Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist (1165 Views)

Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace / Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by Truthman83(m): 11:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
I have been a free person for few months now and sometimes I look back at what I used to blindly believe in and how it almost messed up my life. The christian faith is like a person born in prison who has no idea what freedom is. You are born in it,taught how to live in it and have made a career for yourself as a good prisoner.

I noticed that individuals in a church are also held to this fearful world-view by the constant emphasis on evil and the ability of Satan, the devil. Everything is blamed on the devil and it is obvious the priests and pastors speak more about evil,fear than good.

Individuals are held to this fearful world-view by the constant threat of hell. That there is a continuous fear of hell within every christian as they are not sure if they will escape it or not. Ask any christian about hell fire,and you will see they go red in fear

The christian “worship” is more centered around a particular interpretation of the Bible rather than something that is felt in the heart. No christian can claim they feel the power of God. If they do say so,it is a big lie. And if they persist,ask them to demonstrate it and they will crawl back into their shells.

Many people are still Christians today because they are scared to doubt. Doubting the bible stories is a sin,hence a lot of people who would probably have left are still in it.

Without Fear,there is no Christianity.

Atheists have a lot of work to do on this forum. You must encourage people to think for themselves and take control of their lives.

Thanks,I will be back soon.

Ade

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 12:11am On Sep 25, 2016
Nice Thread!
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by EyeHateGod: 12:52am On Sep 25, 2016
See the people who wrote the Bible didn't intended it to be read literally but symbolically, Just like tales by moon light they ask the children what do u learn from this story? But today what do we have? People actually take it as a Historical fact.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by ifenes(m): 10:33am On Sep 25, 2016
EyeHateGod:
See the people who wrote the Bible didn't intended it to be read literally but symbolically, Just like tales by moon light they ask the children what do u learn from this story? But today what do we have? People actually take it as a Historical fact.

grin the case where a moon light story became real

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 10:53am On Sep 25, 2016
What about evolution? It is blivd that a bacteria cell without head,hands, legs, lungs, eyes, nose etc is the genesis of all life forms if you can bliv dis, what kind of fairy tale should we call dis? grin grin grin
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by mmsen: 10:57am On Sep 25, 2016
adjoviomole:
What about evolution? It is blivd that a bacteria cell without head,hands, legs, lungs, eyes, nose etc is the genesis of all life forms if you can bliv dis, what kind of fairy tale should we call dis? grin grin grin

The OP did not make reference to evolution. Why are you afraid to deal with the issue raised?

4 Likes

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 11:05am On Sep 25, 2016
mmsen:

The OP did not make reference to evolution. Why are you afraid to deal with the issue raised?

He did not mention evolution but christianity and I am mentioning evolution. because if u say wot is in d bible is fairtale, then wot evolution is about is a fable too simple grin grin
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by ifenes(m): 11:08am On Sep 25, 2016
adjoviomole:

What has evolution got to do with the topic?

6 Likes

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 11:10am On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:

What has evolution got to do with the topic?

D topic says advice to christians. So I am equally advising them too grin
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by ifenes(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2016
adjoviomole:

D topic says advice to christians. So I am equally advising them too grin

You have nothing to contribute then,typical christian.

6 Likes

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 11:15am On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:

You have nothing to contribute then,typical christian.

If christianity is a fairytale , same goes for evolution simple grin. Only d end will tell who is actually right amongst both .
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by ifenes(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2016
adjoviomole:

If christianity is a fairytale , same goes for evolution simple grin. Only d end will tell who is actually right amongst both .

No one is talking about evolution here. Evolution is the least of non christian worries. It is not an"IF" Christianity is fake!

5 Likes

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 11:24am On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:

No one is talking about evolution here. Evolution is the least of non christian worries. It is not an"IF" Christianity is fake!

What is he insinuating by saying he was a prisoner wen he was a christian?
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by ifenes(m): 11:26am On Sep 25, 2016
adjoviomole:

What is he insinuating by saying he was a prisoner wen he was a christian?

His mind was imprisoned.

What is your view on masturbation?

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 11:29am On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:

His mind was imprisoned.

What is your view on masturbation?

My view on masturbation is dat its not good, its immoral. What leads to masturbation?
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by ifenes(m): 11:31am On Sep 25, 2016
adjoviomole:

My view on masturbation is dat its not good, its immoral. What leads to masturbation?

Why do you think it is immoral?

Lack of a sex partner often lead to self help

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 11:33am On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:

Why do you think it is immoral?

It is immoral because, ppl bcom addicted to it and want to stop. If it is good why do addicts want to stop masturbating? Why are their threads on how to stop masturbation ? grin
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by ifenes(m): 11:37am On Sep 25, 2016
adjoviomole:

It is immoral because, ppl bcom addicted to it and want to stop. If it is good why do addicts want to stop masturbating? Why are their threads on how to stop masturbation ? grin

Because people are addicted to it doesn't make it immoral. I think rather than rape,masturbation is preferable. Don't you think. Besides it does have a lot of positive; it doesn't hurt,it relaxes the mind etc. I would be weary of a guy who doesn't masturbate and is Hot all the time than a guys who does

By the way,did a book tell you masturbation is wrong?

There are thread mostly created by Christians on how to stop masturbation. I think the most guys giving the advise are masturbators themselves

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 11:39am On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:

Because people are addicted to it doesn't make it immoral. I think rather than rape,masturbation is preferable. Don't you think. Besides it does have a lot of positive; it doesn't hurt,it relaxes the mind etc. I would be weary of a guy who doesn't masturbate and is Hot all the time than a guys who does

By the way,did a book tell you masturbation is wrong?

if u say its good den fine. What will you do if u caught ur son or daughter masturbating?
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by ifenes(m): 11:42am On Sep 25, 2016
adjoviomole:

if u say its good den fine. What will you do if u caught ur son or daughter masturbating?

I will teach them sex education because that would mean they are probably having sex. I will teach them the importance of safe sex and I doubt they will want me to run into them masturbating. I won't open their room door without knocking anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by adjoviomole(m): 11:49am On Sep 25, 2016
ifenes:

I will teach them sex education because that would mean they are probably having sex. I will teach them the importance of safe sex and I doubt they will want me to run into them masturbating. I won't open their room door without knocking anyway.

No p den, enjoy ur day. But back to the topic chistrianity is a practical thing, and I av tested and tasted of its goodness, and no one can convince me otherwise. So to d OP christianity n wot is written in d bible is not a fairytale. Av a nice day.
Re: Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist by uzilee(m): 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Orimolade And Babalola Wroth Great Signs And Wonders Using The Bible / Pastor Adeboye Is A Fraud — RCCG Member / Why It Is Not Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes: A Counter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.