Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World (21310 Views)

See The Largest TV In The World With 8k Display / Nairaland Is Africa's Most Visited Website And Largest Forum Today:afz Tweets / 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Bkrubzy(m): 6:47am On Sep 28, 2016
14. Google's parent company is Alphabet Inc.

15. Hidden meaning behind Google's logo. The Google logo has four primary colors in a row then it’s broken by a secondary color. This was entirely intentional. Google wanted to show that they don’t play by the rules and are also playful without making the symbol bulky. To do that, they just used simple letters and colors.

1 Like

Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Handsomecole(m): 7:10am On Sep 28, 2016
Please how do I search for google on the internet ??
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 28, 2016
Dude that dinosaur game is cool grin. Tried it on both my laptop and phone. For the phone game all you have to do is touch the dinosaur.
Can't believe I never knew it existed.

1 Like

Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 28, 2016
make google come employ me. I like eating grasses.

2 Likes

Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Funjosh(m): 7:31am On Sep 28, 2016
Google I have nothing to say lipsrsealed
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by miketayo(m): 7:39am On Sep 28, 2016
lajoshua:
The world’s biggest internet company Google is celebrating its 18th birthday, with a Doodle on the homepage of the search engine.
Here are 12 facts about google you should know
1. No one knows the birthday of Google
Concerning today's Doodle – when is Google’s birthday? – can't be answered categorically. The company has six birthdays, at least, and recently just decided to start celebrating it on 27 September.

2. A T-Rex can be found on Google's Campus, and its message is a little terrifying
There is a huge model of a T-Rex skeleton on the company's campus, which is supposed to remind employees not to let the company go extinct.

3. There is a T-Rex game hidden in Google Chrome
And that's not the end to the T-Rex. if chrome does not have an internet connection, it would show a warning information that its not connected and just beside it is the picture of a dinosaur.
And if you press the space bar while showing this, it will start a game in which you run along as the dinosaur, jumping over obstacles by pressing the space bar . The game doesn't end, because all of the obstacles are generated by the code.so it keeps on generating.

4. Google was actually not happy that its name has become popular
The company is scared that the phrase, “just Google it” would water-down all the work it had done to make-the brand become what it is.

5. Google buys more oth companies beyond your imagination
Estimates has put Google’s buying habits at more than one company per week. Most of these companies are small, but then some of them can be huge too.
Most of the products simply get grafted into others. But some, like Android, continue to exist on their own within Google and that happens to be its most recognizable product.

6.The “I’m Feeling Lucky” button costs Google tens of millions of dollars per year
The button might seem like just a bit of fun, and that’s what it mostly is. But it’s fun at a price for Google.
By going straight through to the first result, Google actually skips past all the advertisements that it would usually show to people when they get up to the results page. That means it looses advertisement income.
Google Instant means that as long as you have it's on and your connection is fast enough, results will start to appear as you begin to type. And Google is actually able to gather enough information about you from your browsing history on the internet that it can be quite sure you will come into contact with one of its ads, though it might not be immediate.
7. Google's first ever storage was made of Lego
Google is one of the world’s biggest data storage companies with warehouse upon warehouse filled with servers to store people’s work, photos, emails and details. At the very beginning, when it was called as Backrub, its first storage was a load of hard drives housed in Lego.

8. Google gives very generous payouts to the husbands and wives of the workers who die on duty
They would actually receive 50 per cent of their salary for the next decade. And their children also receive payout until they’re grown up.

9. One search on Google uses more computing power than it took to land the Apollo 11 astronauts on the moon
Searching on Google is easy and just takes milliseconds. Both the computing and networking power needed to look through almost all of the known internet is far more huge than the relatively minor amount of code and computing that it took to land humans on the moon.

10. Google actually went down once for five minutes, and took wit it 40 percent of the web traffic
On 19 August, 2013, Google stopped working for five minutes. And it took much of the internet with it.
While other companies have looked to challenge Google’s dominance in search, it still represents a huge part of the web.
Nowadays, such an outage would be unlikely to cause such a problem – other sites, mostly Facebook, have challenged Google’s dominance as the central linking place of the world. But Google still accounts for a huge part of everything anyone finds or looks at on the internet.

11. Google also hires goats
The big google headquarter has lots of green.it has so much grass that it would need a lot of lawnmowers. But Google has devised a way around that.
Instead of gas-powered machines, Google hires a lot of goats to clear the fields around its campus.
They visit for about a week at a time, and about 200 goats come to munch up the Google grass.The goats do not use gas, also they don't pollute the air or make as much noise. And they are “a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers”, Google’s employees noted.

12. There are also dogs at Google too
Google’s office environment is very dog friendly. It claims that allowing people bring in their pets makes employees a lot happier.
Cats are not so encouraged, because dogs get them upset. but they are not banned.

13. Google’s logo wasn’t in the middle until 2001
The simplicity of the Google homepage lies in the fact that it is one of the most viewed things in the history of the world. So even the tiniest changes are very significant .
In its first few years the site was around, its logo was aligned a little to the left. That stopped in 2001, when Google finally moved it into the middle.

source:http://www.voiceofaudacity.com/2016/09/google15-facts-you-did-not-know-about.html

cc:lalasticlala

Isn't Amazon the largest internet company in the world
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by amanikondo: 7:41am On Sep 28, 2016
google also pay you to work from home, but you all dont know how to apply for the job.
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by AleAirHub(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2016
Chai even goat get level .tongue
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by donshady(m): 8:14am On Sep 28, 2016
wheesin:
baba God you said somewhere in the Bible that if we call your name you will answer and you also said that what we bound on earth shall be bound in heaven. Oh father, please i wanna work in Google, as an errand boy or coffee maker or anything, please do it for me undecided
so be it. Amen
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Josephjnr(m): 8:25am On Sep 28, 2016
The goat in this pix appears more serious than the guy. If you must employ one of them,who will you employ?
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by millhouse: 8:26am On Sep 28, 2016
The best!
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2016
lajoshua:
cc:lalasticlala..did you know this about google
de way una dey hype dis boy dey make hin head blow rubish
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by vengertime: 8:36am On Sep 28, 2016
lajoshua:
The world’s biggest internet company Google is celebrating its 18th birthday, with a Doodle on the homepage of the search engine.
Here are 12 facts about google you should know
1. No one knows the birthday of Google
Concerning today's Doodle – when is Google’s birthday? – can't be answered categorically. The company has six birthdays, at least, and recently just decided to start celebrating it on 27 September.

2. A T-Rex can be found on Google's Campus, and its message is a little terrifying
There is a huge model of a T-Rex skeleton on the company's campus, which is supposed to remind employees not to let the company go extinct.

3. There is a T-Rex game hidden in Google Chrome
And that's not the end to the T-Rex. if chrome does not have an internet connection, it would show a warning information that its not connected and just beside it is the picture of a dinosaur.
And if you press the space bar while showing this, it will start a game in which you run along as the dinosaur, jumping over obstacles by pressing the space bar . The game doesn't end, because all of the obstacles are generated by the code.so it keeps on generating.

4. Google was actually not happy that its name has become popular
The company is scared that the phrase, “just Google it” would water-down all the work it had done to make-the brand become what it is.

5. Google buys more oth companies beyond your imagination
Estimates has put Google’s buying habits at more than one company per week. Most of these companies are small, but then some of them can be huge too.
Most of the products simply get grafted into others. But some, like Android, continue to exist on their own within Google and that happens to be its most recognizable product.

6.The “I’m Feeling Lucky” button costs Google tens of millions of dollars per year
The button might seem like just a bit of fun, and that’s what it mostly is. But it’s fun at a price for Google.
By going straight through to the first result, Google actually skips past all the advertisements that it would usually show to people when they get up to the results page. That means it looses advertisement income.
Google Instant means that as long as you have it's on and your connection is fast enough, results will start to appear as you begin to type. And Google is actually able to gather enough information about you from your browsing history on the internet that it can be quite sure you will come into contact with one of its ads, though it might not be immediate.
7. Google's first ever storage was made of Lego
Google is one of the world’s biggest data storage companies with warehouse upon warehouse filled with servers to store people’s work, photos, emails and details. At the very beginning, when it was called as Backrub, its first storage was a load of hard drives housed in Lego.

8. Google gives very generous payouts to the husbands and wives of the workers who die on duty
They would actually receive 50 per cent of their salary for the next decade. And their children also receive payout until they’re grown up.

9. One search on Google uses more computing power than it took to land the Apollo 11 astronauts on the moon
Searching on Google is easy and just takes milliseconds. Both the computing and networking power needed to look through almost all of the known internet is far more huge than the relatively minor amount of code and computing that it took to land humans on the moon.

10. Google actually went down once for five minutes, and took wit it 40 percent of the web traffic
On 19 August, 2013, Google stopped working for five minutes. And it took much of the internet with it.
While other companies have looked to challenge Google’s dominance in search, it still represents a huge part of the web.
Nowadays, such an outage would be unlikely to cause such a problem – other sites, mostly Facebook, have challenged Google’s dominance as the central linking place of the world. But Google still accounts for a huge part of everything anyone finds or looks at on the internet.

11. Google also hires goats
The big google headquarter has lots of green.it has so much grass that it would need a lot of lawnmowers. But Google has devised a way around that.
Instead of gas-powered machines, Google hires a lot of goats to clear the fields around its campus.
They visit for about a week at a time, and about 200 goats come to munch up the Google grass.The goats do not use gas, also they don't pollute the air or make as much noise. And they are “a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers”, Google’s employees noted.

12. There are also dogs at Google too
Google’s office environment is very dog friendly. It claims that allowing people bring in their pets makes employees a lot happier.
Cats are not so encouraged, because dogs get them upset. but they are not banned.

13. Google’s logo wasn’t in the middle until 2001
The simplicity of the Google homepage lies in the fact that it is one of the most viewed things in the history of the world. So even the tiniest changes are very significant .
In its first few years the site was around, its logo was aligned a little to the left. That stopped in 2001, when Google finally moved it into the middle.

source:http://www.voiceofaudacity.com/2016/09/google15-facts-you-did-not-know-about.html

cc:lalasticlala
Oga I know where you copy this article. And you no even give credit to them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/when-is-googles-birthday-facts-doodle-how-old-internet-company-search-a7331591.html#gallery
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Emperortj93(m): 10:52am On Sep 28, 2016
what if

Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Olulinks(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2016
lajoshua:
cc:lalasticlala..did you know this about google
Did you know the full meaning of Google?
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
amanikondo:
google also pay you to work from home, but you all dont know how to apply for the job.
More info on this, please.
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by mansur77: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
Dinosaur flash game, additionally called T-rex online unblocked game along with dino runner, can be an inbuilt browser unblocked game at the Google Chrome web browser game played when it is offline or online.

The unblocked dino game was produced by Sebastien Gabriel, play it online here. In 2014, also will be obtained by hitting the spacebar when offline Google Chrome. The development of this flash game would be always to mention prehistoric instances when moving offLine. This online game is excellent! I enjoy the no internet google chrome game method that you are able to in fact make a major high-score.

The dino unblocked game have not seen any climbs once I went into the flash game so that it doesn't need some increases. However, the only real hacked difficulty is when online game departs the program, it retains stating 'Regrettably, Trex dino game hacked has ceased' and I'd complete bars altogether and also the adore the sport,'' I only want I managed to crouch such as the no flash game one.

But I am not likely to speed it a 14 celebrity simply since I can not crouch. Good work to the unblocked! Keep upward the very excellent work! I adore the way you are able to unlock things! I adore the fat-cat to become completely fair. I hope people do not state This unblocked game this type of trendy T rex game in the chrome.

Whenever I ever get an offline game on my personal computer I was not tired however today my online dinosaur google chrome isn't functioning, Therefore, I am unable to go off-line game and also play with this. I downloaded the following Internet Browser. A gambling internet web browser. But going hacked at it failed to reveal that the flash game.

Accordingly right the following is!! hacked game Mundi immersive engage in travels a lot longer outside the conventional race-track encounter! Thus lots of chances that the T Rex unblocked will probably amaze you! Bodily Toy along with electronic browser collide at a particular adventure!

Give existence to superb sensible dinosaurs and perform an I-OS or an android apparatus comprises a T-Rex Mario, one hundred twenty race-track bits, A battery controlled automobile, 07 augmented-reality cards along with situation parts for example Bushes and stones online dino Mario program gives you the ability to perform a digital t rex online Globe: controller Your innermost truth dino t-rex flash and activate new connections.

We all can face this situation over we're attempting to load up some web site along with all of a sudden she'd gain accessibility, possibly by irregular slow or Wi-Fi system operation.

Even a couple of years before, the chrome game group recognized there wasn't anything interesting about becoming kicked offline flash except if of course users needed something to really do.

Afterward, the flash game(much-known as "t-rex unblocked game"wink has been firstborn. This concealed hacked game is available To the brand new tab once Google-Chrome users are online unblocked; even simply press on the space bar and the paper will soon jump right to your monitor.

Inside this informative specific article by Gurugamer.com, let us sit together to understand more regarding this travel with this monster in the period into the contemporary browser as and the techniques to perform the "No Online T rex hacked" if you are both unblocked game along with on the web.

Edward Jung revealed t rex flash they had many items to Find out at the moment: crash detection, micro and leap physics, and notably, cross-country
compatibility. The very first iteration of all "T-rex unblocked was conducted easily. Old android mobiles. It wasn't till December 2014 the google chrome climbed to all programs.

Once your world wide web is down, start Google-Chrome, accessibility some Internet page also you also may visit just a tiny dinosaur over the malfunction communication. Today the unblocked game kills the time enjoying "no internet T rex hacked game dinosaur".

Create the dino game jog by pressing the space bar or arrow. Take advantage of these hacked keys to leap within the hurdles at the road. The more time you maintain the keys, the more complex the dinosaur Will leap.

To muster under something (such as the pterosaurs), then You have to press on down the down arrow. Bear in mind the longer you perform, the quicker your floor moves along with also the dinosaur runs.

The flash has ended when the dino hacked wreck to some other barrier. Re-start by hitting on the Space Bar. Your online game boils straight home and now it's still true that you wish to play with the "t-rex skeleton no online game"? Strive a couple of ways beneath: Appreciate this hacked to bits, my favorite unblocked game also has arrived at lifestyle!

However, the smallest difficulty will be the online game genuinely hurts my eyes again. Please include a dim style into the flash game due to the fact I actually don't beg t rex unblocked game move the next day putting on glasses all of the surprising.

Online game t rex is just one of the absolute most popular sport, wherever your aim is to leap over all borders to complete. You need to restraint t-rex chrome dino to secure more dents and triumph! flash game is just one of the absolute most widely used video sport all around the entire environment.
Re: Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World by kilotomartial(m): 5:34am On Apr 02, 2023
Talking about Google Chrome's Dino game, there are also other versions that we can find online and users can play even if they are online. Games like Naruto runner etc. I however personally find classic dino game trex runner only.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom / How Do I Log Into Someones Facebook Account Without Knowing The Password / 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.