Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:15 PM

Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) (23811 Views)

Ignatius Ajuru University Girls Twerk Hard During Graduation (Photos) / OAU Student Uses Funke Akindele’s Jenifa’s Diary As Final Year Project. (photo) / What It Takes To Get The Best Project Topic For Undergraduate, Master And Php . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by jonhemma11: 8:10am On Sep 29, 2016
Brilliant Nigerian Makes History in the United Kingdom

Ignatius Akpabio, an Indigene of Akwa Ibom state, has won the British Petroleum Prize for the best project on the course at the School of Computing Science and Digital Media’s 2016 Annual Awards Ceremony of the Robert Gordon University, UK.

A Nigerian Masters student who has graduated with distinction from Robert Gordon University (RGU) in Aberdeen is also celebrating picking up an industry prize for his academic performance.

Ignatius Akpabio (23),graduated with an MSc in IT for the Oil and Gas Industry in July, and was awarded the BP prize for the best project on the course at the School of Computing Science and Digital Media’s annual awards ceremony.

Ignatius said:

“I feel very excited to have won this prize as I didn’t expect it and I’m very grateful to the best project supervisor anyone can have, Dr Iain Pirie, for been very supportive of me during the implementation of my MSc project.”

Ignatius decided to embark on the course due to its unique nature in the higher education sector, as well as the growing importance of the oil and gas industry in his home country.

“Oil and gas being the major source of GDP in Nigeria means that the future of the country might well depend on the sector,” he said. “I’m a strong proponent of the ‘Nigeria of Tomorrow’ and therefore, in every possible way I want to contribute my own quota to the development of my country. 

“Coming from an IT background, I would like to use IT to develop and improve the oil and gas sector.”

Ignatius developed an inventory management system for an oil and gas servicing company as part of his MSc project, which was able to monitor and ensure effective management of goods to and from the warehouses and also record sales and purchases of goods while automatically updating stock levels with each transaction. 

He said: “Implementing the system was very challenging as it consists of a lot of functionalities. It was developed as a web application to aid authorised access from anywhere around the world as long as there is connection to the internet.”

Ignatius added: “The MSc course content itself is a very rich one which encompasses modules from core oil and gas engineering, petroleum geoscience and information technology. 

“I have found my time at RGU very rewarding and the School, alongside dedication on my part, has helped me improve on my software development skills. 

“Thanks to lecturers like Dr David Lonie and Dr Angela Siegel, I found software development very interesting and this enabled me to excel exceedingly well in both modules.”

Despite offers to stay back abroad, Akpabio has resolved to return home to pursue the Nigerian dream!

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/brilliant-nigerian-man-ignatius-akpabio.html

11 Likes

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by nwasinachi(f): 8:43am On Sep 29, 2016
Well done my brother from akwa ibom state. With d kind of nepotism in this country, and unless u have father Abraham as your God father in this country, i rather advise u to stay back and grab a good job over there

34 Likes

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Debaddest(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2016
Proudly 5%

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by DeKen: 10:08am On Sep 29, 2016
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by ephi123(f): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2016
Good one. That is what obtains in a country where things are based on performance not man-know-man

NCAN Yoruba vs Igbo warriors, nothing for any of you on this thread cheesy Very good.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by adgwarri: 10:09am On Sep 29, 2016
Lodgecheck.com..... No1 destination for student lodges and Accommodation, UNN, FUTO, UNIZIK AND NEKEDE
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Gabbywatch10: 10:09am On Sep 29, 2016
Proudly south south well-done bro.

2 Likes

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Kaybee14(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2016
Congrats bro. Thank you for keeping our country's flag flying. All the best in your career pursuits.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by adgwarri: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2016
Nna, we're is the project

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Amarr19: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2016
Nice 1 my brother
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by shotin(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2016
An excellent performance, keep the flag flying, in other news, today is my birthday, show me some love nairalanders... grin

16 Likes

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by geostrata(m): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2016
cheesy
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by ileogbenfidel(m): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2016
Nigerians are very brilliant our problem has always been our leaders, we have been very unlucky with leaders...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by enigma2007(m): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2016
All IT people on NL, lets come n celebrate our own wink

2 Likes

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by gloriousangel7: 10:14am On Sep 29, 2016
Good news bro more knowledge to u.

i go from country to country only Hod made it possiblr, thank God.
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by charlieboy93(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2016
Proudly nigerian... u re blessing to this country

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by mustaphagreens(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2016
Congrats man.

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Olukokosir(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2016
Debaddest:
Proudly 5%

Oya
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by tartar9(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2016
good one...but don't do drugs
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by cyberdurable(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2016
[size=15pt]where are those stupid NCAN member's from waste Region, you guys classify Akwa ibomians as Flat heads...so we are taking this credit...

sign:NCAN ward chairman Rising sun Region grin[/size]

12 Likes

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by tunebob(m): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2016
lovely
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2016
If it were in Nigeria,the Daura man will give the award to a Northerner.

4 Likes

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by wesome2500(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2016
congrats to him

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Annie2059: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2016
nice one... but coming back here when our oil and gas sectors have collapsed or still on the verge of collapsing?
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by tunde1200(m): 10:28am On Sep 29, 2016
happy birthday and LLP.

shotin:
An excellent performance, keep the flag flying, in other news, today is my birthday, show me some love nairalanders... grin
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Famsey: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2016
Nice one.

In another vein,

So dis guy is 23, Kelechi Iheanacho is 19 and Alex Iwobi is 20....I'm not understanding undecided

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by hucienda: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2016
Congratulations Ignatius.

Greater exploits await you.

NCAN. Over to you.
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Proffdada: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2016
ephi123:
Good one. That is what obtains in a country where things are based on performance not man-know-man

NCAN Yoruba vs Igbo warriors, nothing for any of you on this thread cheesy Very good.
it's actually igbo vs Yoruba, one starts the discord the other finishes it

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by ephi123(f): 10:30am On Sep 29, 2016
Proffdada:
it's actually igbo vs Yoruba, one starts the discord the other finishes it

cheesy
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by nnokwa042(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2016
ephi123:

lol if u see the speed i take open the news i come see akpabio am still happy for the ekaites e no easy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb 2015: Unilorin, Uniben, Unizik Leads List Of Most Popular Universities / How To Improve Your GPA And Stay Focused On Your Education Each Semester / Professors Oladiji, Ogunsola & Olatunji-Bello (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.