Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) (28204 Views)

Having Problems Formatting My Asus Windows 8.1 Laptop / How Do I Remove A Virus From My Computer Without Formatting? / Will An Ipod Shuffle Work On A Mac Notebook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by gbengaijot(m): 10:47am On Nov 29, 2005
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by Seun(m): 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2005
Does your IPod Shuffle still work as a music player?
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by demmy(m): 6:24pm On Nov 29, 2005
I think you'll need to format it as FAT32 and only on windowsXP.
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by gbengaijot(m): 1:46am On Nov 30, 2005
Thanks Seun, i never use it as a music player.av got a 128 mb player i use(i am not tht much a music freak.@demmy, please how do i go about that?.
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by demmy(m): 4:45am On Nov 30, 2005
Since you know how to use DOS command prompt, then type

format [drive-letter]: /fs:fat32 /q

[drive-letter] = D or E or whatever your Ipod's drive letter is without the bracket of course
q= quick format
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by gbengaijot(m): 3:46am On Dec 01, 2005
@ demmy, thanks for your assistance. i tried the code u gave me in DOS command promt and it showed me this:, check the picture i attached. will give u a clear meaning of what i meant. please do give me more solutions

Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by demmy(m): 9:01am On Dec 01, 2005
My bad. I didn't pay attention to that RAW in your original post. Well it means you have to partition the Ipod's disk first.

Just go to Administrative Tools [by right clicking My Computer]---> Disk Management
(or Click Start > Run and type diskmgmt.msc)
and partition the disk; then format.
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by gbengaijot(m): 2:04am On Dec 02, 2005
@demmy, that was a perfect solution. thankz a lot. i really appreciate it.one more thing, there is always a messenger service box that pops up on my screen every now and then.its always telling me av got virus, of whivch i scanned my laptop again and again.i later discover that its some form of advert. i tried internet options to block pop ups but i cant get thru with it. i dont want to use an external pop up blocker coz it affects my laptop.what do u think??
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by demmy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 02, 2005
Well I am assuming you're using IE so only one advice I have on that one: Jettision it. Get firefox. Download it without delay; then get the Adblock extension and goodbye to unwanted ads. cool
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by debanjee(m): 1:03am On Jan 17, 2006
y
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by Sephiroth(m): 9:36pm On May 12, 2006
Hi, I have a problem too with my IPOD Shuffle, basically the same problem , but I can`t format it, I tried with command prompt but nothing, and when I go th Disk Management it doesn't apear my Ipod, neither in iTunes, I don`t know what to do , Please someone , HELP ME smiley undecided

Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by mmacvicar: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2006
I had a similar problem. I was unable to format my iPod Shuffle under Win2k. I tried command line, exploder and diskmgmt.msc. They all reported that the format failed.

I saw some stuff on the net about using WinXP so I took my iPod to work and formatted under WinXP exploder and it worked.

Good Luck,

Mark MacVicar
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by oo7pavan: 6:42am On Feb 28, 2007
i am also facing the Same problem with my Ipod Shuffle.
it shows me IOCtrl call error
please help,
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by nkc(m): 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2007
well there is a solution, but it is complicated
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by wyller: 11:34am On Dec 20, 2007
i have the same problem. even if the solution is complicated, am willing to give it a shot. plz/
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by samroberts: 3:29am On Jul 03, 2008
i have an ipod shuffle igb
i am able to transfer song on it using itunes but when i disconnet it and press play button
it indicates no music on set
please help!
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by TOH(f): 3:32am On Jul 03, 2008
Have you updated your shuffle software on Itunes?
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by nikekenny(m): 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2008
where in NIgeria can i get Origina IPOD Nano 1gb? or 2gb. most of the one am seeing around are fake
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by samroberts: 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2008
yes i have updated it
it is updated with 1.0.4 firmware
i had been able to listen to songs before the firmware update
is there a way to rollback the firmware on my ipod?
thanx
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by TOH(f): 3:01am On Jul 04, 2008
Restore shuffle to factory settings. Add songs again. Make sure itunes converts all the songs to formats that go with it as in make sure none of the songs have *wma extentions.
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 04, 2008
you this stingy pple. Get a real ipod.
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by topeorekoy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2008
pls i need to format my i-pod. its not playing the songs i got from i-tunes. there r some files there. though am not too good with the computing terms. i just need to get rid of some files in the i-pod.

there is this IHC file and ALI files in the i-pod wen i accessed it through my p.c and they both cant delete
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by samroberts: 11:17pm On Jul 04, 2008
i formatted my ipod to fat32 using windows explorer
i think that is the problem
please help
thanx
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by CobraMacos: 6:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
Just to share an expirience:
I found a way to download YouTube videos. Some of are web sites where you put the url from YouTube and it gives you file with strange extension and small size. Some are really complicated.
My way was to use moviesherlock (moviesherlock.com or sm like this - please ask me - will rememeber). Really simple utility, that just works, and only 1 button in software.
I downloaded it from here: http://download.cnet.com/3001-2140_4-75065920.html?spi=68a87b0bad1ea20e12285c5005469cde.
I downloaded even HD movies!

But it looks too simple, has no player, but just works. It downloaded ~12 concurrent movies for me and actually slows down my system. Its possible to do search in moviesherlock and search results differs from what you see in YouTube. Thats strange.
Who knows - youTube results are different for same keyword? I loves cat (Simons cat / dog).
Why doesn't youtube allows to download its movies without external tools?!! It actually sucks!

Thanks in advance!
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by nishu617: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2010
i have same problem with my ipod shows o bytes and 0 space, it doesnt even format shows "error in IOCTL CALL " AND WHEN I OPEN DISK MANGEMENT IN RUN , IT SHOWS DISC IS UNREADABLE, WHAT TO DO? IT DOESNT GET FORMATED NOR RESTORED, ITS JUST A PAPER WEIGHT FOR ME !! HELP !! embarassed
Re: Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) by DeGuru3: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2010
reffer your problems to http://www.ipimp-ng.com they can restore you ipod and install games on them

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Uk used laptops for sale / TECNO Unveils Megabook T1 10th Generation Laptop / Request For All Unlocking Code Of Network Internet Modem Here Free Of Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.