Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You (8098 Views)

Best Home Remedies To Relieve Menstrual Cramps Fast / How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? / How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 7:17am On Sep 30, 2016
menstrual cramps are painful
sensations felt in the inner thighs, lower abdomen and back that can
occur both before and during a woman's
menstrual period. The pain ranges from dull
and annoying to severe and extreme. The pain is usually a result of the uterus contracting to expel blood.
Dysmenorrhea is the medical term for menstrual cramps.

Not all ladies experience this,some have no pain at all, in some the discomfort is mild and some others get very bad cramps

I have a friend who vomits each time she gets her period,yes! hers is that bad

Sometimes it gets so bad that i don't feel like going out at all,i just stay in bed all day and if I have someplace really important to go to, I resort to pain relievers.

For me,it usually gets better after the 1st day of my period,I feel lesser pain on the second day and nothing at all on the third and fourth day

tell us how you deal with this discomfort,what works for you

you might save someone from this nightmare

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 30, 2016
They should stay off sugary stuffs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by chocolateme(f): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2016
Mine is always on the 2nd and 4th day, it is so horrible that i often lean overnight due to pains. Once the day breaks on the second day, all hell will be let loose. Towards afternoon time of that day after my mom must have done some serious hot water massage on my tommy and waist with standing and ceiling fans plus AC at their highest, i will start feeling goose bumps and cold, then deep sleep follows. When i wake up later, i feel better. (Thats when i usually cry and call on everyone in the house, all my male and female siblings, i will be saying all sorts of things, calling them to beg God to pity me and asking them to tell God to give me like 7minutes break from the pains so i could rest small) if you see how i break into sweat eh!! I will be so drenched as if a bucket of water was poured on me chai!!
Fourth day is just a brief pain, during when those lumpy ones drop though not always.
I remember passing out literally in the office one day only to wake up on the hospital bed, i was shocked and very embarrassed, the doctor gave me an injection after i was brought in which soothed the pain. I was so embarrassed especially because only God knows how he pulled my undies to inject me without my consent though my colleague told him it was menstrual pains. (thank God i was wearing Tampax)
I have learnt a lot on managing the pains ranging from exercises for it especially stretching and drinking LOTS of water ( not chilled or hot water) these two helps me a lot. So i can comfortably say that i am good at managing the cramps.

10 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 30, 2016
Drinking hot water works just fine.
Not too hot tho.
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by speedyconnect3: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2016
lie on the floor, and take plenty fluids.

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 30, 2016
Personally, gin works fine for me and that is sometimes sha. I just drink 'regal' and sleep off.
Hot water no dey work for me or pain reliever meds.
'ladiness' used to work but not now

3 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2016
The pain of the first 2 days are horrific, I don't take painkillers because they have no effect on me. I just cry and place a damp warm cloth over my stomach.

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Emrixx(f): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2016
Hmm ur husbands na God go help dem,just pray God should bless u with a patient man

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2016
Emrixx:
Hmm ur husbands na God go help dem,just pray God should bless u with a patient man
and bless you with a woman without cramps

8 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 30, 2016
modelmike7:
Exactly....but funny enough when we ladies are on our period that's when we get cravings for sugary stuffs or junks the most because of the high levels of our hormones at that particular period smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2016
chocolateme:
Mine is always on the 2nd and 4th day, it is so horrible that i often lean overnight due to pains. Once the day breaks on the second day, all hell will be let loose. Towards afternoon time of that day after my mom must have done some serious hot water massage on my tommy and waist with standing and ceiling fans plus AC at their highest, i will start feeling goose bumps and cold, then deep sleep follows. When i wake up later, i feel better. (Thats when i usually cry and call on everyone in the house, all my male and female siblings, i will be saying all sorts of things, calling them to beg God to pity me and asking them to tell God to give me like 7minutes break from the pains so i could rest small) if you see how i break into sweat eh!! I will be so drenched as if a bucket of water was poured on me chai!!
Fourth day is just a brief pain, during when those lumpy ones drop though not always.
I remember passing out literally in the office one day only to wake up on the hospital bed, i was shocked and very embarrassed, the doctor gave me an injection after i was brought in which soothed the pain. I was so embarrassed especially because only God knows how he pulled my undies to inject me without my consent though my colleague told him it was menstrual pains. (thank God i was wearing Tampax)
I have learnt a lot on managing the pains ranging from exercises for it especially stretching and drinking LOTS of water ( not chilled or hot water) these two helps me a lot. So i can comfortably say that i am good at managing the cramps.
kai this one na semi labour o,lol

on a serious note,have you gone to the hospital for a checkup,just to be sure nothing els is causing that much pain?

kpele dear,i feel you

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by darmilolah(m): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2016
Cramps is as a result of calcium deficiency. Get calcium supplement and take it before your period. The pain should reduce if not completely gone. Continue taking the calcium supplement till the pain is totally gone.

Our body uses calcium to do virtually everything. Calcium supplement is good for everybody both male and female.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 30, 2016
Ibuprofen works just fine for me. Recently I went for an abdominal scan and discovered that some menstrual pains are not normal, some are caused by fibroid. If you experience lower abdominal pains accompanied by back and waist pain during your menses I think you should go for a scan.

Most of it has nothing to do with your sugar consumption at all.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by prettyangel10(f): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
I take Panadol every six hours, and I'm good to go. smileyits only d discomfort thing, I sometimes feel so lazy those period.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by chocolateme(f): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
faithugo64:
kai this one na semi labour o,lol

on a serious note,have you gone to the hospital for a checkup,just to be sure nothing els is causing that much pain?

kpele dear,i feel you
thanks my dearest.. yes it was the doctor that helped me and now, its no longer as bad as it use to be, infact some times, i feel little or no pains even without drugs.
I remember one advice given to me by a nurse that i should always have intercourse frequently with my bf a week before it starts. I don't believe that anyway. Last month's time, i was crying silently and wriggling in pains in my room without letting anyone know, suddenly my younger sister opened my door and handed me tablets and water, lol. I just took it and she said sorry and left after increasing my ceiling fan to the highest. I am fine now.

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
chocolateme:
thanks my dearest.. yes it was the doctor that helped me and now, its no longer as bad as it use to be, infact some times, i feel little or no pains even without drugs.
I remember one advice given to me by a nurse that i should always have intercourse frequently with my bf a week before it starts. I don't believe that anyway. Last month's time, i was crying silently and wriggling in pains in my room without letting anyone know, suddenly my younger sister opened my door and handed me tablets and water, lol. I just took it and she said sorry and left after increasing my ceiling fan to the highest. I am fine now.
I think the reason she said that was because it is believed that orgasm provides some form of relief,Dr google

heeeeeeeeee I no say make una go do o,besides there is no assurance the pains will be gone after the "doing"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by sisisioge: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
chocolateme:

Haa! No be small thing o. AF just comes as agreed on day 28 without any incidents and goes back without attitude. Although, in between this I could lose weight if I don't watch my feeding pattern as I don't usually get hungry at all! Me that get hungry normally just plain forget to eat during this period. I would consider that as AF pains.

Yours on the other hand needs serious attention although I heard once you have ur first baby everything changes. Pele.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by chocolateme(f): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
sisisioge:

Haa! No be small thing o. AF just comes as agreed on day 28 without any incidents and goes back without attitude. Although, in between this I could lose weight if I don't watch my feeding pattern as I don't usually get hungry at all! Me that get hungry normally just plain forget to eat during this period. I would consider that as AF pains.

Yours on the other hand needs serious attention although I heard once you have ur first baby everything changes. Pele.

thanks love
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by chocolateme(f): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
faithugo64:
I think the reason she said that was because it is believed that orgasm provides some form of relief,Dr google

heeeeeeeeee I no say make una go do o,besides there is no assurance the pains will be gone after the "doing"
lol.. i am cool now. Thanks dear
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by sexymoma(f): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
felvin20...it works like magic
buh too much of it isn't good though

3 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by sexymoma(f): 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
modelmike7:
My brother, pepsi long throat bottle nor go allow me ooo grin chai, sometimes i do take pepsi a day before my p gan tongue

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by MissIndependent(f): 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
Lol that stuff can be very painful yes I do throw up too I feel awkward as if I'm carrying a pregnancy about to drop whenever it starts. I am among those that don't take drugs for it because we believe drugs have side effect. When it's on a weekend I sleep all day and endure d pain. But the pain stops like 3pm if it started early in the morning. I remember when I was in NYSC camp and this thing started no pain all thru the 3-4days it only flowed like water that was when I knew that hard exercise and those early morning jogging and parade ease menstrual cramps too. Another secret I just discovered last Month: a day to the flow I take one tablet of Felvin and on the day of the flow take another tablet dats all no pain at all I only do this drug therapy when I really have something to do like work not good using drugs always but if it's on a weekend and I'm indoor all thru I manage the pain noni....
I forgot to add I don't eat all through that day it makes the pain worse. Infact no appetite sef food irritate me once it starts.
By the way this Topic should be in health section not family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
One dose of Ibruprofen on the first day only, and I'm good to go till it's over. I'm lucky!!! grin
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
Chai! See what my sisters are going through every month. Sorry beauties. It is a necessary thing. Just keep thanking God for life that it comes just 3 to 5 days in a month and stop at the right time . . . Do you remember the woman that touched Jesus garment did the same thing continuously for 12 years? YEA, TWELVE YEARS!! Lets keep thanking God for life and good health.

12 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Berbierklaus(f): 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
grin
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
sexymoma:
felvin20...it works like magic
buh too much of it isn't good though

there was this month I tried felvin,the flow just stopped after two days. Since then, to take felvin dey fear me
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
can you try Feminax, that is what i use though its a bit pricey but mehn it answers my dysmennorhea troubles. Give it a shot
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Mafio: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
Smh Mine was severe with pain, vomiting, running Nothing will stay in my stomach oooi Till I start taking contraceptive. I don't think there is any pain more than menstrual pain.
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by MissIndependent(f): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
faithugo64:

there was this month I tried felvin,the flow just stopped after two days. Since then, to take felvin dey fear me

Infact same here normally mine do flow till the 4th day or I will be seeing drops of blood on the 4th day but after trying the felving therapy, on the 3rd day, flow was only till afternoon I used pad in the evening but pad was empty. My doctor friend said all is well no cause for alarm. It is because of things like this I don't even rely on drugs for dealing with menstrual pain I prefer to endure the pain just that it's not always easy enduring the pain that pain can kill a woman sef cry chei I need to carry a 9Months pregnancy so that I won't have to deal with menstrual pain infact let menopause age reach abeg... cry

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
MissIndependent:

Infact same here normally mine do flow till the 4th day or I will be seeing drops of blood on the 4th day but after trying the felving therapy, on the 3rd day, flow was only till afternoon I used pad in the evening but pad was empty. My doctor friend said all is well no cause for alarm. It is because of things like this I don't even rely on drugs for dealing with menstrual pain I prefer to endure the pain just that it's not always easy enduring the pain that pain can kill a woman sef cry chei I need to carry a 9Months pregnancy so that I won't have to deal with menstrual pain infact let menopause age reach abeg... cry
hahahahahaha

Nne don't talk about menopause now oo,if aunt menopause comes visiting now,na you go dey waka from hospital to hospital trying to send her back o except you are done with childbirth

for carrying a nine months pregnancy in order to shy away from menstrual cramps,hahaha i laugh in latin ,menstrual cramps is nothing compared to labour pains ooo, that one na hell!! ask your mum

just keep enduring it inugo,it gets easier once you have had your first baby - so I heard

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
Mafio:
Smh
Mine was severe with pain, vomiting, running
Nothing will stay in my stomach oooi
Till I start taking contraceptive.
I don't think there is any pain more than menstrual pain.

sweetheart there is oo, and its called labour pains!!! its menstrual pain in advanced form

if you feel this much pain when expelling blood,imagine what would happen when its something as big as a baby

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Swissheart(f): 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
Menstrual Cramp for me is like Semi-Labour. The pain comes with series of stuffs....Leg,neck,back ,stomach ache. I throw up at intervals. No food for the first day,water on the second day. I stay in bed all day. I leave work before tongues start wagging . Can't begin to explain it o jare. It made me miss an external exam some years back. Ladinax does it for me once in a while though

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations / Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? / African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.