Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) (28065 Views)

FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project / Chinese Man Holds Umbrella For Masari, Katsina Governor, In China.PICS / Nigeria, World Bank, Seven Energy Sign Deal For Over 500MW To National Grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ugosample:

This guy must be a joker?

lol.
Federal property owned by Atiku and Dangote? see this guy o.

Joking? Google is your friend. Call Nigerian Port Authority and ask them.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
rassan:
S.
Many guys are just writing on Nairaland due to their myopic brain and low iq...Lagos is the only city in Nigeria that Atlantic ocean enter their city, all other states in Nigeria are with lagoon/rivers that enter their cities, Epe/Badagry/Apapa have one of the deepest sea port in west Africa so that's why it's easier for both foreign/local importers to patronise lagos port. We have gelegele seaport here in edo state but it can never contain very huge ships. Then the issue of Niger/delta militant is another problem so many ship owners are more comfortable with lagos sea port than any other state in Niger delta. After dredging akwa ibom deep sea port it can only contain moderate sized ship just like our gelegele seaport in edo state. So u people should stop hating lagos because GOD sees other states in Nigeria before he allowed Atlantic ocean to enter inside their city while all other state in Nigeria can only dredge lagoon and small small rivers. In term of civilization lagos is number one. So stop hating yoruba people because of their blessings, lagos is now enjoying 13% oil allocation because of their oil. But we edo are always moving forward without being jealous of any tribe. GOD bless edo state and Nigeria
Ondo state has substantial viable coastline on the ocean
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
rassan:
S. [s]
Many guys are just writing on Nairaland due to their myopic brain and low iq...Lagos is the only city in Nigeria that Atlantic ocean enter their city, all other states in Nigeria are with lagoon/rivers that enter their cities, Epe/Badagry/Apapa have one of the deepest sea port in west Africa so that's why it's easier for both foreign/local importers to patronise lagos port. We have gelegele seaport here in edo state but it can never contain very huge ships. Then the issue of Niger/delta militant is another problem so many ship owners are more comfortable with lagos sea port than any other state in Niger delta. After dredging akwa ibom deep sea port it can only contain moderate sized ship just like our gelegele seaport in edo state. So u people should stop hating lagos because GOD sees other states in Nigeria before he allowed Atlantic ocean to enter inside their city while all other state in Nigeria can only dredge lagoon and small small rivers. In term of civilization lagos is number one. So stop hating yoruba people because of their blessings, lagos is now enjoying 13% oil allocation because of their oil. But we edo are always moving forward without being jealous of any tribe. GOD bless edo state and Nigeria [/s]

Shot your ignorant poo mouth. Ibaka, Port Harcourt, proposed Abia port, Calabar are all closer to the Atlantic ocean than both Lagos port. Call NPA and ask them.

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by wink2015(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
That young man taking selfie while a meeting was going on is just a "fly in the ointment"

He wants us to see his "2face" rather than the main issue on ground.

Everywhere the camera turn to it is his face!

We want to see the practical achievement of governor, Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom state and not to see "face"

I hope at the end of the day everything will not be a "CHINA WASHIE"

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by diczo(m): 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
Intellect20:

Haba Afonja

Dancing Alinko
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by rassan: 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:

Shot your ignorant poo mouth. Ibaka, Port Harcourt, proposed Abia port, Calabar are all closer to the Atlantic ocean than both Lagos port. Call NPA and ask them.
Okay go and remove Lagos blessings if u can, hahahaha...international airport, bar beach dey for ibaka/port harcourt?. But calabar was once a federal capital so tell me why it refused to develop like Lagos...the best and richest state today is Lagos...followed by edo state because yoruba people and the Benin's are brother according to oduduwa history.

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
rassan:
Okay go and remove Lagos blessings if u can, hahahaha...international airport, bar beach dey for ibaka/port harcourt?. But calabar was once a federal capital so tell me why it refused to develop like Lagos...the best and richest state today is Lagos...followed by edo state because yoruba people and the Benin's are brother according to oduduwa history.

You call it blessing? You are just dumb. Read my previous posts for explanation.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:

You call it blessing? You are just dumb. Read my previous posts for explanation.
There is no need to be insulting it only show spitefulness,hatred and a lack of brain power.

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by aarressa: 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
Another internet blog site project..

Akpabio for the 8 years he spent on office was budgeting and pocketing billions for ibaka deep sea port that no bush was cleared, no road leading to the imaginary seaport and not even fence till his last day on office.

This new joker is just picking up the scam where Akpabio left it...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:
I can't wait to use this port. Igbos will channel all their shipments via this port. The 900 billion naira Lagos gets will now go to our brothers in Akwa Ibom. To God be the Glory. I hope that Buhari and yorubba will not frustrate this project.
Why dem neva channel all their shipment to warri port or even ph port, let delta state or ph have d 900billion u r talking about, after all ibos dey ph n delta state. Plz lemme hear better word jor, this ur comment is not reasonable

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by rassan: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:

This Buhari government wey no let me comot for house don make me know say no be everybody wey go school get iq wey reach average...how can u quote Abia port as a deep sea port? Have u check the geographical location of Abia state on the map? Abia wey no get Bar beach na hin go come get deep sea port... na so hin dey talk of onitsha port, u know no say na small small rivers wey gather from SAGBAMA/PATANI/MBIAMA/Yenagua with river ethiope come join together take form river Niger wey pass thru onitsha bridge.... Remember say Ship no go fit pass under PATANI/SAGBAMA/MBIAMA/yenagua bridges to come land for onitsha port hahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Blue3k(m): 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2016
rassan:
S.
Many guys are just writing on Nairaland due to their myopic brain and low iq...Lagos is the only city in Nigeria that Atlantic ocean enter their city, all other states in Nigeria are with lagoon/rivers that enter their cities, Epe/Badagry/Apapa have one of the deepest sea port in west Africa so that's why it's easier for both foreign/local importers to patronise lagos port. We have gelegele seaport here in edo state but it can never contain very huge ships. Then the issue of Niger/delta militant is another problem so many ship owners are more comfortable with lagos sea port than any other state in Niger delta. After dredging akwa ibom deep sea port it can only contain moderate sized ship just like our gelegele seaport in edo state. So u people should stop hating lagos because GOD sees other states in Nigeria before he allowed Atlantic ocean to enter inside their city while all other state in Nigeria can only dredge lagoon and small small rivers. In term of civilization lagos is number one. So stop hating yoruba people because of their blessings, lagos is now enjoying 13% oil allocation because of their oil. But we edo are always moving forward without being jealous of any tribe. GOD bless edo state and Nigeria

Nobody should hate on Lagos but don't spread misinfo either. Ibom/ibakka port had 18m with out dregging. Yes it can hold big mega ton ships. We're happy for your state really but don't lie about simple facts. BTW our state has longest coastline it would be foolish of us not to build this port.

http://www.nigerianports.org/news.aspx?id=251

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2016
rassan:
This Buhari government wey no let me comot for house don make me know say no be everybody wey go school get iq wey reach average...how can u quote Abia port as a deep sea port? Have u check the geographical location of Abia state on the map? Abia wey no get Bar beach na hin go come get deep sea port... na so hin dey talk of onitsha port, u know no say na small small rivers wey gather from SAGBAMA/PATANI/MBIAMA/Yenagua with river ethiope come join together take form river Niger wey pass thru onitsha bridge.... Remember say Ship no go fit pass under PATANI/SAGBAMA/MBIAMA/yenagua bridges to come land for onitsha port hahahaha.

Get out of your Afonja Brown republic and visit Obuaku. After the civil war, the federal government carved all coastal Igbo communities in Abia into Rivers state but as God will have it they didn't realize that Obuaku existed. Today they are shocked, just like you are shocked that it existed.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by lordcenred(m): 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
Na true sha

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by rassan: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:

Get out of your Afonja Brown republic and visit Obuaku. After the civil war, the federal government carved all coastal Igbo communities in Abia into Rivers state but as God will have it they didn't realize that Obuaku existed. Today they are shocked, just like you are shocked that it existed.
. For ur information i am an edo man with great pride. I only visit lagos when it is necessary. But unless u stop blaming other tribes for ur woes ur state can never move forward. Have u heard of gelegele seaport? Are we blaming the yorubas for failure of FG to help us revive it? So do d needful and stop blaming the blessed people...anyway u are invited to come and vote for our able Gov. In waiting obaseki tomorrow because he has promised to help us revive gelegele seaport where we used to clear cars those days

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Una no dey tire with your lies?.All the monies generated from sea ports go to the FG.The NPA is a federal agency.

Lol...just listen to yourself? Lol. I'll educate you...Lagos gets a percentage from the port duties, same with airport, just like Niger delta states get percentage called derivation from oil. Where do you think most of Lagos revenue come from? Ports and Airport, if not Lagos revenue will drop by 60%

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
rassan:
. For ur information i am an edo man with great pride. I only visit lagos when it is necessary. But unless u stop blaming other tribes for ur woes ur state can never move forward. Have u heard of gelegele seaport? Are we blaming the yorubas for failure of FG to help us revive it? So do d needful and stop blaming the blessed people...anyway u are invited to come and vote for our able Gov. In waiting obaseki tomorrow because he has promised to help us revive gelegele seaport where we used to clear cars those days

You are an Afonja not Edo.

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:

Lol...just listen to yourself? Lol. I'll educate you...Lagos gets a percentage from the port duties, same with airport, just like Niger delta states get percentage called derivation from oil. Where do you think most of Lagos revenue come from? Ports and Airport, if not Lagos revenue will drop by 60%
Not true ,the argument has bbeen on a long time ,derivation does not apply tothe ports. The money goes directly to the federation account

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
Not true ,the argument has bbeen on a long time ,derivation does not apply tothe ports

I didn't say derivation applies to port, I said similar to that but more specifically state duties in addition to the federal government duties.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by 19naia(m): 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
What is up with the Niger river bridge projects? They need at least two more bridges crossing the Niger river for all the commercial activity to flow to and from port . Or is the new port only for the export of oil?
Eventually the additional ports will add up to increased flow of goods across the country, even if the ports are put in Lagos or Ondo or Yankari game reserve.

The real question is why is the Niger river bridges project not finished with at least 2 additional bridges? Where is all of the additional ship cargo going to pass across the river as it distributes across the various parts of the country? The existing bridges that cross the river Niger are already plagued with frequent and massive grid lock.
Nigeria always trying to developing itself into a disorganized jumble. I hope they complete at least 2 more Niger river bridges before they finish a single new port. There is also no guarantee the new port will be a success while exisitng ports in the region are not operating to capacity nor developed to capacity. Maybe if the new port is specifically for oil export, then its no problem.

It is guaranteed that a finished set of additional Niger river bridges will more successful at aiding commerce in every state than a new port for commercial goods. Import or export will still require a fitting infrastructure base for the flow of goods to and from the port in a robust export and import economy.

I watched a 4th bridge built in 3 years ,non stop from start to finish and now its functioning while the 3rd of the older bridges is being renovated. They have 4 bridges crossing into one city all within 2 kilometers of one another. And of course thats in USA where every major river crossing to any city, will have at least 2 bridges into the city and it is more common to have 3 or more bridges in a city the size of Onitsha and to have complex fly-overs to distribute traffic around the city so that commercial vehicles just passing through to farther destinations will not need to congest and pollute the city streets.
I still recall Onitsha showing up on the top 10 most terrible air quality cities on earth. Its because of so much heavy vehicle traffic condensed to one point. More commercial vehicles from ports, through that same location will only increase the pollution and na die be dat one Oooo shocked

If the new port is intended for regionally produced oil to be exported from the region, then don't mind me here. That plan will work so long as they know ships will be willing to dock there. Hopefully more Nigerian owned ships will operate in Nigerian ports.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Idrismusty97(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
HomeOfMe:
Is there no sea port in port-Harcourt?there should be;a state as important as that.
There is, One even owned by Atiku. That's if Onne is in Port Harcourt, But they aren't fully functional i guess.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:

I didn't say derivation applies to port, I said similar to that but more specifically state duties in addition to the federal government duties.
There is nothing like that. We from the area that have been fighting for derivation know the score.Not one kobo goes to any state for sea port or airports directly. All revenue that accrues to the FG goes to the Federation accout and is shared by a formula.The ONLY EXCEPTION IS DERIVATION

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by omonnakoda: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:

There is nothing like that. We from the area that have been fighting for derivation know the score.Not one kobo goes to any state for sea port or airports directly. All revenue that accrues to the FG goes to the Federation account and is shared by a formula.The ONLY EXCEPTION IS DERIVATION
Lagos has been fighting for derivation to apply to the ports and VAT for decades to no avail

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
Freedom2016:

LOL, Go educate yourselves first. I dare you bring out verifiable proof to prove the bolded, it is a big, fat, shameless lie that has been overused. The Lagos state government does not earn ANY derivation from the sea ports that are currently located in the state. That is a FACT. Cc vengertime

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by BiafranPrince: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ugosample:

This guy must be a joker?

lol.
Federal property owned by Atiku and Dangote? see this guy o.

Actually Atiku owns and controls Onne and Calabar seaports, as unbelievable as he may sound, it is true.

You think if Dangote buys Abuja airport that it still belongs to FG?
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by seguno2: 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
lexyclasy:
Deep port bro.....that's what is lacking at those places you mentioned....larger vessels only terminate at Bonny Buoyancy only lighter vessels passes bonny to Onne and Port Harcourt same applicable to Calabar

Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by seguno2: 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
They are not licensed for commercial import export

Are you sure of this information?
Any internet link to verify it?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Reference(m): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
chimere66:
According to Kufre,Akwa Ibom state Governor is on the verge of signing a deal with a China company for Ibom Deep Sea Port.He wrote...

'In talks with China Merchants Group for Ibom Deep Sea Port in Shenzhen, China'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/gov-udom-emmanuel-set-to-sign-deal-with.html

Good one. By PPP/BOT, anyhow, it is fantastic and will be a serious money spinner serving parts of South, East and North. If only the owners of Nigeria and their vested interests will let it be. He should ask Donald Duke.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Reference(m): 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
richidinho:
Ok
Pls thou shall not follow in the footsteps of the cursed tribe of Federal govt of Nigeria that patronized black market investors in China

Deal with the right investors so that the project can start sooner that later.

No wonder!!! So this government is built around youths like Kufre that is why they are getting it write, a govt that promised us metering company within 8months we have started submiting CV

Una welldone oooo

Yeah, Akwa Ibom appears to be one of those better run states.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by cyrilamx(m): 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
I love your post but I don't agree with you that gele gele can't accommodate bigger ship. Gele gele runs direct into Atlantic ocean and when dredged is at par in depth with logos and deeper than any in south south. Thank God the incoming Oba of Benin is already thinking of creating a free trade Zone with the help of FG in order to create jobs for Edo youths. Gele Gele is a more than any port in south south, that why most south West politicians would work against its realisation, but with the incoming monarch, we will succeed. Gele Gele ain't just famous for its historical connections, but more than a gold mine.
rassan:
S.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by brightology3: 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
jmichlins:
you no be journalist or press secretary to any party involved and you choose to take a selfie in the middle of an important meeting. If they sack you for not being serious with work now you will blame the president or your old aunt in the village. See woman no take photo na you wey be man do am
oga abeg shut up, you dey make noise for my ear
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) by Ugosample(m): 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
BiafranPrince:

Actually Atiku owns and controls Onne and Calabar seaports, as unbelievable as he may sound, it is true.

You think if Dangote buys Abuja airport that it still belongs to FG?

So what are you driving at?
That the SE/SS are deliberately marginalized and strangulated?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Is A Simp Who Cry Like A Teenage Girl Dumped By Her Boyfriend - Omokri / APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election / Ogoni Leaders Cry For Help As Armed-bearing Fulani Herdsmen Occupy Farms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.