Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:12 PM

When You Work With Someone That Pilfers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When You Work With Someone That Pilfers (11462 Views)

Can You Work Under Your Wife? / Can You Work From Home Part-time As A Banker Or Company Worker? / Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by afo86: 7:17am On Oct 02, 2016
After the closing hour of the day both of yu shd sit down and count the money together, gv it to her to keep till the next day.... Yu are save.. Else aluta continua
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by Jidibia(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2016
adioolayi:
Click like if you check the word Pilfers for dictionary or you just learnt a new word grin

I actually did...thanks op.

for your case...try catch her red handed.. you can't do anything without good evidence
lol. you are funny. You would have known the word pilfers or pilfering if you did any organizational related course or subject.
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by goingape1: 7:34am On Oct 02, 2016
mondob2k:
Good Morning Nlanders. I am really bothered that is I am writing this as soon as I woke up even before saying my prayers... make I pause first abeg... Yes I am back. Recently my boss approved d employment of a new Secretary/Cleaner and attached her to my office. I supervise works in d organization and most times I make payments to external contractors like drivers, operators n mechanics.

Since she came in my imprest didnt add up on two occasions. Though I had my suspicion, I decided to gave her d benefit of the doubt. The last straw that broke d carmel's (actually my) back was d N28k I left in my locker (it doesnt have a lock) coming to work yday and I counted and it was 26k. Immediately I picked a brown envelope containing 5k earmarked for something else and lo and behold it was 4k. She simply said 'that one no complete too?'

Nobody has access to d office apart frm d both of us. and when I am out she is always in. She resumes before me daily. I told a colleague, he doesnt av any solution at hand.

I need your advice pls.

Edakun epp me... b4 100k go lost
some people just get brain but no sense!

put spy camera!

spy cameras this days are very cheap.

use your brain to think
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by Talk2CB: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2016
Never knew women do steal. Thought they only lie.
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by Askmewhy(m): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2016
Do integrity test for her, and once she fail tell your boss and off she will be sent away.
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by Juanthenairague: 8:19am On Oct 02, 2016
Let her be the keeper then, both of you should always count the money together and give it to her to keep, very simple. Let's see how she's gonna rob herself.
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by anyicash(m): 8:21am On Oct 02, 2016
Now i know that only shits can make fp
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by temmytope68(m): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2016
mondob2k:
Good Morning Nlanders. I am really bothered that is I am writing this as soon as I woke up even before saying my prayers... make I pause first abeg... Yes I am back. Recently my boss approved d employment of a new Secretary/Cleaner and attached her to my office. I supervise works in d organization and most times I make payments to external contractors like drivers, operators n mechanics.

Since she came in my imprest didnt add up on two occasions. Though I had my suspicion, I decided to gave her d benefit of the doubt. The last straw that broke d carmel's (actually my) back was d N28k I left in my locker (it doesnt have a lock) coming to work yday and I counted and it was 26k. Immediately I picked a brown envelope containing 5k earmarked for something else and lo and behold it was 4k. She simply said 'that one no complete too?'

Nobody has access to d office apart frm d both of us. and when I am out she is always in. She resumes before me daily. I told a colleague, he doesnt av any solution at hand.

I need your advice pls.

Mr OP, no need for you to accuse her of anymore stealings...keep whatever imprest you have on ground in her possession and do not hide anything from her be it money or any other valuables

1 Like

Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by Emma5097: 9:46am On Oct 02, 2016
mondob2k:

I need your advice pls.

First of all why in heavens name is there no lock? You sef ehn. But wait o Shey if u suspect her na to report her na or set trap make u catch her in the act. Anyway sha na your decision to make and I wish you well. I don move ahead.
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by Eibams60(m): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2016
u mumu aswear. u knw person wit em capability and u still dey yeye dey go. diz kind thread shouldn't b here from d 1st place cos d problem is u
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by dantori(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2016
mondob2k:

I need your advice pls.

Bros my advice always make sure after counting the money you give her to count too before dropping it in your locker and leaving the office. Thanks
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by lonelydora: 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
defendedvictim:
well, always keep ur money under her custody. In that way, she becomes responsible for any amount missing. Well, till you have tangible evidence to make a report.

Best advice so far. Once you are leaving office, call her and show her where you kept the money. Tell her the exact amount and ask her to be in charge of it. That way she won't dare take your money again. You can install a spy cam too.
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by stevejireh01: 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
adioolayi:
Click like if you check the word Pilfers for dictionary or you just learnt a new word grin

for your case...try catch her red handed.. you can't do anything without good evidence
that act pilfering is very common especially in poultry farms.
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by vislabraye(m): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
mondob2k:

I need your advice pls.

Use close circuit TV. It's not difficult to install
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
ColdHardTruth:

OP, truth is that almost every human would steal if they're SURE of getting away with it 100%

You should change that to YOU will steal 100% of the time - if you'd get away with it.
Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by mondob2k(m): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
dantori:

Bros my advice always make sure after counting the money you give her to count too before dropping it in your locker and leaving the office. Thanks

Thanks bro. I did this after d first incident. but failed on one ocassion and she struck.

1 Like

Re: When You Work With Someone That Pilfers by mondob2k(m): 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
adioolayi:

Wow. glad u (and at least 16 others) learnt a new word from my post.
u r welcome. my real problem is i dont av evidence against her. Like some1 said. I will av to put any money dat comes to me in her care.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Won A Schorlarship From The CFA Institute / Blacks Astronauts (nasa) / 30k Monthly Salary For Nigerian Graduates, Scholarship For All, Just Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.