Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,923 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:34 AM

Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] (3324 Views)

Snake Killed By My Dog Last Night / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is The Cutest And Most Photogenic In Nigeria == Prove Me Wrong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hello house.
My dog, Boo has issues. I've googled the symptoms and the result I got were based on prostate diseases.
Since the beginning of last month, blood has been dripping from his penis. embarassed
I was in school when I got the news and I was told not to worry because the vet had already administered two injections. My mum even teased that he has gonorrhea because he has too many partners. That dog will stick his thing into a bottle even!
First of all, I don't trust these vets in badagry, where I stay.
Three years ago, I had a puppy, Barbie who fell ill, a vet 'treated' her and told us she'll be fine, yet she died after 12 hours. I mourned for weeks. I've had 4 more female dogs after Barbie, including one German Shepard and they all died too, even after their 'treatments' from these badagry vets. Ever since then, I stopped getting female dogs and I started doubting the authenticity of these so-called vets in badagry.

Back to Boo- He clocked 4 last month, August 25th. When I got home from school after my exams, I was shocked to learn that blood was still dripping and this time, it was darker and thicker. I was disappointed in the new vet and my mum said he told her that "The treatment will cure him after two months" WTF! What kind of injection works after two months when the dog would have probably died. angry
I decided to take matters into my hands o. I googled all day and according to the results of prostate diseases, the treatments were Neutering or Anti-biotic drugs.
How can I neuter a dog of 4 years? I read online that even a dog of 7 years could be neutered but it all depends on breeds and Boo's breed is definitely not up for that.
The funny thing is that he's still 100% active. He barks, eats like crazy and plays alot.
I got the drugs and he finished it. The blood still dripped but it was lighter and it wasn't as much as before. I had hope that he was getting better.
About two weeks ago, he shook his body (the way dogs do when they get wet or irritated) and something fell out and it was obviously from his penis. It looked like fat. I thought it was the drug working out o and I was happy that everything was working out.
Now today, I noticed he has been licking his genital region and he doesn't want to get up. He has vomited thrice although he's got appetite.
I checked his penis and what i saw frightened me. I am so scared now. I don't know what to do. I'm worried and confuse.
Any vets here? And dog owner with similar issue? Any advice? Please HELP!!! cry

First Picture is what fell out when he shook his body two weeks ago.
Second Picture is what I saw this afternoon
Third Picture is Boo embarassed
Fourth Picture is Boo the other two dogs of which one is a Great Dane.

CC: Seun
Fynestboi

3 Shares

Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by DteesKennel: 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
ur number hro lemme add u to my whatsapp dog grup
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by Benbobola(m): 7:01am On Sep 25, 2016
Now, this is what you call an emergency!
Contact drgbaks
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by fabulouskay(m): 7:06am On Sep 25, 2016
Benbobola:
Contact drgbaks
Exactly who I was about recommending. Here's her no from one of her posts; 07055250210. Hopefully,she still uses it and is on WhatsApp. All the best
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by joeyztime(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2016
Treatment and prevention
Whenever we encounter any of the above problems of the prostate in the dog (there are others, but these make up over 98% of the total cases), we are dealing with long-term and often expensive therapy. For example, the successful treatment of a chronic bacterial prostatitis will usually require 6 to 8 weeks of continuous oral medication, injections, urinary catheterizations, enemas, and possible surgery. In almost all cases, where it is an option, the patient is neutered, because after the testosterone is removed, the gland will shrink and the condition is much easier to treat. This would of course have no effect on a case where cancer was involved.
Over 90% of all prostatic diseases would be prevented during the life of all dogs if the animal was castrated in the first year of life. Neutering will have no effect on the incidence of cancer, but remember this is very rare.
Obtained from a website on Canine care. Good luck with your pet.
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
fabulouskay:

Exactly who I was about recommending. Here's her no from one of her posts; 07055250210. Hopefully,she still uses it and is on WhatsApp. All the best
Benbobola:
Contact drgbaks

Her number isn't going through
She doesn't seem active on WhatsApp although I've sent a message and her location says oyo state
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by Benbobola(m): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
Sept20:

She doesn't seem active on WhatsApp although I've sent a message and her location says oyo state
She just got married. Dunno if she's still on honeymoon tho grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
Benbobola:
Oh, cute! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by theladyenny: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2016
Give him antibiotics and clean his testes. Its obvious he has a disease in that area
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by wesleychidi(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
From the picture u posted,it looks like transmissible venereal tumour. Its a contagious neoplastic(tumour) disease. U are wasting ur time using antibiotics cos its a viral disease. If u were in ph u would have contacted me but u can contact a competent vet close to u. He will know wat to do.... Good luck.
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
wesleychidi:
From the picture u posted,it looks like transmissible venereal tumour. Its a contagious neoplastic(tumour) disease. U are wasting ur time using antibiotics cos its a viral disease. If u were in ph u would have contacted me but u can contact a competent vet close to u. He will know wat to do.... Good luck.

I'll be taking him to a vet tomorrow morning.
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by Surely63(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
DteesKennel:
ur number hro lemme add u to my whatsapp dog grup
bro can you add me there too 07031590005
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by justinbolodj(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2016
Oga mi sir please add my number too 08124518112 tanks
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by drgbaks(f): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
Benbobola:
Now, this is what you call an emergency! Contact drgbaks

Thank you very much Benbobola
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by drgbaks(f): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2016
fabulouskay:

Thanks Fabulouskay
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by drgbaks(f): 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Benbobola:

grin
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by drgbaks(f): 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
Sept20:

I'm sorry I wasn't available at your time of need. Hopefully, your dog is much better now?
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by drgbaks(f): 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
wesleychidi:

True. Though it is not a viral disease- but a neoplastic one as you earlier mentioned. smiley
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by imeyalo09: 7:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
Get more infor about pet care here and also win a lots of freebies. Visit http://pethealth.top
Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
drgbaks:

I'm sorry I wasn't available at your time of need. Hopefully, your dog is much better now?

No. Not at all. The tumour is growing. I found a new vet and he seems relaiable. He asked that we get Vincristine or doxorubicin injections and that is the issue now. The injections seem so scarce. I have checked up to 11 pharmacies in badagry, 4 in ikorodu and also agbara and ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save The Life Of My Dog!!! [VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED] by drgbaks(f): 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
[quote author=Sept20 post=50921720]

No. Not at all. The tumour is growing. I found a new vet and he seems relaiable. He asked that we get Vincristine or doxorubicin injections and that is the issue now. The injections seem so scarce. I have checked up to 11 pharmacies in badagry, 4 in ikorodu and also agbara and ikeja.

Hi dear. It is wrong for the vet to ask you to get the drugs. Those are chemotherapeutic drugs and most likely would not be sold over-the-counter, without prescription. He should get the drugs and administer himself. All in all, I feel so bad that you don't have access to experienced and competent veterinary clincs around you. If you can, I'll recommend PetCare or Truthmiles Animal Hospitals both in Ikeja. Both are very good.
Hope to hear good news from you soon.

(1) (Reply)

My Gsd Barked And Ran From A Stranger / The Most Painful Decision I Have Ever Made / Pitbull-boerboel Puppies Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.