions of marriage are met, who needs any Alfa? when shall we completely differentiate between Islam and culture?
If you have been reading all along, you would not have made this comment. A simple Youtube video search in American muslim wedding would tell you this is human norm. For your claim to be valid, you have to bring islamic source(s) that forbids appointing Imam or Alfa to conducting nikkah. In the West they also take their matrimonial issues to Imam or Sheik for counseling. dont know why this is issue. No one says it is compulsory imam or Alfa should be there.
Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by Ahmadgani(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
Empiree:
If you have been reading all along, you would not have made this comment. A simple Youtube video search in American muslim wedding would tell you this is human norm. For your claim to be valid, you have to bring islamic source(s) that forbids appointing Imam or Alfa to conducting nikkah. In the West they also take their matrimonial issues to Imam or Sheik for counseling. dont know why this is issue. No one says it is compulsory imam or Alfa should be there.

nobody is saying that appointing an imam or a scholar to OVERSEE a nikkah is wrong. if the west or the Americans do that, then it does not justify the practice.
my argument is emphasizing that the condition or the yardstick used by the alfa to cancel the wedding does not hold water. it is totally wrong. please stop using the west or Americans as reference. Islam is far far beyond that in short Islam is too big for that
Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by Empiree: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
Ahmadgani:

nobody is saying that appointing an imam or a scholar to OVERSEE a nikkah is wrong. if the west or the Americans do that, then it does not justify the practice.
my argument is emphasizing that the condition or the yardstick used by the alfa to cancel the wedding does not hold water. it is totally wrong. please stop using the west or Americans as reference. Islam is far far beyond that in short Islam is too big for that
Obviously you didnt read my comment. Also, you need to understand that when I said American or West, it is the same people from African, Asia, Arabian etc that exported the idea over there. Besides, in American culture itself, both families come together and invite cleric. You still have not quoted islamic sources forbidden appointing Imam or Sheik in a nikkah. Don't just come up with "it is not islamic".

So you need to make up your mind @bolded. This is what many of you disagree with hear.

Second, the "condition" which is kneeling, i dont think anyone agrees with it. So i really dont know where you driving at.
Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by Ahmadgani(m): 9:05am On Nov 14, 2016
Empiree:
Obviously you didnt read my comment. Also, you need to understand that when I said American or West, it is the same people from African, Asia, Arabian etc that exported the idea over there. Besides, in American culture itself, both families come together and invite cleric. You still have not quoted islamic sources forbidden appointing Imam or Sheik in a nikkah. Don't just come up with "it is not islamic".

So you need to make up your mind @bolded. This is what many of you disagree with hear.

Second, the "condition" which is kneeling, i dont think anyone agrees with it. So i really dont know where you driving at.

I am not against an imam or an Alfa overseeing a wedding procession. my initial argument was against the Alfa canceling that wedding for a selfish reason.

I still repeat that if the marriage conditions are met, then there is no need for an imam or Alfa.

Forget about the Arabians or the Africans Islam is for the whole mankind. salam brother

2 Likes

Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by Empiree: 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
Ahmadgani:

I am not against an imam or an Alfa overseeing a wedding procession. my initial argument was against the Alfa canceling that wedding for a selfish reason.

I still repeat that if the marriage conditions are met, then there is no need for an imam or Alfa.

You confusing me akhi
Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by Ahmadgani(m): 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
Empiree:
You confusing me akhi
maybe we are saying the same indirectly. salam
Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
It is the fault of those who went to call all these professional alufaas and their apprentices in the first place. If we stopped calling them for our occasions, maybe they will find proper jobs. The problem is that if you ask 99.99% of these 'grand scholars', they cannot even tell you the fundamental conditions of a valid nikah, and when they recite Quran for you, they will leave you gasping for breath, especially if you understand Arabic. Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by Empiree: 3:28am On Jan 21, 2017
Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by mrwiddy(m): 4:13am On Jan 21, 2017
tintingz:
Some Alfas and thier sexism, why not tell the husband to kneel down as well.

Even in their lectures they are always blaming women/wives for marital misunderstanding in marriages.
if course d man wud prostrate himself nd his gland during jimah,likewise,d woman may kneel b4 him to gv MouthAction....si what's wrong.

Anyway,till i find what z haram in kneeling/postrating for som1 (other than sujood). #stop branding muslims that have recourse for such act as infidels.... islam = tepidness.
Re: A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin by tintingz(m): 9:10am On Jan 21, 2017
mrwiddy:
if course d man wud prostrate himself nd his gland during jimah,likewise,d woman may kneel b4 him to gv MouthAction....si what's wrong.

Anyway,till i find what z haram in kneeling/postrating for som1 (other than sujood). #stop branding muslims that have recourse for such act as infidels.... islam = tepidness.
Some professors here said it is haram to prostrate to greet elders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak To All Nairalanders / Righteousness Is In Good Character / Meraj (night Ascension): The Jorney Of The Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.