Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG (41840 Views)

Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by herald9: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
motherfucker:
I really do not know what education mean to you but what we have here in Nigeria, likely you clearly opined, is a circulatory system of non-physical-productive ventures. Everything begins and end on paper.

I was expecting to read something that has been invented, built, engineered, discovered, explored as a result of such publication which they(professors,PhD et al) had also copied from somewhere, re-written and passed down to you and you are passing same to me.

Rubbish... angry

photoshoot:

What publication? Same one my dad used while he was in school some twenty something years ago? Please, say the truth!
Inasmuch as what you say it's true, but the importance of an academic publications cannot be overemphasized. Our academicians have given us a guideline of prior scholarship, it's left for you to follow the instructions therein, which might lead to more discovery. From there you can fit in the missing link and create something out of it.
Or would you have preferred to start from scratch? Where would you get the time and resources?
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by dam4wummy(m): 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
in olamide's voice *freedom of speech I can assure you, but freedom after speech I can't assure you*
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Charlesdock(m): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
The greatest evil is being silent during moral. The guy stood up when everyone back out. How will we have what we want in this country when we failed to face our fears.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
herald9:

Inasmuch as what you say it's true, but the importance of an academic publications cannot be overemphasized.

Good...

Our academicians have given us a guideline of prior scholarship, it's left for you to follow the instructions therein, which might lead to more discovery.

Ask yourself, what discovery have they made?!or what new height have they attained as compared to their mates in other countries? The same guideline they gave me is what they used, is what they were given as well, even those that gave them used the same guideline. Now imagine how washed up that guideline would be. Our academicians simply do not follow the tide. They chose to remain where they have been for long.

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by omotialaleujesa: 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
In d guy write up there would be iota of truth d govt shld intervene in d matter by settling up some committee to know d bone of contention he can't just be rusticated like that everyone has right of speech.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by HERSLEY(f): 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
Miladi:
Being self-conceited is never the same thing as being smart. I support the university authority.
oh plsssss save me dat crap
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by herald9: 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

@bolded, totally wrong use of English.

I hope you are aware we have various types of criticism? The type @2nd bolded sentence is positive criticism, which praises and praises.

And also don't forget we have destructive criticism. Which is what the boy did.

Now based on the definition of criticism(whichjis why I quoted you) can you see the boy is not totally at fault?
'the writeup was an aggregation of personal attack?'
Just say you don't understand.

The boy used destructive criticism, his institution used instructive rustication... What if they'd decided to apply destructive expulsion?

My point was, always criticize your elders with respect,especially people who can make or mar you. Why would you give them a TKO and still expect them to wake up the next day and award you a degree... Who would do that?

And by the way "bolded" is wrong English.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by xtervaganza(m): 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
jaymejate:
Nice one.
Arrogance and lack of moral coupled with character is that guys prob
people like you are the reason why this country is almost dead.

Where's the arrogance in fighting for the right course and challenging the evil establishment.

If just 20% of our students were like Adeyeye our educational system won't be in this shambles.

Read through the boy's rants and point out which one is not true

If you're not one of those corrupt management of unilag then you're a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by OBAGADAFFI: 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
lastpage:

Do you need to use those type of foul language on him, to put your opinion across, .... you that is even very educated?

What the student in question did, goes beyond mere protest: he made very serious allegations (which might be true!) against [b]NAMED PERSONALITIES
but failed to substantiate THEM.
Even in real life, he will be sued (LIBEL/SLANDER/etc)

Moreover, you cant undermine a system that you are .....and hope to still continue to be a part of!
Whistle-blowers always gather "hard evidence" first, ....then "remove themselves" from such system before blowing the lid.

His was just a case of "unguided rants" on Social media[/b]

Lastpage!

Soyinka, Gani e.t.c did more than this, that's why we see them as heroes today.

Gani never got his SAN due to his activism, but he is respected than most SANs and Judges.

The school should have quietly handled the issue, but thier actions made the youngman more popular.

The might not bother going the UNILAG anymore, but his popularity can get him better university admission abroad.

UNILAG made a big mistake here.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by tete7000(m): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
jaymejate:
Nice one.

Don't mind the stupid boy disgracing his parents, calling those probably older and more learned than his patents names. That people call such stupidity radicalism baffles me.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Miladi(f): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
HERSLEY:
oh plsssss save me dat crap

Oh! I forgot to put an caveat then, well let me quickly do that now; petty people shouldn't pick on me, because I can't stoop so low to their myopic line of thought.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by HERSLEY(f): 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
Miladi:

Oh! I forgot to put an addendum then, well let me quickly do that now; petty people shouldn't pick on me, because I can't stoop so low to their myopic line of thought.
so sayeth a riffraff who reaches orgasm by insulting people. Iranu... Dimwit lowlife silly ass hole. Omo ale jati jati. Nkita racha gi anya
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by tete7000(m): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

Of what use is the degree in Nigeria in the first place?
And why can't he abuse the them? Do you know how often we are abused by them and the desicions they make? Fact is the Senate is faulty.

If the certificate is of no use to you, don't get it. By the way I hope you know there are many too out there with foreign degrees who haven't found use for them? So don't water down our degrees hoping a foreign one will automatically help you. As for the boy, since he is a repository of knowledge who knows all and taught himself all, I don't think he has any need of the degree of a school whose administrators and teachers he spoke so ignominiously about. Let him award himself a degree. The university is even too lenient to have witheld wielding the maximum punishment. The boy is a disgrace to those who gave birth to him. I wonder if they gave him any moral training , he must also have been acting out the morals he taught himself. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Miladi(f): 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
HERSLEY:
so sayeth a riffraff who reaches orgasm by insulting people. Iranu... Dimwit lowlife silly ass hole. Omo ale jati jati. Nkita racha gi anya

Hahaha! My sweet sister, your blood is hot. Calm down okay. Disunity is the product of fear. I wish you the very best in all your endeavours.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by tete7000(m): 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
Charlesdock:
The greatest evil is being silent during moral. The guy stood up when everyone back out. How will we have what we want in this country when we failed to face our fears.

Stood up by abusing and insulting those old enough to give birth to him? Uhmm!, I hear.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by RealBitch(f): 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
This guy is preaching the gospel. Speaking the truth. May people like this become president one day. People who are not afraid to speak d truth as it is. Knowing fully well the consequences that follow. One of the very few men i respect.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by bigtt76(f): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
Everyone on social media thesedays thinks they're automatically an activist or revolutionist. Sad undecided

jaymejate:
Nice one.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by bigtt76(f): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
It's just an act of foolishness. How can you insult a VC whose first degree dated to a period when Nigerian educational system was at its peak compared to now. Sad shaa. Disobedience do not amount to being fierce or sensible. He cannot become a reasonable leader anyway.

RealBitch:
This guy is preaching the gospel. Speaking the truth. May people like this become president one day. People who are not afraid to speak d truth as it is. Knowing fully well the consequences that follow. One of the very few men i respect.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by bigtt76(f): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
Gain Fawehinme later backtracked and got awarded a SAN before his death.

Anywhere in the world, a university degree is awarded not only based on academic worthiness but also on individual moral character.

The university is also bound to withdraw such an award if after graduation such graduate is found to be lacking in moral character.

OBAGADAFFI:

Soyinka, Gani e.t.c did more than this, that's why we see them as heroes today.

Gani never got his SAN due to his activism, but he is respected than most SANs and Judges.

The school should have quietly handled the issue, but thier actions made the youngman more popular.

The might not bother going the UNILAG anymore, but his popularity can get him better university admission abroad.

UNILAG made a big mistake here.

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by anigbajumo(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2016

E no go better for them one by one, with or without any investigation,they cook a blatant lie to tanish the image of the young man.

It is a shame that some people can still support these bunch of idiots.A young man stands for truth,equity and fight for fellow students without any fear of consequences and some people are still saying trash about him.

They should keep on badmouthing him,destiny can only be delayed but surely he will succeed.

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by biggz82: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
photoshoot:

I am sure you are seeking admission. If not you would know that speaking out like this is the only way the world would know the rot going on in unilag.

Before you rant. I am a student of unilag.

I graduated 10 years ago, working n happily married with 2 kids so der is nothing u want to tell me abt uni

1 Like

Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by RealBitch(f): 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
bigtt76:

Anywhere in the world, a university degree is awarded not only based on academic worthiness but also on individual moral character.

The university is also bound to withdraw such an award if after graduation such graduate is found to be lacking in moral character.

did u say moral character? Sweetie, please.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by ChessEnthusiast: 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
herald9:
This is a case of a child calling his father an ineffectual buffoon but still expect to live in the family house.

You're yet to obtain a common B.Sc but had the audacity, impetus and obscene effrontery to refer to a PhD holder who has many publications to his credit in such manners.

Where is the respect for elders?

I support criticism, but this one was wild and uncouth. You merit the rustication.
Is it because we don't use plagiarism detection software in Nigeria? we know how our Nigerian lecturers got their PhD.
PhD my foot!
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by smileysmiley(f): 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
slimbless:
To be candid, the guy went overboard, he shouldn't have called out their names, he shld have js done that in a subtle manner.
He was actually fighting for the right of the students, but he did it in the wrong way
my point exactly... his message was wonderful but the mannerism used to convey it was very wrong... if he was smart he would have known better
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by omolola01(f): 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
Dat is y it is the school of first choice nd Nation's pride cheesy
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by hero2000: 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
ogawisdom:

D little rat is a product of failed home which gave him wrong home upbringing.

Nw dt he is rusticated let him go n rut in hell, he is nt worthy in character for a degree

U cant abuse d highest decision making body of d University - d uni senate n go free.

D uni shld arrest him and sue him for defarmation I.diot

Sorry, people don't get arrested on civil offences like defamation. They are sued and given court notices.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
herald9:

'[s]the writeup was an aggregation of personal attack?'
Just say you don't understand. [/s]

The boy used destructive criticism, his institution used instructive rustication... What if they'd decided to apply destructive expulsion?

[s]My point was, always criticize your elders with respect,especially people who can make or mar you. Why would you give them a TKO and still expect them to wake up the next day and award you a degree... Who would do that? [/s]

And by the way "bolded" is wrong English.

Still wrong...

@bold instructive rustication, destructive expulsion? What are you? A kid?

Good, that means you are agreeing they are victimising him for just age differences.. Right?
All the whole point is because they are older.

You deserve the kind of leaders you get. undecided
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by photoshoot(m): 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
biggz82:

I graduated 10 years ago, working n happily married with 2 kids so der is nothing u want to tell me abt uni

Then you have lost touch with reality sir. The rot in unilag is way too much to criticise them gently. This is the best way.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by hero2000: 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
bigtt76:

Gani Fawehinmi back traced! Backtracked on what specifically. Let us stick to what we know. He was pressured into applying for SAN. Even after his SAN, he preferred SAM (Senior Advocate of the Masses).
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
To be honest, their statement has no grounds at all, the truth is bitter.

It is just that he forget he is a Nigerian and in Nigeria.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by Rekeb: 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Winners72:
Adeyeye Femi will surely make his way to becoming Nigerian president very soon. He's so charismatic and truth inclined.

How many radicals, "charismatic and truth inclined" people have become the Nigerian president? NONE.
Re: Why We Rusticated Olorunfemi Adeyeye - UNILAG by sinisters(m): 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
Adeyeye God bless you
This is just the beginning of great things for you

To all those persecuting him, y'all the reason this country is in a mess. Read the book start up nation, Israel got to where they are because of their culture of asking questions,you can question even your superior and get away with it....

We are a country of docile people being led to the slaughter, if we don't wake up fast.....

The school authority shld cover their head in shame.
Activism can never die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities / JAMB: Results Are Now Out For 13th Of May Candidates ( Screenshot ) / Son Signs On His Mum's T-shirt After Her Final Papers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.