Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian (3539 Views)

#save_a_soul_in_north...dietitian Raise Alarm / Why You Need To Consider Spinach..dietitian Says.. / Clinical Dietitian In The House : All Health/nutrition Questions Answered. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by marissanutri(f): 3:07am On Sep 25, 2016
Personalized Nutritional counseling with a registered Dietitian/ Nutritionist.

In the areas of;
Consulting, therapeutic cooking training, presentation, sports nutrition, corporate wellness.

On;
Weight management, pediatric nutrition, medical nutrition therapy (special diet restrictions or consideration on special special health conditions such as blood pressure, diabetes, renal disease, Tube feeding, allergies, e.t.c).

I am here to hep you with your health and wellness needs. smiley
Call/WhatsApp: 08073246507 today for a FREE session Nutritional counselling.
Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 25, 2016
marissanutri:
Personalized Nutritional counseling with a registered Dietitian/ Nutritionist.

In the areas of;
Consulting, therapeutic cooking training, presentation, sports nutrition, corporate wellness.

On;
Weight management, pediatric nutrition, medical nutrition therapy (special diet restrictions or consideration on special sspecial health conditions such as blood pressure, diabetes, renal disease, Tube feeding, allergies, e.t.c).

I am here to hep you with your health and wellness needs. smiley

pls I have a question that might be off topic. pardon me for derailing.

can a biochemistry graduate (is a bsc holder) be registered and licensed as a professional nutritionist/dietician? is there any guideline to follow?

1 Like

Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by marissanutri(f): 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
coollabman:

pls I have a question that might be off topic. pardon me for derailing.

can a biochemistry graduate (is a bsc holder) be registered and licensed as a professional nutritionist/dietician? is there any guideline to follow?

As a bsc. Biochemistry graduate, you will be required to complete PGD /MSc Nutrition (postgraduate diploma), for you to be able to register as a nutritionist.

In addition to PGD/ MSc Nutrition, you will be required to undergo one year Dietetic Internship at accredited hospital centers (oauthc, uch, Luth, unth, juth).

After completion of the dietetic internship, your center would enroll you for the TOPC examination (test of professional competency), and Registration under the national body. If your successful in the exam you will be giving the license to practice has a Registered dietitian.

1 Like

Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
marissanutri:

As a bsc. Biochemistry graduate, you will be required to complete PGD /MSc Nutrition (postgraduate diploma), for you to be able to register as a nutritionist.

In addition to PGD/ MSc Nutrition, you will be required to undergo one year Dietetic Internship at accredited hospital centers (oauthc, uch, Luth, unth, juth).

After completion of the dietetic internship, your center would enroll you for the TOPC examination (test of professional competency), and Registration under the national body. If your successful in the exam you will be giving the license to practice has a Registered dietitian.

thank you for your prompt reply! valuable information like this is so hard to come by these days. what's the employment opportunity like for nutritionists in Nigeria?
Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by marissanutri(f): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
coollabman:

thank you for your prompt reply! valuable information like this is so hard to come by these days. what's the employment opportunity like for nutritionists in Nigeria?

I am glad I could be of help.

Wide range of employment awaits from teaching ( high school, polytechnics, universities to public sector (government ministries, Nafdac, military, private food and pharmaceuticals company, Hotels, Food service (mr Biggs and healthy food service coy), private practice (blogging, personalized services just like am doing) and lots more.

Most importantly a Nutritionist has to develop his or her skills and then blossom, remember the worldvneeds you.
Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
marissanutri:

Wide range of employment awaits from teaching ( high school, polytechnics, universities to public sector (government ministries, Nafdac, military, private food and pharmaceuticals company, Hotels, Food service (mr Biggs and healthy food service coy), private practice (blogging, personalized services just like am doing) and lots more.

Most importantly a Nutritionist has to develop his or her skills and then blossom, remember the worldvneeds you.

hmmm... thanks a lot.
Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by Teephar(f): 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
marissanutri:

what's the difference between a dietician and a nutritionist.... My dad was told to go and see an nutritionist in ibadan... And we have lots of dieticians here in Abuja...
Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by marissanutri(f): 1:41am On Oct 04, 2016
Teephar:
what's the difference between a dietician and a nutritionist.... My dad was told to go and see an nutritionist in ibadan... And we have lots of dieticians here in Abuja...

Hello Teephar,

Good to hear from you.

The major difference between a dietitian and nutritionist is the level of education and training between the two. Both function with same goal- To assist client achieve optimal nutrition, through better food choices.
A dietitian must complete one year dietetic internship and pass the dietetic test of professional competency by the IDN (institute of dietetics in Nigeria) to be licensed to practice in clinical setting, in addition to postgraduate degree.
While a nutritionist can be registered with Nutrition society of Nigeria, as a graduate of human Nutrition/ Nutrition and dietetics.

I would have to ask you, if you know the reason your dad was referred to a nutritionist in Ibadan, with dietitians practicing in Abuja.
Depending on who referred him, medical practitioner? Or non medical?, and his/her reasons for doing so.

I am sure the referrer wants the best care for your dad.

Apologies for late response.
Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by Teephar(f): 1:20am On Oct 05, 2016
marissanutri:

Hello Teephar,

Good to hear from you.

The major difference between a dietitian and nutritionist is the level of education and training between the two. Both function with same goal- To assist client achieve optimal nutrition, through better food choices.
A dietitian must complete one year dietetic internship and pass the dietetic test of professional competency by the IDN (institute of dietetics in Nigeria) to be licensed to practice in clinical setting, in addition to postgraduate degree.
While a nutritionist can be registered with Nutrition society of Nigeria, as a graduate of human Nutrition/ Nutrition and dietetics.

I would have to ask you, if you know the reason your dad was referred to a nutritionist in Ibadan, with dietitians practicing in Abuja.
Depending on who referred him, medical practitioner? Or non medical?, and his/her reasons for doing so.

thanks a lot.... He was referred by his doctor.
Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by schamch: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
sir, my 4 months old son is always stooling each time he feeds either breastfeeding or formula feeding. Earlier he had stooled for 3 days& the stool contained blood. he was treated in hospital and it subsided. But since then whenever he feeds he stools either breastfeed or formula but not as before. Pls how can the frequent stooling be stopped (maybe a kind of recommend a medicine) apart from changing of food(formula) for him.
Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by marissanutri(f): 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
Dear @schamch, kindly visit your doctor or a peadiatrician for a suitable prescription immediately. Call/ WhatsApp: 08073246507; marissanutrition
Re: Personalized Nutritional Counseling With A Registered Dietitian by blueskies(f): 4:30pm On May 29, 2021
marissanutri:

Hello Teephar,

Good to hear from you.

Weldone Ma. I just got enrolled to study nutrition and dietitics in a private uni through a DE/top-up degree program.
I kindly need academic and career advice.

I also want to ask if it is a requisite to get a postgraduate degree before one can become a Registered Dietician?

Thanks ma

(1) (Reply)

Tooth Ache: Who Knows Any Effective Home Remedy,this Pain Is Killing Me / Completely Get Rid Of Fibriod With Fibrofit (fibriod Remover Pack) / COVID-19 Update For September 19 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.