Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement (46765 Views)

Buhari Disagrees With AGF Malami Orders EFCC To Prosecute Diezani, Adoke, Others / NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by anonimi: 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
Izonpikin:
guy the usual answer will be oil price was high... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even though prices started falling in 2013 i.e half way into Jonathan's four year term.
The zombies can lie to keep themselves happy, na dem palaver be that.

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct
15 NOVEMBER 2013

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/412x247xOkonjo-Iweala-e1442838220305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nz-K0adxSv.webp[/img]

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
blueto:
gringrin Mr man, stop feigning ignorance here. Can you compare the economic standard of living under jonathan to the one experienced under Buhari??

Jonathan was able to ensure that the economy grow at over 4% every year GEJ was in power!

He ensured our economy overtook South Africa’s economy as Africa’s largest economy!

He ensured Naira was stable at ₦150-₦215 to $1 between .

He ensured EVERY state had at least one federal university!

He ensured virtually EVERY election INEC held under his administration was conclusive!

He ensured that civil servants were consistently paid as and when due

How can you say a man who kept inflation at single digit THROUGHOUT caused the recession that is as a result of Buhari's incompetence?

Stop attempting to gainsay the undeniable facts here, the certificateless cattle rearer is no where near Jonathan in administration.

In your analysis, did you consider that crude oil was exported at over 200million barrels per day and traded at over $120 per barrel?
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
czaratwork:
We should have forced them to do debate before the election. This would have exposed people with no idea about governance, policies and infrastructural development.

It is all our fault.

The electorates are to blame for accepting to proceed with the vote casting without a presidential debate which would have enabled them to access the cerebral capacity of all the presidential candidates through the type of policies they would have presented before the electorate.

When a presidential candidate starts avoiding debates then such a candidate has little or nothing to offer.

Looking forward to tonight's first U.S presidential debate between Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Izonpikin: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

In your analysis, did you consider that crude oil was exported at over 200million barrels per day and traded at over $120 per barrel?
200 what?.. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked....we be the whole of opec....

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
steppin:
The dullard thinks he can lie like Liar Mohammed.
You didn't meet anything on ground and expect Nigerians to believe that crap? Even the zombies are finding it hard to believe.
No human or spirit can lie like that man except maybe Satan the father of lies
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by passionhenry: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
GenWOJUOLA:
Jonathan was d best we ever had.... Bubu is presently confused... I just hope he is able to return us back to Where he picked us from before 2019
lets him drop us here we can find our way back, 2019 is still far we might find ourselves in chad..GEJ still remain the best we have ever had
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by PStacks(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
I Am really glad president Jonathan is at-least coming out from his shell to speak up instead of the silent posture he assumed in the meantime, i mean, not everything that went wrong under Jonathan regime was exclusively a Jonathan affair, i mean, his regime was hijacked and sabotaged, if you ask me, i think he was C in C, but was not necessarily in charge, i think the cabals out-weighed him. To me, Jonathan was a very good man and wanted to make everybody happy, but not in this our very Nigeria, give a man an inch and watch him take a mile.. Nigerians to a large extent are very very indisciplined. indiscipline stems from irresponsibility, if you ask me, i think nobody is responsible for Nigeria, Nigeria is an Orphan in my own opinion Nobody owns her and hence nobody takes responsibility for her, not the Hausa's, Not the Igbo, and certainly not the Yorubas, Not christains and not Muslims, Not the Political class and not the electorate and Hence Corruption takes control... Nigeria is like a public toilet every body comes shit there and nobody washes it, but when you get to your private homes and use your toilets, you wash them clean..
Ownership for Nigeria is a real big deal, everybody just comes patronises ethnic agenda and when their time is done, the next regime comes and patronise their ethnicity, lets face it, Nigeria Under Buhari has been over 80% hausa/fulani appointment..
To me, i would largely agree with former president goodluck jonathan to a very large extent success of the railway system in Nigeria can be attributed to his regime, but lets also not forget that Obasanjo had a hand in it too and it saw the light of day under President Buhari..

This is it.. If Goodluck Jonathan wants to take some credit on some achievements of his government, he should also be willing to take fault and blames for all that went wrong under his watch..

mazimee:

http://punchng.com/jonathan-disagrees-buhari-railway-achievement/
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2016
Izonpikin:
guy the usual answer will be oil price was high... cheesy cheesy cheesy

don't mind the pathetic zombies, even while their certificateless cattle rearer promised to stabilize oil price cheesygrin.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by mafioso47(m): 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
czaratwork:
We should have forced them to do debate before the election. This would have exposed people with no idea about governance, policies and infrastructural development.

It is all our fault.
if Only APC had the balls to present Buhari for the debate, if only we had been told earlier that selling off working national assets would be a way out of recession, it's just clear these people have no brains atall.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Izonpikin: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
blueto:
don't mind the pathetic zombies, even while their certificateless cattle rearer promised to stabilize oil price cheesygrin.
na true oo....i forget say e make that kin promise...buhari promised heaven and earth just to win the elections..now reality is staring at him right in the face,.... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by dapsonlou(m): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
Can you claim responsibility for something ou didn't finish? You can claim u started it and wish that you finishEd it.
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by IgweBUIKE1(m): 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2016
blackpanda:
[[s]quote author=blueto post=49687618] He had no achievements any yet Nigeria was ranked 3rd fastest growing economy in the world, largest economy in africa. Even Dangote and so many other, business men, sports athletes attributed their success to Jonathan's good policies, World bank and other reputable economic organisations evaluated Jonathans policies and programmes as topnotch on global sphere.

I would like to restate was I said concerning Buhari in your case, it is either you are deliberately feigning amnesia or you are veraciously suffering from it. And same goes to all Buhari's acolytes with the same mindset.[/s]

This piece of crap u typed only exists in your imagination. And to make it worse u are basing fictitious "achievements" of jonathan on the comments of Dangote and business men?? That makes absolutely no sense. And its the same silly rhetoric jonathan made, boasting that he made people billionaires. When 90% of nigerians were living below a dollar a day.

Common sense tells u that if 1% of the trash u typed was true, we wont have had Buhari as president today. Jonathan was a monumental flop and clueless brainless slowpoke. Period.
beleive any politician at your detriment..the masses re d determinant of a growmin economy..under the last administration people lived wit 1$ by day,yet we culd stil afford 3nutrition square meal,nw we re livin wit 100,buh yet hunger has taken over,
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2016
Izonpikin:
200 what?.. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked....we be the whole of opec....

Everybody would understand that I meant 2million bpd. Na overskill dey kill monkey
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Izonpikin: 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

Everybody would understand that I meant 2million bpd. Na overskill dey kill monkey
grin grin grin grin...but i imagined if we pumped much crude ,oil price would have been 1 dollar per barrel... grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Godogwu: 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
blackpanda:
[[s]quote author=blueto post=49687618] He had no achievements any yet Nigeria was ranked 3rd fastest growing economy in the world, largest economy in africa. Even Dangote and so many other, business men, sports athletes attributed their success to Jonathan's good policies, World bank and other reputable economic organisations evaluated Jonathans policies and programmes as topnotch on global sphere.

I would like to restate was I said concerning Buhari in your case, it is either you are deliberately feigning amnesia or you are veraciously suffering from it. And same goes to all Buhari's acolytes with the same mindset.[/s]

This piece of crap u typed only exists in your imagination. And to make it worse u are basing fictitious "achievements" of jonathan on the comments of Dangote and business men?? That makes absolutely no sense. And its the same silly rhetoric jonathan made, boasting that he made people billionaires. When 90% of nigerians were living below a dollar a day.

Common sense tells u that if 1% of the trash u typed was true, we wont have had Buhari as president today. Jonathan was a monumental flop and clueless brainless slowpoke. Period.

LOL, 90% living below $1 a day?. that's rubbish and you know it. as of 2013 the population below the poverty line was 25% https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nigeria. I agree that Jonathan was in no way the best for Nigeria, but his achievements far outweigh whatever Buhari has had to offer so far. Buhari's constant wailing over the past govt is becoming redundant and unnecessary. I believe he should focus and work rather than blame everyone but himself for the current economic conditions in the country.
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by naijaking1: 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
cyberdurable:
[size=20pt]So Jonathan mean that Buhari plagiarised his projects?[/size] grin grin

This Administration is AY Live 2019
cheesy cheesy

Yes oh. Some sort of criminal denials by Buhari has gone too far.
Any time he is over seas he just opens his mouth to lie.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by goldedprince: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
My friend just lost 151m and idiots on nairaland are pissing me off the more by posting trash
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by ayindejimmy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
blueto:
He had no achievements any yet Nigeria was ranked 3rd fastest growing economy in the world, largest economy in africa. Even Dangote and so many other, business men, sports athletes attributed their success to Jonathan's good policies, World bank and other reputable economic organisations evaluated Jonathans policies and programmes as topnotch on global sphere.

I would like to restate was I said concerning Buhari in your case, it is either you are deliberately feigning amnesia or you are veraciously suffering from it. And same goes to all Buhari's acolytes with the same mindset.

I'm glad you highlighted that gej govt only impact the wealthy Nigerians and foreigners.
How come he achieved so much and everything fell less than a year? Even b4 he left the whole charade was wearing off
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by danot1030: 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jonathan is a shameless person.
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by vindisick: 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
oh brethren, do you now see the difference between a dollard and an academic scholar?. Jonathan just flawed all buhari's lies by just citing a single reference page. to win a case IS NOT WHAT YOU SAY IN COURT, IS WHAT YOU CAN PROVE IN COURT.
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by trapQ: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
Your brothers in kaduna have started eating lizards, rats and grasses while you're Still here defending the cattle rearer. The South has absolutely nothing to lose. if push comes to shove and the country breaks (with no free money reaching the North anymore), I wonder what your people will do then.

Keep being a zombie.
FriendChoice:
Shut up your dirty mouth Ole
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by trapQ: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
preach brother. This is what ive been clamouring for.
czaratwork:

It is all our fault.
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by DgreatKALU(m): 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
i dnt expct Ogunlesi to rmbr anytin gud nau frm d jonathan's administration since he is nau wrkin fr bugaria. i can remember when Dr. Reuben Abati was Guardian ngr Editor,he enjoyed criticising the jonathan admin until jona noticed his frustration and lifted him on board his ship and he was full of praises fr d man!!!!!! one thing we ALL knw is dat; UNDER JONATHAN's ADMIN, THE STANDARD OF LIVING WASN'T LIKE THIS!!!!!!!
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
blueto:
He had no achievements any yet Nigeria was ranked 3rd fastest growing economy in the world, largest economy in africa. Even Dangote and so many other, business men, sports athletes attributed their success to Jonathan's good policies, World bank and other reputable economic organisations evaluated Jonathans policies and programmes as topnotch on global sphere.

I would like to restate was I said concerning Buhari in your case, it is either you are deliberately feigning amnesia or you are veraciously suffering from it. And same goes to all Buhari's acolytes with the same mindset.
Guy all this things u mentioned was only on papers, remember our currency started falling under Jonathan, u can not say a country economy is booming while it's currency is falling. Nigeria been Africa largest economy and our standard of living is still very poor.
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Yeligray(m): 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2016
I DON'T GET...WHAT I'M I SUPPOSED TO SAY?....IT IS VERY WRONG FOR A MAN TO BLAME OTHERS FOR HIS FAILURE(S)...SO DISAPPOINTED.
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Enyimbamercedes: 5:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
mazimee:

http://punchng.com/jonathan-disagrees-buhari-railway-achievement/

The president is senile. You will notice that he just repeats the same things over and over again. If he isn't talking about us importing rice and "toothfick", he is repeating his stale statistics of billions stolen between 1999 to date. Now his new song is that he met no infrastructure and no money. Tomorrow he will say that all the roads and rail lines and power infrastructure were built after May 2015...Well done saaaahhh!!!
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by johnnyloroun: 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
blueto:
gringrin Mr man, stop feigning ignorance here. Can you compare the economic standard of living under jonathan to the one experienced under Buhari??

Jonathan was able to ensure that the economy grow at over 4% every year GEJ was in power!

He ensured our economy overtook South Africa’s economy as Africa’s largest economy!

He ensured Naira was stable at ₦150-₦215 to $1 between .

He ensured EVERY state had at least one federal university!

He ensured virtually EVERY election INEC held under his administration was conclusive!

He ensured that civil servants were consistently paid as and when due

How can you say a man who kept inflation at single digit THROUGHOUT caused the recession that is as a result of Buhari's incompetence?

Stop attempting to gainsay the undeniable facts here, the certificateless cattle rearer is no where near Jonathan in administration.
true talk
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Vanjess: 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
#####Change, Nigeria's will soon know the truth one day.
Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by sirgoody: 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
...the worst thing to ever happen to nigeria/nigerians is to have buhari as president....for just one year,nigeria debt has increased by #4.17trn without even implementing the now ''ghost'' budget....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Princewell2012(m): 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
lonelydora:
PMB funny shaa.

Very funny indeed. Infact i was really laughing here, when he said , they said they used 2billion dollar to buy food. That place really got me laughing had.

That man must be a comedian.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement by Henrichemeka(m): 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
I will keep on saying this, the only thing GEJ got wrong was not fighting corruption, aside that, that man is the best president this country ever had. Quote me anywhere!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Arrives PDP Convention In Abuja (Photos) / Tambuwal Gives Abdullahi Shehu House & Hajj Seat (Photos) / Innoson Vehicle Motors Presented To The Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.