Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Funny Myths We Believed As Kids In Nigeria - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny Myths We Believed As Kids In Nigeria (1192 Views)

Top Ten Lies We Believed As Kids In The Early 90s... / Must Read!!! Some Hoax We Believed While Growing Up / VIDE: Very Funny Way We Used To Talk As Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funny Myths We Believed As Kids In Nigeria by Risky005: 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
Funny beliefs we had as kids
1) if your hand is itchy it means
somebody is gonna give you money
2) If its Raining and the sun is Out Shining just know that melu is borning. LoL
3)You can get white fingernails by singing "leke leke bamboo" whenever you see a flamingo
4) If you whistle at night spirits would visit you
5) red rubberband would suck your blood when worn on the wrists
6) If you cross someone's leg it means you are transferring bad luck
7)When we were young and lost our teeth/tooth, we run round the house 7 times then throw it on the roof of our houses otherwise it wouldn't grow (i actually did this one *coversface)
cool you can know the sex of ur next sibling through the shape of the lines on your palms
9) If you see any BLACK cat, in short any cat, the cat is a witch!LOL
10) if you pick money on the floor, you will turn to yam
11)Put a finger in the dogs eyes and rub it in your's and you will see evil spirit
12) if you eat while standing the food would not enter your body
13) If you kill a wall gecko you would wet the bed that night
14)if u bend to look between ur legs in the market ,u will see spirits.
15)if a boy kisses u as a virgin...u are pregnant automatically. LoL
16)apply ur saliva on your navel and a running stomach would stop
17) if u eat in ur sleep, you have been initiated” I'm still afraid to eat in my sleep, I always force myself to wake up
18) If you see a light-skinned girl who is really beautiful and has long hair, then she's got to be a mamiwater
19) If your food drops on the floor, its wrong to pick it back up because Satan has eaten it
20)You can forcefully suspend a hawk in midair by singing " ole fowl turn round and fall", repeatedly
21) if you have grey hairs on your head or sweat on your nose you are gonna be rich( i have these two things o. money must be on d way)
22) if you place any part of your body in an awkward position and a fly touches you, you are going to be like that forever.

Which one did i forget
CC: lalasticlala
cc: myd44
cc: seun

(1) (Reply)

#bbn9ja: A Bet With Me And My Sister And She Don't Want To Pay / Mark Angel Comedy And Emmanuella – Bad Luck Aunty… She Was There | Episode 113 / Bring Your Work Things Home- Very Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.