Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Can Court Recover Such Money? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can Court Recover Such Money? (483 Views)

SARS Operatives Recover Bus Stolen At Gunpoint, Arrest Suspects (Photos) / Police Pose As Buyers, Recover N37m Stolen Benz G-wagon About To Be Sold N15m / Soldiers Arrest Kidnapper In Nkporo, Abia, Recover Over N5M & Weapons. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Court Recover Such Money? by ejiykzazi2007(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
Armed robbers broke into our house in the middle of the night, after the operation, they parted with cash worth 5m, the money was contributed by family and friends for my mother to enable her do some business.
One of the gang that came has been caught by the police and confessed that he was part of the gang that robbed us but he is saying that they didnt see any money, that was what he said in his statement.
The culprit has been charged to court, my problem is that since there is no evidence of such money, accept for the fact that my uncle brought it to the house, because my mother demanded it cash, can such money be recovered from the criminals by the court?
Re: Can Court Recover Such Money? by ejiykzazi2007(m): 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
Please Lawyers in the house, l need contributions. I am just curious.
Re: Can Court Recover Such Money? by Nina4u(f): 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2016
Sorry no.. Nobodey has proof that money came to your house or proof we're money is now.. To me it look like an insider job.. Did the uncle tell anybody he was gonna bring the money.. Did the mother tell a gf.. Friend she was gonna give the money.. Somebody must have known... This is too much of a coincident to be a break-in only in u'r house.. Nobody else on the street.. Why we're u targeted.. Someone told them the money would be there
Re: Can Court Recover Such Money? by ejiykzazi2007(m): 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
But he is criminal, he admitted he was among the gang that came to our house. So does it now mean that when an armed robber robs you and u hv no evidence of the things u were rob of, then the robber didnt rob anything?
Re: Can Court Recover Such Money? by kolaaderin: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
In this century who does that, 5 million cash in UR home is UR house a bank?

I'm sorry that money is gone the thief will only be sentenced to jail, nothing more.
Re: Can Court Recover Such Money? by ejiykzazi2007(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
So l can keep cash in my house again? Cash meant to do biz. I was waiting to hear that court will ask for slight evidence, such as envidence that my uncle witdraw the money from his bank account that day the incident happened.

If the money is gone, it means that armed robbers who rob people of their cash are safe na. They can keep the money in their bank accounts, finish their jail term and start enjoying d money.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Survivor Of Violence Cries For Justice / Police Smashes Baby Factory In Rivers State Where Children Are Sold Between 100- / Spdc Stop Killing Our Kids And The Unborn Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.