Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Will I Ever Get Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will I Ever Get Married? (74541 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by poik(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2016
One of us needs reading glasses...maybe of the mind or eye or both
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Moz22: 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
abimbawealth:
sad sad sad sad sad
its been a while I got in here..hw ve u been?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by abimbawealth(f): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
Moz22:
its been a while I got in here..hw ve u been?
Hi you, been good...You?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2016
Thanks alot

purplerain:
Dear OP

Please I beg you, do not marry someone you feel absolutely nothing for. It rarely ends well.
I know what it is like to be married to someone you love and who adores you, it's AMAZING!.
Marriage is to be enjoyed, abeg dont get in to endure Biko.
There are a lot of miserable people out there married to the wrong person, please do not join that list.

Be patient, and have an open mind. Chances are it will happen when you least expect with someone you least expected as well.

In the meantime, abeg enjoy yourself and live your life...

Cheers smiley
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2016
Thanks ma'am

olagift:
Dear op,please don't be discouraged because there is nothing abnormal about what you are passing through. It is a normal phase of life that you will overcome with time, talking from experience. All what you need is a little patient and prayer. Somehow and anyhow you and your right man will locate yourselves. Never you bothered yourself with what is happening in the life of your counterparts because we have different life to live. Please, marriage is not the ultimate and all in all achievement in life. Dedicate your time to God,yourself, help and impact others. Enjoy the freedom of singlehood because life won't be the same after marriage. And don't get married to someone you don't have feeling for and the one you cannot cope or bear with his weaknesses. There is a special man out there that is meant for you. Once again use prayer and patience to wait for him.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by abimbawealth(f): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
Dyt:

Kilode?
O po
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by oluwashedy: 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
If you see a lady still single or complaining about not meeting the right partner, check her attitude and xter... Some ladies fink no guy can measure up to their standard

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Peacefullove: 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
sexymoma:
Op i must confess as a lady it possible for you not to get married to the person you love

buh the person who loves you....
let me tell you the truth here... person wey we dey always run after nor dey run after us ooo ooo...
leave that lil space for love to exist in your heart..
it happened to me too... i was busy running after lies, nd my boo been begging me for almost a year, i nor gree.

this is painful @ underlined. but some few women are an exception though
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Eseries(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
OP relax...... There is nothing wrong with you. There is nothing wrong about placing a standard for yourself too. There are things in life I expect providence to take care of....Marriage is one. My Sis who is much more older than you will be wedding next two months. There was a guy that was asking her hand in marriage she refused because he didn't meet up to her standard(has nothing to do with finances). I was a little bit concerned considering her age, I was expecting her to compromise, she did not. Now she has what she wants and am happy for her. OP relax, what you want will come your way! Cheers!

I PM/Dm you, Please reply ( The reason for contacting you has nothing to do with this topic or romance)

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Moz22: 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
abimbawealth:
Hi you, been good...You?
same here bae..

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by sunvick(m): 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
Op,
There are lots of people in your shoe too.
I share your sentiments too buh the difference between us is gender.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by moski5(m): 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
seizethaBae:
if u guys no d level of my seriousness walah iu wont take it as a joke. shams040 im not here to look for patner/husband but to find experience pple to diagnose what could be wrong with me or if it happens to most ladies before they settle down. Experience pple pls respond plsssss

emmm what if he's the one you've been waiting and praying for
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by moski5(m): 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nancy2016:

I agree with most of what you said except the part where you say "love is a fleeting sensation". That's not true. True love never dies. Why do you think more and more women are cheating? This is because a lot of them for whatever reasons got married to men they didn't love. Women are emotional beings and are always in search of love. If a woman has no love for her husband she is prone to temptation. A lot of times you hear women cheated with their exes. This is because they still are in love with these men. I will always advise women that if you have no feelings for a man, please do both of you a favour, end the relationship and let that man find his rightful partner.

I think you are swapping love for lust, thrill n adventure ...
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by moski5(m): 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
Chubhie:

You must learn to accept personal responsibilities. This is your call. Stop your framing God up and attempting to use him as insurance just incase it goes south and you got heart broken.

You subconsciously set up walls as defence mechanisms and asking God to show you a miracle while one was starring at your face.

When you meet someone interesting,notice a point of attraction? That attraction/spark can be nurtured into roaring flames.

I tell you now that if a greater guy than your ex shows up you would still encounter same problems until you work on yourself to dismantle those walls you built.

You need to learn how to love and what the term love ultimately entails. I understand your subconscious mind in putting up those walls cos love is too deep and would leave you venerable once opened to the wrong person.

You seem to have a good heart which the subconscious is jealously protecting.

It's also okay to get heart broken so you learn and grow. Only you hold the keys to your missing paradise.

Counsellor you spoke of attraction its pretty obvious that she's not attracted to that guy. would love to say more buh...
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Chubhie: 11:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
moski5:

Counsellor you spoke of attraction its pretty obvious that she's not attracted to that guy. would love to say more buh...
A perfect guy and yet no atom of attraction? Please say more....
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by moski5(m): 11:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
Chubhie:

A perfect guy and yet no atom of attraction? Please say more....

lol there's nothing like a perfect guy, I've had ladies I wanted to 'do' things with, there's no attraction so no Progress
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Chubhie: 12:06am On Sep 30, 2016
moski5:

lol there's nothing like a perfect guy, I've had ladies I wanted to 'do' things with, there's no attraction so no Progress
This is not about you.Rather,the op with a perfect guy for three years in the relationship and no attraction?

Now,those ladies you always want to do things to,don't they have attractive Manchester United and arsenal? You are a carnal man and MUST be easily swayed with mundane things as girl on skirt and lipsticks.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by mastermaestro(m): 1:14am On Sep 30, 2016
seizethaBae:
Thanks alot

From your maiden post it is clear that you aren't faced with a famine of suitors, just that you haven't found the one that matches your inner colour. Read and think carefully, my baby sister who got married at the twilight of 2015 actually got married to a guy she initially adjudged a mismatch. She confided in me how she didn't feel anything for him when he first asked her out. For many months her heart never panted a second for him.

I was far away. She called me on the phone one morning to discuss it with me. She told me how she wanted a guy as smart and sociable as myself and a cousin of mine. This guy wasn't close in many respects. That morning I had to open her mind to a few details about love and marriage. Well most important of all, I asked her to go enquire from the Creator of marriage if the dude was right for her. Yes I actually asked her to. Human judgments are usually flawed! It's extremely risky and a huge gamble as well for anyone to rely solely on themselves when choosing a lifetime bedroom mate. This is my belief.

After a few days she called me to tell me she hadn't found out anything yet. Well I told her that the guy was her soulmate. How I knew is something for another day. grin My sweet sister was distraught. cheesy The conversation lost steam and she hung up. grin Few days later she rang me to inform me she had confirmed what I told her. I wasn't interested in how she found out. Today they are married. She is overjoyed. They both call me all the time expressing their gratitude.

Moral lesson:

1. Don't chase after feelings of love.
2. Love is not enough.
3. The weak-looking one is usually the jackpot.
4. The flashy ones usually are a load of pain when you arrive home together.
5. Never lean on your own understanding when making the choice. It's a risk you may never be able to undo.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Pidggin(f): 7:56am On Sep 30, 2016
olagift:
Dear op,please don't be discouraged because there is nothing abnormal about what you are passing through. It is a normal phase of life that you will overcome with time, talking from experience. All what you need is a little patient and prayer. Somehow and anyhow you and your right man will locate yourselves. Never you bothered yourself with what is happening in the life of your counterparts because we have different life to live. Please, marriage is not the ultimate and all in all achievement in life. Dedicate your time to God,yourself, help and impact others. Enjoy the freedom of singlehood because life won't be the same after marriage. And don't get married to someone you don't have feeling for and the one you cannot cope or bear with his weaknesses. There is a special man out there that is meant for you. Once again use prayer and patience to wait for him.

Nice one. The same lady will beg for some free time after marriage grin

OP, exercise patience and make sure you use your gift of time positively while still single, you will marry a good man IJN

2 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2016
Amen. Thanks sis. Thanks all,i really appreciate.

Pidggin:

Nice one. The same lady will beg for some free time after marriage grin

OP, exercise patience and make sure you use your gift of time positively while still single, you will marry a good man IJN

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 9:29am On Sep 30, 2016
Okay.

Eseries:
OP relax...... There is nothing wrong with you. There is nothing wrong about placing a standard for yourself too. There are things in life I expect providence to take care of....Marriage is one. My Sis who is much more older than you will be wedding next two months. There was a guy that was asking her hand in marriage she refused because he didn't meet up to her standard(has nothing to do with finances). I was a little bit concerned considering her age, I was expecting her to compromise, she did not. Now she has what she wants and am happy for her. OP relax, what you want will come your way! Cheers!

I PM/Dm you, Please reply ( The reason for contacting you has nothing to do with this topic or romance)

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by moski5(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2016
Chubhie:

This is not about you.Rather,the op with a perfect guy for three years in the relationship and no attraction?

Now,those ladies you always want to do things to,don't they have attractive Manchester United and arsenal? You are a carnal man and MUST be easily swayed with mundane things as girl on skirt and lipsticks.

its for Op to Declare what she meant by the Perfect guy. As for carnality it takes one to know one
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by rex444(m): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2016
From my observation, u sound desperate. No insult intended... I believe if not for the family pressures, your mates a all settled right? don't count on that,just divert your attention towards other things and before u know,something will come up
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nancy2016: 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
moski5:

I think you are swapping love for lust, thrill n adventure ...

Not at all.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
seizethaBae:
I dont even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is,hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. Im a 27yrs old lady,finished uni very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life,but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying im too choosy or not serious. Honestly,I AM NOT choosy.When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon,i even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner(i know you can meet ur patner anywhere,but na just to shut up pple wey don tink say i no dey serious),a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business',look for job so i can be leaving d house,and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection(honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it,the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. Im not desperate or something,i just want to reach out if im d only one having dis problem. There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him,i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can atleast like him(even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT,but it dint just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich,tall,handsome like most ladies dream man.He should just be neat,God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys).Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there,has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their patners and they are loved back equally. Married women pls im waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think im looking for a rich guy,believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs,but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head.So my problem is not even money.Im so sick and tired
You have an ex who you say is PERFECT,still you could not love him.

My diagnosis is that you operate on a peculiar wavelength that isn't common, trust me I know what I'm saying. Every human has a wavelength they operate on. If you were to put on an eye apparatus that is capable of detecting frequencies and sending the visual to your eye,you will understand what I'm saying.

A lot of people operate on similar wavelengths that may have different frequencies,but the catch is that these frequencies can superimpose on each other and blend. Your case is that you have a totally different frequency as well as wavelength from most normal people. Yes you are not normal!

Don't get mad yet,that you're not normal is not bad,it just means you're part of the less than 5% of people in the entire planet who fall under this category. I've met one other guy like that on this forum,cant mention his moniker so he doesn't bite my head off but I follow him. These group of people actually find it hard picking someone to get married to because there is always a fault to be noticed no matter how PERFECT the person is.

I'm going to guess that you're an ambivert,i.e a combination of introvert and extrovert. Another guess is that u like to read anything and everything, and you find that most people do not really understand you even part of your own family. Another guess is that your close friends are very few,as in VERY few and you haven't made new friends in a while. Most of your friends are old friends.
I also guess that you're someone who can have sex with someone and not add emotions to it,i mean just for the fun of it.

All guesses sha,so correct me on the wrong ones.

The solution is this,you should understand that for people like you, love is not what you need to marry. You only need to marry someone whom you would like enough not to see their faults or someone who is on the exact same frequency and wavelength as you,the latter is harder.

Are you into the science field,or do you just see yourself liking anything that has to do with figuring out how things work? smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
missjo:

My diagnosis is that you operate on a peculiar wavelength that isn't common, trust me I know what I'm saying. Every human has a wavelength they operate on. If you were to put on an eye apparatus that is capable of detecting frequencies and sending the visual to your eye,you will understand what I'm saying.

A lot of people operate on similar wavelengths that may have different frequencies,but the catch is that these frequencies can superimpose on each other and blend. Your case is that you have a totally different frequency as well as wavelength from most normal people. Yes you are not normal!

Don't get mad yet,that you're not normal is not bad,it just means you're part of the less than 5% of people in the entire planet who fall under this category. I've met one other guy like that on this forum,cant mention his moniker so he doesn't bite my head off but I follow him. These group of people actually find it hard picking someone to get married to because there is always a fault to be noticed no matter how PERFECT the person is.

I'm going to guess that you're an ambivert,i.e a combination of introvert and extrovert. Another guess is that u like to read anything and everything, and you find that most people do not really understand you even part of your own family. Another guess is that your close friends are very few,as in VERY few and you haven't made new friends in a while. Most of your friends are old friends.
I also guess that you're someone who can have sex with someone and not add emotions to it,i mean just for the fun of it.

The solution is this,you should understand that for people like you, love is not what you need to marry. You only need to marry someone whom you would like enough not to see their faults or someone who is on the exact same frequency and wavelength as you,the latter is harder.

Are you into the science field,or do you just see yourself liking anything that has to do with figuring out how things work? smiley

WOW!

Very interesting. Where can I read more about it? You have described me quite precisely even though some terms are open to discussion, e.g. how do you define friendship? I am not looking for a spouse but I am eager to learn something new. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by raumdeuter: 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
Too much novel and movies dey worry you.

People get married everyday where both of them barely met for 2hrs or communicated. And there are people who had great love and feeling for their partners and have been married 13times already. All those feelings you are talking about, most of them are fleeting and would pass.

The kind of guy you have feelings for 5yrs ago might look like an arsehole to you now and same in another 5yrs time

Look for a guy that has the same prospect as you, similar education, with similar religious beliefs, from a similar background, has similar values and principles in career, finances and human relations. basically someone that is compatible. And just go with it, In a few yrs after marriage that feeling will grow

All those you read in novels are fiction

Almost all married people at some time have wondered what jazz made them marry this type of person and many of them get over it and make it work

While many who left supposedly imperfect partners are wishing they had stayed

There are much more important things that made life and marriage work than just emotional feeling

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
Mindfulness:

WOW!

Very interesting. Where can I read more about it? You have described me quite precisely even though some terms are open to discussion, e.g. how do you define friendship? I am not looking for a spouse but I am eager to learn something new. cheesy
It isn't just one source,i mean reading about it. I actually typed that out from a combined residual memory involving many different books I have read over the years and scholarly write-ups I have come across randomly on the internet.

But I'd love to share with you some books that talk on the subject in parts:
Amazing laws of cosmic mind power
Psychic perception - the magic of extrasensory power
The cosmic power within you
Secrets of the I Ching

All of those are authored by Joseph Murphy.

Robert Greene also gives a little insight on human interactions in:
The 48 Laws of Power
The Art of Seduction

The Art of War by Sun Tzu may have added to my memory too I guess,lol. Though it is purely a political book, it sublimely articulates human interactions.
Same with the works of Niccolo Machiavelli.

For specific books on understanding humans based on the frequency they emit and wavelengths, I can't name specific books off the top of my head. I came across the topic by chance on scholarly articles by biological scientists mostly on the internet and on very educative programs on TV.
But reading a combination of those books up there and many more all point to the same fact.

Lahaye's books on temperaments also might be enlightening.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
@poster even though many people have said there is nothing to worry about, I do think that you need to look inward and evaluate a few things

you went out with someone you did not have any feelings for for 3 whole years, but you say that loving someone and having strong feelings for them is very important to you, so why then go out with someone you felt was unsuitable for so long?

The reality is that marriages do not thrive on Love alone, there are other important things involved such as respect, good sex, friendship, companionship, being able to laugh together, similar backgrounds, education, expectations, ideas and dreams.
My suggestion is to be open to someone who shares the same values and ideas with you and take it from there.
You see all those butterfly feelings are temporary and as time goes on and you settle down into marriage, and start to go through things together as a married couple, it becomes a deep seated love and you almost feel as if you are the same being (feeling of oneness), security and companionship.
That comes with time.

Can I also say that the person you may feel for may not be that suitable for you and this may cause problems later.
I don't know if you are getting what I am saying
Pick a decent, hard-working, God fearing man who you are compatible with. A man who will respect you.
I'm not saying marry anyone out of pity, so pls do not misunderstand me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
missjo:

It isn't just one source,i mean reading about it. I actually typed that out from a combined residual memory involving many different books I have read over the years and scholarly write-ups I have come across randomly on the internet.

I thought so.

Thank God I love reading. cheesy

But I'd love to share with you some books that talk on the subject in parts:
Amazing laws of cosmic mind power
Psychic perception - the magic of extrasensory power
The cosmic power within you
Secrets of the I Ching

All of those are authored by Joseph Murphy.

Robert Greene also gives a little insight on human interactions in:
The 48 Laws of Power
The Art of Seduction

The Art of War by Sun Tzu may have added to my memory too I guess,lol. Though it is purely a political book, it sublimely articulates human interactions.
Same with the works of Niccolo Machiavelli.

For specific books on understanding humans based on the frequency they emit and wavelengths, I can't name specific books off the top of my head. I came across the topic by chance on scholarly articles by biological scientists mostly on the internet and on very educative programs on TV.
But reading a combination of those books up there and many more all point to the same fact.

Lahaye's books on temperaments also might be enlightening.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
missjo:

You have a terrible knowledge on theory of wave..... when frequencies superimpose on the same wavelength, there is destructive interference leading to more subharmonics of the obtainable Fourier series, and I don't see how that is a good thing... secondly, I don't see how humans will operate on different wavelength, because if they did, and the sinusoid is a pure one , an infinite series of emotions will then not exist.

3 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

You have a terrible knowledge on theory of wave..... when frequencies superimpose on the same wavelength, there is destructive interference leading to more subharmonics of the obtainable Fourier series, and I don't see how that is a good thing... secondly, I don't see how humans will operate on different wavelength, because if they did, and the sinusoid is a pure one , an infinite series of emotions will then not exist.
I'm sure I have a terrible knowledge on wave theory seeing as I'm not a physicist,but I know there is such a thing called BEAT FREQUENCY which results when different frequencies superimpose on each other.this is a good thing in human interactions. wink

As for you not seeing how humans can operate on different wavelengths,this is probably because you're overthinking it only as a physicist when you should be thinking as a neuroscientist.
Here is a little something from an institute for systems neuroscience at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology

https://www.ntnu.edu/news/on-the-same-wavelength

Have a lovely evening.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. / Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.