Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian (4262 Views)

Why We Regret Going To Canada / I Regret Been A Nigerian Yesterday / 5 Things You Will Not Regret Doing In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Mille: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2016
So I started my Erasmus journey, First destination, Romania.

Left Lagos yesterday night with Turkish airline with a stopover at Istanbul before finally proceeding to Cluj. Since I arrived Istanbul, that Green passport has been a curse to me. Scrutiny upon scrutiny.

They never opened any bag while I was there but they opened mine. I passed through the detector at first and there was nothing. They had to tell me to go back two more times.

When I wanted to board the connecting flight to Cluj, I actually delayed the flight and other passengers by up to 20minutes. They just kept asking for documents after documents to justify my visit to Romania. When I finally arrived Cluj was the worst scrutiny ever. All other passengers were already gone before I finally scaled through. I just kept laughing inside and they kept telling me they are doing their job.

BTW, Is there any black living being in Cluj? From the flight till now, I haven't seen anyone that resembles me. From the airport, they just all kept looking at me like an alien from Mars. But I no send she. Enjoying the attention

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by ammyluv2002(f): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2016
Bros, no vex na our leaders/us cause am meanwhile, enjoy the attention jare grin grin

6 Likes

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Pamelayoung: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2016
Are you schooling there?
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by iliyande(m): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2016
is being a Nigerian by choice?

2 Likes

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by ifyalways(f): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2016
Prove them wrong by being a good ambassador of the green passport.

Shun crime.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by goodieuzo: 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
Naway ooh,if it is like this in turkey why is someone saying it is easier to enter turkey and get factory work.

2 Likes

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Nigranks: 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
I know how you feel, You will succeed. Just be strong and stay on righteous path.
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
It's the reputation set already by other Nigerians. Most of them are known for carrying drugs. To stay on the safe side the authorities automatically assume you're a drug pusher because as common knowledge dictates "better safe than sorry".
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by ATERI(m): 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
Is there any country that is worse than Romania in Europe? Maybe Albania, so Keep on feeling sorry for yourself, having made the wrong choice. You should throw away your Nigerian passport and become a Gypsy, I guess that should be better!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
There are many nigerians in romania especially that ckuj studying medicine and pharmacy. I know some graduates from there.
Op. i feel you pain.
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by ajalaonifaaji: 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
You shouldn't say you regret being a Nigerian....Thats a wrong mentalilty yo start with. Try to be a good ambassador, never over stay your visa....a lot of Nigerians abuse the terms of their visas, that explain your scrutiny at the airport. Enjoy your stay.

5 Likes

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Fortissimo502: 6:20am On Sep 30, 2016
Congrats. Different strokes for different folks though. I didn't get any extra scrutiny when i travelled. Generalisations are usually incorrect.
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by judebebo32: 8:50am On Sep 30, 2016
Mille:
So I started my Erasmus journey, First destination, Romania.

Left Lagos yesterday night with Turkish airline with a stopover at Istanbul before finally proceeding to Cluj. Since I arrived Istanbul, that Green passport has been a curse to me. Scrutiny upon scrutiny.

They never opened any bag while I was there but they opened mine. I passed through the detector at first and there was nothing. They had to tell me to go back two more times.

When I wanted to board the connecting flight to Cluj, I actually delayed the flight and other passengers by up to 20minutes. They just kept asking for documents after documents to justify my visit to Romania. When I finally arrived Cluj was the worst scrutiny ever. All other passengers were already gone before I finally scaled through. I just kept laughing inside and they kept telling me they are doing their job.

BTW, Is there any black living being in Cluj? From the flight till now, I haven't seen anyone that resembles me. From the airport, they just all kept looking at me like an alien from Mars. But I no send she. Enjoying the attention
Being a Nigerian is not your choice.Its very difficult to admit but you have come to the reality that you are a Nigerian. I have experienced same treatment countless times but I just had to stay calm.

Just be a good ambassador.

2 Likes

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Mille: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
ATERI:

Is there any country that is worse than Romania in Europe? Maybe Albania, so Keep on feeling sorry for yourself, having made the wrong choice. You should throw away your Nigerian passport and become a Gypsy, I guess that should be better!

Lol. I'm only spending 5months here as part of my program before I move to Germany, France and Belgium. So you see, I didn't make a wrong choice.

Also, because of Nairalanders like you, I was expecting to see mud houses but from what I have seen so far, Nigeria is still hundreds of years behind.

I'm in love with the city but not yet with her people.

2 Likes

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Mille: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
shinarambo1:
There are many nigerians in romania especially that ckuj studying medicine and pharmacy. I know some graduates from there.
Op. i feel you pain.

Please any idea how I can get in touch. It's hard here plus the bad food (well to me). I have been feeding on bread alone. Only about 10 people speak English.
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Mille: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
Pamelayoung:
Are you schooling there?
Yes.
Till February.
As for those saying I should be good ambassadors, you can count on that.

1 Like

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Pamelayoung: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
Mille:

Yes.

Till February.

Best wishes
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by abduldope(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
Mille:
Enjoying the attention
i love this part cool cool cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by guiddoti: 11:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
oga, take it easy! which one be curse naw! Go study n come build yur modaland

1 Like

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by obiaguna(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2016
Mille:

Yes.

Till February.

Congrats on your Erasmus journey and sorry for the ill treatment, it's a national cross(curse) and only us can change it, one person at a time.
Anyways, how did you apply and get the program. Was it expensive? I'm looking for something similar cos I want quality education abroad yet affordable somewhat. Please give tips. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Mille: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2016
obiaguna:

Congrats on your Erasmus journey and sorry for the ill treatment, it's a national cross(curse) and only us can change it, one person at a time.
Anyways, how did you apply and get the program. Was it expensive? I'm looking for something similar cos I want quality education abroad yet affordable somewhat. Please give tips. Thanks.

The application was online. I sent all the required documents by email and after I got the confirmation of acceptance, I was asked to send the rest by mail.

The fee was 4200€/year.
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by obiaguna(m): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mille:

The application was online. I sent all the required documents by email and after I got the confirmation of acceptance, I was asked to send the rest by mail.

The fee was 4200€/year.

So I should just go online and google the Erasmus mundi program yeah. Thanks.
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by coxlinda(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2016
What a country....speechless
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by redcurry(f): 11:35am On Oct 03, 2016
obiaguna:

So I should just go online and google the Erasmus mundi program yeah. Thanks.
lol
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
Go to Constanta & see another life
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by obiaguna(m): 12:26am On Oct 04, 2016
redcurry:
lol

Lol why you dey laugh.
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by redcurry(f): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2016
obiaguna:

Lol why you dey laugh.
abi now. cheesy
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
judebebo32:

Being a Nigerian is not your choice.Its very difficult to admit but you have come to the reality that you are a Nigerian. I have experienced same treatment countless times but I just had to stay calm.

Just be a good ambassador.
I find you reach here, the jacket you promised! i am in Parnu now, cold wan kill me for here and jacket be like Range Rover Sport price for here.
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Ugosample(m): 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
It's the reputation set already by other Nigerians. Most of them are known for carrying drugs. To stay on the safe side the authorities automatically assume you're a drug pusher because as common knowledge dictates "better safe than sorry".

This is the honest truth

Nigerians before you by deliberate acts have ruined the reputation of the country with their shady ways and their delusion that they are smarter than others

We bear the cross for those bad eggs
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Beautyaddy: 1:25am On Nov 10, 2017
Ugosample:

This is the honest truth

Nigerians before you by deliberate acts have ruined the reputation of the country with their shady ways and their delusion that they are smarter than others

We bear the cross for those bad eggs
Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by salford1: 1:40am On Nov 10, 2017
Sorry o op. Na your people dey cause am. Nigerians and dishonesty are like 5 & 6.

Now Canada too is on their matter grin

Re: I Sincerely Regret Being Nigerian by Beautyaddy: 2:09am On Nov 10, 2017
salford1:
Sorry o op. Na your people dey cause am. Nigerians and dishonesty are like 5 & 6.

Now Canada too is on their matter grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lekki Leisure Lake / Travel To Seychelles / Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.