Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. (8867 Views)

The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by bishopkay: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
No matter how much we try to be careful, we still tend to get distracted at times leading us to bash other road users and you begin the popular rhetoric " Oga ema binu please no vex sir" grin gringrin

I had my first official bashing since beginning to drive for four years now and it was caused by negligence on my part.
I was rushing for an appointment you know been best man to someone and wedding about to start so driving fast became unavoidable with the barage of calls coming in asking "where are you"?

If you have driven in Benin you would know hold ups happen along that Sapele road a lot. Well I bent down my face for a second to pick up my phone to answer a call and I saw the car was already in my lane in front of me (how it got there I didn't know) and I had closed the gap quiet easily been that I was driving a Benz and going fast and was entering a hold up Double wahala -Sorry Triple wahala! Lol
I slammed the brakes but couldn't save myself from the inevitable. Gbuah!! It had happened.
I sha begged the guy since the impact didn't damage anything and we parted ways.
Lesson learned:
1. Never get distracted by calls or anything while driving. it could cost you a lot.
2. No matter where you are rushing to, getting to your destination is first so never compromise it with excess speed.

So share your first car bashing experience, let's Thank God, and perhaps laugh over it too.

Cc: lalasticlala

8 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tore the front portion (Bumper,condenser,radiator,lights) of a guys new white citron on oba_akran about 12-15 years ago, he was reversing out of a parking lot into the main road without considering my speed, and decided to change directions at the last moment when I had started avoiding him, after impact I came down and noticed only a small fender bender on my car, I Got back in my car (mazda 626 hatchback 1989 model) and drove off.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Whizpeter(m): 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
[b]My first car bashing was a day of sadness and emotional breakdown...

I had just started driving (3 months experience), was still learning cos I hardly had time to practice..

My Uncle owns a company and I went to do my IT with him!!

On a particular saturday, one of the company vehicles broke down on the road, so me together with the manager of the company went with my Aunt's car (A toyota corolla 2004 model) to get a mechanic who would accompany us to where the vehicle broke down..

We successfully worked on the vehicle and it regained consciousness!!

The manager gave me key to go and turn the toyota in the opposite direction while he settles the mechanic so that we can start going, that's where wahala entered...

The street is a narrow one and was completely empty, I decided to drive into another street by the right and come out with a reverse!

The moment I turned my steering into the street, I saw another car facing me trying to come out from the street, I looked at my front and cars were everywhere, I was like when did all these cars reach here? I checked my rear mirror and saw an SUV some distance behind me, I decided to go back a little so that the other car can come out for me to enter (My mistake)

I didn't know that there was a toyota camry 2000 model exactly behind me that was at a blind spot from my rear mirror, I only saw the SUV.. I just put car in reverse, throttle and GBOSA!!! The guy's front bumper gave way!!

See insult of life!! Oga kept telling me that its because I can't buy a car, that's why I didn't value my Aunt's own and I can bash it how I like cos I don't know the worth!!

Insulted everything about me including family history and education sef!!

I felt sad that day.. He even sent the plate number of the car to one of his friends in the licensing office who gave him my Aunt's details and he swore he was going to call her to report my unruly behaviour...

I begged him more than I'd ever begged God sef and Oga was adamant oo!!

At a point I just called his bluff and entered the car to collect AC!!

It was our mechanic that helped him put his bumper in a manageable condition but it still needed respray!!

When he saw that I wasn't bulging, he just drove off!!!

After that day, I didn't touch car key for over a year, the next time I tried to drive, I had forgotten what P,R,N,D stands for!!! That one too is story for another day cos I drove a lexus SUV into a wall!!![/b]

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by bishopkay: 12:52am On Sep 26, 2016
Whizpeter:
[b]My first car bashing was a day of sadness and emotional breakdown...

I had just started driving (3 months experience), was still learning cos I hardly had time to practice..

My Uncle owns a company and I went to do my IT with him!!

On a particular saturday, one of the company vehicles broke down on the road, so me together with the manager of the company went with my Aunt's car (A toyota corolla 2004 model) to get a mechanic who would accompany us to where the vehicle broke down..

We successfully worked on the vehicle and it regained consciousness!!

The manager gave me key to go and turn the toyota in the opposite direction while he settles the mechanic so that we can start going, that's where wahala entered...

The street is a narrow one and was completely empty, I decided to drive into another street by the right and come out with a reverse!

The moment I turned my steering into the street, I saw another car facing me trying to come out from the street, I looked at my front and cars were everywhere, I was like when did all these cars reach here? I checked my rear mirror and saw an SUV some distance behind me, I decided to go back a little so that the other car can come out for me to enter (My mistake)

I didn't know that there was a toyota camry 2000 model exactly behind me that was at a blind spot from my rear mirror, I only saw the SUV.. I just put car in reverse, throttle and GBOSA!!! The guy's front bumper gave way!!

See insult of life!! Oga kept telling me that its because I can't buy a car, that's why I didn't value my Aunt's own and I can bash it how I like cos I don't know the worth!!

Insulted everything about me including family history and education sef!!

I felt sad that day.. He even sent the plate number of the car to one of his friends in the licensing office who gave him my Aunt's details and he swore he was going to call her to report my unruly behaviour...

I begged him more than I'd ever begged God sef and Oga was adamant oo!!

At a point I just called his bluff and entered the car to collect AC!!

It was our mechanic that helped him put his bumper in a manageable condition but it still needed respray!!

When he saw that I wasn't bulging, he just drove off!!!

After that day, I didn't touch car key for over a year, the next time I tried to drive, I had forgotten what P,R,N,D stands for!!! That one too is story for another day cos I drove a lexus SUV into a wall!!![/b]

Bros your own strong oo I swear gringringringrin seriously got me Rotfl

Oga GAZZUZZ so the thing sef don do you too? Thanks for sharing the experience

6 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by tmanis(m): 5:12am On Sep 26, 2016
I have #cleansheet.. Never bashed, never been bashed.

(Waiting for nurey's need for speed/GTA story)

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by ramdris(m): 5:20am On Sep 26, 2016
Mine was terrible I swear... I was still learning how to perfect my driving then.

On this particular day, I took a wrong road to my office and decided to reverse to follow the right route...while reversing, I overturned my stiring and the next thing I heard was GBOSA!. I got out of my car to see all my rear vender off which was the bad part..the worse part was that the car I hit was parked at the right place and it was owned by a Naval Officer who was buying some stuffs from a store opposite where he parked!

The worst part was the fact that I had zero kobo on me, my car I damaged was a month old then and the Officer's car was just painted dat same week after he was hit by a careless Driver like m then..at least that's what the Officer said and I confirmed the car was neat...

Writing this brings tears to my eyes cos guys.... I hear nweeen!..

Long story short, I parked my newly eod'05 at the barrack and went to office to get the cash to fix the Officers car and paid for new head lamps I broked. After that, I had to raised cash to fix my own car too..

Over 30k was spent on both cars dat same period not minding the emotional and physical pain I went thru...

Anyway, I learnt the hard way and now I can Drive with eyes closed.

**Falls down from bed in tears**

27 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by nurey(m): 5:56am On Sep 26, 2016
I have never bashed a car but I have kissed bumpers several time. But the bashing that I would never forget was one I always wished I could erase from my memory.

We were going to see one of our in laws as my bro was about to Wed, it was in Lagos though have forgotten the area we went through, the road was filled with red mud as rain just fell and the road was bad, passing beside this LT35 bus, the guy just swerved to my side and scratch my sienna and I had kept a clean sheet for 4 months.

I really lost it that day, I stormed out of the car not minding my lovely Paul Smith shoes been attacked by mud, got to his car and attempted to open the door "shouting come down and see what you have done in youruba" everybody in the bus just kept looking at me like I had been bitten by a rabid dog. It was my two Bros that came after me and asked me to calm down that it's just a scratch. My family were just laughing at me when we moved, they had never seen me that angry, I was also bewildered and asked God not to let me get even half annoyed as that day because of material things.

Brake oil and towel removed the black and yellow stain any way.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by tollytexy(m): 6:24am On Sep 26, 2016
Been driving since 2006 till date..Both within and outside naija.. left & right wheel..I never bash.. unless people bash me..

4 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by RealJaneDoe: 6:24am On Sep 26, 2016
angry
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Turks: 6:26am On Sep 26, 2016
Never have, hopefully never will..

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by HRich(m): 6:26am On Sep 26, 2016
This kin early morning topics,
wetin you wan do with the experience biko

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Neimar: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2016
I neva fit muv car not to talk of owning 1

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by BackToLife: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2016
j

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by idee91: 6:28am On Sep 26, 2016
F

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by flinton(m): 6:30am On Sep 26, 2016
.. W

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by flinton(m): 6:30am On Sep 26, 2016
Was a learner then, I Juz dey cruise for street with my mom's car. Na so I see one car parked by the roadside, I Juz rammed into the rear end of d car like a demon possessed boy, chrome spoil, one headlight break... Luckily I hung a learner sign on the car... Till date I still dey wonder Wetin make me hit dat car... I Juz tire

14 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by pol23: 6:38am On Sep 26, 2016
Mine was with my first car, as I didn't have the chance to learn with my Dad's Car.
My Dad who use has 7 cars while I was young. has none while I was 18 years of age.... ( story for the Gods)
Back to the subject matter... It was In Surulere and I scratched a Acura MDX from the rear to the front.
The Man came out and smile. He says " you need to go back to driving school",He taught me how to clean dent with Brake fluid.. We both clean the 2 cars.
After then, I don scratch well well.
Lagos early morning traffic.
it's nothing.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Funjosh(m): 6:38am On Sep 26, 2016
tollytexy:
Been driving since 2006 till date..Both within and outside naija.. left & right wheel..I never bash.. unless people bash me..

We no need you for now lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2016
tollytexy:

5 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 26, 2016
Been driving for 10 years now, and I've never bashed anyone's car. Neither have I been bashed.

#AndTheySayWomenCantDrive tongue

7 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by SPG4U(m): 6:43am On Sep 26, 2016
I have always been close to bashing... Most times its Ben caused by the blind spot.... But I got that fixed and now I drive in style...

I have never had a major bash.... Am always careful especially when I don drink a bottle or 2 na dat time I dey dey careful pass

We

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by ernesterioo(f): 6:43am On Sep 26, 2016
chaiiiii, I no fit forget my bashing experience cha, I just finished Dads car,so I requested for the key from him to park it to the garage position,he didn't wanted to give me coz he said I am not perfect yet, I told it just to park car now, so I entered the car,Did the normal gear, I was struggling with the Steering coz I heard my dad shout outside saying ,turn the steering to the left,meanwhile my leg was on break, all of a sudden ,when I straighten my hand, the car moving didn't satisfied me, I didn't know the spirit that placed my leg on the accelerator,and bingo the car moved so fast and hitted the nearby shop close to the garage, u need to see shout from my dad, that 1.6milla, the shout brought pple within the neighborhood thinking someone died...
I thank God coz kids normally stay beside the shop , assuming they were there, I would have killed them, the car hitted the shop and stop it from moving..

since then, oooo, I no wash the car and I no step inside or not to talk of doing my normal phone charging..

I would never forget this day.....

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Coolie89(m): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2016
Scratching my dad's benz 230E against our gate while trying to sneak out was my first experience in 2010,recently got a corolla 07 was following a space bus on top speed till it enter a big pothole on d express Rd suddenly just swerved a little to dodge pothole lo and behold unknown to me a transporter car had increased speed to overtake,hmmm dude was proactive sha he swerved as well so we both swerved and controlled at d same time but he ended up Scratching his car against d curb while not a single scratch was on mine, I moved front a little parked and came down.he freed me sha.
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by tollytexy(m): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2016
Funjosh:

We no need your for now lipsrsealed

Pele awon ti footwagen. . Here's a new shoe for you Monday hater grin

5 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by PHIPEX(m): 7:00am On Sep 26, 2016
My first was a BRT bus which left its dedicated lane and wrecked my bumper and door. I blocked it and caused small scene. The cost of repair was 14k, the driver paid 7k out of it and begged me not involve his office to avoid sack.
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by bobo65(m): 7:00am On Sep 26, 2016
Mine was wen I wanted to turn, was in a hurry, d lady too was also in a hurry, I just left driving sch and as soon as I hit her, I reversed and hit d other Keke at my back (thank God it was a keke)

Omo tension dey bad

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Okaakoko(m): 7:04am On Sep 26, 2016
none for now
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Vince77(m): 7:07am On Sep 26, 2016
First route was through Giwa amu then entered airport road and then Ihama road. The driving was not too slow, my hand were steady at least 80%.

I didnt use the L sign (i still never used it).

And i have never bashed anyone( not even a lil scratch) and i have been driving for almost four years now. I started driving on high ways since last year. First high way was benin-asaba.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by GoldenJAT(m): 7:08am On Sep 26, 2016
i sha bashed my dad cars twice!d 1st 1 was a honda accord that i rammed in2 anoda car from d bk....the whole bumper fell off,luckily 4me....d owner of d oda car wasnt in it...i just drive d car enta house..go buy 1 packet of super glue 2 c if i fit hold am 2geta..na that kinda situation u go knw say ur guys de ur bk....we use all d tricks 2 fix d bumper bk not minding d scratch and d rest of d damages,when d stuff no work,i just leave am like dt waka enta house....u can imagine d shout and insult i recieved been that d car was a new car.if na my pikin.....him 4 hear ween!!!
The 2nd 1 happened in d village 4 december......na that day i know say devil de in existence!!!d only thing i knw b say as i de try break...d car de move even faster...sotey i de use my eyes de find Break pad.when i no c am....na 2 drive enta 1 house so dt d car go stop!!!the damage caused can only b imagined....and 2 even knw i was 2 go bk 2 school in 2days time...i just comot mind say my school don de OVER!!!remember that subsidy timethat was when this happened.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by diportivo: 7:08am On Sep 26, 2016
Iyana dopemu inwards oshodi,2010

Mercury villager.....was in a hurry

Under d bridge an iidiot attempted to cross,and fell face down on d express

ML in front of me didn't decide weda to change lanes on time.... His indecision was a costly mistake,cos I also didn't know where to swerve......... GBOSAAA!!!!!

after I hitting him,the jaywalker thanked his stars for not being hit by either cars,while the ML driver told me I wld have to fix his bumper...as I practically disintegrated the thing

Passersby who had gathered were the ones dat fought on my behalf,and d guy left me

100k wasn't enuff to fix dat car tho.......

8 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Bina33(m): 7:10am On Sep 26, 2016
Mine was when I borrowed a friend's car for an important meeting,I bashed the front bump but did not return it to him like that,before he will start telling everyone I can't drive.. I quietly fixed the car and I never said anything to him about the car bashing ooo#smiles

6 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by godfadda6(m): 7:10am On Sep 26, 2016
chaiiiii, I no fit forget my bashing experience cha, I just finished Dads car,so I requested for the key from him to park it to the garage position,he didn't wanted to give me coz he said I am not perfect yet, I told it just to park car now, so I entered the car,Did the normal gear, I was struggling with the Steering coz I heard my dad shout outside saying ,turn the steering to the left,meanwhile my leg was on break, all of a sudden ,when I straighten my hand, the car moving didn't satisfied me, I didn't know the spirit that placed my leg on the accelerator,and bingo the car moved so fast and hitted the nearby shop close to the garage, u need to see shout from my dad, that 1.6milla, the shout brought pple within the neighborhood thinking someone died...
I thank God coz kids normally stay beside the shop , assuming they were there, I would have killed them, the car hitted the shop and stop it from moving..

since then, oooo, I no wash the car and I no step inside or not to talk of doing my normal phone charging..

I would never forget this day.....[/quote]

na wa for grammar......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opel Omega 2.0 Review / Which Is Better; Lexus RX 350 Or Toyota Highlander / Pimping My 2007 Camry SE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.