Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension (23957 Views)

Whatsapp Not Working On Blackberry, Nokia & Symbian Phones (PHOTO) / WhatsApp Ending Support For BlackBerry, Nokia Symbian S60, Others / BEWARE (for Those Using Whatsapp Wiki Search) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by centvin008(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2016
Since the announcement has sent pandemonium discomfort signals to BlackBerry and S40 Users

Today I have brought to you how you can continue using whatsapp on banned device even after whatsapp stop its support

Its simple tricks to keep your whatsapp running and here it is.

Never Update your whatsapp at no circumstances. Abiding by this rule will keep your whatsapp running even after they discontinue it support or download the whatsapp apk app for ANDROID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRIGlmhxWX8

Moderators: honsule, dragnet, puskin)

Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 25, 2016
True
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by Olasco93: 11:47am On Sep 25, 2016
I love my Nokia E5!

1 Like

Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by Trancetek(m): 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
Possibility of that is slim as they can block your access to their service remotely.

2 Likes

Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by tikkykay: 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
Dere was a time I dint update my what's app...it dint work again.
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by PMONEY6: 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Whatsapp will officially blacklist all the none supported phone on 31 dec 2016.
so It wont work.
cus the whatsapp server will automatically detect your device thus making it not to function.even the (andriod varsion)
A clear example of that is the facebook andriod version.
you will notice that if you install the normal facebook (apk) on BB10, upon launching; it takes you to the phone web browser instead.
but only the facebook lite version(apk) would work. this is because the facebook lite is same as a normal phone web browser.
so their less worried about that...

But then... i have a perfect solution for that.. and im sure it would work..
i will create a thread for it soon...

1 Like

Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by mecussey(m): 7:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
PMONEY6:
Whatsapp will officially blacklist all the none supported phone on 31 dec 2016.
so It wont work.
cus the whatsapp server will automatically detect your device thus making it not to function.even the (andriod varsion)
A clear example of that is the facebook andriod version.
you will notice that if you install the normal facebook (apk) on BB10, upon launching; it takes you to the phone web browser instead.
but only the facebook lite version(apk) would work. this is because the facebook lite is same as a normal phone web browser.
so their less worried about that...

But then... i have a perfect solution for that.. and im sure it would work..
i will create a thread for it soon...

Someone needs to develop an apk emulator, thats the only way it will work. E.g, i use all android apk on my windows pc and they work fine.
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
Thrash. Even if u don't want to uodate, WhatsApp will stop working and ask u to update. That's how it works on windows and bb 7 os. My brother's WhatsApp stopped working on his windows phone asking him to update. So tell me how are u going to use a service that refuses to work unless u update it?
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by hamilton62(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
Olasco93:
I will surely try this on my Nokia E5 Smartphone. I love Nokia E5!
speaking about nokia E5, you haven't tried Nokia E6, i am using it and i love it like no other phone...

1 Like

Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by satowind(m): 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
If u think dis will work den u are dumb. Whatsapp dat expires and force u to update even wen de banner has not been set. So u tink u are wiser dan facebook engineers. Black man

2 Likes

Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by YhungPablo(m): 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
no matter how they think they ban the so called whatsapp.. it will still work for people like me.. like It or not.
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by hUmaneOne: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
centvin008:
Since the announcement has sent pandemonium discomfort signals to BlackBerry and S40 Users

Today I have brought to you how you can continue using whatsapp on banned device even after whatsapp stop its support

Its simple tricks to keep your whatsapp running and here it is.

Never Update your whatsapp at no circumstances. Abiding by this rule will keep your whatsapp running even after they discontinue it support or download the whatsapp apk app for ANDROID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRIGlmhxWX8

Moderators: honsule, dragnet, puskin)

OP, there was a time , when whatsapp just started. The notice was "you must update whatsapp to keep using it".
if you didn't see this notice,you need to shake me with 2 hands.
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by ProfClassic: 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
tikkykay:
Dere was a time I dint update my what's app...it dint work again.

Same here. And ah loff my Nokia 6220c so much
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
YhungPablo:
no matter how they think they ban the so called whatsapp.. it will still work for people like me.. like It or not.

Indeed. Unless WhatsApp works offline. Once there's internet connection it will forcefully ask u to update or the app will be a decoration.
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by Simeony007(m): 12:06am On Sep 26, 2016
Don't be a fool haven't you ever seen your whatsapp given you a validation for updates before so if you refuse to update it then it will work for only a limited time probably a month before it ask you to update or stop using it if you click on don't update it force closes. Or you think the whatsapp group are that draft? Lol they already know this fake trick of yours long before you became a sudden blogger. Don't be a fool, think wide.
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2016
As long as it has not been tried on any of the rejected phones , it will not work. You are just hoping and speculating. Wait until its finally blocked, you can try your experiment. All the same welldone!!
Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by S60user: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2016
you see this is what happens each time something becomes the monopoly and has no competitors.

This 31/12/16 thing is just because there are millions of phones which are perfectly fine for using whatsapp but they're too difficult for whatsapp.com to control to earn them the maximum amount of revenue from sponsors scanning our conversations for keywords.

Whatever. So how can the whatsapp app 'compulsory update' on a 'unsupported phone after 2016', be defeated so it can't close the app down and I can continue using?

And while I continue to use whatsapp how can the Whatsapp.com server be prevented from finding out what phone I have so I can continue using the app? As long as the server receives the data it's expecting it won't suspect anything and continue working

I don't want to use whatsapp 'new features', the way it works right now is fine thank you. (without keywords from my conversations being passed to online advertisers)

Remember we could continue using Skype on Symbian for years after Microsoft takeover of Nokia, by using a hacked version of the app and setting the clock back a few years while install.

Does anyone here know this or do we have the attitude here of "OK, as you say boss, pay me less and make me work more hours or resign, because you're the boss" If we had that attitude we would all be speaking german and doing nazi salutes to eachother if we said "OK Hitler, you want to invade our country too, OK you're the boss"

1 Like

Re: How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension by mecussey(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Whatsapp has stopped working on Nokia E5, any solution?

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Themes Download / Which Browser Do You Prefer To Use On Your Phone? / My Infinix Hot Note Broken Screen =help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.