Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,023 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You (8087 Views)

Best Home Remedies To Relieve Menstrual Cramps Fast / How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? / How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by jackie3B(f): 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
its really terrible... have a frnd who throws up ones it starts. me I can't endure d pain oo*sureclofen plus works wonders for me
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 01, 2016
Out of curiosity as a guy I don't have sisters and dating life wasn't much so I haven't had experience with ladies in this period. But what can the pain be compared to ? Just curious
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Pidggin(f): 11:32am On Oct 01, 2016
Lord thank you
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by teeghurl(f): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2016
pcguru1:
Out of curiosity as a guy I don't have sisters and dating life wasn't much so I haven't had experience with ladies in this period. But what can the pain be compared to ? Just curious
Like ur bone crushing. U knw dt kinda pain smiley

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 01, 2016
In my case, I don't feel cramps.. I feel more energetic, angry at unnecessary things and yes moody.. I like to be quiet and when I get home after a day's work, I will be looking for more house chores to do..especially at nights.. Lol..
Sometimes after sweating and cleaning the house, I will seat back, look at my self, shake my head and laugh in wonder.. . Thinking I hope I didn't wake my next door neighbor with noise of sweeping, washing pots at 12am!
Mehn it's crazy

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Eleganza33(f): 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
The pain no be for here o i usually takes indomithacin tablets when ever my monthly visitor come,i just can't wait to get married and have a baby to put a stop to it.
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
Just saw a video, so wait this cycle happens every month shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Luckygurl(f): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
pcguru1:

Lol!!
The pain varies from person to person

Like you'd feel as if this very heavy load was placed on your lower abdomen, it gets too bad to the extent of not been able to walk properly. Then the contracting pains too, just at the point of been relieved a little, the painful tightening grip comes up you can't help but clutch your tummy tightly whilst you whin in pains.
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
teeghurl:
Like ur bone crushing. U knw dt kinda pain smiley

Chai that sounds intense
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by MissIndependent(f): 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
faithugo64:
hahahahahaha

Nne don't talk about menopause now oo,if aunt menopause comes visiting now,na you go dey waka from hospital to hospital trying to send her back o except you are done with childbirth

for carrying a nine months pregnancy in order to shy away from menstrual cramps,hahaha i laugh in latin ,menstrual cramps is nothing compared to labour pains ooo, that one na hell!! ask your mum

just keep enduring it inugo,it gets easier once you have had your first baby - so I heard
Thanks dear
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by ladyF(f): 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
Felvin has been my life saver for many years now. I really can't stand pain, so I usually have a spare in my bag when it's getting close.

Thank me later! grin
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 6:56am On Oct 02, 2016
pcguru1:
intense muscle cramps!!

you know what happens to you guys when you play football?

yes! something like that but more severe!!!

your back o,waist o,lower abdomen o,inner thighs o

and yes,it happens every month!
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 02, 2016
faithugo64:
menstrual cramps are painful
sensations felt in the inner thighs, lower abdomen and back that can
occur both before and during a woman's
menstrual period. The pain ranges from dull
and annoying to severe and extreme. The pain is usually a result of the uterus contracting to expel blood.
Dysmenorrhea is the medical term for menstrual cramps.

Not all ladies experience this,some have no pain at all, in some the discomfort is mild and some others get very bad cramps

I have a friend who vomits each time she gets her period,yes! hers is that bad

Sometimes it gets so bad that i don't feel like going out at all,i just stay in bed all day and if I have someplace really important to go to, I resort to pain relievers.

For me,it usually gets better after the 1st day of my period,I feel lesser pain on the second day and nothing at all on the third and fourth day

tell us how you deal with this discomfort,what works for you

you might save someone from this nightmare
Take Ibuprofen, thank me later.
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2016
Pandorabox:
Take Ibuprofen, thank me later.
it makes me dizzy o
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by corisande: 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
cry

3 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Ariyke: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mine hurts as hell undecided and also comes heavily I tried all sort of drugs ranging from felvin, ladinax buscopan but for where cry cry it is that terrible coupled with the fact that I have to use tampon and sanitary towel together because mine is super heavy *my friends do say my period is an expensive one embarassed* cry I can't travel anytime am on embarassed to go class when on is war

I can't wait to marry born jare make person rest

I currently use kacham even though it might have effect but I can't deal with the pain mehn embarassed
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ariyke:
Mine hurts as hell undecided and also comes heavily I tried all sort of drugs ranging from felvin, ladinax buscopan but for where cry cry it is that terrible coupled with the fact that I have to use tampon and sanitary towel together because mine is super heavy *my friends do say my period is an expensive one embarassed* cry I can't travel anytime am on embarassed to go class when on is war

I can't wait to marry born jare make person rest

I currently use kacham even though it might have effect but I can't deal with the pain mehn embarassed
kpele dear, ndo inugo

regarding the heavy flow,have you checked for fibrods?
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by faithugo64(f): 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
corisande:
Sorry babes, i don't know what the pain feels like as
i don't feel any sort of pain.
Sometimes i wish i could experience a little of the pain to know what it feels like, especially when i see my sis crying and holding her stomach.
I just wake to see it or if I'm out i might just get stained. so i keep reminders and dates of my next dates and always have a tampon/pad in my bag.

My sister takes felvin and it helps for her pains.

*My appetite for food is also huge during this period as i can eat a storm. i add weight which I loose the following week.
you are super lucky!
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Ariyke: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
faithugo64:
kpele dear, ndo inugo

regarding the heavy flow,have you checked for fibrods?
thanks dear

I did abdominal scan recently and I wasn't told of any fibroid
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Titilayooni(f): 1:33am On Oct 03, 2016
I usually take felvin a week before I start but the long usage gave me ucler,so I just use hot water bottle to massage the pains..or use Oriki herbal mixture
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 03, 2016
faithugo64:
it makes me dizzy o
It makes me energetic.
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Incrizz(f): 12:53am On Oct 04, 2016
'Feel it on my lower abdomen.
I rub my pelvic bone at the back like women in labour do, the dimpled spot, and the pain disappears like magic. As soon as I stop rubbing, the pain starts again.
Lie on my back and bend both my knees to my chest, the pain disappears like clouds melt into thin air.
I pace.

Pcguru1 you know when you rinse a cloth and you squeeze to dry? Yeah.
Just imagine someone's grabbed a hold of your abdomen and is twisting it from only one end like that. It could get so intense your legs turn jelly. Cramps.

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 04, 2016
Incrizz:
'Feel it on my lower abdomen.
I rub my pelvic bone at the back like women in labour do, the dimpled spot, and the pain disappears like magic. As soon as I stop rubbing, the pain starts again.
Lie on my back and bend both my knees to my chest, the pain disappears like clouds melt into thin air.
I pace.

Pcguru1 you know when you rinse a cloth and you squeeze to dry? Yeah.
Just imagine someone's grabbed a hold of your abdomen and is twisting it from only one end like that. It could get so intense your legs turn jelly. Cramps.

cry biko nu, i just thought people were always dramatic about it, now i think i have a vivid idea.
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Incrizz(f): 2:12am On Oct 05, 2016
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by agrovick(m): 2:15am On Oct 05, 2016
shocked
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Ulrich01(m): 6:21am On Oct 18, 2016
Mehn reading through all this comments cry. My own stomach sef don dey turn me . Ladies are really trying going tru this pains every month. Thumbs up to them ladies. The Lord is your strength. Sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by forlahkhe: 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
I use piroxicam(felvin) b4 d pain gets serious and thereafter, i wont feel no pain again.
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2017
I think i'll be careful handling women now. I spent all my youth working trying so hard to be a man. I think i just new last week menstrual period could be painful. A female associate that used to be full of life sounded like Donald Trump was on her case, this is just some days ago, i remember the sharp pain in my voice and how it seared my heart and how i quickly cut the call. It's a learning curve for we guys to take it easy, na wa, females have lots of burden to carry. It's a wonderful thread, i've learnt a thing or two, though i saw a word and i'm like what's that used for, Lol. Before i get totally yabbed, i rather not ask, but then again, na work. Work,work,work, never had time for female folks not even once in my life... Hoping to start off this year sha, ryt after i get my 5Million Naira alert ..Lol... !!!
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 13, 2017
Sex works a lot kiss

Avoid carbs, junk and sugary foods
More of fruits and vegetables
Get a hot water bottle and place it on your abdomen.
Take ibuprofen. kiss
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
chocolateme:
Mine is always on the 2nd and 4th day, it is so horrible that i often lean overnight due to pains. Once the day breaks on the second day, all hell will be let loose. Towards afternoon time of that day after my mom must have done some serious hot water massage on my tommy and waist with standing and ceiling fans plus AC at their highest, i will start feeling goose bumps and cold, then deep sleep follows. When i wake up later, i feel better. (Thats when i usually cry and call on everyone in the house, all my male and female siblings, i will be saying all sorts of things, calling them to beg God to pity me and asking them to tell God to give me like 7minutes break from the pains so i could rest small) if you see how i break into sweat eh!! I will be so drenched as if a bucket of water was poured on me chai!!
Fourth day is just a brief pain, during when those lumpy ones drop though not always.
I remember passing out literally in the office one day only to wake up on the hospital bed, i was shocked and very embarrassed, the doctor gave me an injection after i was brought in which soothed the pain. I was so embarrassed especially because only God knows how he pulled my undies to inject me without my consent though my colleague told him it was menstrual pains. (thank God i was wearing Tampax)
I have learnt a lot on managing the pains ranging from exercises for it especially stretching and drinking LOTS of water ( not chilled or hot water) these two helps me a lot. So i can comfortably say that i am good at managing the cramps.

Use Felvin20 just 2 tablet a day to ur menses or on your menses day and thank me later. Felvin20 not Felgin
Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Blackmiserable(m): 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
Eleganza33:
The pain no be for here o i usually takes indomithacin tablets when ever my monthly visitor come,i just can't wait to get married and have a baby to put a stop to it.

Your word is one of the outcome of God's providential dealings with women. Take care, you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Ladies How Do You Deal With Menstrual Cramps? What actually Works For You by Algorithimz: 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Goes Unclad While Fighting Another Woman In Public Over A Guy. Photos / Sexually Frustrated Housewife Of Rich Husband / African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.