Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? (1825 Views)

Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? / Big Bang Or God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
Okay, quick question: I in no way intend to be laic or profane, but do Christians worship Jesus or God? I'm not a Christian and the knowledge of the religion is not my forté. Also, I very much respect peoples' right to religion, so i have no problem whatsoever with the religion. I see Jesus as a messenger who delivered what was commanded and expected of him. But based on my observations, Christians mostly "talk" to Jesus and not God. In the name of Jesus, Blood of Jesus and so on. If I'm correct, the ultimate celestial power should be God's. I do not intend to question his reverence. But I think if they can "pray" to Jesus, then they should equally pray to Moses, Jacob, Abraham and the likes. Blood of Moses, Blood of Abraham and so on. I feel they not only pray to Jesus, but worship him instead of God. If Jesus saves them and answers their prayers, can we say God plays a ceremonial role? I stand to be corrected, so if anyone has an explanation for this, please shoot.
cc: lalasticlala

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Danosky502: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by branhampaul: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
Jesus Was God Who Was Made Flesh & Dwelt Among Us.. If You Doubt Checkout John 1:1 & John 1:14
So To Clear Your Question, The Bible Said Theres No Other Name Given In Earth Or Heaven By Which A Man Can Be Saved Except In The Name Of Jesus Christ..
Jesus Christ=God..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
JESUS is GOD
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Galaxydon1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
Stalker365:
JESUS is GOD
jesus is the son of God, he is not God,

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
Galaxydon1:

Holy trinity, God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Ghost

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:
Jesus Was God Who Was Made Flesh & Dwelt Among Us.. If You Doubt Checkout John 1:1 & John 1:14
So To Clear Your Question, The Bible Said Theres No Other Name Given In Earth Or Heaven By Which A Man Can Be Saved Except In The Name Of Jesus Christ..
Jesus Christ=God..
But if Jesus is God, how come he's also the "son of God"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by trapQ: 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
Yes cuz Jesus is God.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by JBUZZ: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
Stalker365:

Where u learn that lie lie
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by JBUZZ: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
trapQ:
Yes cuz Jesus is God.
Abeg read John 14:28
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by JBUZZ: 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:
Jesus Christ=God..
Who gave Jesus the name? Himself? grin

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by lilmax(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
John 14:6 should clear this up
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
lilmax:
John 14:6 should clear this up
Please, do state it.
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
No one comes to the Father(God) except through the Son(Jesus)
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by mokei(m): 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
Jesus is the Son of God while he was on earth because he wasn't conceived by natural conception.

Luke 1:35 (KJV) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Isaiah 7:14 (KJV) Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel

The birth of Jesus wasn't natural and that was why he could die for the sins of the whole world by being a Lamb without spot or blemish

1 Peter 1:19-20 (KJV) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,.
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
Jesuobu:
No one comes to the Father(God) except through the Son(Jesus)
Is there a verse to support that or just an assumption?
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by hopefulLandlord: 6:27pm On Sep 30, 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by branhampaul: 6:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
Stalker365:

Galaxydon1:
JBUZZ:

Abeg read John 14:28
Galaxydon1:
Jesus Said In The Bible That Whoever Has Seen Him As Seen The Father..
Read John 14:7, John 12:45, & Your Doubt Will Be Cleared Away..
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:

Yeah, guess I was right
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by branhampaul: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Stalker365:

Yeah, guess I was right
ya Right.. What Church Do You Attend?
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:
ya Right.. What Church Do You Attend?

Daystar
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by branhampaul: 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
Stalker365:

Daystar
Never Knew That Church.. State?
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:
Never Knew That Church.. State?

Pst Sam Adeyemi's church in Lagos
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
mokei:
Jesus is the Son of God while he was on earth because he wasn't conceived by natural conception.

Luke 1:35 (KJV) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Isaiah 7:14 (KJV) Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel

The birth of Jesus wasn't natural and that was why he could die for the sins of the whole world by being a Lamb without spot or blemish

1 Peter 1:19-20 (KJV) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
I don't think this answers the question- Why do you pray to Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by branhampaul: 7:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
Stalker365:

Pst Sam Adeyemi's church in Lagos
ok..
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:
Okay. Does this technically mean Jesus is God? Does this technically mean the contemporaries of Jesus have seen God? Because this statement puts Jesus on par with God.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by branhampaul: 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
bigtiny10:
Okay. Does this technically mean Jesus is God? Does this technically mean the contemporaries of Jesus have seen God? Because this statement puts Jesus on par with God.
Have'nt You Read John Were It Says, "In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was God, And The Word Was Made Flesh And Dwelt Among Us." You See; The Word Made Flesh & Dwelt Among Us.. Thats God Being Jesus Christ Also..

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by branhampaul: 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
We Pray To Jesus Christ B'cos He Is The Greatest, Supremest(if There's A Word Like That)..

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by JBUZZ: 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:
Who did Jesus pray to in John Chapter 17?
Was he praying to himself
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:
Have'nt You Read John Were It Says, "In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was God, And The Word Was Made Flesh And Dwelt Among Us." You See; The Word Made Flesh & Dwelt Among Us.. Thats God Being Jesus Christ Also..
Pardon me, but this is one of the most ridiculous references I've ever seen. Absolutely implausible.
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:
We Pray To Jesus Christ B'cos He Is The Greatest, Supremest(if There's A Word Like That)..
Okay. I get the fact that he's revered. But he's still a messenger, son of God or not, it's makes no sense to "pray" to him. If you think Jesus can grant whatever you pray or wish for, then where's the superintendence of God. If God is the creator and controller of the universe, then why is Jesus' influence unlimited. Your statement logically means Jesus can do whatever God can. Does this mean God has no say over Jesus' decisions.
Re: Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? by branhampaul: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
bigtiny10:
Pardon me, but this is one of the most ridiculous references I've ever seen. Absolutely implausible.
Don't Let Yr Pastor Or Church Decieve You..
Better Knw The Truth From The Bible..

(1) (2) (Reply)

My First Demonic Experience That Made Me Believe In God / Should A Spirit Filled Believer Succumb To Depression And Suicide? / Covid-19 : I Asked Where Mbaka, Mouka, Kumuyi God Is And I Got This In Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.