Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. (8861 Views)

The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Mrgreat(m): 7:11am On Sep 26, 2016
went to see my mum at her office, parked byd side, clearly away from d road. this commuter guy went just there to drop a passenger n hit my side mirror.
honestly iv never bn mad lik tht all my life. even my mum was just looking at me. d guy later payed sha cos my raking was much.
but now theyv bn scratching d real body but i don chill. it doesn't bother me agn
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by photoshoot(m): 7:13am On Sep 26, 2016
Just yesterday. My fault though.

I was driving a Toyota corrola sport. Was rushing downto church with my grandma, and those in lagos, around iyana ipaja - mushin, would know it rained well yesterday morning.

I was on high speed to catch up with praise and worship. When all of a sudden the brake seized cause of the slippery floor. Before I knew what happened I hit another fast moving Honda accord(bulldog).

The owner parked in the rain, came down furiously, as if say he wan come fight.knowing I was at fault. I rolled down the window and told him, "guy, no vex na brake fail"

My only saving grace was that the other car was moving fast as well. If not cry

Then after church service again, still along same iyana ipaja route, one Hyundai SUV suddenly slammed brake in front of me but experience and God helped me to swerve quickly.

Anyway, I thank God, who knows what or where I would be by now

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Funjosh(m): 7:14am On Sep 26, 2016
tollytexy:

Pele awon ti footwagen. . Here's a new shoe for you Monday hater grin

I like this your shoe o............. the original will be very expensive cheesy
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Whizpeter(m): 7:21am On Sep 26, 2016
bishopkay:

Bros your own strong oo I swear gringringringrin seriously got me Rotfl

Oga GAZ ZUZZ so the thing sef don do you too? Thanks for sharing the experience

Na so I see am ooo bros...
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by oluwanoni: 7:22am On Sep 26, 2016
Mine was just a scratch not dent sef, but I have been bashed recently by so many drivers in Lagos, I wonder how some people got their drivers license especially commercial bus drivers.

If you drive too slow to avoid bashing, some people would say you're too slow, too fast, you're told you drive rough. In fact don't know what to do on Lagos road, I don't bother driving sometimes, considering I just repainted the car and I already have 10k worth of re-doing the body.

In conclusion shine ur eye even those ones who are experienced would still bash you, drive with your sixth sense.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 26, 2016
I've never bashed, but I've been bashed.
The fecking men would sometimes tell me "call your husband let's discuss man to man"

Which horseband you dash me, oga? angry

7 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Dexema(m): 7:24am On Sep 26, 2016
LadyMercedes:
Been driving for 10 years now, and I've never bashed anyone's car. Neither have I been bashed.

#AndTheySayWomenCantDrive tongue
I guess you are the needle in the haystack of women who can't drive, and yes...that's a camry alright.
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by omega2128(m): 7:28am On Sep 26, 2016
my own experience
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Dexema(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2016
My bashing experience will contain too much space, so let me just keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by nickvanilla(m): 7:33am On Sep 26, 2016
Is there a month i don't bash/scratch a car?
Only God knows the number of cars i've touched in my street. Good thing is, i never get caught tongue

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by vani86: 7:33am On Sep 26, 2016
Been driving for 13 years, never bashed but have been bashed by guess (taxi driver).

How did it end, "oga sorry o, e no too bad, just use hydraulic cleam am, see my headlight don scatter".

If not for my gf in d car yesterday, would have kissed a guy in traffic, was busy selecting songs to play and allowed the car to roll a bit thinking others are rolling as well but they have stopped, it was her scream that jerked me to reality.
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Sweetyie(f): 7:34am On Sep 26, 2016
I vent bashed cos I can't drive, lol
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by chronique(m): 7:34am On Sep 26, 2016
I learnt how to drive in 2000 and I haven't had any road accident from then,up till now. The little I've had,was just small bumper kissing on 2 occassions and both were at night,and due to distraction of using my phone. First experience was at night in traffic. I picked up my phone and was reading something funny on social media,and forgot myself completely. Didn't realize I had taken my legs off the break and next thing I heard was "gba"!(I had hit the danfo in front of me). I quickly put the car in park,and came out to see whatever damage I'd done to my M.Benz GL450 4matic. Lo and behold,nothing happend my car or the danfo.

Second experience was still in traffic and at night. I was driving a mazda5 at night and saw "for sale" on an eod that was on the other lane,and I was tryng to get his digits and was typing while driving slowly. I couldn't hear him clearly and got dstracted and kissed the bumper of the mdx in my front(just a mild contact). Came down and saw there was no damage to any of both cars. Those 2 experiences taught me never to use phones while driving so as not to get distracted.

The only time I damaged a car(lightly),was at the office. I was reversing within the lot and the music in the car was very loud. Can't remember how it happened,I just noticed I didn't look at my back,and didn't pay attention to the warning from the parking sensors alerting me on the dashboard. I had hit the chrysler parked behind me. The fender got damaged but nothing happened to the benz. I felt really embarrassed that I could damage a car within that small perimeter.

I have never really had and major bash on the road cos I drive very carefully cos I don't like seeing scratches on my cars. I avoid danfo drivers as much as possible.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by tinziemaine(m): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2016
My first car bashing experience was when I hit a range rover sport 2017 model, I fainted in my car and later woke up to see army, de embarrassed me, they hijack my toyota spider and went away right now am still treking PLS GIVE ME SEAT MAKE I SEE WHO OWN WORST PASS
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Waspy(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2016
I don't always want to remember mine experience. The lesson I learnt that day is epic. ....To be patient, to be level-headed and that there's a thing line and just few seconds between life and death.

My prayer always is that God should be my driver, while I just turn the wheel always
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by shrewd1(m): 7:53am On Sep 26, 2016
You might need to fetch words to describe mine, but here is my story. I was driving from sapele road into G.R.A in benin, just after santana market and decided to follow an unfamiliar street.

Though it was narrow, cars were packed on both side of the road (a party was happening in one of the compounds). Brotherman squeezed the Nissan Lauren through the tiny space and heard one sharp sound as he passed. Got out of the car up front came down and saw that i had drawn a big straight line on a black toyota, looked around and did not see anyone, quietly entered the car and zoomed off with out looking back.

this was years ago tho
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by bishopkay: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2016
Sweetyie:
I vent bashed cos I can't drive, lol

I bet you can drive. Na just fear dey do you. Lol
BTW I love me a gal who can drive *winks*
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by bishopkay: 7:59am On Sep 26, 2016
shrewd1:
You might need to fetch words to describe mine, but here is my story. I was driving from sapele road into G.R.A in benin, just after santana market and decided to follow an unfamiliar street.

Though it was narrow, cars were packed on both side of the road (a party was happening in one of the compounds). Brotherman squeezed the Nissan Lauren through the tiny space and heard one sharp sound as he passed. Got out of the car up front came down and saw that i had drawn a big straight line on a black toyota, looked around and did not see anyone, quietly entered the car and zoomed off with out looking back.

this was years ago tho

So Bros na u scratch our motor abi? No worry I go kom find you make u pay... Lol gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by beaversticks(m): 8:11am On Sep 26, 2016
ramdris:
Mine was terrible I swear... I was still learning how to perfect my driving then.

On this particular day, I took a wrong road to my office and decided to reverse to follow the right route...while reversing, I overturned my stiring and the next thing I heard was GBOSA!. I got out of my car to see all my rear vender off which was the bad part..the worse part was that the car I hit was parked at the right place and it was owned by a Naval Officer who was buying some stuffs from a store opposite where he parked!

The worst part was the fact that I had zero kobo on me, my car I damaged was a month old then and the Officer's car was just painted dat same week after he was hit by a careless Driver like m then..at least that's what the Officer said and I confirmed the car was neat...

Writing this brings tears to my eyes cos guys.... I hear nweeen!..

Long story short, I parked my newly eod'05 at the barrack and went to office to get the cash to fix the Officers car and paid for new head lamps I broked. After that, I had to raised cash to fix my own car too..

Over 30k was spent on both cars dat same period not minding the emotional and physical pain I went thru...

Anyway, I learnt the hard way and now I can Drive with eyes closed.

**Falls down from bed in tears**

So funny bro...laugh done kill me here
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by beaversticks(m): 8:12am On Sep 26, 2016
flinton:
Was a learner then, I Juz dey cruise for street with my mom's car. Na so I see one car parked by the roadside, I Juz rammed into the rear end of d car like a demon possessed boy, chrome spoil, one headlight break... Luckily I hung a learner sign on the car... Till date I still dey wonder Wetin make me hit dat car... I Juz tire
Too much of fast n furious
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by spartoo: 8:14am On Sep 26, 2016
Whizpeter:
[b]My first car bashing was a day of sadness and emotional breakdown...

I had just started driving (3 months experience), was still learning cos I hardly had time to practice..

My Uncle owns a company and I went to do my IT with him!!

On a particular saturday, one of the company vehicles broke down on the road, so me together with the manager of the company went with my Aunt's car (A toyota corolla 2004 model) to get a mechanic who would accompany us to where the vehicle broke down..

We successfully worked on the vehicle and it regained consciousness!!

The manager gave me key to go and turn the toyota in the opposite direction while he settles the mechanic so that we can start going, that's where wahala entered...

The street is a narrow one and was completely empty, I decided to drive into another street by the right and come out with a reverse!

The moment I turned my steering into the street, I saw another car facing me trying to come out from the street, I looked at my front and cars were everywhere, I was like when did all these cars reach here? I checked my rear mirror and saw an SUV some distance behind me, I decided to go back a little so that the other car can come out for me to enter (My mistake)

I didn't know that there was a toyota camry 2000 model exactly behind me that was at a blind spot from my rear mirror, I only saw the SUV.. I just put car in reverse, throttle and GBOSA!!! The guy's front bumper gave way!!

See insult of life!! Oga kept telling me that its because I can't buy a car, that's why I didn't value my Aunt's own and I can bash it how I like cos I don't know the worth!!

Insulted everything about me including family history and education sef!!

I felt sad that day.. He even sent the plate number of the car to one of his friends in the licensing office who gave him my Aunt's details and he swore he was going to call her to report my unruly behaviour...

I begged him more than I'd ever begged God sef and Oga was adamant oo!!

At a point I just called his bluff and entered the car to collect AC!!

It was our mechanic that helped him put his bumper in a manageable condition but it still needed respray!!

When he saw that I wasn't bulging, he just drove off!!!

After that day, I didn't touch car key for over a year, the next time I tried to drive, I had forgotten what P,R,N,D stands for!!! That one too is story for another day cos I drove a lexus SUV into a wall!!![/b]

you always have funny car experiences grin
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2016
Hehe.. Mine! I was just a learning. Driving dads honda bulldog. That car has good engine chai.

We went to our hometown for Xmas, all my aunts, uncles and children were around too to celeb. Na so Dad and him brothers con go do one yeye meeting with grandpa. Em talk say ma'ah wash their cars with my cousin. Where my dads car was parked was at a corner (I could wash the car comfortably there o but because I wan show off to the villagers wey dey look, I talk say the corner too small, enter car, start am come reverse out... Correct! My head dan swell....By then the village boys dan dey hail me. . . After washing, I proudly enter car again go enter that corner again to park the car. Next think i knew was that I was grinding the car on the wall... All the sides dan scratch bad. It was hard trying to reverse out of the space widaut rubbing the car on the wall again..... I hear word that day ehn.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by spartoo: 8:23am On Sep 26, 2016
ernesterioo:
chaiiiii, I no fit forget my bashing experience cha, I just finished Dads car,so I requested for the key from him to park it to the garage position,he didn't wanted to give me coz he said I am not perfect yet, I told it just to park car now, so I entered the car,Did the normal gear, I was struggling with the Steering coz I heard my dad shout outside saying ,turn the steering to the left,meanwhile my leg was on break, all of a sudden ,when I straighten my hand, the car moving didn't satisfied me, I didn't know the spirit that placed my leg on the accelerator,and bingo the car moved so fast and hitted the nearby shop close to the garage, u need to see shout from my dad, that 1.6milla, the shout brought pple within the neighborhood thinking someone died...
I thank God coz kids normally stay beside the shop , assuming they were there, I would have killed them, the car hitted the shop and stop it from moving..

since then, oooo, I no wash the car and I no step inside or not to talk of doing my normal phone charging..

I would never forget this day.....

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Whizpeter(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2016
spartoo:

you always have funny car experiences grin

Lol... So you recognise my moniker?? Me sef I don't know why I'm always having such experiences!! Maybe its fate!
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by jjagz: 8:47am On Sep 26, 2016
Funny stories I swear, I must share my own experiences;

1. It was my aunt on the wheel not me, I had not learnt how to drive, still share worthy thought. The aunt in question was just learning how to drive, and to help her get over her driving phobia I was always with her. Around that time I also loved Flavour's song Baby Oku, so I'd normally sing along and encourage her to "Fire dey go".
That was how when turning in to the compound, rather than brake, she mistakenly "fired dey go".
Rammed into the building, broke a wall badly. We were lucky no one was in, if not na die.
Till today, she still doesn't like driving.

2. This one was me, with One month of driving experience. While turning a bend on 3rd gear and about 30km/hour, I saw this red wagon turning the same bend, but leaving her lane unto mine, horned, slammed the brakes but you know now;
GBOSA!!!. Totalled her drivers door glass, bent the left side of the car.

Next thing I'm hearing 25k to fix them. Passers-by have seen it wasn't my fault. Due to her age sha wanted to help with the little I could, mama was creating a scene, me and the boys walked, left the vehicle.

Later discovered that the brakes pads were badly worn out. Felt bad sha.
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by mischievous(m): 8:50am On Sep 26, 2016
mine was just very recent,was in ma aunts car jst chilling and surfing tru nairaland na so dey tell me say dey wan pack load,(wedding tins shaa)was asked to bring d car back.naso me jst drive i don pack well jst to reverse,i dey hear stop was like wat is wrong wit al dis ones sef,na so i match trottle d nxt tin was gbosa,d dude i bashed his car was one young boy lyk dat,d guy no gree leave me o,na beg n beg.till now phobia to dey reverse still dey ma body.
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by harizonal123(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2016
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by freeedosa(m): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2016
mine was around 2007, i just finished secondary school. Funny enough i was taught to drive a car in my dream and i did practice in reality.

This funny day, my elder brother had just traveled and i did warm the car. After warming the car on the third day and moving forth and back, i forgot that the car was still in reverse gear.

I just said i should raise the acceleration a little to make the funny "whooommmmmm" noise, omo what i heard na gboahhhhhh. i saw myself outside the compound facing the street. Omo motor hear am en, the whole neighborhood ran out of their compounds because they thought that was a bomb blast. Actually the sound of the bash was very loud.

See my mommy and uncle rushed out to the veranda to see what had happened and told me to "drive" the car back inside, see me o, i should drive car that miraculously disappear outside and everyone was on the street. Fear no let me drive inside o.

It had to be pushed. Bumper, headlamp, gate pillars, gate, side trafficating light et.c. Seriously, it was pathetic. I had sleepless nights, I now became very HUMBLE because any small offence like this, na to remind me of my yawah o.

I swear that one no pain me very well o, my mom said she would fix the car but i had to help her work in her factory to raise the money she would use to fix it. I work everyday en, i tire, and she still "did not" fix it.

Rest na story joorh.... This whole raising of the car, damaging the gate to seeing myself outside did not take up to three (3) seconds. It was like speed of light.

I havent touched a car since then, painful part.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by ramdris(m): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2016
beaversticks:

So funny bro...laugh done kill me here
Yes as at now, it's funny but then bro.... it was terrible..

The Naval guy slap me I just unconsciously handed over my car key to him. It was when he asked why I gave him my car key that I realised my key was not with me... angry angry.

**Sobs and blows nostril with handkerchief**

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by teemy(m): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2016
unless you are anonymous it is not advisable to post your story on this thread. there is something called your digital trail coming back to bite you in the butt. you never can say who needs that info against you.
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by HtwoOw: 9:49am On Sep 26, 2016
Bina33:
Mine was when I borrowed a friend's car for an important meeting,I bashed the front bump but did not return it to him like that,before he will start telling everyone I can't drive.. I quietly fixed the car and I never said anything to him about the car bashing ooo#smiles

You think say I no know say you bash my eod? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opel Omega 2.0 Review / Honda Accord 2004 Power Steering Pump / Pimping My 2007 Camry SE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.