Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:56 AM

Polygamy. Is It Really A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polygamy. Is It Really A Sin? (575 Views)

Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense / Polygamy Is Not A Sin In Christianity / Polygamy: Is The Bible Really Really Really Against It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy. Is It Really A Sin? by handie(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
This issue has been bugging my mind for ages. In the bible (old testament), there abounds a whole lot of men who walked in the way of the lord, were mightily blessed by God and practiced polygamy(David, Jacob, Isaac, Solomon and to an extent, Abraham are prime example). Today, the popular sermon is, polygamy is a sin that's frowned at by God. My question is, since when did it become a sin? I've been perusing the bible and I'm yet to see where it's clearly written that marrying of more than 1 woman is a sin. Yes. We might say polygamy is virtually nonexistent in the new testament but can't this be as a result of d new testament not profiling a single individual(apart from Jesus Christ) d way it Profiled Abraham, Jacob, and d rest? Could it be as a result of d man leaving his father and mother and clinging to his wife to become one sermon? Ain't this also applicable in a polygamy?
Re: Polygamy. Is It Really A Sin? by psucc(m): 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
Polygamy was only allowed because men desired it but according to Christ, from the beginning it was not so.

However, any one engaged in a polygamous relationship is not fit to be ordained an elder in the church.

The major setback is his ability to to do justice to all his wives and children in terms of love and care.
Re: Polygamy. Is It Really A Sin? by MBush(m): 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
For a Man shall leave his mother (PLURAL)

AND

FATHER(PLURAL)

AND

Cleave unto his Wife(PLURAL)

And they twain shall be one flesh smiley

Leave what others did and focus on the bible the ordained word of God smiley
Re: Polygamy. Is It Really A Sin? by otipoju(m): 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
Moses permitted you to marry many wives because of the hardness of your heart but it was not so in the beginning.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Anglican Reverend Poses In Front Refuse Dump To Celebrate Independence / Multiply It / My Questions And Experiences With Religion So Far.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.