Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,239 members, 7,780,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:00 PM

‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake (36037 Views)

How To Apply For Dangote Refinery Ongoing Job Recruitment / Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates / Dangote Refinery Executive Trainee Fresh Recruitment 2016 (50 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
The Dangote Industries Limited $17 billion refinery project will create over 300,000 direct and indirect jobs by the first quarter of 2019, the Chief Operating Officer, Mr Olakunle Alake, has said.

Alake on Monday said that the refinery, petrochemicals and fertiliser plants were in one location.

He said the project would be the single largest stream in the world.

He said, “The refinery and fertiliser projects will create job opportunities for the communities and Nigerians when it becomes operational.

“The refinery will have a refining capacity of about 650,000 barrels of crude a day.”

Alake said the project would force down the price of Premium Motor Spirit in the country and save money spent on importation.

He said that projects such as these would optimise government revenue and wean Nigeria from relying solely on oil.

He said that the best way to diversify Nigeria’s economy is through agriculture and the fertiliser plant is in line with that goal.

The chief operating officer said that the 98 per cent of basic engineering on the fertiliser plant had been executed, while the construction had progressed by 30 per cent.

He said, “By the time we finish our gas pipeline it will be able to generate about 12,000mw which can be exported to other African countries.

“We will have the capacity to store four billion litres of products and load 2,680 trucks per day.

“The project will aid the country with about 7.5 billion dollars forex savings on importation.

“It will also generate five billion dollars forex earnings from savings and another 5.5 billion dollars export earnings.”

Alake gave assurance that there would be markets for the refined products, saying that only three countries in Africa had effective and functional refineries, while others imported.

Alake said the projects would help the country save five billion dollars on oil importation when it became operational in 2019.

He said, “By the time we complete this project, there will be opportunity to take on agriculture and say bye to poverty because there will be jobs; no sector has more job potential than agriculture.

“Though the project is an ambitious one but when completed it will give Nigeria a new economic direction in its quest for economic diversification.’’

He said excess products would be exported to give Nigeria the much needed foreign exchange.

He said, “That is when diversification starts.”

Alake said, however, that access to foreign exchange posed serious challenges to the projects.

He said, “We aim to complete the projects within the time frame to assist in easing the forex problem.

“We appeal to the Federal Government to support these private initiatives by providing funding for the projects.

“However, government through the Bank of Industry schemes has given us a credit facility of N50 billion to develop the fertiliser plant.

“We have also gotten another N75 billion approval for the refinery, which we have not yet accessed.”

NAN

http://punchng.com/dangote-refinery-will-create-300000-jobs/

6 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
2019 project discus!

3 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Vanityupnvanity(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
summary pls

I could not read through

when will it be feasible,,?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
I think Nigerians should listen to this man #sale of national assets.

Maybe sign a protective agreement incase it backfires.

.. .. Sometimes u allow yourself to be "cheated"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2016
kenonze:
I think Nigerians should listen to this man #sale of national assets.

Maybe sign a protective agreement incase it backfires.

.. .. Sometimes u allow yourself to be "cheated"

I want the Naira to be sane again, I want the country out of resession. Generally, I want to buy indomine for #60 again, but selling our biggest assets is an unnecessary and extreme gamble.

Nothing is cast in stone bro.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by sanandreas(m): 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
Our national asset will not be for sale. If he likes let him employ 5million people and pay peanut salary. Na only dagote dey? A nation can't build her wealth around one man. The cake he has eaten is enough for his generation.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
falsehood... just give us the direct figure to be employed. leave the indirect ones to us

10 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by OJUcrook: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
sanandreas:
Our national asset will not be for sale. If he likes let him employ 5million people and pay peanut salary. Na only dagote dey? A nation can't build her wealth around one man. The cake he has eaten is enough for his generation.
Dangote suggested that some of our National assests be sold, he did not directly say that he would be buying the NLNG

4 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by OJUcrook: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
By the time Dangote gets through with his Coal Mines in Kogi and the Gas project for his Oil refinery in Lagos, the Power/Energy sector of Nigeria might be firmlly in his grip

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by oluemmakay(m): 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jobless Nigerians should wait till 2019?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by caesaraba(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
This a huge step in the right direction. 300,000 jobs no be beans o. We'll get there eventually.

1 Like

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by caesaraba(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
oluemmakay:
Jobless Nigerians should wait till 2019?
No! They can put heads together, invent a time travel machine and teleport to 2019.

It's not a pure water factory they are talking about here.

Alternatively, they can gather themselves up to about 300,000 and go volunteer as labourers to assist the speedy completion of the refinery before next week Tuesday.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by OJUcrook: 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
caesaraba:

No! They can put heads together, invent a time travel machine and teleport to 2019.

It's not a pure water factory they are talking about here.

Alternatively, they can gather themselves up to about 300,000 and go volunteer as labourers to assist the speedy completion of the refinery before next week Tuesday.
grin grin grin you shouldnt have bothered answering him.
I know several young men that come from nearby Ijebu Ode & Epe to work as Welders, Fabricators and general Labourers on the Refinery site.

6 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by gift01: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
I think the best thing is for Dangote to become the President in 2019 cos we've almost given him the country's economy (indirectly)

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by olayincar(m): 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
gift01:
I think the best thing is for Dangote to become the President in 2019 cos we've almost given him the country's economy (indirectly)

I think so too

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
Dangote my Man
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Felixtuta(m): 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2016
Is a well come development.
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by kolaish(m): 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
Felixtuta:
Is a well come development.
Thank you, at least it is nigerians that is and will be working in dangote's company. if all those thieves were to invest their stolen money in nigeria, we would not have been in this place in terms of unemployment.

11 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
www.savidnews.com has more news
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by DozieInc(m): 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
The creation of 300k jobs is a welcomed development, am against the sale of NLNG cos it is valued at more than $15billion, but someone suggested it should be sold for $1b which I think is criminal, besides is NLNG the only national asset we have?? what about the Ajaokuta steel company that is lying waste isnt it a FG asset.

5 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by gen2briz(m): 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
#changebeginwithme
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by khristal87(m): 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
Sinc3 dis ppl took over noting seems to wrk, nobodi s even talkin abt d oil susbsidy scam.... By dia calculatn pms should hv gone below 100 naira by nw.....our exchange rate s so poor dt we u see d value u ll think its 400 kobo to one dollar.... Yet some dullards ll tell us to giv them time till 2019.... May God forgive u ppl

4 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by plainol(m): 2:48am On Sep 27, 2016
By the time this man stylishly buys NLNG, Dangote would be the only man drilling and refining crude oil in Nigeria. Just like cement, sugar and others.

An igbo business man once proposed to buy a particular building from his landlord so he could chase away his major contenders in the building after gaining control.
His landlord being smart told him any time he proposed that suggestion again would be his quit notice.
And he never did that again.
I don't like greedy capitalists.

6 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by fr3do(m): 4:54am On Sep 27, 2016
kudos to Dangote, although he is too monopolistic.
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by majour(m): 5:26am On Sep 27, 2016
We all keep fail to see the northerner agenda again, circulating national wealth in the hands of the few wealthy ones, leaving the country in the has of this capitalists, from owning the highest number of oil wells down SS to purchasing national assets, it is well

1 Like

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Agimor(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2016
This guy is wielding too much power the resultant effects in the long term we wouldn't like it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by vicben27(m): 7:31am On Sep 27, 2016
DMeanMan:

I want the Naira to be sane again, I want the country out of resession. Generally, I want to buy indomine for #60 again, but selling our biggest assets is an unnecessary and extreme gamble.

Nothing is cast in stone bro.
so na indomine b ur problem?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 27, 2016
vicben27:
so na indomine b ur problem?

I speak for now.

Rick Ross deflated boobs could be it tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 27, 2016
News source pls. It's not enough to just write 'NAN' below
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by westlius(m): 8:33am On Sep 27, 2016
thats my dream place to work and by then i would ve goten much experience in my field

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki / MTN Nigeria 2017 Massive Recruitment / MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.