Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,951 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (191010 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 8:05am On Oct 11, 2016
So far so good!

4 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 11, 2016
mengho:
well done op, I will try your rising style on my next batch,

although i still use that ancient lantern for my lighting & heating, I think it is the reason why almost 7% die on every batch b4 they reach one month
the ones wey dey die....shey dem fit chop am

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by IDnoble1: 8:08am On Oct 11, 2016
organicfoods:
I am going to blend and ferment with molasses and use in their water.
Nice job Sir, pls why fermenting the molasses before use,for what reason?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 8:14am On Oct 11, 2016
Well done. Please update with more pictures today. You are doing a great job.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by dapsonlou(m): 8:15am On Oct 11, 2016
220 per chicken is too costly. There is a company in Ebule Egba selling 50 children for 5000naira.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by katchycouture(f): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2016
dapsonlou:
220 per chicken is too costly. There is a company in Ebule Egba selling 50 children for 5000naira.

Lol @50 children...
Nice job organicfoods

17 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2016
Please, who knows what could be wrong with my chicks? One was popping blood, so I gave them medicine for coccidiosis yesterday, and now they are all dull and not eating like before. What do you guys think went wrong. Please, experts in the house, help me with an answer, I am really worried, as these chicks have never been like this before. Thanks in advance.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Baroba(m): 9:05am On Oct 11, 2016
katchycouture:

Lol @50 children...
Nice job organicfoods

cheesy cheesy Am looking for the ones selling 50 chicken toddlers for 4000 naira..

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 11, 2016
dapsonlou:

It's not the quantity of chicks that matter rather the quality.
Good Job Op!

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Smartademu(m): 9:46am On Oct 11, 2016
katchycouture:

Lol @50 children...
Nice job organicfoods
Na chicken children na! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD!

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by joephemzyz(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
Lmaooooooooo....This man don find me come here!!

grin busted amigo !
Coman mentor me o, I wan do this business na!
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2016
You birds are suffering from coccidiosis no doubt. What medication have you been giving and what's their litter like? First thing you donwhen you notice sick birds is to isolate them! That way you can control the outbreak..Hit me back.
kayo80:
Please, who knows what could be wrong with my chicks? One was popping blood, so I gave them medicine for coccidiosis yesterday, and now they are all dull and not eating like before. What do you guys think went wrong. Please, experts in the house, help me with an answer, I am really worried, as these chicks have never been like this before. Thanks in advance.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Iseoluwani: 10:01am On Oct 11, 2016
ciouxox:
can they be used for rabbits please? Ride on bro

Do you deal with rabbits?

Where is your location...
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Vicolan: 10:01am On Oct 11, 2016
[quote author=organicfoods post=49809124]In my extreme quest for organic revolution in Nigeria. I will be doing a powerful project on broilers. My aim is to :

1. Reduce the reliance on costly chicken vaccination by fortifying my broilers with powerful cheap naturally occurring herbs from nature.
2. Enhance feed conversion ratio using fermented conventional feeds to grow super size broilers within 3 months that will out perform conventional Farmer's result. Note: This revolution won't be total, but should prove a better cheap option to overtly reliance on drugs to produce broilers.

So far I ordered 50 broilers from Chi Farm and got delivery yesterday. At 220 per chicks. My investment begins with 11800 Naira. 800 for transportation.

I bought one bag of top feed broiler starter at 3210 Naira. 500 Naira for transportations.

I will be using lacto bascillus and Garlic extract. They both cost 4000. 2000 each per liter.

I have 51 birds... No mortality after the second day. I am serving chicks with fermented feed of lactos bascillus and Garlic extract in water through out.

In four days I will be introducing bamboo shoots to handle coccidiosis

So as usual I will be keeping my costs very low.

Pls how much did u ordered for 51 chicks?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2016
You no like Menthol? Oya come take tomtom grin
joephemzyz:

grin busted amigo !
Coman mentor me o, I wan do this business na!
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by joephemzyz(m): 10:05am On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
You no like Menthol? Oya come take tomtom grin

angry sad why this man dey harsh bayi? Lol!
Mentors nko?
Ball u no gree ball , be forming lord stark there
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 10:10am On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
You birds are suffering from coccidiosis no doubt. What medication have you been giving and what's their litter like? First thing you donwhen you notice sick birds is to isolate them! That way you can control the outbreak..Hit me back.

Actually, I got broke last week and was running around for their feed money and ignored their cage cleaning, and rain had been falling constantly when I wasn't around, so their cage was wet. I guess this must have led to it. I cleaned their cage yesterday afternoon, and there is fresh/dry wood shaven in there now. At my area, I couldn't find any shop with Embazin or Vitacox, so I bought Coxstop, and I have been given them since yesterday afternoon.

But the thing is, I don't really know which of the chicks is the infected one, and I don't even know if it is just one. I just notice blood in the cage every now and then.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 10:12am On Oct 11, 2016
Balled yesterday but y'all didn't show..We played one on one..Agaba got punched sef...Dude bled grin
joephemzyz:

angry sad why this man dey harsh bayi? Lol!
Mentors nko?
Ball u no gree ball , be forming lord stark there

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2016
Wow..Chickens need not be neglected no matter what, they need the utmost care else na the owner go still suffer am.

*You need to observe the birds for at least an hour. Trust me, you'll find the blood pooping culprit and once you do, is late it and treat alone.

*Get Kepcox, Vazuril or any other Toltrazuril based drug. Vitacox is the best of them all as it's a vitamin based cocci drug. It contains Vitamins K, A and E that helps with the intestinal healing as well as general healing of the affected bird. Try the best you can to get it.

*Always make sure by all means necessary that you have loose and dry litter cos if you dont, you'd be the one paying for it either with mortality or with drugs at the end of the day.
kayo80:

Actually, I got broke last week and was running around for their feed money and ignored their cage cleaning, and rain had been falling constantly when I wasn't around, so their cage was wet. I guess this must have led to it. I cleaned their cage yesterday afternoon, and there is fresh/dry wood shaven in there now. At my area, I couldn't find any shop with Embazin or Vitacox, so I bought Coxstop, and I have been given them since yesterday afternoon.

But the thing is, I don't really know which of the chicks is the infected one, and I don't even know if it is just one. I just notice blood in the cage every now and then.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by grownaira: 10:26am On Oct 11, 2016
Nice work sir.
Meanwhile, for your livestock feed production, pls contact us for your good quality soyabean cake and groundnut cake. Direct from factory. Good price.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 10:26am On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
Wow..Chickens need not be neglected no matter what, they need the utmost care else na the owner go still suffer am.

*You need to observe the birds for at least an hour. Trust me, you'll find the blood pooping culprit and once you do, is late it and treat alone.

*Get Kepcox, Vazuril or any other Toltrazuril based drug. Vitacox is the best of them all as it's a vitamin based cocci drug. It contains Vitamins K, A and E that helps with the intestinal healing as well as general healing of the affected bird. Try the best you can to get it.

*Always make sure by all means necessary that you have loose and dry litter cos if you dont, you'd be the one paying for it either with mortality or with drugs at the end of the day.

So true. Thanks a lot. I will have this in mind.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2016
Remember to like our page www.facebook.com/PreemahAgro
kayo80:

So true. Thanks a lot. I will have this in mind.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by nelsonjj: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2016
organicfoods:
Yes bro. Mortality was before the withdrawal.
Does It Mean That The Light Is Not Needed At All From The Day 1
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by omejeo: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2016
[quote author=GreatManBee post=50095567][/quote]
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:21am On Oct 11, 2016
So interesting
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by stevejireh01: 11:45am On Oct 11, 2016
organicfoods:
So far so good!
please, as they grow, always endeavour to be suspending both their drinker and feeding trough from the ground to avoid pass out their stools into both the feed and the water, remember, your aim is to avoid some diseases, you could place the water on a wood or piece of block which is still at their eye level. thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by metallisc(m): 11:57am On Oct 11, 2016
organicfoods:
Since I retired the lantern, surprisingly the chicks continues to grow stronger everyday without heat.

I got one weighting 113g already, his colleague looking up to see if he can have a go on my weighing machine too lol. Chicken are pretty intelligent.

Guess what got them very active. ..some worms from my vermiculture worked them real hard.

Now I introduced ginger garlic plus farmers fertilizer (sea weeds)

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by stevejireh01: 11:58am On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
Remember to like our page www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet
nice one there, Pls always endeavour to keep the group alive and updated.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Shemkaz09: 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
Happy to be here and will like to knw more on Organic Farming, mostly the Livestock part. just finish my IT dis month (Oct) where I 1st heard abt Organic Poultry
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Shemkaz09: 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
dapsonlou:

are u for real? Datz #100 per DOC. is there hatchery at abule Egba?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Shemkaz09: 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
kayo80:

I notice such scene in my just concluded IT Inna farm @Ogun state,and what we give dem is DOXINEO. within some minutes dey will be active again. Hit me back if it works for you

NB: Doxineo is an antibiotics

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
IDnoble1:

Nice job Sir, pls why fermenting the molasses before use,for what reason?
It's to enable microorganism extract nutrients from the fruit. I want the good microorganism that thrive in sugar. Molasses offers me a chemical free medium. Ordinary sugar contains bleaching agent that can possibly make the growth of beneficiary microorganism difficult.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.